Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

US Rapper Azealia Banks tells Perez Hilton he’s a ‘messy faggot’ who should kill himself

US Rapper Azealia Banks tells Perez Hilton he’s a ‘messy faggot’ who should kill himself

by James Park, 5 January 2013, 11:29am

US rapper Azealia Banks has defended calling the US entertainment blogger Perez Hilton a faggot during a Twitter argument.

The argument began after Hilton posted a criticism of Banks’s feuds with other artists. She then called him “dickbreath” and told him to “gobble a dick”.

Hilton told Banks, who last year said she was bisexual: “Some of your music is cute, but your attention-seeking ways are pathetic and hurtful. You drag while others choose to uplift!”

Banks responded: “Whatever bitch, you tried to sign me to ur little bum ass label in ’11 with them bullsshit ass artists…” She later tweeted: “omg u should just kill yourself… Like for real… lol what a messy faggot you are.”

After followers reacted badly to her posts, Banks responded by claiming: “A faggot is not a homosexual male. A faggot is any male who acts like a female. There’s a BIG difference.”

She later clarified “When I said acts like I female I should’ve said acts like a c*nt.”

She added: “If u listen to my music and are not offended by the word nigga… We’re not gonna go here with this faggot shitt… We’re just not. Lol.”

Last year the rapper told the New York Times that she is bisexual adding: “I’m not trying to be, like, the bisexual, lesbian rapper. I don’t live on other people’s terms.”

Banks is signed to Polydor, part of Universal Music Group. Despite her relatively modest profile in the UK, the BBC ranked her third in its ‘Sounds of 2012 Awards’.

by Anonymousreply 9802/19/2013

Another Z-list, faux-bisexual whore a la Paris Hilton calling gay men faggots. What's new?

That's why gay men need to be careful before they support their little female "gay icons" (not that this unknown bitch was ever anything).

by Anonymousreply 101/05/2013

Perez called one of the Black Eyed Peas the same thing. So he can't really complain can he? Live by the sword, die by the sword. At least this got people talking about him again. He hasn't been relevant for 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 301/05/2013

I wonder how her arch-rival, the openly bisexual and very gay friendly Angel Haze, will respond to this? She herself just released a single allegedly dissing Banks.

I also wonder how many of the blogosphere hipster fanbois who have been pushing Banks for the last two years will react to this faux pas?

by Anonymousreply 401/05/2013

Um, no, r2. Just no.

Sorry you're ugly, but don't take it out on all of DL.

by Anonymousreply 501/05/2013

R3 Good point.

Both of these Z-list nobodies should just go away. Hell, they probably arranged this "fued" themselves for publicity since he's a has-been and she's an unknown.

by Anonymousreply 601/05/2013

Both these hoes need to have a seat, nobody is checking for either of them.

by Anonymousreply 801/05/2013

[quote]they probably arranged this "feud" themselves for publicity since he's a has-been and she's an unknown.

I was thinking the same thing, R6.

by Anonymousreply 901/05/2013

[quote] Perez called one of the Black Eyed Peas the same thing. So he can't really complain can he?

We can

by Anonymousreply 1001/05/2013

He doesn't call *people* faggot r12, he called a *person* faggot once, and then admitted it was a stupid thing to say.

by Anonymousreply 1401/05/2013

It's a complaint about the word being used at all R12

by Anonymousreply 1501/05/2013

R11

So is him calling her out for dragging people down while some choose to uplift.

He can't erase history. He started out being a douche and bullying celebrities. He only recently "changed" when Ellen called him out on it.

by Anonymousreply 1601/05/2013

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1701/05/2013

[quote] But it is okay for Perez to use it? I didn't hear any of you complaining about that when he did it.

I guess you weren't here then.

by Anonymousreply 2001/05/2013

R2 Well it's not coming from DL but Rich Juzwiak is doing exactly what you predicted.

His article: Azealia Banks Called Perez Hilton a “Faggot,” But That Doesn’t Make Her a Homophobe

by Anonymousreply 2101/05/2013

Spare us R19.

I don't see GLADD beating down on Charlie Sheen, Vince Vaughn or Bradley Cooper's door.

by Anonymousreply 2201/05/2013

r5 and r18 are both revisionist history, hardly anyone has been more hated on DL than Perez. Some hated him for outing celebs, but I think most of the hostility was because he was fat, ugly and femme, and considered a bad image for gays.

by Anonymousreply 2301/05/2013

[quote]he called a *person* faggot once, and then admitted it was a stupid thing to say.

