Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tea Party Express bitch threatens to primary Sen. Chambliss in 2014 (VIDEO)

01/03/13

Tea Party Express Chairwoman Amy Kremer added her voice on Thursday to the growing chorus of conservatives warning that Sen. Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.) can expect a primary challenge from the right in 2014.

Kremer said on CNN that though the Tea Party Express hasn't yet decided which lawmakers it plans to target in 2014, the group is "going to be focusing on" a number of Senate races in the upcoming cycle.

She did not specify if the group would play a role in Chambliss's race, but predicted that he would be challenged when he's up for reelection two years from now.

Chambliss was one of a majority of Republican senators to vote earlier this week for the "fiscal cliff" bill, which sought to avoid tax increases and budget cuts. Kremer expressed frustration that he wasn't conservative enough.

"The Tea Party Express, we haven't decided anything at this point, but I can tell you I live in the state of Georgia and Saxby Chambliss is going to be primaried. Our own senator. It's unacceptable to have somebody who votes with the Democrats more than they do with the conservatives, and he has proven time and time again he's all about the spending," she said.

"And we're a red state, we deserve a conservative senator, a conservative senator that would stand with [Sens.] Marco Rubio [R-Fla.] and Rand Paul [R-Ky.] and Mike Lee [R-Utah] who all voted 'no' for this bill," she added.

Chambliss has stoked the ire of the GOP grassroots in Georgia for his bipartisan work on issues ranging from immigration to reducing the debt, and he's expected to face a primary challenger, but no candidate has yet announced an official bid.

by Anonymousreply 1201/06/2013

See, therein lies the problem. The member os Congress who aren't extreme enough get "primaried." That's what happened to Sen. Lugar who was a solid moderate Republican from Indiana. We really need, especially in the House, to figure out how to neutralize the so-called "weakened" Tea Party in the gerrymandered districts or we will fight the same damned fights every single time.

by Anonymousreply 101/05/2013

R1, isn't it good for the Democrats when they pickup seats because the GOP nominates someone who is too far right for the voters?

by Anonymousreply 201/05/2013

People are wising up to the teapot's ironic bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 301/05/2013

It would be good if the Dems could take the Georgia seat. Hopefully the Tea Party will cause their usual chaos.

by Anonymousreply 401/05/2013

What kind of power do they have when their representatives are voted out of congress and senate one by one? They are dying a very slow death and boy, do I like to watch while drinking a nice red wine.

by Anonymousreply 501/05/2013

Perhaps Amy Kremer needs to ask Senators Christopher Coons, Claire McCaskill, and Joe Donnelly how well that's worked in the past.

by Anonymousreply 601/05/2013

I'm hoping she goes ahead with it!

by Anonymousreply 701/06/2013

I hope she does. Tea Party Republican candidates got their ass handed to them this year. The more they challenge, the more seats they give to Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 801/06/2013

R8, not sure if this would be a seat handed to dems, sadly GA is firmly in the red at this point. Chambliss is vile and I would love to see him go but not with the seat going to someone ultra conservative and crazy. The idiots down here would probably vote repub no matter who the candidate is.

by Anonymousreply 901/06/2013

R9, back in 2008 the vote in Georgia was fairly close in the Senate race - it even had to go to a runoff, so Chambliss doesn't win by overwhelming margins. A split in the Republican Party in Georgia could allow a strong Democratic candidate to win.

And the DSSC could send Bill Clinton down to Georgia to campaign for whoever the nominee is since Bill won Georgia in 1992.

by Anonymousreply 1001/06/2013

We need progressive primary challengers in both parties for every seat in Congress in 2014. The Republican ones will have signed a secret progressive pledge and we will try to win by asking the unions the week before the election to ask their members to vote for them. There are so few voters in the primaries that we could take over both parties that way and force them to the left. After all, isn't that what the right-wing did to the Democrats? Wasn't the DLC really just a republican stealth attempt to capture our party?

by Anonymousreply 1101/06/2013

And isn't the Tea Party itself just a conspiracy by libertarian billionaires?

by Anonymousreply 1201/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.