Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Things that disgust you

I'll start.

People wearing shoes in my home or anyone's home. Shoes are filthy.

The moisture on the outside of milk containers.

Seeing used bathing suits and underwear at thrift stores. We all know where they've been.

by Anonymousreply 30801/10/2013

Fat people and short men.

by Anonymousreply 101/06/2013

People like OP

by Anonymousreply 201/06/2013

OP, you sound so easy to like.

by Anonymousreply 301/06/2013

Catty, stuck up gay men like R1

by Anonymousreply 401/06/2013

Homeless, crazy or just regular weirdos who shout or say things to you on the street as you walk by

by Anonymousreply 501/06/2013

Republicans

by Anonymousreply 601/06/2013

Visible nose hair

by Anonymousreply 801/06/2013

People smoking cigarettes or cigars

People chomping on chewing gum

by Anonymousreply 901/06/2013

Men spitting

men wearing pants really low so almost all of their underwear briefs show

people who eat garlic and their breath and body reek of garlic

by Anonymousreply 1001/06/2013

[quote]People wearing shoes in my home or anyone's home. Shoes are filthy.

I have to agree with this. I always take my shoes off right at the door mat before I walk inside the house because the thought of all those germs getting on my floors grosses me out. Think about all the places our shoes go when we're outside: Filthy sidewalks, public restroom floors, etc.

by Anonymousreply 1201/06/2013

Noisy, bossy "Sean Cody" bottoms. STFU already.

by Anonymousreply 1301/06/2013

Kelly Clarkson.

People that go outside in their pajamas, even if it's just to fetch a newspaper.

Old ladies and men who do not shower and think they can cover the stench of their unbathed bodies with perfume.

Flip flops when not at the beach.

Michael Jackson

Barney Frank's physical appearance (great guy, though)

Braggarts

People that go right next to my cardio machine when there are 80 available (usually old, out of shape men)

by Anonymousreply 1401/06/2013

I'm curious, R11 - what meds did you just go off of?

by Anonymousreply 1501/06/2013

Slaughtered civilians.

Hunger.

Atrocities.

Terror.

by Anonymousreply 1601/06/2013

Guys who get stars tattooed on them. It looks so stupid. What's the point of having a bunch of stars tattooed on your body? I mean how unimaginative can you get? What's next, circles? Triangles? To me it just says, "I am stupid."

by Anonymousreply 1701/06/2013

People who complain that they can't afford shoes.

by Anonymousreply 1801/06/2013

fresh spit on the sidewalks

moist shopping cart handles

clerks who use saliva to moisten fingers for counting bills (*%#!)

coughing into hands then offering handshake

i hate that kind of spit. period.

by Anonymousreply 1901/06/2013

Wow, some of you (OP, R11) are quite the hothouse flowers.

by Anonymousreply 2001/06/2013

People clipping fingernails and toenails in public, oblivious to your angry stare when yellowed crust lands on you.

People eating on the subway. It's like eating on the toilet.

Kardashians, Jersey Shore people and other reality folk.

The tea party.

Ann Coulter.

People who don't scoop their pets' poop.

by Anonymousreply 2101/06/2013

So much mental illness on this thread, even for Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 2201/06/2013

Short people got no reason ...short people got no reason to live!

by Anonymousreply 2301/06/2013

Tiny little shit-machine dogs.

On second thought, they can be useful ...just tie 'em to the end of a long pole & use 'em to dust windows.

by Anonymousreply 2401/06/2013

R11 wins the prize.

Unfortunately the prize is a pair of flip flops, presented by a black man who is wearing them.

by Anonymousreply 2501/06/2013

Asking people to take off their shoes before entering your home is crass.

And such worry about germs is one reason people get sick.

Clean is good, but OBSESSIVE cleanliness weakens the immune system.

by Anonymousreply 2601/06/2013

Some good ones here. I hate spit too. Here are some more:

littering

poor hygiene

bad breath

dandruff

public restrooms that aren't sparkling clean

trashy tattoos

smoking

drugs

by Anonymousreply 2701/06/2013

ITA @ R26. I'd rather take my chances with whatever 'might' be on the bottom of your shoes than have you stinking up my house with your smelly shoeless feet.

Why does this one always come up? You would think people were walking around with an inch of slime on the bottom of their shoes the way the "no shoes indoors" team goes on about it. Hello!! Do you not have a mat outside and another one inside your door for people to wipe their feet?

by Anonymousreply 2801/06/2013

It's common in many parts of the world, R28, including Scandinavia and Central Europe.

by Anonymousreply 2901/06/2013

R29... no it's not. Dear, I'm writing from Europe.

by Anonymousreply 3001/06/2013

Due to climate maybe, r29? If you have to for winter boots you might as well do it all the time.

by Anonymousreply 3101/06/2013

So am I, R30 - I'm a Dutch guy living in Ireland. Where have you traveled and to whose houses have you been invited that you can speak with such certainty? I, along with other guests, have been asked to remove my shoes everywhere from Gothenburg to Sofia. It's not a bad custom at all, you know, nor is it uncommon.

by Anonymousreply 3301/06/2013

trampstamps on fat eldergays

by Anonymousreply 3501/06/2013

It's courtesy when you're invited to people's houses, R32.

by Anonymousreply 3601/06/2013

People, usually young men in groups, who shout insults at people from their cars.

Stepping on a snail or slug when barefoot. Slugs are worse as they don't even give that warning crack.

The keyboards on the public access computers at library, and the ones at work. Shook one the other day and so much crap came out, including fingernail clippings.

My neighbour. Plays Mr Community Good Guy and is everyone's mate, then bashes and torments his wife.

People who are cruel to animals.

Little kids who lick the handles of shopping trolleys when sitting in that section up front, but they are better than the parents who sometimes let kids ride in the section where other people's groceries have to sit.

Earwigs.

Peas, especially when you bite into something you did not anticipate would contain peas. Sneaky fuckers.

Seeing a baby spit out a dummy (pacifier) and the parents who will pick it up and suck in it to clean it. Saw a woman do this yesterday on the train. Filthy. Buy two fricking dummies.

by Anonymousreply 3701/06/2013

Foot fetisheists who invent reasons for me to "have" to remove my shoes in their homes.

by Anonymousreply 3801/06/2013

Why don't Americans take off their shoes when entering their houses?

I'm Taiwanese and love in America. Being raised by An Asian family, it's always been expected (or rather, the norm) to take off your shoes when going in he house. But, when I went to visit my caucasian friend at her house, I noticed that she kept her shoes on. When I took mine off, she told me that I didn't have to do so. Why don't Americans take off their shoes? Don't you think it's dirty when you wear your outdoor shoes inside?

by Anonymousreply 3901/06/2013

The practice of taking shoes off can be found throughout Asia. It is also common in Scandinavia and in Hawaii and Alaska. In Japan, many homes have a getabako, or shoe cupboard where shoes are stored. Taking shoes off is a symbolic gesture that leaves the outer world behind. Shoes are traded for comfortable slippers and home becomes a separate sanctuary.

by Anonymousreply 4001/06/2013

I have lived in Europe for 30 years. I have never been asked to take my shoes off before entering a home.

by Anonymousreply 4101/06/2013

Where in Europe, R41?

by Anonymousreply 4201/06/2013

Italy. Germany.

by Anonymousreply 4301/06/2013

I know many people that prefer that you remove your shoes in their homes. In the USA and Europe.