Nope.

by Anonymousreply 2401/05/2013

Azealia is bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 2501/05/2013

...and Rap music moves up another level of the respect ladder.

by Anonymousreply 2601/05/2013

Lots and lots of homophobic bigots trolling here. Most of them have issues with white people also.

by Anonymousreply 2801/05/2013

I like her music, and calling Perez a messy faggot doesn't immediately get my undies in a bunch.

I have problems with her explanations, though. Truly queer friendly people don't use a "man acting as a woman" as a pejorative, but she's done exactly that.

She should have just STFU after the first comment and been all, like, "Perez Hilton. Enough said."

by Anonymousreply 2901/05/2013

R12 / R18 appears to be an angry, misandrist lesbian and if you're bored enough to troll-dar her, you can follow her little trail around the forum and see her other little gems.

by Anonymousreply 3001/05/2013

If Perez would start lecturing me I'd be like 'Who are you and why do you think I care what you have to say?', but I guess that attitude wouldn't get Azealia the media attention that she has now with her messy faggot line.

The media reports scandalous soundbites.

by Anonymousreply 3201/05/2013

Calling people mean names is wrong, but neither Perez Hilton nor many people on DL have the moral authority to be indignant about other people doing it. It is not so nice to call people fraus, fundies, retarded, trash, mouthbreathers, hicks, gaylings, nutjobs, ugly, or men by female pronouns, but some of you do these awful things. Perhaps, you should clean up your own conduct before trying to call other people out.

by Anonymousreply 3301/05/2013

Keep it klassy, Perez.

by Anonymousreply 3401/05/2013

[quote] Grow up girls. You people call women the worst names and it never "sticks". I'd like to see a gay hate group specifically point out homos true colors by using this board as a fine example.

"you people?" - you mean a number of trolls on Dl represent every gay person?

get lost, bigot

by Anonymousreply 3601/05/2013

Sorry R35

You lose credibility on your anger that she used the word Faggot by calling her a cunt and a black whore slut.

by Anonymousreply 3701/05/2013

Two unlikeable nobodies. The rapper's comments are vile, and Perez's history follows him. The endless making fun of everyone, calling will.i.am the same derogative term (and then crying about it and justifying it). Perez had a short-lived series in the UK called "Perez Hilton Superfan" that did horribly in the ratings. The Lady Gaga episode was him fawning all over her.

by Anonymousreply 3901/05/2013

Is Perez Hilton racist?

by Anonymousreply 4001/05/2013

Twitter has absolutely ruined the mystique of celebrity. I love some of Banks stuff. Edgy, strange; she seemed so smart in the small sample of work that I've heard from her. Now I know she's just a run of the mill, uneducated girl that speak like my 18 year old nephew and his douchey friends.

That said, if she'd just called Perez and irrelevant hypocrite asshole, I'd have been fine with it...

by Anonymousreply 4201/05/2013

Perez shouldn't of called will I am a faggot either, but like the blacks say ITs OK to use the N word if you're black, but no white person should be using it!

Lady Gaga is supposedly working with her. She's another fake bitch, she'll probably not even acknowledge it, despite being against gay bullying!

Gay men need other strong, masculine gay men to look up to.

Not these fake bisexual girls, because their struggle is nothing like ours.

by Anonymousreply 4301/05/2013

R43

It's shouldn't *have* not shouldn't "of."

Not trying to be a prick, just pointing it out in case you didn't know.

by Anonymousreply 4501/05/2013

A lot of these "pro-gay" female acts are posers and are inherently homophobic, however their true colors won't show until they're pissed and speak or type before they think. Even Gaga's "acceptance" of young gays is patronizing at best and specious at worst.

by Anonymousreply 4601/05/2013

R44, she could have kept his sexuality out of it, just like some of the idiots here need to keep her race out of it.

by Anonymousreply 4701/05/2013

Wow, I had never even heard of this child until this morning. Guess she's not that important.

by Anonymousreply 4901/05/2013

What's a "messy faggot" anyway?

by Anonymousreply 5001/05/2013

Damn r48, tell us how you REALLY feel!

I actually thought this song was good but it wasnt enough to make me interested in her music

by Anonymousreply 5101/05/2013

r48, you have some serious issues, dude. get help

by Anonymousreply 5301/05/2013

There needs to be a clear, cut-off point between gay men (who have it the the worst in the homophobia department) and "bisexual girls" (seemingly 3/4 of whom are really just attention-whoring skanks who want to titillate straight guys or be "edgy" and "trendy").

