Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Fatty here afraid of losing weight and gaining loose skin

If I lose 100 pounds slowly AND lift weights several times a week AND eat a lot of protein AND use lots of coco butter on my body, will I still have loose skin?

Loose skin is disgusting, it weighs more than fat, and insurance won't pay for the surgery.

by Anonymousreply 1501/05/2013

100 lbs isn't that much. you won't look scary without surgery.

Two other things to help the loose skin--1) dont smoke or quit first, 2) lots of green vegetable smoothies...improves collagen.

you won't know what you'll look like and how various areas will bounce back or not until you lose the weight. so do that and cross the next bridge when you come to it. you want to give the weight loss some time to settle and to show you can maintain your weight before jumping into surgery anyway. so you're years away from that decision--and when you do, finance it. you can pay for it like a credit card. i can't think of a better credit thing to default on that surgery on your bod, they can't take that back or make you sell it!

by Anonymousreply 101/04/2013

100 lbs? Dear OP, you could take the extra skin and make a matching set of luggage.

by Anonymousreply 201/05/2013

If you end up looking like a flying squirrel you can just eat yourself fat again.

by Anonymousreply 301/05/2013

There's no way of knowing, but you CAN give yourself the best chances by doing the things you mentioned...except "eating a lot of protein" is pretty generic. You need to use what, when, and how much you eat in a way that works well with your physical activities. To retain maximum muscle tissue, you're going to need some simple carbs unless you are currently trying to follow some kind of protein diet book that corresponds to your situation (I can't recommend that, but by all means). Obviously, go for the vegetable carbs first.

by Anonymousreply 401/05/2013

*Simple or complex

by Anonymousreply 501/05/2013

Have you seen the loose skin on these former fatties? I might prefer obesity to that.

by Anonymousreply 601/05/2013

are you able to reach and wipe? Do you have major stink? Do you infected rash?

by Anonymousreply 701/05/2013

Would eating orange or purple vegetables help OP?

by Anonymousreply 801/05/2013

I've lost 60 pounds, and my skin has pretty much bounced back. They key is losing it slowly and working out as you lose weight. Will I ever be a swimsuit model? Nope. I still have a way to go, but I'm overall satisfied with how my body is bouncing back. Good luck, OP!

by Anonymousreply 901/05/2013

You'll have lose skin for a while, how long depends on how old you are.

by Anonymousreply 1001/05/2013

DL regular charlie will know this one and will probably be of good help, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1101/05/2013

Jesus, one thing at a time. Lose 10 lbs first and see how it feels.

And put down that fuckin Papa Johns pizza. I don't care how many free toppings he throws on.

by Anonymousreply 1201/05/2013

There is still fat underneath that skin, which is why it remains. OP is still in weight loss mode.

by Anonymousreply 1301/05/2013

OP, try a collagen supplement. Not creams but pills or powder daily. Collagen is responsible for the elasticity in our skin among other things, so it will help. It takes about two -four weeks for you to notice a difference, but you must take it every single day. Take vitamins too.

And yes, exercise. A combination of weights, resistance, and aerobics. It is important for you to stay oxygenated which aerobic exercises and yoga and pilates do for you, as well as hydrated (water).

Get enough sleep in addition to what you are already doing. Don't drink alcohol. It will counteract all the good things you do. A glass of wine should suffice. Eat lots of veggies and stay away from processed foods.

by Anonymousreply 1401/05/2013

You're all forgetting the crucial factor - AGE.

If you're young, say under 25, maybe 30, your bod could bounce back. I've seen it happen. You won't likely have a super-defined look but your skin should be elastic enough to avoid the sagginess.

If you're old - forget it. I've always been slim and trim but after 50 there's sag. No way around it except surgery and that doesn't really look right.

by Anonymousreply 1501/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.