Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is this really true about lesbians?

I have read that they have relationships, break up, go on to other women, etc and all of those women are likely a huge clan or extended family? So, like, a partyful of them means everyone has already slept with everyone else (pretty much)?

Men -- it's a definite: NEXT!

by Confused 'moreply 7601/27/2014

Are you the idiotic "you 'mos" troll? Stopped by to take a few digs at lesbians as well as gay ment?

by Confused 'moreply 101/05/2013

No. I am being completely serious.

by Confused 'moreply 201/05/2013

OP, Just ask Martina Navratilova and Rita Mae Brown and Judy Nelson and Fannie Flagg and Susan Flannery.

by Confused 'moreply 301/05/2013

Ms. Behavior's book Explains It All For You

by Confused 'moreply 401/05/2013

Women are big into remaining friends after you've conjoined with them physically, emotionally and spiritually. That goes for straight women too. That "let's be friends" line can be so annoying to a straight guy after a breakup.

by Confused 'moreply 501/05/2013

Plus it makes pot lucks, kitty adoptions, and ride-sharing sooo much easier.

by Confused 'moreply 601/05/2013

I wouldn't know anything about that, OP.

by Confused 'moreply 701/06/2013

Who's making the bread pudding for our next get together?

by Confused 'moreply 801/06/2013

It's called a daisy chain.

by Confused 'moreply 901/06/2013

All the Michigan ladies have tasted from the same nutloaf!

by Confused 'moreply 1001/06/2013

No, OP, and you're a cunt.

by Confused 'moreply 1101/06/2013

Maybe I should have went to a better university but this post has left me lost. What is the question?

by Confused 'moreply 1201/06/2013

The question is: is it true that at any lesbian get-together the women have all slept with each?

by Confused 'moreply 1301/06/2013

by Confused 'moreply 1401/06/2013

Not being a lesbian I don't know but I would guess no. One should never use the word all.

by Confused 'moreply 1501/06/2013

Thank you very much!

by Confused 'moreply 1601/06/2013

It has been calculated that, at the present rate of relationship building and disentangling, every lesbian on the planet will be in an active relationship of some type (current love interest, past love interest, working on love interest, returned to love interest, living with ex but dating another love interest, etc.) with every other lesbian on the planet on March 22, 2019.

You have been warned. Christmas gift lists will effectively bankrupt the lesbian community long before that, even though "en masse champagne holiday brunch" represents 42% of all gift giving in this demographic, owing to the difficulty of logistics.

by Confused 'moreply 1701/06/2013

Didn't Alice in The L Word cover this topic with the chart. I loved that Alice.

by Confused 'moreply 1801/06/2013

Thanks for the laugh, r10!

by Confused 'moreply 1901/06/2013

Maybe in a really small town, but I have never experienced this myself.

by Confused 'moreply 2001/06/2013

You're starting to cross some boundaries OP.

by Confused 'moreply 2101/06/2013

I'm assuming you are gay male pretending to be a woman. If not, I simply asked about a widely-known lesbian stereotype.

by Confused 'moreply 2201/06/2013

yes, maybe in a small town or some claustrophobic group, but that is all. Not a big city thing. And big city people are not "friends" after a break up.

by Confused 'moreply 2301/06/2013

I am. A femme who looks and acts like a straight chick and dates the same

by Confused 'moreply 2401/07/2013

I don't know if this specific issue about Lesbians is true, but I know the do most everything better than us gay guys. I really grateful for that fact.

by Confused 'moreply 2501/07/2013

This is certainly the case in both Portland and Seattle, where I lived.

I don't stay friends with exes - but my position is considered "not playing fair".

by Confused 'moreply 2601/07/2013

R26, did you ever go to the "Wild Rose" in Seattle?

by Confused 'moreply 2701/07/2013

Coincidentally, I am from Seattle myself. Lotsa butch, femmes ... not so much.

by Confused 'moreply 2801/07/2013

It's true, OP. It's true for lesbians who make thoughtful choices in partners to begin with. Our exes stay in our lives, for the most part. In this case, the stereotype is true. At least for older lesbians.

by Confused 'moreply 2901/07/2013

So were do the most appealing/sexy lesbians live (in the US)?

by Confused 'moreply 3101/07/2013

I would have a hard time getting in a relationship with a woman who is still close with her ex.

by Confused 'moreply 3201/07/2013

I mean WHERE?

by Confused 'moreply 3301/07/2013

My very male very gay ex is best friends with ALL his exes, myself included. We all call him Lesbian Pete behind his back and then compare war stories. He tends to like similar guys, so we all get along. Once the pain of the breakup subsided, it's been sort of fun. Maybe the gals are onto something...

by Confused 'moreply 3401/07/2013

r32 why is that?