In fact, on this topic, when I lived in Munich, Germany, my gym (Leo's) insisted that you never wore the same shoes from the street onto the gym floor. It was a big deal.

by Anonymousreply 4401/06/2013

I don't give a rat's ass what they do in other countries, you don't bring your dog shit, sluggish, and who knows what else, infested shoe soles in my damned home. Don't like it? Hit the bricks.

by Anonymousreply 4501/06/2013

R44

Uh...lol... well of course in a gym.

But in peoples homes, no. Perhaps with a certain class of people.

But a gathering of stylish, well dressed people required to take their shoes of for a dinner party?

Crass.

by Anonymousreply 4601/06/2013

In the US (northeast) it is considered rude to ask an adult to take off their shoes indoors. Only children are required to in most 'nicer' homes.

If you're having a party, consider the fact that your guests have put some thought into their entire outfit including which shoes to wear. They won't want to walk around barefoot, in socks or (dear God!) a pair of slippers you have provided.

Sorry, but when we Americans think about going shoeless indoors, it reminds us of those stinky ball pits at Chuck-e-Cheese. It's for kids, not adults.

by Anonymousreply 4701/06/2013

rimming,

sex when camping

cold meats

people who can't leave a loo the same way they found it - CLEAN!!!

smoking

by Anonymousreply 4801/06/2013

Thank you R47 for explaining it better than I did.

by Anonymousreply 4901/06/2013

What kind of streets are you living on that are piled high with feces and other disgusting matter that will be brought into homes?

by Anonymousreply 5001/06/2013

The only thing crass, r46 is your bullheaded lack of socialization that refuses to understand that in many people's homes throughout the world, taking shoes off before trodding into the living areas is customary.

by Anonymousreply 5101/06/2013

A thread for Sei Shōnagon (清少納言, lesser councilor of state Sei)

by Anonymousreply 5201/06/2013

Right R51 ... that's exactly what nicely dressed people want to do... sit around socks.

Men in suits or nice jackets...with socks.

Women in designer dresses having to take of their Manolo Blahniks to eat dinner in their stockings.

You are a joke.

by Anonymousreply 5301/06/2013

Yeah, right, r53, whenever we host an event we make it mandatory to remove shoes. Not.

We are talking about day to day living.

by Anonymousreply 5401/06/2013

My friend has white carpeting and likes people to take off their shoes in messy weather. I oblige. But I also am not the type of person who wants to sit around with a bunch of people in smelly socks. I would never ask someone to remove their shoes. Better to keep your mouth shut and break out the vacuum later if you're hosting a party and worried about dirt. Some people don't mind. Others do.

by Anonymousreply 5501/06/2013

I live in mostly in the Northeastern USA and most people ask or simply remove their shoes, especially in the winter. Some of you clods arguing about taking off shoes are disgusting and disrespectful.

by Anonymousreply 5601/06/2013

Exactly R56. And if it's winter and the dinner party is a bit more formal, people carry their indoor shoes in a bag and put them n at the door. They don't use the same footwear they were wearing while trudging through snow, sand, salt, gravel

by Anonymousreply 5801/06/2013

I'm not mad at all of you, I'm mad at the dirt!

by Anonymousreply 5901/06/2013

I knew the days Christina wore her shoes in the house, and let me tell you, the little cunt paid her dues for doing so.....

by Anonymousreply 6001/06/2013

I live in central Canada and I've noticed that people here seem to ask if they should take their shoes off before entering a house, particularly workmen.

Getting back to disgust:

dogshit anywhere, particularly in winter

slush (see above)

fresh spit on sidewalk (agreed with previous posters)

people who break wind around me/in public--sick sick sick

people who don't clean their nostrils of boogers

backstabbing ladder climbers (especially work colleagues)

religious hypocrites (e.g. gays bad but my unwed son just knocked up his gf with no plans to put a ring on it)

roasted red peppers--yuk--scarlet slime

by Anonymousreply 6101/06/2013

Hard of hearing/drunk people who insist I speak louder or that I repeat myself

People who ask me to teach them a skill, but continuously delay working together; They invariably express some wish, but never want to put in the monotonous work.

Censors; sometimes 'Fuck', 'Shit', and 'Asshole' truly are the most appropriate words. It's not all verbally aggressive behavior.

by Anonymousreply 6201/06/2013

Take off my shoes before entering your house, OP? No thanks. I prefer to visit my civilized friends who don't require me to undress before entering.

Removing shoes at the door may be a custom in parts of Asia, but it's not an American or European tradition.

by Anonymousreply 6301/06/2013

I bet OP dresses like a geisha when at home

by Anonymousreply 6401/06/2013

[quote] Censors; sometimes 'Fuck', 'Shit', and 'Asshole' truly are the most appropriate words. It's not all verbally aggressive behavior.

Related to above--humorless, finger wagging, self righteous fundies. Can not stand them. I sat next to a Baptist acquaintance at a fund raising event (luncheon) once who asked me if I "really needed it" when I expressed surprise that there was no wine being served. My response--"in this company? Absolutely!!"

Soccer moms and dads

Entitled parents

Deluded parents who think you want to hear about their special snowflake's every burp and fart.

by Anonymousreply 6501/06/2013

Men with hideous feet who wear sandals or flip-flops. Untrimmed nails, fungal toes, jacked up toes, etc. Just disgusting. Wear the kind of sandals that mostly cover your feet or just wear sneakers.

by Anonymousreply 6601/06/2013

The idea of someone taking their shoes of to enter my home is gross. I don't want to see their feet and I don't care if I have to clean up a little after they leave.

by Anonymousreply 6701/06/2013

Mitch McConnell

by Anonymousreply 6801/06/2013

[quote]The moisture on the outside of milk containers.

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 7001/06/2013

Some people in this thread sound like the biggest most delicate Marys.

Anyway, people who refuse to listen to reason or facts about something and instead just stew in their own ignorance. It's so sad and frustrating.

by Anonymousreply 7101/06/2013

I don't think manly men use the exclamation "Ugh!," r72.

by Anonymousreply 7301/06/2013

Erm R35, that would eventually be anybody with a tramp stamp.

by Anonymousreply 7401/06/2013

fat girls who wear skin tight jeans and Uggs

by Anonymousreply 7501/06/2013

crocs. crocs with socks. almost as bad as black people in flip flops.

by Anonymousreply 7601/06/2013

Wind

Sunlight

Mist

Shadows

Air

by Anonymousreply 7701/06/2013

[quote]undress before entering.

MARY!!

by Anonymousreply 7801/06/2013

Having to take a shit in a public toilet at a gas station. Those bathrooms are usually not very clean, but sometimes you simply have no choice.

by Anonymousreply 7901/06/2013

Men's feet in sandals.

People that let dogs lick their mouth.

Seeing a fat person eating excessively.

Infected or rejecting piercings.

Racism on display.

Portrait tattoos.

Heterosexual stories.

by Anonymousreply 8001/06/2013

[quote] People that let dogs lick their mouth.

Old ladies who slip off their shoes and let their dogs lick their dirty bare feet for what seems like hours on end. and all the giggles that go with it.

by Anonymousreply 8101/06/2013

Unashamed bigots Anti-intellectuals Smegma

by Anonymousreply 8201/06/2013

Nose-blowing at the table. I have a friend who does this all the time. He blows, opens it and examines it for a second, and then will crumple it and put it on his plate or next to whatever he's eating. Disgusting.

Nail clipping, especially for that incredibly loud clicking noise it makes. Totally gross to hear.

