Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Who will be the first female POTUS?

And will it be before 2020?

by Anonymousreply 6001/05/2013

Likely none of the above, but possibly Warren.

by Anonymousreply 101/04/2013

Honey Boo Boo

by Anonymousreply 201/04/2013

How about Gillibrand?

by Anonymousreply 301/04/2013

Gillibrand has potential, but she isn't known outside of New York and she would be considered too left-wing.

Warren is better known than Gillibrand, but would face some of the same problems.

Hillary is the only one with a national profile among the Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 401/04/2013

Gillibrand is a lot younger than Warren.

by Anonymousreply 601/04/2013

Gillibrand is hot.

by Anonymousreply 701/04/2013

Brad Pitt

by Anonymousreply 801/04/2013

[quote]Gillibrand is a lot younger than Warren.

She's a decade younger, yes, but Gillibrand's future depends not on her age but on whether she can build a base outside of New York.

by Anonymousreply 901/04/2013

Hillary would be a horrible President. She has the utter need to surround herself with loyalists. She couldn't manage her campaign now we find out she didn't manager the State Department well. And people are considering handing her the keys to the White House. Some divine force-please help us now. I think Gillibrand would be good but Warren would be perfect.

by Anonymousreply 1001/04/2013

R9 - New York is a huge state, and Gillibrand is more like 2 decades younger than Warren.

by Anonymousreply 1101/04/2013

R10, your routine about Hillary is getting old.

by Anonymousreply 1201/04/2013

Amy Klobuchar, you bitches!

by Anonymousreply 1301/04/2013

The truth never gets old.

by Anonymousreply 1401/04/2013

I hope Susan Rice runs and makes Hillary Clinton think the 2008 Democratic Primary was a walk in the park. She's brilliant and her legacy doesn't deserve to be a casualty of Hillary's ambition.

by Anonymousreply 1501/04/2013

I know someone who knows her. She is a policy wonk and doesn't have the thick skin to be a politician. She speaks the truth just like Sammatha Powers.

by Anonymousreply 1601/04/2013

I meant Sammatha Powell.

by Anonymousreply 1701/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 1801/05/2013

That's a joke, right, R15?

by Anonymousreply 1901/05/2013

Kamala Harris

by Anonymousreply 2001/05/2013

Sorry Beyoncé- you are really stupid and your songs will have such a short shelf life.

by Anonymousreply 2101/05/2013

I don't think Sibelius has had a chance to really shine on her own and let the public get a chance to hear her or know her. She's very impressive. I do think a woman who gets elected governor will stand a better chance. My personal pick is Sibelius.

But honestly, If Chris Christie decides to run for President in 2016 and his numbers are what they are today, after he slammed the GOP Congress and told them "Shame on you" on live TV, he will win. They'll have to find the Taft bathtub.

by Anonymousreply 2201/05/2013

I hate the use of "POTUS".

Just say "President" and everyone will know what you're talking about.

POTUS wasn't used outside official circles before "The West Wing" and anyone using it now looks desperate to be "in" when they're just easily influenced by network television.

There. Got that off my chest.

You may proceed.

by Anonymousreply 2301/05/2013

[quote]Hillary would be a horrible President. She has the utter need

Mysoginist!! What does being female have to do with needing or wanting utters??!!

by Anonymousreply 2401/05/2013

Snookie, because she would be smart enough to get the right financial powerhouses on her side to become their mouth piece and still be a media darling, like Sarah Palin.

by Anonymousreply 2501/05/2013

R22, Christie is too fat to run. It would be a health issue. People aren't going to vote for someone who is going to have a heart attack as President.

When you are several hundred pounds the medical evidence shows you are more likely to get heart disease, heart attacks and other medical problems.

by Anonymousreply 2601/05/2013

Selibeus and Christie won't win. Voters need to feel comfortable and wanting to welcome the President into their homes for the next four years. President have to have some semblance of average attractiveness and charisma. Christie was polling very low before Hurricane Sandy. His speech at the Rethug convention was panned because it was so narcissistic in the number of "I" contained in the speech. The DC-NY political corridor think he is so refreshing. Christie just needs an enema.