I found getting to know my partner's exes quite refreshing. I learned alot about my partner from them, at least what she/they were like before I met them.

Where do the most appealing gay men live? It's a matter of taste. (no pun intended)

by Confused 'moreply 3501/07/2013

Land of the vaGiants.

by Confused 'moreply 3601/07/2013

My album 'Ladies Of The Canyon' was about lesbians, but nobody got it.

by Confused 'moreply 3701/07/2013

The dating pool was lower and no one changed the water!

by Confused 'moreply 3901/07/2013

Tiny segment of the population, plus we don't really have the opportunities for no strings sex that men do (because of how women in general are).

That means if you know of an available lesbian already, you go for it, standards and "boundaries" be damned.

by Confused 'moreply 4001/07/2013

How 'ready' is she, really?

by Confused 'moreply 4101/07/2013

Sounds as though you wouldn't mind NSA action with certain ladies yourself, but they are the "oh no, we must process our feelings before, during, and after" types?

by Confused 'moreply 4201/07/2013

There should be prostitues for lesbians or bicurious women. I'm thinking that is a huge market waiting to be explored.

I have a girl-friend who is in her forties and is constantly being hit on by older women, who are obviously widowed. It's at the supermarket, usually. She tells me that the women are kind of aggressive and seem desperate to be touched. I can see why that demographic would rather go for women because any man would be a gigolo and a risk.

I know of a few famous old women who have hired 'assistants' who just happen to be butch lesbians, just a random pick, huh!

It's too bad that lesbians cannot just meet up and have casual relationships and we all know straight chicks would like that too. But hookers that service men by and large are not appealing, yes?

by Confused 'moreply 4301/07/2013

Prostitues is not the answer.

It's just hard to meet people, and the numbers seem smaller for lesbians. Plus everyone is hidden away, no one goes out. Even lesbian bars have closed, probably because of the internet.

by Confused 'moreply 4401/07/2013

I thought lesbians have a wider choice with all those "straight" women who are open to swinging bi on occasion? I'm trying to picture older gay men hitting on guys at the supermarket, and it just ain't working!

by Confused 'moreply 4501/07/2013

Gay bars in general have closed because its passe to drink--we're all health nuts now.

by Confused 'moreply 4601/07/2013

The key (for gals) is an elite, or at least, sheltered, environment. This meant school or college for most.

Once out in the world, work is the next usual place, but since most professions have been swamped by straight women (and HR was created) asking other women out there has become dangerous. (it just takes one who gets "offended.")

Bars suck, better themed concerts (Lillith Fair was great for young gals to meet each other) but MichFest is too extreme for many.

The elderwomen in the supermarkets have taken the cow by the proverbial horns, but that makes for discomforted younger gals.

Best are conferences. Weekends away from home with a pre-vetted crowd and hotel included.

by Confused 'moreply 4701/07/2013

straight women that want to swing bi are not that many, and they want to do it with other straight women and preferably in front of men

they are not the answer, either

by Confused 'moreply 4801/07/2013

Also, you can't smoke in (most of) them anymore.

by Confused 'moreply 4901/07/2013

I'm bi and I like to stay friends with everyone. If the split isn't amicable or was heartbreaking, I give it time...usually a few years. Never have romantic feelings returned for an ex with whom I've rekindled a friendship or had latent closure. So far, so good. I've been in relationships with mostly men.

by Confused 'moreply 5001/07/2013

You know, I'm gonna stick by my lesbian call girl ring idea, thank you very much.

Okay, so the rich old ladies (many of whom are Jewish gals, by the way) who want to have a nice girlfriend are not going to introduce said pick-up to the family and friends, are they?