Women who cannot mask their period smell.

by Anonymousreply 8401/06/2013

I don't know how people can eat on the subway, I just think that is so gross.

by Anonymousreply 8501/06/2013

It's an anonymous message board, the internet as a whole just shows you how crazy a lot of people are when they can just let their freak flag fly. You can't let the crazies bother you r83, or if they do maybe this isn't the board for you. I just ignore it and move on.

by Anonymousreply 8601/06/2013

Yeah, the nail clipping in public is disgusting. I see people do it on public transportation and could not think less of them.

by Anonymousreply 8701/06/2013

Yeah well quit showing off to the rest of us and fuck off already then, R83.

by Anonymousreply 8801/06/2013

Foreskin and (especially) smegma.

by Anonymousreply 8901/06/2013

I was driving my father home one night and he whipped out a pair of clippers, fingernails flying everywhere. I was so grossed out.

The old ladies with the dogs who lick their feet is the best one so far. Yuck. I think I saw that scene in a movie once.

I think the most disgusting thing I've seen in public is the one finger nasal evacuation routine, where you step into the gutter, block one nostril with a finger, and blow a stream of snot out the other one.

by Anonymousreply 9001/06/2013

Granted, being a homosexual I don't have vast experience with the subject, but I don't understand the "period smell" to which R84 alludes.

R83 is on the right track, though comes off as a bit too PC for me.

by Anonymousreply 9101/06/2013

[quote] The old ladies with the dogs who lick their feet is the best one so far. Yuck. I think I saw that scene in a movie once.

Was it Serial Mom?

The first few times I saw it was during a visit to my grandmother in a Florida retirement community. Two women there did it.

by Anonymousreply 9201/06/2013

R90, you have led a charmed or sheltered life.

by Anonymousreply 9301/06/2013

Thanks for reminding me, r83: people who make grand sanctimonious statements and have no intention of following them through.

by Anonymousreply 9401/06/2013

People who make weird sounds when they breathe. Like, when they inhale and make a slurping sound, I just want to gag.

I also hate people with short teeth.

People that take dumps in public.

People that are LOUD on their cellphones.

People that talk during the movies.

People that get worked up about being asked to remove their previous pay-less shoes when entering someone's house.

by Anonymousreply 9501/06/2013

"Raising Awareness" campaigns

They don't address issues or allocate resources to fix problems; they just bring them to your attention and pump you for money for more of the awareness and the raising.

I first noticed this with the Haiti earthquake because I lead a sheltered life in the sticks.

by Anonymousreply 9601/06/2013

[quote]People that take dumps in public.

You mean right in front of you on the street?

yes, that would disgust me too.

by Anonymousreply 9701/06/2013

White trash people Anyone from Baltimore - trash Reality TV Tattoos Drinking or Gay Bars - cant gay men find something else to do? People who smell like milk Facebook Women and girls who speak in vocal fry People who don't travel Fat girls who wear too many rings squeezing their fat hands Walmart People named Wayne, Brandon, Kayleigh. Skyleigh, Brleigh, etc why are white trash low class people obsessed with putting Lee in every name Amusement parks - trash

by Anonymousreply 9801/06/2013

r98, it sounds like you'd have a much easier time listing things that DON'T disgust you.

by Anonymousreply 9901/06/2013

[quote]Granted, being a homosexual I don't have vast experience with the subject, but I don't understand the "period smell" to which [R84] alludes.

Count your self lucky, r91.

by Anonymousreply 10101/06/2013

Ha ha R92, yes, Serial Mom.

Pls FF to 0.36 I'm LMFAO!

by Anonymousreply 10201/06/2013

[quote]Take off my shoes before entering your house, OP?

Wasn't there a famous thread about this, filled with wit and humor?

by Anonymousreply 10301/06/2013

Mushrooms

Republicans

Libertarians

Olives

Walnuts (especially Black Walnuts)

Licorice

The TeaParty & everyone in it

Bigots

by Anonymousreply 10401/06/2013

Speaking of visible nose hair... I once had a manager (thankfully now long god) who had such long nose hair sticking out of his nose that it was touching his upper lip... like PAST THE LIP.

How could he not notice this?

I always wanted to leave a nose-hair trimmer on his desk anonymously, but never had the guts to do it. And thankfully he was fired.

by Anonymousreply 10501/06/2013

I admit that nothing looks better to me than even an ordinary person with perfect hygiene, hair, nails, tailoring, a lot more than a hunk with hair sticking out of his nose and ears.

Maintenance takes a lot of work and when you're my age you have to do at least the essentials, manicure, haircut, fresh clothes or you end up looking like a frump.

by Anonymousreply 10601/06/2013

[quote](thankfully now long god)

Now THERE was a weird auto-correct I missed... it should say "LONG GONE" obviously...

by Anonymousreply 10701/06/2013

Thanks R102. It was worse in real life, made many people uncomfortable. I was shocked to see it in any movie

by Anonymousreply 10801/06/2013

People who take dumps at parties. I've been to countless parties over the years and have been shocked at the number of times someone took a dump at the party and fouled up the bathroom.

I remember one particularly bad incident. At this particular party, the hosts kept the party downstairs where there was one half-bath off the kitchen for guests to use. I was standing in line while my friend used the bathroom and was behind a woman who seemed fidgety. This woman almost knocked my friend down when he came out of the bathroom, so it was clear she was desperate. I had to go after her and she must have been in there about 20 minutes. At that point, I and another woman were waiting to go. We started to remark on how long it was taking the woman in the bathroom. Well it turns out that it took her that long to deposit her nuclear waste. When she was done, she came out and averted her eyes. Then it was my turn.

The smell was so bad I thought I was going to die. It made me gag and almost sick to my stomach. Just nasty and vile. I couldn't stay in there and came out of the bathroom immediately. Lucky for me, the person next in line was, as I wrote above, the woman who chatted with me while we waited forever for nuclear waste dump, so she knew I couldn't have done it. She walked in to see if she could stand it but came right back out. She was appalled. We discreetly brought one of the hosts over. He couldn't believe how nasty the smell was. He put on sign on the door that the bathroom was out of order and to use the upstairs bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 10901/06/2013

When dining at Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle or Balmoral, Blenheim Palace, Palacio de las Dueñas, no one is asked to remove his or her shoes.

Anyone who has white wall-to-wall carpet and requires visitors to remove his or shoes is not likely to be invited to any of the above.

by Anonymousreply 11001/06/2013

r109, I can't believe that you would classify that experience as something that disgusts you, and then you describe it in lengthy detail, clearly so that you can re-live it and so we can all share the exact experience with you.

by Anonymousreply 11101/06/2013

[quote]"I admit that nothing looks better to me than even an ordinary person with perfect hygiene, hair, nails, tailoring"

Department store ribbon clerks are our new ideal.

by Anonymousreply 11301/06/2013

I've posted this somewhere before but it fits this thread...

I had a party at my house and came around the corner to find a pretty girl in a party dress on her knees and pushing her vomit into my floor heater grate. This is where I almost got sick myself. And it was also the evening I decided to serve only wine and beer at my get-togethers.

by Anonymousreply 11401/06/2013

The rich, in the large things. The poor, in the small things.

The middle class, in everything.

Callous adult children, siblings.

by Anonymousreply 11501/06/2013

People gnawing meat off a bone

Unwashed people

Farting

Honey Boo Boo

R83

by Anonymousreply 11701/06/2013

excessively tanned, bleach blonde, excessively applied makeup, huge flashy bright fingernails, rings on every finger including both thumbs, SUV driving, entitled fraus.

by Anonymousreply 11801/06/2013

People who pick their noses in public, especially at work or when they are in their car at a stop light or in traffic.

