and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Dos and Don'ts For My Friends Without Kids

What a dick.

by Anonymousreply 5402/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 101/05/2013

What a douche.

by Anonymousreply 201/05/2013

I AM busier than him, because I'm doing all his work at the office.

by Anonymousreply 301/05/2013

The author is getting absolutely ripped to shreds in the HuffPo comments.

by Anonymousreply 401/05/2013

I absolutely agree that people with children should not be imbued with and sort of deeper understanding or any of that crap that breeders like to hide behind because they 'have children'.

by Anonymousreply 501/05/2013

I thought it was going to be an entitled breeder manifesto but that wasn't bad at all. Pretty tame and neutral.

by Anonymousreply 601/05/2013

JD Roberto seems like the type of guy that makes someone cover for him at work saying he's got to pick up his kids from school, when in actuality he's just going to the adult bookstore for a bj from a dude through a gloryhole.

by Anonymousreply 701/05/2013

R7, where ARE all these straight guys you find in adult bookstores?

The streets where you live must be covered in cum and used Puffs.

by Anonymousreply 801/05/2013

Only two of those seem unreasonable to me: the first one and the last one. Don't make your friends feel like they should help you with childrearing, and don't feel that you can post endless pictures of your offspring.

by Anonymousreply 901/05/2013

I don't know who is straight and who is not but I worked in an adult store in the suburbs back a few years when in school. I would say 9 out of 10 men who headed to the back wore wedding rings.

by Anonymousreply 1001/05/2013

>>"DO volunteer to help out with the kids. Maybe you don't consider yourself to be "a kid person," and that's okay."

That's not a "DO", that's a "please"!

In fact it's a "please, please, I beg you, I know I've got no right to ask and I promise I won't freak out if you don't do things exactly my way".

by Anonymousreply 1101/05/2013

[quote]DON'T buy into to the myth that the lives of people with kids are awash with indescribable depth and meaning.

What myth is this? Unless indescribable depth means his car will forever smell like chicken mcnuggests.

by Anonymousreply 1201/05/2013

Idiot. This is the sort of person who expected a thank you card from the woman he inseminated and a gift for flushing the toilet when he crapped at a friend's house.

by Anonymousreply 1301/05/2013

What a jackass!

by Anonymousreply 1401/05/2013

[quote]DON'T describe yourself as exhausted/insanely busy/stressed. Of course you're each and every one of those things, we all are. And that's the point. Parenting has all the same demands, stresses and deadlines that you do plus we get to add perpetual responsibility for a small, needy, inquisitive, "me" machine to the 'to do' list. Have a bad enough week and you can crawl into bed Friday at 6 p.m. with a box of Chardonnay, some Hot Pockets and the remote control and not get up for three days. Your worst-case scenario is probably a nasty personal hygiene problem. If a couple of parents do the same thing, there's a good chance that someone will die.

by Anonymousreply 1501/05/2013

Talk about self involved.

by Anonymousreply 1601/05/2013

How simply awful being a victim of parenthood. The state should do more to protect citizens from this almost unbearable burden.

by Anonymousreply 1701/05/2013

This person lives in a total bourgeois bubble.

by Anonymousreply 1801/05/2013

Child infection rates are spreading at an alarming rate. Some even choose not to use protection then complain about the consequences.

by Anonymousreply 1901/05/2013

That's where I stopped reading R12. Tells you all you need to know about this douche.

Or you could look at his picture and quickly make the same conclusion.

by Anonymousreply 2001/05/2013

I thought it was pretty harmless. I was actually hoping for something a little more substantive. We (childless gay couple) have some friends with kids; I guess we got lucky because our friends remained the same even after starting families.

We went out to dinner with a straight couple and their (adorable but rambunctious) 2-year-old son a couple of weeks ago. We were telling them about our day when the wife turned to her husband and said with wonder, "Did you hear what they did? They went to [a trendy restaurant] for lunch, then to an indie movie at the museum, then shopping and sushi in Little Tokyo!" I felt embarrassed, like we were rubbing our freedom in their faces and trying too hard.

Again, maybe it's just our friends, but the couples with kids we know work hard to give their children the best and also make time for friends. I admire them and enjoy helping when the opportunity arises.

by Anonymousreply 2101/05/2013

Sounds like that whacko Denise Albert a few years back with her "mommy rage". I had to look her up and surprise, she's getting divorced.

by Anonymousreply 2201/05/2013

I have elderly pets and, like the comment R15 posted from the article, I can't go to bed after a bad week either. I don't expect my friends to offer to pet sit or take the dog to the vet or clean up my yard.

People really need to take responsibility for having children. That includes both genders. I am willing to support school bond issues and other community efforts to grow responsible adults, but parents get significant advantages that I won't have when they are elderly if they have done their job correctly.

by Anonymousreply 2301/05/2013

Did someone force this guy to procreate? That was his choice; not having children was mine. Otherwise, mind your own fucking business. If I volunteer, it'll be at a soup kitchen before it's your kids. That's what babysitters are for.

by Anonymousreply 2401/05/2013

These heterosexuals and their barebacking really need to take responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 2501/05/2013

WHAT is this guy's problem?

by Anonymousreply 2601/05/2013

I agree that most is harmless, but don't fucking expect me to help you with your kids (I don't expect you to pick up my dog's shit) and I know what "busy" is - so I won't bitch about how busy I am if you won't.

by Anonymousreply 2701/05/2013

I wonder how many straight men really want to have kids in the first place? I bet most get pushed into it by their wives, families and the rest of society.

by Anonymousreply 2801/05/2013

[quote]I wonder how many straight men really want to have kids in the first place?