These wenches seem to have an ON/OFF switch that they use at their whim for A). when they decide to use LGBT solidarity to their benefit or B). when they show their true colors and act worse than any straight, homophobic douche.

My boyfriend used to volunteer at a gay youth group meeting every week, and he would tell me how these "bisexual"/"pansexual"/whatever girls would monopolize resources and discussions, talking about how "hard" it is to be bisexual and in general make everything all about themselves; all the while, young gay boys and butch lesbian girls (the groups who were REALLY having it hard) were being ignored or marginalized again.

Well sorry bisexual girls, you are NOT in the same league and shouldn't be treated as such!

by Anonymousreply 5401/05/2013

Okay but why is she wearing a witch hat?

by Anonymousreply 5601/05/2013

r55, you claim to be masculine, but the type of catty anti-woman rants you engage in are indicative of very non-masculine gay guys. I doubt you hang with straight dudes talking like such a catty little girl.

by Anonymousreply 5701/05/2013

[quote]R48 is a women hating faggot.

And R52 says "Good, he hates gays and Jews" on the Chuck Hagel thread.

Why are you here, R52?

by Anonymousreply 5801/05/2013

Okay Perez, you just keep on uplifting people...okay? 'Cause that's what you're known for. You might as well be a tree falling in the middle of the forest with no one around.

by Anonymousreply 5901/05/2013

She is so vile ad uses other people's gains as a way for her to come up.

She slams anyone who does better than her.

She claimed last week that some old White man beat her.

She is just as messy as Hilton famous for twitter rants.

I want her to get her 1 hit so she can go away and shut the fuck up for good.

by Anonymousreply 6001/05/2013

57 I hate cattiness and if you met me, you'll see that I'm probably the least carry person you'll ever meet.

I've actually had one woman make her boyfriend (one of my best buds) stop hanging out and going to the gym with me because he told her I was gay.

No lie The dude is straight as an arrow and I has a boyfriend but she thought he might suddenly go gay with me!

Despite the fact that he met me before her and I had hung out with the girslfriend (friendshipwho tried to hook me up with one of her female friends).

So much for male bonding and strong male friendships.

by Anonymousreply 6101/05/2013

her ca

by Anonymousreply 6201/05/2013

R61

I'm going to tell you the truth.

Your friend's girlfriend didn't make him stop hanging out with you because you're gay...

He used it as an excuse because he didn't want to be friends with you because you're so damn catty.

by Anonymousreply 6301/05/2013

well.....

by Anonymousreply 6401/05/2013

I'm surprised Will I Am didn't come out after the Perez incident. Not that anyone would've cared anyway.

by Anonymousreply 6801/05/2013

Hard to pick a side here, but I will never defend Olmec head.

by Anonymousreply 6901/05/2013

Frances Welsing is such a nut. Did she hide all her crazy theories until she got out of Howard?

by Anonymousreply 7001/05/2013

[quote]What's a "messy faggot" anyway?

"Messy" = instigating, shit-stirring, backstabbing, gossipy

by Anonymousreply 7101/05/2013

Who now?

And who?

by Anonymousreply 7201/05/2013

R66 said it already. Never gonna happen.

I remember a few years ago, when Perez was cleaning up his image and appointing himself as LGBT spokeperson. Then the Will I Am thing happened.

The LGBT press (such as it is) are idiots and suckers. But most LGBT people can think for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 7301/05/2013

I take exception to her choice of words. I have no intention of defending him

by Anonymousreply 7401/05/2013

Some of you are unreal. This isn't some random slur against a random gay man, it's an attack on one of the leaders in gay culture. Why any of you would side with Azealia Banks instead of Perez Hilton just shows your self loathing. Perez Hilton works for the good of the gay community and Azealia is attacking it.

by Anonymousreply 7501/05/2013

Thanks, Perez (i.e. R75). No, he sucks and he's very messy.

by Anonymousreply 7601/05/2013

Perez did not deserve that; however, he IS annoying as all hell.

by Anonymousreply 7701/05/2013

Does he still have a blog/site anymore?

by Anonymousreply 7801/05/2013

[quote] Perez did not deserve that; however, he IS annoying as all hell.

He deserved it. The rest of us didn't

by Anonymousreply 7901/05/2013

r48/r55/r61 are you that masculine gay that hates his gay coworker for flirting with him all the time? You have a point about some bi-women being fake, but you dont have to be so offensive all the time.

by Anonymousreply 8001/05/2013

R19,R35

You wish.Not all blacks are homophobes.Perez started with her first. I didn't see people complaining when he called Will I.AM a f*ggot! So fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 8101/05/2013

Perez is gay! Who knew!

by Anonymousreply 8201/05/2013

[quote]Does he still have a blog/site anymore?

