Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Quentin Tarantino

Does he suffer from some sort of disorder than makes his chin and nose and forehead so pointed (like acromegaly), or is he just really ugly and that's all there is to it?

Also, why do people in Hollywood like him so much (not his films, but the man himself) when he's so obnoxious and motormouthed?

by Anonymousreply 4301/08/2013

Somebody needs to tell him he shouldn't cast himself in his movies..

by Anonymousreply 101/04/2013

If you dont like him go see Django Unchained to watch his character get blown up into a thousand pieces.

by Anonymousreply 201/04/2013

It won't, r2, because he really won't be blown to pieces; it will just be simulated on the screen.

by Anonymousreply 301/04/2013

I saw it he didn't look like a gunslinger but someone who lived in his mother's basement in 2013...

by Anonymousreply 401/04/2013

I don't see where Hollywood likes him so much.

by Anonymousreply 501/04/2013

r5, Hollywood likes him because he as a certain obsessive fan base who skew younger.

A "Tarantino film" means specific criteria with a built-in fanbase.

It makes it easier to budget, schedule, and promote.

by Anonymousreply 701/04/2013

r6, all of which will be irrelevant if he is a known quantity at the BO. How many Hollywood types really like anyone but themselves? I always think that place is devoid of real interactions that don't involve status or advantage.

I saw him on the directors roundtable, and I thought he was subdued until everyone keyed in on him.

As much as Vincent Gallo is a crazy asshole himself, I think he was right about Tarantino.

by Anonymousreply 801/04/2013

R8, what did Gallo say about QT?

by Anonymousreply 901/04/2013

What did Vincent Gallo say about Tarantino?

by Anonymousreply 1001/04/2013

So is he on a lot of coke or is he just the most annoying person who ever lived?

by Anonymousreply 1101/04/2013

r11, I've heard it's a combo. He's naturally hyper, but the coke puts it in overdrive.

I've also heard he's sensitive about any criticism of his films. He doesn't react too much in interviews, because he wants to look cool, but off camera he's touchy.

by Anonymousreply 1201/04/2013

[quote]Does he suffer from some sort of disorder than makes his chin and nose and forehead so pointed (like acromegaly), or is he just really ugly and that's all there is to it?

I think he was born looking like Punchinello -- and making people want to punch him.

by Anonymousreply 1301/04/2013

One thing I've never understood is the critics' reaction to him. Every one of his movies does incredibly well (at least above 90%) with the critics on rotten tomatoes, enough so that you'd think he'd be classed with Martin Scorsese or at least Wes Anderson. But then when he's not got a new film out, critics tend to dismiss him as producing a kind of ready-made brand, as if they've seen it all before. But then another film comes out, and they go crazy over it all over again.

It's like they like him for two weeks after his films come out, but in the abstract they dismiss him as gratuitously violent and predictable.

by Anonymousreply 1401/04/2013

Gay, right? I have never paid much attention to him.

by Anonymousreply 1501/04/2013

Straight. Into Asian girls. Major foot fetish and doesn't keep it a secret.

by Anonymousreply 1601/04/2013

FWIW He has an incredibly wide ass/hips thing going on. Beyond womanly.

by Anonymousreply 1801/04/2013

Huge huge huge huge cokehead. Other drugs, too.

by Anonymousreply 1901/04/2013

Classic BDF.

by Anonymousreply 2001/04/2013

I don't know why you old ladies around here get so upset over QT.

He's made some really excellent films.

by Anonymousreply 2101/04/2013

I agree there's quality but his work makes me physically sick and after three films I've washed my hands of him. It's like putting up with a willfully gross but gifted adolescent.

by Anonymousreply 2201/04/2013

Actually, he's not much uglier than Ethan Hawke or Sean Penn.

by Anonymousreply 2301/05/2013

I never understood the hype about him. "Pulp Fiction" was great, but that was it.

by Anonymousreply 2401/05/2013

r20 would be woefully mistaken.

The star-fucking slut who exposed sex with Quentin Tarantino said his penis is short and squat.

[quote] She made out with him, took sexy pictures in a photo booth, and watched him whip out his "short," "fat," "nub-like" penis. She then had foot fetish quasi-sex with him, she claims.

by Anonymousreply 2501/05/2013

How huge, r19?

Bigger than Michael Bay?

by Anonymousreply 2601/05/2013

IIRC, it was something along the lines of his movies are all really one movie because he steals large parts of obscure foreign B movies, adds 59 "fuck"s, a ton of blood and a cool soundtrack.

by Anonymousreply 2701/05/2013

oops, r27 is referencing r9 re: Gallo quote.

by Anonymousreply 2801/05/2013

He definitely suffers from asshole-ism and narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 2901/05/2013

Briggette Fonda callrd him the nicest man in hollywood

by Anonymousreply 3001/05/2013

Look who her Dad, Aunt, and Grandfather are...

she's been surrounded by assholes her whole life.

She doesn't know any better.

by Anonymousreply 3101/05/2013

[quote]I never understood the hype about him. "Pulp Fiction" was great, but that was it.

Kill Bill? Inglourious Basterds? Those were fantastic. Whatever his personal faults, he's created some stunning work.

by Anonymousreply 3201/05/2013

"Created" is a debatable word.

I prefer, "stole" and "cut and pasted".

by Anonymousreply 3301/05/2013

I don't get all the love for Tarantino either.

All the violence is cartoonish and gets repetitive. It is as if he figures if he throws in enough dead bodies people won't notice that the stories are kind of thin and gimmicky.

by Anonymousreply 3401/05/2013

Has anyone else noticed his movies are just one drawn out music video? Themes of blacks and jews having revenge? He's odd looking and I suspect he spent his teens years on the couch watching nothing but VH1 and MTV. I get an Aspie vibe off of him. I also suspect he was playing gory video games day in and day out. An outcast who lived in a fantasy land. He appeals to others who also grew up lonely and isolated. If someone is a fan of him, it tells me a lot about how they've spent their formative years. Tarantino and Adam Lanza belong in the same category but QT expresses his angst in film making.

by Anonymousreply 3501/05/2013

Guess his fans don't wanna touch this.

by Anonymousreply 3601/08/2013

Jesus, R35, speculate much?

by Anonymousreply 3701/08/2013

My favorite film of his is Jackie Brown. I think it's his best film, too.

by Anonymousreply 3801/08/2013

I can tolerate seeing one of his films every few years, with the exception of the self-adoring "Pulp Fiction".

Maybe I'll see "Django" in a few years.

by Anonymousreply 3901/08/2013

R35, you can't see the Aspie factor in Quentin? He's not normal, whatever he suffers from. He seems like he'd be a loyal friend and I bet that's why Hollywood people love him. He's not a genius, though.

by Anonymousreply 4001/08/2013

I bet Tarantino has a lot more friends than r35.

And there are not enough "lonely and isolated" people in the world to account for most of the multi-billion dollar success and popularity of Tarantino's movies.

Jealous hater much?

by Anonymousreply 4101/08/2013

I saw him walking down Bleecker Street one day, alone, muttering to himself.

by Anonymousreply 4201/08/2013

I agree R38.

by Anonymousreply 4301/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!