All of them want one just to prove they can do it. After that, it depends.

by Anonymousreply 2901/05/2013

What's shocking to me is the number of girlfriends/wives who are so open about the lack of sex in their relationships.

I really don't want to hear about how little you straight people are getting laid.

by Anonymousreply 3001/05/2013

I'll help pile their shit into the car if I get to smack them around when they get out of line. Otherwise I'm not signing up to be your free nanny.

by Anonymousreply 3101/05/2013

Actually, r28, most of the women I talk to didn't want them or were completely ambivalent, but it was the man who desperately felt the need to have kids.

by Anonymousreply 3201/05/2013

If I don't have a choice in whether or not you have kids, why would I be obligated to give up my TimeGone be your co-parent?

by Anonymousreply 3301/05/2013

R32, I can't say which gender is more in need of procreating, seen it on both sides, but like you I have noticed that most often one is much more enthusiastic than the other.

by Anonymousreply 3401/05/2013

"I wonder how many straight men really want to have kids in the first place? I bet most get pushed into it "

Most actually do, but some are absolutely shocked that raising children involves actual *work*. That's when they start acting like they were pushed into it.

by Anonymousreply 3501/05/2013

[quote]I have elderly pets and, like the comment [R15] posted from the article, I can't go to bed after a bad week either.

Me too, R23. Farmers with livestock are in the same position -- up at the crack of dawn whether or not they're in the mood to milk cows & feed chickens, during weekends & holidays, storms, illness, hangovers, etc.

We haven't been compelled to assume responsibility for animals who depend on us, just as no one is forced to become parents.

by Anonymousreply 3601/05/2013

Most hilarious response on the HuffPost site:

"I have kids, and have no problems with my sterile and barren friends, especially the barren women, whose wombs lie fallow like a drought-dusty field in a hot Texas summer."

by Anonymousreply 3701/05/2013

I hate "DO and DON"T lists with a passion. This was relatively tame, though, as others have noted. But the whole article is offputting because it has "orders" in it! Hey, author, DON'T write articles like this and you won't piss off people and offend them.

by Anonymousreply 3801/05/2013

"DON'T buy into to the myth that the lives of people with kids are awash with indescribable depth and meaning."

What an amazing illustration of the term "humblebrag."

by Anonymousreply 3901/05/2013

I need grief counseling.

by Anonymousreply 4001/05/2013

I thought it was fine. The only one that bothered me was "I don't want to hear how busy you are, MY LIFE IS SO MUCH HARDER."

That was dick-ish.

by Anonymousreply 4101/05/2013

The author of that article is a textbook sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 4201/05/2013

I hope he gets hate mail and threats, just like that loathsome Denise Alpert did a few years back.

by Anonymousreply 4301/05/2013

There is a recent thread floating around on DL asking "What is the male equivalent of a Frau?"

I nominate this douchebag, JD Roberto.

by Anonymousreply 4401/05/2013

Does having children make you are more valuable member of society? The media seem to bestow a special status upon parenthood. For example, when a TV news show reports that so-and-so was a victim of a crime or some other misfortune it makes sure to point out that so-and-so "is a mom" or "is a dad", as if their loss is greater.

by Anonymousreply 4502/04/2013

R23, if you were my friend, I wouldn't mind helping you out with your dog. A baby, no way. But a dog, okay.

by Anonymousreply 4602/04/2013

Now you're just showing blind ignorance R45. It's to point out that as a result of the crime a child has just lost a parent. It's an intellectual challenge I understand, however there is a difference between a young child losing a parent vs you losing a fuck buddy.

by Anonymousreply 4702/04/2013

It IS greater.

by Anonymousreply 4802/04/2013

My mommy says children are a blessing to the world.

by Anonymousreply 4902/04/2013

Elitist cuntery

by Anonymousreply 5002/04/2013

I was glad to see that ALL commenters on the first page, including those with kids, completely disagreed with one very entitled Mr. JD Roberto. My favorite dig:

[quote]We all have the right to acknowledge being as stressed, busy as we damn well please, regardless of offspring. The problem with new jack parents is that so many act as if they're splitting an atom; doing whats never been done before on higher plane of existence.

by Anonymousreply 5102/04/2013

A loss is a loss, R47, no matter who it is.

by Anonymousreply 5202/04/2013

[quote]I wonder how many straight men really want to have kids in the first place? I bet most get pushed into it by their wives, families and the rest of society.

Straight men are not victims. Most of them absolutely do want kids, and will not even consider marrying a woman who does not want children. Other posters are correct in that many times it's the man pushing the woman into it. However, most of these men do not want to be bothered with the responsibility of actually raising them. Their desire for children seems to be borne mostly of a combination of entitlement and ego fulfillment, although thankfully there are some involved fathers who genuinely want children for the right reasons.

by Anonymousreply 5302/04/2013

My own father is still alive, and even he doesn't give me as much bossy instruction, so this guy should shut up!

by Anonymousreply 5402/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!