Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Constance McCashin was such an under-rated actress.

She was the Pamela Bellwood and Susan Howard of Knots...the best actress on the show who was always took a backseat to the flasher, "look at me act" co-stars. She brought a lot of depth to what could've been a throwaway character, certainly more than Raccoon Eyes, Pollyanna, or the Village Idiot ever did to their roles. They should never have fired her after eight loyal years. Knots was never interesting after she left.

by Anonymousreply 501/07/2013

Raccoon Eyes! I think not!

by Anonymousreply 101/04/2013

OP!!! You're truly too kind! Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad I brought such joy to your life.

Raccoon Eyes did get a lot of undeserved praise, but at least she brought some fans to the show. But I couldn't stand how she would get her stink all over horse hung Shackleford.

Pollyanna was passable, but looked like a fool trying to act next to the divine Mizz Julie Harris. But I couldn't stand how she would get her stink all over tripod Shackleford.

The Village Idiot thought she was the shit, but she should have had an ass the size of Kansas with all the scenery she chewed. She got her stink all over micro meat Dobson and his plugs, but I was A-OK with that.

by Anonymousreply 201/05/2013

Connie, you were a superior Pyramid player back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 301/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 401/07/2013

Honestly, you haven't watched much "Dallas" to say THAT about Susan Howard !! Linda Gray's Sue Ellen Ewqing could simply shoot JR "a look" - that did much more damage than bullets ever did.

Out of all the female actresses Linda Gray had the "heavy lifting" - making Sue Ellen's drunken sprees look sad and desperate instead of silly and stupid, while Howard's Donna had the simple task of taking the moral high ground in every story arc. Even Victoria Principal's limited talent managed to make Pam Ewing charming and even interesting as Bobby's Juliet-like true love, while Donna was as boring as watching paint dry most of the time.

Susan Howard was lucky to have been friends with the producer or that role wouldn't have lasted as long as it did.

by Anonymousreply 501/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!