Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

O’Reilly: Asians not liberal ‘by nature’ because they’re ‘industrious and hard-working’ (VIDEO)

Friday, January 4, 2013

Thursday on Fox News Channel’s “The O’Reilly Factor,” host Bill O’Reilly and producer Jesse Watters engaged in a discussion of the changing demographics of the U.S. and noted, with puzzlement, that many Asian-Americans are voting Democratic. According to Media Matters, O’Reilly suggested that this is surprising because “Asian people are not liberal, you know, by nature.”

This discussion opened with the two men talking about the state of Hawaii, which they claim is rife with homeless people because of “addiction” and because, O’Reilly said, “they don’t enforce the drug laws.”

“But you know what’s shocking?” he continued, “35 percent of the Hawaiian population is Asian, and Asian people are not liberal, you know, by nature. They’re usually more industrious and hard-working.”

“But they did vote for President Obama,” said Watters.

“Big time,” O’Reilly agreed.

O’Reilly’s views on race have landed him in hot water before, such as the time he incredulously informed his radio listening audience that he had gone to dine at Sylvia’s, an upscale soul food restaurant in Harlem, and was shocked to find the patrons sitting upright at tables and eating with silverware.

“I couldn’t get over the fact that there was no difference between Sylvia’s restaurant and any other restaurant in New York City,” he said in September of 2007. “There wasn’t one person in Sylvia’s who was screaming, ‘M-Fer, I want more iced tea.’”

by Anonymousreply 2301/05/2013

How would he know?

by Anonymousreply 101/05/2013

Ignore him and he'll go away.

by Anonymousreply 201/05/2013

When is he just going to start wearing a Klans hat?

by Anonymousreply 301/05/2013

Ed Schultz had George Takei on last night to talk about it. As anything George does, it was kind of awesome. I'm still looking for the video, but in the meantime, enjoy this casual racism clip from The Daily Show.

by Anonymousreply 401/05/2013

I am shocked, shocked that Bill O'Reilly said something stupid.

by Anonymousreply 501/05/2013

And who would have thought that having a black president would set back race-relations in the USA by 100 years...

by Anonymousreply 601/05/2013

Here's George with Ed.

by Anonymousreply 701/05/2013

He is SUCH an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 801/05/2013

Looks like O'Reilly has learned nothing from the election.

Does he really want to keep driving racial minorities away from the Republican Party?

by Anonymousreply 901/05/2013

Bill O'Reilly is like every one of my drunken, asshole Irish uncles.

by Anonymousreply 1001/05/2013

Thats what surprises me R9. Not surprised some ring winger has stupid racists sentiments, but do they not realize that this kind of talk is what scares away moderates, young people and minorities away from the Republican Party? You know, that coalition that just kicked their ass in the last election.

But let them keep talking I say.

by Anonymousreply 1101/05/2013

So typical of a blue collar Irish guy who grew up on the east coast. Believes in stereotypes. Had he spent any time on the west coast and/or Hawaii he'd know how laid back the people of Hawaii really are. Long Island never had neighborhoods of established Asian communities like you'll find all over California. Most Asians in the New York area are recent imports with accents and for years they lived around places like Flushing. It's usually guys like this who have an Asian fetish. In their minds, any cultural values are viewed as superior to the alcoholic clans they hail from. He's a simpleton and so very predictable.

by Anonymousreply 1201/05/2013

Bill could say the same thing about West Indians. Remember the guy on "In Living Color?"

by Anonymousreply 1301/05/2013

I've known plenty of nonacademic, lazy and homely asian girls who relied on Bill's beliefs to score (temporarily) white guys so out of their league in the looks department in areas with low asian populations. These men were usually Irish or Italian/Irish mixes who despise their lazy mothers. Blue collar east coasters are usually the victims of this hype. We all know at least one of these cases.

by Anonymousreply 1401/05/2013

I'm still trying to get over his "shock" at visiting Sylvia's restaurant in Harlem, reporting back that the patrons were "well behaved"?

No cries of "Yo, muthafucka, MORE bread!" and such.

by Anonymousreply 1501/05/2013

[quote]I've known plenty of nonacademic, lazy and homely asian girls who relied on Bill's beliefs to score (temporarily) white guys so out of their league in the looks department in areas with low asian populations.

by Anonymousreply 1601/05/2013

What r12 said

by Anonymousreply 1701/05/2013

[quote]half breed kid

Aren't you charming?

by Anonymousreply 1901/05/2013

How I love DL: leave it to posters here to use O'Reilly's racist rant as an opportunity to bash Irish-Americans, the white working class, AND Asian-American women.

You're... beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 2001/05/2013

What he said was VERYinsulting to all of us here in Hawaii.

He implies that police do not enforce laws. That hookers parade their wares on Kalakau. Drug laws are ignored, we are in deep financial debt and homelessness is rampant.

All because we are a liberal, Democratic state.

Well fuck you asswipe. Homeless exists nationwide. We are digging out of a financial crisis caused by Republicans and Bush, and shots of young girls in short skirts doesn't mean they are hookers.

I know we are a small island a zillion miles away but insult us as a whipping boy for liberals and Democats is very shitty.

Democrats and liberals have given us mandatory, employer provided health coverage and coverage for the less fortunate among many other life encouraging programs.

He went way over the line on this.

by Anonymousreply 2101/05/2013

Bill was being ironic with the Sylvia's example. That's an Irish thing. Then again New York Irish and African Americans have had their share of issues. In one of his books, BR claims he didn't learn racism from his parents...I find that hard to believe.

As for Asians,Bill is married to one isn't he? I remember reading that Chinese immigrants do take advantage of the social welfare system relative to most Hispanics that come here.Asians like many new immigrants are hard working but perceive the Democrats to be more welcoming regarding their presence, whereas the other party is not!

by Anonymousreply 2201/05/2013

R11, when you think everyone of one race IS EXACTLY the same you think that everyone else is just as racist as you are. The funny thing is that they don't think that they are racist because they manage to only say the N word in front of their closest buddies.

by Anonymousreply 2301/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!