Bad breath. And teeth.

Multi-colored hair weaves.

Flat buttocks.

Crusty heels and yellow toenails. From what I've heard, Truman Capote and I would NOT have been friends.

by Anonymousreply 12001/06/2013

Mitt Romney still disgusts me.

by Anonymousreply 12201/06/2013

People who don't wipe well enough and the shit stain is visible on their clothes (pants/trousers). This is something I find utterly disgusting and there is absolutely no excuse for it. I have sometimes wondered if this is a strange deficiency found more frequently in the South, especially among white trash types who mindlessly vote republican and listen to Rush Limbaugh(who probably himself doesn't wipe well, hence his idiotic claptrap--dirty hole at one end produces the diarrhea of the mouth at the other end) and others like him. A question: does anyone think that straight men in general don't wipe as well?

Although I am as gay as they come, so to speak, I find swallowing cum or rubbing it on one's face or other body parts to be quite disgusting and if I am watching porn that shows it I invariably look away. I don't know why, but I put cum on a level with snot--I guess that's why they call it cocksnot.

One more: runny bird shit on the sidewalk or even a big slimey loogie that looks runny--if I look at it too long I almost get the dry heaves.

by Anonymousreply 12301/06/2013

People who get all upset when I won't take my shoes off in their house.

by Anonymousreply 12401/06/2013

[quote] I find swallowing cum or rubbing it on one's face or other body parts to be quite disgusting

You are clutching the biggest set of pearls EVER, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 12501/06/2013

Messageboard trolls

by Anonymousreply 12601/06/2013

Cigarettes

Cigars

by Anonymousreply 12701/06/2013

[quote]every time I come here I wonder why I allow myself to pollute my mind

Sounds like Barbara Bush dropped in at R83

by Anonymousreply 12801/06/2013

I know r125, but it's just one of those things....

by Anonymousreply 12901/06/2013

John Hamm and that disgusting thing he has hanging there between his legs like an obscene pickle. And any organs in general. Spare me your anatomy.

by Anonymousreply 13001/06/2013

[quote] Jon Hamm and that disgusting thing he has hanging there between his legs like an obscene pickle

I'll take that away from you, Mrs. Dasher. I'll take care of it...over, and over, and over.

by Anonymousreply 13101/06/2013

Oh no! Jon's hamm was the highlight of my year!

by Anonymousreply 13201/06/2013

Feet on the seats makes me CRAZY! It's so rude.

by Anonymousreply 13301/06/2013

[quote] People who don't wipe well enough and the shit stain is visible on their clothes (pants/trousers). This is something I find utterly disgusting and there is absolutely no excuse for it

In my entire life I have yet to see this. Are you hanging out with Tom Wolfe impersonators dressed all in white in the South?

by Anonymousreply 13401/06/2013

Thieves = American Plutocrats

by Anonymousreply 13501/06/2013

r96, I started noticing it with the huge "breast cancer awareness" push starting about ten years ago, especially the "Komen for The Cure" shit. I am pretty sure this entire country is now as "aware" as they can be of breast cancer. Now, how about we take all the money people spend to throw these fancy events, "walks", special "pink" products (napkins, wristbands, food packaging etc), dye locks of their hair pink, and all of this other cutesy shit, and funnel it all to cancer research and development.

by Anonymousreply 13601/06/2013

Super long armpit and pubic hair. It should not be long enough to braid. All it does is hold odors. Please trim that shit.

Please who rub in lip balms with their fingers without washing their hands. And then they wonder why they are sick all the time. You are inserting every awful germ from your car keys, door handles and cell phone right in your mouth. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 13701/06/2013

I worked with a man who was a big ball of disgusting.

He used to thrust his hands under the belted waistband of his pants, cradling his fat stomach. Then he would handle documents that we all had to touch.

He had a handkerchief he loudly trumpeted into, at a table in the lunchroom. Then he would open it and examine it thoroughly. Other times he would stand over the table, pull it out, then pull it apart sending dried snot all over.

Nose and ear hair full of little clots of matter.

Fat breathing.

Huge wet armpit stains. He would come to the half walled work are of someone, stand in the doorway and prop his arms up on either side.

Interminable hypochondriac conversation about his yeast infections,his sores on his tongue, his hemorrhoids, his bathroom troubles, etc.

by Anonymousreply 13801/06/2013

The OP is too much- so when I have a cocktail party in my home everyone is to take off their shoes- better yet a dressy dinner party where everyone sits at the table in stocking feet and formal attire, lovely.-

Floors and shoes are fine- ever heard of vacuums and cleaning? Most people do not live in locations where mud rooms are part of a home you know.

Condensation on milk cartons? Nuts.

by Anonymousreply 13901/06/2013

Bad cold breath

by Anonymousreply 14001/06/2013

R136 I am so with you, and over the whole "community" for breast cancer.

There's a great book called Bright Sided that addresses this. The author, who's written a few other good books, learned she had breast cancer. She went onto web sites and to group meetings expecting that she'd get support and advice...instead it was a group who felt "blessed" by cancer and expected her to be endlessly sunny about her diagnosis.

Crazy fraus!

by Anonymousreply 14201/06/2013

[quote]...was at the drug store last week and an asian lady was standing so close to me that I could feel her breathing on my neck...

You sound short.

by Anonymousreply 14301/06/2013

[quote] I don't know why I am drawn here when it is a place that truly reminds me constantly of all I despise in the world.

Oh, poor R83, you reveal yourself. You come here because the dark part of your soul loves this vile place just like the rest of us. At least we can admit it.

[quote]One of my goals for 2013 is to remove toxic people, places, ideas, or images from my environment, and I think the less time I spend here the better. I may have to altogether block it from my computer.

Well, as they say, ignorance is bliss. I suppose it can't be too hard to will yourself to live in a protective bubble of rainbows and puppies if you really set your mind to it--at least for a little while. But, don't kid yourself that it will last. The devil will always be on your shoulder tempting you.

by Anonymousreply 14401/06/2013

Gun freaks.

by Anonymousreply 14501/06/2013

[quote] One of my goals for 2013 is to remove toxic people, places, ideas, or images from my environment, and I think the less time I spend here the better. I may have to altogether block it from my computer.

It's called RESTRAINT, bitch. You haven't learned it in the bedroom and your caftan tells us you don't have it in the kitchen. But by all means, SASHAY AWAY if you must.

by Anonymousreply 14601/06/2013

R141,

I couldn't agree more!

What you mentioned is just the proverbial tip of the iceberg...

One of the very few partners I've done the rimming thing for wasn't satisfied with good external technique, he wanted my big tongue way up in there. He could keep dreamin'.

I'm not misogynistic. An anus and rectum are totally different than a vagina, and the dangers of going down on for the former do not apply to the latter. I try to not be judgmental, but there are some sick fuckers out there...

ALA

by Anonymousreply 14701/06/2013

PS R83 you're not even original, hon. Your little tirade is known on the Internets as a "flounce".

Meaning, to leave but in a dramatic way, as if you were throwing the flaps of your caftan over your shoulder and saying, "Well I NEVER!"

by Anonymousreply 14801/06/2013

Seeing kids with snot crusted around their noses or running snot hanging from their noses or the revolting snot bubble. So gross.

by Anonymousreply 14901/06/2013

LONG hairs growing out of moles (offenders are often Chinese)

by Anonymousreply 15001/06/2013

This thread is full of one the things that disgusts me most: people who say/type "people that" instead of "people who".

by Anonymousreply 15101/06/2013

[quote]This thread is full of one the things that disgusts me most: people who say/type "people that" instead of "people who".