Wouldn't they just like to experiment with a nice gal who will hold them while they watch Downtown Abbey?

by Confused 'moreply 5101/07/2013

I'm cordial with my exes, but don't socialize with them. Actually, I wouldn't be caught dead at your super-les potluck scenario.

by Confused 'moreply 5201/07/2013

I've met all of my girlfriends in the paint department at Home Depot. Lesbians love to congregate around the paint mixer machine because of the vibrations. I've known many gals to have screaming orgasms right there in the store.

by Confused 'moreply 5301/07/2013

Just to clarify, what 'type' would lesbians seek out as casual sex partners?

Kate Moss-y, or perhaps a Martina?

I'm just sayin for sex only.

Does pretty eyes matter?i

by Confused 'moreply 5401/07/2013

subject-verb agreement matters, skeev

by Confused 'moreply 5501/07/2013

Ladies, wait one second...

The question is not whether we stay friends with our exes, but if we sleep with our exes' exes: to wit, to use the OP's example, at a party, will all the ladies have slept with everyone.

I personally would never date one of my exes' exes: it gives me the shivers just thinking about it.

by Confused 'moreply 5601/07/2013

When I know too many lesbians in a city and who they slept with, I move...preferably across the country!

by Confused 'moreply 5701/07/2013

I'm not a lesbian, but I've been amidst some social circles where there seems to be SOME truth to this. Meaning, lesbians are bound to at least flirt with each other in an interconnected way; bisexual women hook up with each other in the same network, with no strings attached.

by Confused 'moreply 5801/07/2013

Thanks! That is the stereotype I have read about, where lesbians have serial relationships among a ... closed set, in a "musical chairs" type style, until the partnership possibilities are exhausted.

To give a rather bizarre example among men, I knew a couple where they considered themselves exes (NOT an open relationship, but single); HOWEVER, not only were they roommates, they continued sleeping in the same bed. How's that?

by Confused 'moreply 5901/07/2013

I live in LA and used to have a lesbian cut my hair and would tell me a about her social life. She had dated one of the women who started Girl Bar (I think that's what it was called) and I did get the impression that among her group of upwardly mobile lesbian friends many had shared the same lovers.

by Confused 'moreply 6001/07/2013

lesbians are the new man :)

by Confused 'moreply 6101/07/2013

[quote]I knew a couple where they considered themselves exes (NOT an open relationship, but single); HOWEVER, not only were they roommates, they continued sleeping in the same bed. How's that?

That is quite common among lesbians, at least of the older generation.

One of my lesbian friends was heartbroken when her partner started dating another. They were broken up, but still shared a bed, so my friend still considered them partners.

by Confused 'moreply 6201/08/2013

Yes, I have been to the Wild Rose and, in its time, "The Easy."

by Confused 'moreply 6401/08/2013

r63, when lesbian bed death occurs, many lesbians are OK with it. The cuddling and affection remain, and the love remains.

This is why some lesbians are confused as to when/if the break-up occurred.

by Confused 'moreply 6501/08/2013

I knew several straight couples that had separated/divorced but continued to live in the same place and share the bed.

Financial comfort is usually behind all that.

by Confused 'moreply 6601/08/2013

Any womyn can be a lesbian, says Alix Dobkin

by Confused 'moreply 6701/08/2013

I hate studs

by Confused 'moreply 6807/21/2013

In Sydney, there were a couple of businesses that catered exclusively to women. They claimed to have "classy" lesbian sex workers who would do out calls only, and only do threesomes with all women. They used to advertise in the publication Lesbians on the Loose, aka LOTL. I wonder if the businesses are still going...

by Confused 'moreply 6907/21/2013

Terry Castle mercilessly mocks Alix Dobkin in her essay collection "The Professor."

by Confused 'moreply 7108/10/2013

[quote]Thanks [R62] -- among men this is downright freakish, as I would consider it if a straight couple did so.

R63, it is freakish among lesbians, too! Only strange lesbians do this!!

by Confused 'moreply 7301/27/2014

And only strange lesbians do what OP said. It is cultish Mitchfest types.

by Confused 'moreply 7401/27/2014

C'mon ladies, you know its true.

by Confused 'moreply 7501/27/2014

It's a numbers problem.

by Confused 'moreply 7601/27/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!