Yeah, but nobody reads it now because it's all PR fluff stories now.

by Anonymousreply 8301/06/2013

She's quite the potty mouth!

by Anonymousreply 8401/06/2013

Another no-talent rapper that I've never heard of...NEXT!

by Anonymousreply 8501/06/2013

From PinkNews.co.uk:

[quote]New reports have suggested that US Rapper, Azealia Banks, has been dropped by her record label following a Twitter arugment with blogger, Perez Hilton, during which she called him a “messy faggot”, and suggested that he should “kill himself”.

Website Gossipwelove.com, reports that it received an email claiming that the rap star had parted ways with her record label Interscope. The email reads:

“When approached today about Banks’ debut album plans, the label insider simply stated, Azealia Banks will no longer be releasing her LP under Interscope.”

“Broke with Expensive Taste, was scheduled to be released in February so perhaps this clarifies the lack of promotion and official releases for a debut album that was supposed to drop within weeks.”

The news is unconfirmed, however, and Ms Banks or her label has issued no comment on the matter. She continued to Tweet links to her music, and last night seemed to have apologised for offence caused. She tweeted:

“My most sincere apologies to anyone who was indirectly offended by my foul language. Not sorry for Perez tho. Lo.”

The argument with Perez Hilton began after Hilton posted a criticism of Banks’s feuds with other artists. She then called him “dickbreath” and told him to “gobble a dick”.

Hilton told Banks, who last year said she was bisexual: “Some of your music is cute, but your attention-seeking ways are pathetic and hurtful. You drag while others choose to uplift!”

Banks responded: “Whatever bitch, you tried to sign me to ur little bum ass label in ’11 with them bullsshit ass artists…” She later tweeted: “omg u should just kill yourself… Like for real… lol what a messy faggot you are.”

After followers reacted badly to her posts, Banks responded by claiming: “A faggot is not a homosexual male. A faggot is any male who acts like a female. There’s a BIG difference.”

She later clarified “When I said acts like I female I should’ve said acts like a c*nt.”

GLAAD wrote on its website: “Banks’ claims that the word ‘fa*got’ doesn’t mean a gay male is not true.

“Regardless of her intent or her personal definition, what matters is the meaning given to that word by those who hear it, and the damage it causes when they do. Undoubtedly there are gay kids who follow her on Twitter who hear this word in an entirely different context.

“This word is used almost universally by bullies, often as part of a larger verbal or physical assault. This word hurts those kids, no matter what Banks meant by it.”

Scissor Sisters singer, Jake Shears Tweeted the rapper, condemning her use of the word “faggot”. He wrote:

“Oh yeah. “Faggot.” Totally cool. Give me a fucking break… It all about context. And right now I’m sorry, but context is not on your side.”

Banks is signed to Polydor, part of Universal Music Group. Despite her relatively modest profile in the UK, the BBC ranked her third in its ‘Sounds of 2012 Awards’.

by Anonymousreply 8701/07/2013

I hope the little no-talent hoodrat did get dropped (not that anyone was checking for her in the first place). Album would've flopped either way.

by Anonymousreply 8801/07/2013

[quote]This isn't some random slur against a random gay man, it's an attack on one of the leaders in gay culture

Culture? If Perez Hilton is regarded as a gay leader and cultural symbol, I think kids would be better staying in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 8901/07/2013

I guess he told him.

by Anonymousreply 9001/07/2013

No one knows or cares who this trash is. And Perez Hilton is a punchline.

This stuff is a big part of what is wrong with the entertainment industry today. These people should not have a national voice.

by Anonymousreply 9101/07/2013

So where was GLADD when Charlie Sheen made anti gay remarks recently? Where was glad when Shia LaBeouf called someone a faggot during a bar fight? Does GLADD only target certain people?

by Anonymousreply 9301/07/2013

R93, Charlie Sheen is rich. he probably donated them into silence.

by Anonymousreply 9501/07/2013

Ah! Hope it was worth it

by Anonymousreply 9601/07/2013

Straight fraus also hate lesbians

by Anonymousreply 9701/08/2013

" Dictator, Welfare Obama decreed it."

Aren't you late for your scheduled mall shooting, reichwing nutbag?

by Anonymousreply 9802/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!