Both are, in fact, correct.

See the link below and many, many reference works.

by Anonymousreply 15201/06/2013

People who sniff, sniff, sniff constantly... rather than just blowing their fucking nose. I sit next to a guy like this. The company provides free Kleenex to any employee that wants or needs it, so there's no excuse. Stop that fucking sniffing!!!

by Anonymousreply 15301/06/2013

Toilettes in the bathroom especially bad right next to the bathtub, ugh how can I enjoy my bath if that thing is there to remind me of all the shit that's being going on in there.

by Anonymousreply 15401/06/2013

R83, sadly, the comments have the opposite effect on me and make me love the DL even more. This thread is hysterical and some of you have me in tears laughing. Now, on with the disgust.

by Anonymousreply 15501/06/2013

R154. Excuse us, Lady Astor.

by Anonymousreply 15601/06/2013

BISEXUAL MEN

by Anonymousreply 15701/06/2013

Your nightstand disgusts me.

Clean the exterior with bleach and wash your toys in the dishwasher by themselves.

by Anonymousreply 15801/06/2013

Size queens and men with small dicks.

by Anonymousreply 15901/06/2013

R83, you forgot transphobic and cissexist you FUCKING BIGOT!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 16001/06/2013

[quote]People wearing shoes in my home or anyone's home. Shoes are filthy.

Thank you OP. I started a thread on this very subject last month. It was polarizing to say the least.

by Anonymousreply 16101/06/2013

People who talk with their mouth full, people who ask "are you gunna eat that?"

by Anonymousreply 16201/06/2013

That downton abbey episodes thread reminded me. People who post threads just asking a simple question that any five year old could google but want someone else to give them an answer. It isn't meant to start a discussion or anything, just showing their complete laziness using the internet.

by Anonymousreply 16301/06/2013

[quote]Why don't Americans take off their shoes when entering their houses?

Why should we necessarily do what people in your nation do? Taiwanese peopel also get into fistfights on the floor of their national legislature. Should we do that just because your people do?

by Anonymousreply 16401/06/2013

Speaking of "complete laziness," r163: People who are too lazy to use their "Shift" key properly.

by Anonymousreply 16501/06/2013

when people do not shower before going to bed. Why would you want to sleep in the filth you carried around all day?

Also when people don't shower after using insect repellent.

by Anonymousreply 16601/06/2013

R163 So very true. I know they are trying to engage in a conversation but they should develop a better gambit.

by Anonymousreply 16701/06/2013

The loud, slurpy sound dogs make as they lick their own genitals.

by Anonymousreply 16801/06/2013

I hate it when we are approached by a member of the lower classes who simply walks by instead of stepping aside to let us pass. We can think of nothing less considerate.

by Anonymousreply 16901/06/2013

People who take dumps. I don't.

by Anonymousreply 17001/06/2013

[quote]Taiwanese peopel also get into fistfights on the floor of their national legislature. Should we do that just because your people do?

I for one would LOVE to see a Pelosi-Boehner smackdown on the floor of the House. She'd make him CRY!

by Anonymousreply 17201/06/2013

R 109: Let's get this straight. Somebody else took a rancid dump at someone's house party, and you felt the need to RUSH up to the host, grab him by the arm, and bring him into the bathroom where that shit symphony took place.

Did you interrupt his conversation? Like, "IT'S AN EMERGENCY AND I NEED YOU TO COME RIGHT AWAY." Or was 911 too busy to swing by after you called? And just remember toots, I live by the golden rule of "whoever denied it supplied it," and I'm sure if we found that other woman who was on line in front of you, she'd finger you as the poop lady.

by Anonymousreply 17301/06/2013

[quote] she'd finger you as the poop lady.

EWWWW!

by Anonymousreply 17401/06/2013

People picking their teeth in restaurants, or coming out of them. Usually fat, gross businessmen with comb-overs and huge ol' beer guts. Oh, and if they don't have toothpicks, they try to suck the crap out of their teeth. Even grosser.

by Anonymousreply 17501/06/2013

Putting a restroom "out of order" because of an odor? No vent, no candles, no Lysol, nothing else could be done about it in the short tern?

There shoould have been more than one restroom available anyway.

by Anonymousreply 17601/06/2013

Men with a lot of toe hair who have the nerve to wear flip flops, really nasty.

by Anonymousreply 17701/06/2013

Sleeveless shirts, a lot of guys around my age (early 20s) wear them and although it doesn't disgust me when I can't smell them, sometimes I can..which is not okay.

by Anonymousreply 17801/06/2013

My roommate leaves dirty silverware on the table with food stuck on it after he's done eating. Doesn't even put it in the sink. I've asked him not to do it several times, but he just keeps doing it.

by Anonymousreply 17901/06/2013

R173, go back and reread my post. I wrote that we discreetly brought one of the hosts over. Do you understand what that means? Apparently not given your post. Also, there were two of us who pointed it out to the host and neither of us knew each other before the party, so the host knew it couldn't have been either one of us to have done it. Why would two strangers cover for each other?

R176, you have no idea how bad the smell was. Also, this was an old house and the half-bath was an addition. It did have poor ventilation. The host did light a candle, but again, I can't even describe how bad it smelled. The candle barely put a dent in the rank odor. We all speculated that she must have had some kind of medical problem because it was so nasty.

Lastly, I totally agree with you that there should have been more than one bathroom available, but the dumper would have fouled one of them and the party eventually would have been reduced to one place to pee. Or poop.

by Anonymousreply 18001/06/2013

R177 I love toe hair, hairy feet are great. Wear those flip flops.

I was in a suit today and went to see a friend who was sitting Shiva for her husband. I was not offended when asked to remove my shoes. No big deal, even in a suit.

Very sad, they were married 60 years.

by Anonymousreply 18101/06/2013

R144, I'm not R83 but what he/she posted is pretty much my exact sentiments as of late.

I used to enjoy coming here, very much, in fact. I suppose I return because I keep hoping it'll get better but after reading thread after thread spewing hatred and cruelty, it kinda gets hard to "look past."

Call me "Mary" or tell me I need to toughen up all you want but I hope I never get to the point where I'm so uncaring and self centered that I am unbothered by the rude and hurtful words that are posted here on a daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 18201/06/2013

R182 I hear you. It is rough occasionally.

There are always a few really socially damaged assholes. And in the last several years there's been a few weird wars: the frau vs gays, young vs eldergay, etc.

But I'm still more amused and engaged by the content, so far. I think if it was overwhelmingly negative I would just stop coming here. I know I have a choice where to spend my time, and I still have fun here...for now.

by Anonymousreply 18301/06/2013

I love R83 and R183.

by Anonymousreply 18401/06/2013

Anyone awful enough to ask me to take my shoes off.

How uncivilized!

by Anonymousreply 18501/06/2013

[quote]Why should we necessarily do what people in your nation do? Taiwanese peopel also get into fistfights on the floor of their national legislature. Should we do that just because your people do?

God, I wish they would. The idea of some House member hauling off and decking Michelle Bachman gives me all sorts of good feelings.

by Anonymousreply 18601/06/2013

I love r186.

by Anonymousreply 18701/06/2013

R189 Candles don't cover the scent they burn off the odor. That is why people light matches after a stinky dump.

by Anonymousreply 18901/06/2013

Listening to people eat the following things:

cereal- the mixture of slurping and crunching makes me cring

soup- slurping

really hot food- when they try to blow it while it's already in their mouth

noodles- slurping

gum- smacking

by Anonymousreply 19001/06/2013

r190, you reminded me of something similar: People who drink something and immediately say "aaaahhhhhh" afterward. I hate that.