Selibeus always seems to be narcoleptic.

by Anonymousreply 2701/05/2013

No one knows who Sebelius is other than those of us who follow politics.

She has the lowest-name recognition of anyone mentioned on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 2801/05/2013

My money's still on Gillibrand. Her margin of victory was even higher than Obama's in New York this year, and she's been making some very strategic moves that make me think she's got designs on either Senate leadership or the White House. She was slotted to take a seat on the Banking Committee, but insisted that it go to Elizabeth Warren instead, which was a rare combination of both decency and good politics. She's also been very vocal about encouraging more women to run for office.

Frankly, I know I'm a fanboy, but if the primary was being held tomorrow, about the only person I'd even consider voting for over her is Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 2901/05/2013

Elaine Stritch

by Anonymousreply 3001/05/2013

Gillibrand is supporting Hillary for 2016 at this point.

by Anonymousreply 3101/05/2013

And if Hillary ends up as the nominee, I will be proud to vote for her too. But right now, Gillibrand is my pick.

But I will say that if we get four more years of Republican idiocy on women's rights, even if the Democrats end up with a man at the top to the ticket, they will damn well be picking a woman Vice President. If it ends up being someone from the East Coast like Martin O'Malley or Andrew Cuomo, it'll be Amy Klobuchar. If it's someone from the midwest, south, or west coast, it'll be Gillibrand.

by Anonymousreply 3201/05/2013

R31 Ofcourse that is what she has to say. As the book game change revealed Chuck Schummer was urging Obama to run in 2007. Reid and Pelosi were urging Obama to run even though infront of the cameras they were supporting Hillary. Reid and other democrats dissed Hillary after she lost the primary. Hillary was looking for something to work on in the Senate upon her return but got a frosty reception. Reid reminded her that she was a junior Senator so she would not be heading any committee if Obama became President. And the ailing Ted Kennedy told her to forget about trying to be the liaison on healthcare reform.

Strangely she has more Republicans Senators who are her friends than Democrats. That should tell the voters something.

by Anonymousreply 3301/05/2013

R33, most of what you are stating is ancient history now and a lot has changed since then, dear.

Try to keep up.

by Anonymousreply 3401/05/2013

2008 is ancient history. And the feelings of the Senators are still true. Notice no Democratic Senator came to her defense during the Benghazi crisis. Pelosi gave the same worded support of a Hillary 2016 run as she did in 2008. McCain and Graham were her only vocal supports and that is the reason why they took their ire out on Susan Rice to get to Obama.

If she runs and Democratic party will support her because they want to win not because they believe she would be a great President.

by Anonymousreply 3501/05/2013

Anyone but Hillary "DOMA Girl" Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 3601/05/2013

Most famous women won't admit to being 35, so that leaves them out.

by Anonymousreply 3701/05/2013

"Most famous women won't admit to being 35"

I'm secure enough to admit that I am 35.

by Anonymousreply 3801/05/2013

Maria Cantwell. Love her.

by Anonymousreply 3901/05/2013

Gillibrand's voice would turn off voters just like Christie's weight would.

by Anonymousreply 4001/05/2013

Shame that Jennifer Granholm is precluded from running by virtue of being born in Canada. I think she has the right mix of experience, familiarity to the electorate and media savvy that she would be a serious contender.

by Anonymousreply 4101/05/2013

Rebel Wilson

by Anonymousreply 4201/05/2013

R41 - agreed. She's also telegenic.

by Anonymousreply 4301/05/2013

R10, shows you how much you know about Hillary Clinton- she surrounds herself with the brightest people with the fanciest resumes she can get at any given point- just like Bill.

by Anonymousreply 4401/05/2013

Gillibrand & Pelosi have both endorsed Hillary for 2016, and the applicable video clips can be uploaded here if more confirmation is required.