I also hate watching people eat in commercials, especially that ridiculous slow-motion eyes-up facial expression they make after tasting something -- as if they just snorted a line of coke that also contained all the goodness and purity that life allows.

by Anonymousreply 19101/06/2013

[quote]Anyone awful enough to ask me to take my shoes off.

Nobody wants the dirt and grime on the bottom of your shoes to be tracked across their carpet.

by Anonymousreply 19201/06/2013

Two things disgust me:

Size queens.....and men with small cocks!

by Anonymousreply 19301/06/2013

R193 And people who don't read the entire thread (see R159) before posting.

by Anonymousreply 19401/06/2013

Racism

Sexism

Misogyny

Homophobia

Heterosexism

Xenophobia

by Anonymousreply 19501/06/2013

People who lick their fingers while eating.

Simply DISGUSTING!

by Anonymousreply 19601/06/2013

[quote] One more: runny bird shit on the sidewalk or even a big slimey loogie that looks runny--if I look at it too long I almost get the dry heaves

imagine someone stepping on a loogie and/or bird shit with their shoes and then coming over to your house and walking all over your carpet

by Anonymousreply 19701/06/2013

Exactly, r197!

by Anonymousreply 19801/06/2013

Thanks R194.

Now unclench.

by Anonymousreply 19901/06/2013

Americans are terrified of natural smells. The foot of an average middle class American has been scrubbed with anti-bacterial soap, sprayed with anti-fungal foot deodorant, covered in anti-microbrial and moisture 'wicking' socks and are in shoes lined with charcoal pads. Despite this, asking them to remove shoes is an uncomfortable proposition because they STILL will believe they will be judged for having bad feet.

For the record though, I agree shoes are filthy and I live in NYC and the sidewalks are coated in all sorts of foulness. I would never ever wear my shoes past my doorway.

by Anonymousreply 20001/06/2013

r200 = Indian

by Anonymousreply 20101/06/2013

the last few swallows or dribbles at the bottom of a milk container.

by Anonymousreply 20201/06/2013

I hate stupid people. I'm looking at YOU R203.

by Anonymousreply 20401/06/2013

It's disgusting to see children with dirty faces or boogers dried up in their noses. It literally makes me sick to my stomach. The dirt on their faces have to be a result of all day of god knows what. the boogers...lazy mom.

For some reason, the smacking sounds people make when they kiss kinda makes me squirm. Especially if it's pronounced. It just sounds so apeish.

by Anonymousreply 20501/06/2013

I have to add one for my sister: hot dog water.

The water that you boil hot dogs in grosses her out.

by Anonymousreply 20601/07/2013

r206-- this may be something new for me, but why would you boil hotdogs? It's always been pan with a little oil for me.

Things that disgust me: people who brush their hair in public, especially in a tight space, cut their nails in public and.. heck any grooming done in public. My skin crawls thinking how many of that person's dead cells are landing on my face, in my breathing space etc etc.

I don't really mind if people ask me to remove my shoes upon entering their place. Their house, their rules. However, I find it gross when people remove their shoes/sandals and relax their feet in the open in public areas while waiting/eating/etc (eg dr's ofc, fastfood, train).

by Anonymousreply 20701/07/2013

You should be happy R207 that you don't know about boiled hotdogs. It is an easy way to cook them but it also results in them lacking flavor and being soggy.

My mom was definitely a boiled hotdogs, vegetables from a can and hamburger helper type of mother.

by Anonymousreply 20801/07/2013

My mom did it. She thought they were too salty so she boiled them for a few and then fried them. She was an Italian immigrant, so we had them on rolls with Italian frying peppers, also fried.

I miss good hot dogs.

by Anonymousreply 20901/07/2013

People who spit on public streets. Sorry to say this but older Chinese men are the biggest culprits. No respect for public property and fellow pedestrians.

by Anonymousreply 21001/07/2013

Dead bodies on Mount Everest.

by Anonymousreply 21101/07/2013

Goat Cheese.

by Anonymousreply 21201/07/2013

Armpit hair (on both men and women)

by Anonymousreply 21301/07/2013

[quote]Dead bodies on Mount Everest.

People walking past the bodies without a second glance

by Anonymousreply 21401/07/2013

Isn't a hotdog pretty disgusting in and of itself? I suppose the liquid left over in the pan from boiling one would be like any mild decoction remaining after boiling a condom filled with chopped intestines, partial animal snouts, assorted insect parts and rat feces. Harmless.

by Anonymousreply 21501/07/2013

We had boiled hot dogs as kids. I think it was mostly when my dad had to cook, and couldn't figure out how to fry them. At least he didn't serve us Campbell's canned gumbo, which is what he usually made for himself.

by Anonymousreply 21601/07/2013

I never knew any other way to make hot dogs until college.

They were always boiled. Whether at home, at school, or at the ball game.

by Anonymousreply 21701/07/2013

r215, I don't usually eat hotdogs, but the rare times I buy, I get the premium franks-- then again, I wouldn't know how upgraded it is from the delectable concoction you just mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 21901/07/2013

Aren't ball game hot dogs steamed rather than actually boiled?

I never knew people actually BOUGHT ... you know, parmesan cheese as "cheese" until after college; I thought it only came in a green cannister.

by Anonymousreply 22001/07/2013

[quote]Aren't ball game hot dogs steamed rather than actually boiled?

They were always floating in a big vat of hot water where I went. And I've seen the same thing in movies, and even referenced by comics and story-tellers. So it must not be too uncommon.

by Anonymousreply 22101/07/2013

People who shit in department store dressing rooms.

by Anonymousreply 22201/07/2013

[quote[You should be happy [R207] that you don't know about boiled hotdogs. It is an easy way to cook them but it also results in them lacking flavor and being soggy.

And we all know that no one likes a limp wiener!

by Anonymousreply 22301/07/2013

I would like to make a statement and end the debate about shoes once and for all.

I've lived in Europe, and I can tell you that *everyone* in Europe takes off their shoes when entering a domicile. It is considered polite to do so.

I have also traveled extensively in Asia, and I can say unequivocally that no one would *ever* wear shoes into an Oriental household ...it would be considered to be very offensive.

Now I live in the U.S., and except for certain backward areas like Georgia, *no one* would ever wear shoes into living spaces.

I hope this post clears up the confusion I have been reading here.

by Anonymousreply 22401/07/2013

Women who wear runners and socks with their business suits on the way to work. Girls, you're not Melanie Griffith and your life is not Working Girl. If you want to wear fuck me heels at work, wear them TO work as well.

by Anonymousreply 22501/07/2013

r224 = Ally Sheedy from Breakfast Club

by Anonymousreply 22601/07/2013

R215 wins.

by Anonymousreply 22701/07/2013

ass kissers at work

by Anonymousreply 22801/07/2013

Amen, R28!

by Anonymousreply 22901/07/2013

Back to things that are disgusting:

Flyover queens who've never traveled anywhere but think they know how the rest of the world lives.

People who use the word "Oriental"

by Anonymousreply 23001/07/2013

People who fart in their cars, especially in a cool damp climate like England, the smell lingers and builds.

Old style British telephones, the microphone part used to smell of bad breath and horrid brown bits would lurk in there. This was especially true at my grandparents' house.

London before it was introduced to the idea of pooper scooping (thanks, America! We owe you one...a big one).

The smell of denim when it hasn't been washed in a long time.

Long denim skirts (1970's).

The combination smell of piss and cigarettes in old style English phone boxes (I often used to have to hold the heavy door open while I used the phone).

Protruding moles.

by Anonymousreply 23101/07/2013

I'm glad I didn't read your post over lunch, R231. Your examples may be the most unsavo(u)ry ones yet.

by Anonymousreply 23201/07/2013

[quote] I have also traveled extensively in Asia, and I can say unequivocally that no one would *ever* wear shoes into an Oriental household ...it would be considered to be very offensive.

Pretty sure that nobody who has actually lived in Asia would use the word oriental.

I hate the "In Europe" trolls.

by Anonymousreply 23401/07/2013

Oh c'mon, you queens are slipping. You can't figure out that R224 is pure satire?

by Anonymousreply 23501/07/2013

[quote]People who use the word "Oriental"

What's your problem with the word? We use it in England, no one gets upset, but for some reason the Americans think it's unacceptable. Could someone explain why.

Asians, in England, refer to people who come from countries like India and Pakistan. Orientals, the Far East.

by Anonymousreply 23601/07/2013

I'm probably going to catch hell for this, but the hatred that transpeople get on the DL actually turns my stomach.

I didn't always have the most progressive attitude towards transgender issues either, but after seeing all the hatred Chaz Bono got, I realized I didn't like that about myself, so I changed.

Sorry to go off on a rant, but there was a thread about a transwoman who is suing a Catholic school that referred to the woman as "it" that set me off.

by Anonymousreply 23801/07/2013

What would you call someone who is neither male nor female?

It is not always used as a mean word.

by Anonymousreply 23901/07/2013

[quote]I'm probably going to catch hell for this, but the hatred that transpeople get on the DL actually turns my stomach.

I don't hate them, but they have been pretty negative towards me, especially after getting rights at work and in life that I am still denied.

So I try to steer clear of them, but it very rarely works -- they often come looking for trouble.

by Anonymousreply 24001/07/2013

[quote]What would you call someone who is neither male nor female?

I would call him or her however he or she identifies.

by Anonymousreply 24101/07/2013

1. People who insist on visiting me at home

2. People who visit me at home and talk about my stuff

3. People who visit me at home, talk about my stuff, and then want to discuss HGTV. I can't afford cable and my over-air reception sucks. It's why my furniture isn't grouped around an idiot box.

4. Glossy gift bags with colored tissue; nothing says, "I've given up, so here's $7 in shitty packaging" like a gift bag. I know you'd like it back and I'll let you take it. Filth!

5. Texting at wakes/visitations. You're there to witness a person's life or pay respects to the grieving family. Fifty mouth-breathing idiots silently tweeting live updates on bereavement do not make for a wake.

by Anonymousreply 24201/07/2013

[quote] I can't afford cable

How tragic. And people still come to...wherever it is that you live?

by Anonymousreply 24301/07/2013

LOL @ R243. And they also come bearing brightly packaged gifts that R242 is contemptuous of.

by Anonymousreply 24401/07/2013

I know, R244. How DARE someone bring me a GIFT! That's nicely WRAPPED! It's so....so....RUDE! I mean, when an old Target bag would do just fine, too.

*eyeroll*

by Anonymousreply 24501/07/2013

People who are die-hard fans of some fucking sports team! Boring! Stupid!

by Anonymousreply 24601/07/2013

Andersoon Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 24701/07/2013

People who win your eBay auction and then take their own sweet time paying. Grrr.

by Anonymousreply 24801/07/2013

People working retail in high end stores. The ones that judge you with a once over elevator glance when you just stop in while running errands. Stop the snooty attitude. You work in retail so you shouldn't be judging anyone. It's a service position. Get over yourself. I can buy and sell you. You're not going to get my sale if you pull attitude with me. It only takes a few minutes of my time to report you to higher ups with a few clicks online.

by Anonymousreply 24901/07/2013

R233 in Asia people take their shoes off. In some countries they have special slippers they wear in the house. I have relatives who spent a lot of time in Asia and when you enter their house there are shoes neatly lined up by the door and you are expected to remove them. They live here in the US now but collected some fabulous carpets in Qatar which cover almost their entire house like an Arabian tent so it feels really nice walking on them. My mother also has people take their shoes off. She doesn't want her wood floors getting scratched. She lives in TX.

by Anonymousreply 25001/07/2013

[quote]People who use the word "Oriental"

I am an American and I don't understand this either. All "Oriental" means is "eastern". I know that makes it "Eurocentric", but we don't have a problem with "Middle East" and "Near East".

by Anonymousreply 25101/07/2013

When we go to the Korean spa, we take our shoes off in the foyer and put our shoes in a separate locker.

by Anonymousreply 25201/07/2013

Endorphin-addicted freaks who love adventure travel. They go on and on about climbing some mountain, not realizing that 70% of the room does not care about crawling around on a massive rock.

by Anonymousreply 25401/07/2013

[quote]All "Oriental" means is "eastern". I know that makes it "Eurocentric", but we don't have a problem with "Middle East" and "Near East".

It's not just about what it literally denotes. It's about the old racism that used to confront Asians in that word.

by Anonymousreply 25501/07/2013

[quote] but we don't have a problem with "Middle East" and "Near East".

We don't really say "Middle Easterners" anymore either.

by Anonymousreply 25601/07/2013

Closeted celebrities, especially the ones that deny being gay and/or resort to bearding.

by Anonymousreply 25701/07/2013

"Oriental" refers to art objects and carpets, not people.

by Anonymousreply 25801/07/2013

r233, why are so hung up on feet? Methinks you have a deep issue.

by Anonymousreply 26001/07/2013

People from Europe are called Europeans.

People from Africa are called Africans.

People from North America are called North Americans.

People from South America are called South Americans.

People from Asia are called...

by Anonymousreply 26101/07/2013

Asiatics, R261!

by Anonymousreply 26201/07/2013

ORIENTALS!

by Anonymousreply 26301/07/2013

Wogs?

by Anonymousreply 26401/07/2013

Bearding and the lies and deceit that goes with it.

Hair clippings left in the sink.

Clothes left hanging out of a shut drawer.

by Anonymousreply 26501/07/2013

Oh, I've been to Nice and the Isle of Greece.

I've sipped champagne on a yacht.

I've moved like Harlow in Monte Carlo and showed 'em what I've got.

I've been undressed by kings ... but I've never been anywhere someone wanted me to take off just my shoes.

by Anonymousreply 26601/07/2013

If anyone refused to take their shoes off upon entering my home, they would be shown the door. My parents home was the same, as has been mine for the last 20 years. Only friends/acquaintances with the dirtiest of homes has said "Oh, it's ok leave your shoes on" and I obeyed. Canada here.

by Anonymousreply 26701/07/2013

[quote]Seeing used bathing suits and underwear at thrift stores. We all know where they've been.

Where do you live that it is legal to sell used underwear?????

by Anonymousreply 26801/07/2013

Lower class.

by Anonymousreply 26901/07/2013

The Koch brothers.

by Anonymousreply 27001/07/2013

Slants, gooks, slopes, ching chong chinamen, wogs??????????? r261?

by Anonymousreply 27101/07/2013

Undisciplined or poorly disciplined kids.

by Anonymousreply 27201/07/2013

So, R253, are you defending those in retail with their faux superior attitude? Are you one of these posers yourself? Or maybe you just troll this site looking for arguments?