The 2016 nomination is Hillary's as long as she wants it. If she doesn't, then it becomes open to all.

by Anonymousreply 4501/05/2013

I think health problems will hamper Hilary. This could open the door to Elizabth Warren.

by Anonymousreply 4601/05/2013

[quote]I know someone who knows her.

Knows who? There are a dozen women named in the OP.

by Anonymousreply 4701/05/2013

The fabulous Gabby Giffords

by Anonymousreply 4801/05/2013

Hillary Clinton is a remarkable woman with an incredible work ethic. Nobody can ever claim that she hasn't rightfully claimed her place in the history books; however, the willful ignorance of her fangurls is embarrassing.

FACT: Hillary's reliance on inept loyalists derailed her campaign for POTUS in 2008. Internal problems were brought to her attention numerous times, but she refused to tell her team to get their shit together. Hillary, understandably, tends to be a bit paranoid about the motives of others, but she's also wishy-washy and easily persuaded.

FACT: Hillary might be the most-traveled Secretary of State, but her achievements are fairly unimpressive. The only thing that distinguishes her from UN Goodwill Ambassadors like Angelina Jolie is her brilliant mind. Otherwise, they're both celebrities who have had a negligible impact on international affairs. Also, Bhengazi aside, her leadership at the State Department has been characteristically hands off, and yet again she's had her legacy tarnished because of it.

It isn't like Obama, the Bushes, Bill et al. have been exceptional leaders, so Hillary would likely be as effective as any of them if she were elected POTUS. However, she's not infallible and it's ridiculous to shout down anyone who points out her weaknesses; which are common knowledge amongst the elites of public policy and international affairs. And I'm sorry, but a person who has failed some notable tests of leadership deserves to have her competence questioned.

by Anonymousreply 4901/05/2013

R46, Elizabeth Warren just got sworn in as Senator this week. 2016 is too soon for her to run for President.

by Anonymousreply 5001/05/2013

R51 - Barack Obama became senator in early 2005.

by Anonymousreply 5101/05/2013

[quote] And I'm sorry, but a person who has failed some notable tests of leadership deserves to have her competence questioned.

Well, we spent doubting Obama's competence for 4 years and we still voted for him.

by Anonymousreply 5201/05/2013

Gillibrand will never be president because she has the voice of a 7 year old girl.

by Anonymousreply 5301/05/2013

But Obama is a great campaigner and has managed two amazing campaigns. What has Hillary run successfully?

I can't believe gays supporting her. She said, with a straight face, at a 2008 LBGT forum that it was the gay community' fault for DOMA.

Oh, where are the Bosnia' airplanes pelting her with bullets as she landed on ran for her life on the tarmac. Oh, the video showed the exact opposite. Bill and Hillary are brilliant but pathological liars.

by Anonymousreply 5401/05/2013

Marcy Kaptur - love her.

by Anonymousreply 5501/05/2013

Amy Klobuchar

by Anonymousreply 5601/05/2013

[quote]What has Hillary run successfully?

You are right. She is a failure. And Obama never lies.

by Anonymousreply 5701/05/2013

Duh. Michelle Obama.

by Anonymousreply 5801/05/2013

"But Obama is a great campaigner and has managed two amazing campaigns. What has Hillary run successfully?"

What has Obama run successfully?

by Anonymousreply 5901/05/2013

Obama has been too busy clean up the messes of Clinton and Bush. From the Financial Meltdown that started with Clinton breaking Glas Stegall, DADT, pushing back on DOMA, the Iraq war with the chemical weapons lie started in the Clinton Admin., Healthcare reform which Hillary failed at, Osama Bin Laden which Clinton only threw a few bombs his way to distract from stuffing Lewinsky' pussy with a cigar and so many disasters Bill and Dubya started.

by Anonymousreply 6001/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!