Snooty salespeople are most annoying when superficially judging customers on how they appear when shopping on a day off in casual clothes. It's so irritating because these posers are judging you by looking for superficial signs of wealth. They completely overlook the way you're carrying yourself or the manner in which you speak. I can spot a nouveau riche from old money a mile away but I know better. I also know you never judge potential customers in retail.

It's right up there with people who mistake good manners for weakness. You're not going to up your sales stats and/or commission by giving me attitude because you can't discern a person of means from a browser who doesn't have two nickels to rub together. You might think you can tell but for all you know I've just finished a stint at Betty Ford and am not up on my game right now. You really never know who you are dealing with until they speak. I'm not going to purchase from you just to embarrass you when it dawns on you just who you are dealing with when you run my card through the sale. I'll contact management and put a big black stain on your employee record is what I will do. It will probably be the last straw as if you're treating me with your phony contempt it means you're treating everyone as such.

The topic is "Things That Disgust You" and pretentious people who are nothing and think because they've been hired to represent an upscale brand makes them a member of the elite disgust me. Being kind to others without immediate judgement is the hallmark of true class and it doesn't cost you a penny. See how that works? Thank you for reading.

by Anonymousreply 27301/07/2013

Stray hairs. Anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 27401/07/2013

People who will never talk to you again ever just because of a bitchy comment or two. Seriously, is your skin made of tissue paper? It's not like I'm some kind of hyper-judgemental beast!

by Anonymousreply 27501/07/2013

Well said, r273. I could not agree more

by Anonymousreply 27601/07/2013

The Chained Consumer Price Index

by Anonymousreply 27701/07/2013

R273 ((standing ovation))

You bitches have been READ for FILTH.

by Anonymousreply 27801/07/2013

Anjelica Huston's new face ...

by Anonymousreply 27901/07/2013

Rich people. I used to think they were just like us, except with money. But I was mistaken. They are evil. If there are exceptions, I haven't met them.

by Anonymousreply 28001/07/2013

r280, is that another way of saying that money and power go hand in hand and that power corrupts? Or "the love of money is the root of all evil". On the other hand "you're never too rich or too thin".

by Anonymousreply 28101/07/2013

R273, you have more issues than a newsstand.

by Anonymousreply 28201/07/2013

[quote]I can spot a nouveau riche from old money a mile away but I know better. I also know you never judge potential customers in retail.

Then you should know new money likes to spend big, old money doesn't. Now run along so I can help Kim K. with her purchase.

by Anonymousreply 28401/07/2013

There are two things are work with the very wealthy R280/R281. A lot of people with money have devoted their lives to making as much money as possible, doesn't make them bad people, but it does give you a sense of their priorities and how that might differ from other people's priorities who didn't think making a lot of money was the most important thing.

Two, there is a certain sense of entitlement that comes from having a lot of money. It is inevitable because well..having money does entitle you to certain things.

There are evil people with money sure, just as there are evil people without money, but in my experience that is real psychological factors when you are dealing with someone who is wealthy.

by Anonymousreply 28501/07/2013

Vaginas

Breasts

back-fat

flabby thighs

by Anonymousreply 28601/07/2013

Karl Rove

Dick Cheney

The Koch Brothers

Bryan Fischer

Mitch McConnel

by Anonymousreply 28701/07/2013

One of the most fun jobs I ever had was as a sales associate at Neiman-Marcus. However, some people came in with their defenses up so high it was like they were looking for a fight. They were mostly non-regular customers who were returning a gift. Back then, N-M return policies were very liberal. I once accepted back a shirt that had been a victim of a bleach accident (the tag said no bleach). But it seemed like some people were looking for a reason to act like I was trying to pull something on them. Why shop at a store you're uncomfortable at?

by Anonymousreply 28801/08/2013

When people use the word gift as a verb.

by Anonymousreply 28901/08/2013

Vaginosis.

by Anonymousreply 29001/08/2013

R8, R29, R33, R36, R39, R40, R232, R258 So many nationalities! Citizen of the world or just forget to clean out your cookies? Dutch? Taiwanese? English? It seems wherever you're claiming to be from you have a foot fetish that isn't being satisfied. Just pay someone and have done with it, you'll find it more satisfying than using various alts to try to persuade strangers to bare their feet to you.

by Anonymousreply 29101/08/2013

People who only talk to you when they want something.

by Anonymousreply 29201/08/2013

feet

most men

holes or colonies in nature

by Anonymousreply 29301/08/2013

That sound solid food like stew or casserole makes when you stick a utensil around in it.

by Anonymousreply 29401/08/2013

Tonsil stones

Hot ham water

Earwax

by Anonymousreply 29501/08/2013

R291, why can't you and other people tell original posts from cut-and-paste jobs? I never claimed to be Taiwanese; I simply pasted a Yahoo question by a Taiwanese person. The link is included in the post. I also never claimed to be English but signed off with the title of an English film ("This Is England".) You have excellent trolldar skills but shitty interpretation skills.

by Anonymousreply 29601/08/2013

People who agree with anything said or done...as long as they suck cock. Like a bunch of fuckig lemmings off a cliff.

by Anonymousreply 29701/08/2013

Nosy people

People who play their music too loud and you can hear it thru their headphones

Teenagers on the train during rush hour

Really fat people

by Anonymousreply 29801/08/2013

Disgusted by: People who leave chewing gum where it can be stepped on/sat on, or encountered in any way by others. Such folks ought to have a grapefruit sized wad of gum jammed down their throats.

Bored by: Middle-class plebes who think their passions for travel, art and culture make them interesting. Smells like privileged middle-class status seeking to me.

by Anonymousreply 29901/08/2013

[quote]Women and girls who speak in vocal fry

Can someone tell me how we would express this in English? I have no idea what it means.

by Anonymousreply 30001/09/2013

This is weird.

Earlier I wrote that I did not like:

"Foot fetishists who use pretexts like asking me to remove my shoes while in their home."

It was CHANGED to:

"People who ask me to remove my shoes..."

How the heck did that happen?

by Anonymousreply 30101/09/2013

R300,

It's like that commercial where the guy says his diet was to get the popular middle-school girls to say "Dude, that is like so gross" whenever he eats.

by Anonymousreply 30201/09/2013

It's been done to death here, R300. Look it up.

by Anonymousreply 30301/09/2013

can someone start a thread titled "Unbelievable Facts" where posters can share some really unbelievable facts with us?

by Anonymousreply 30401/09/2013

I thought for a second you said "Unbelievable Farts." THAT would seriously disgust me.

by Anonymousreply 30501/09/2013

r259 I eat chips with a fork when I am not at home - the reason being that it's really horrible eating with your fingers in public. Unless you have an opportunity to wash your hands first. I do, however, wear shoes inside. There's this thing I use each day - it's called a "vacuum cleaner".

by Anonymousreply 30601/10/2013

The fact that semi obscure cancer huckster, Tig Notaro, is having posts deleted because she somehow has enough money to hire marty singer. and because she is desperately batshit and evil. The fact that the webmaster of the best and funniest site on the internet allows this is both very bizarre and more disgusting than most can know, at this time.

also, the words "awesome" "amazing" and using "issues" as a blanket term for every malady under the sun. Also, using the term "emotional" for every non phlegmatic human response.

by Anonymousreply 30701/10/2013

[quote] I eat chips with a fork when I am not at home

MARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote] The fact that semi obscure cancer huckster, Tig Notaro, is having posts deleted

Whaaaaat?

by Anonymousreply 30801/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.