Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Heart: Magic Man.

From 1976. After watching Ann and Nancy Wilson pay tribute to Led Zep with an epic version of "Stairway To Heaven" at the Kennedy Honors, I went looking for some Heart stuff on Youtube.

Found this live version of Magic Man with one of the many lineups of the band from the past. Ann is petite while the crotchal area of the lead guitarist is big and full to overflowing and it is flowing down the left pant leg. Mesmerizing.

That full basket belongs to Ann's boyfriend at the time, Roger Fisher. Well, he was her BF until she looked over her shoulder and spotted the hirsute drummer and promptly dropped Roger for him. Roger's brother was going with sister Nancy at that time too. (H/T to "Behind The Music.)

by Anonymousreply 10202/15/2014

Here is the tribute to Led Zep.

by Anonymousreply 101/04/2013

Wow, the bulge on that guy is amazing! Cock on his left, balls on his right. Guess that was the only way to fit it all!

by Anonymousreply 201/04/2013

A little trivia: the lead guitarist for the Kennedy Honors Band is Shane Fontayne, an ex-husband of Mackenzie Phillips and the Father of her son.

by Anonymousreply 301/04/2013

Love her!

Oh this is who I should have used for the "Comeback" thread!

by Anonymousreply 401/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 501/04/2013

Great song. Great Led Zeppelin-influenced rock. Ann and Nancy are treasures. That bulge is amazing too. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 601/04/2013

Holy fuck, that was good. Thanks for posting, R1.

by Anonymousreply 701/04/2013

Love this song but they have sung it much, much better. This was kind of palid without any heat.

by Anonymousreply 801/04/2013

What's amazing is that the guitarist with the tight pants is dressed like Luke Skywalker--yet Star Wars would not be released until the following year!

by Anonymousreply 901/04/2013

Wow, between that basket and the awesome rendition of "Stairway" I'm left speechless. Thanks, OP!

by Anonymousreply 1001/04/2013

The Led Zep tribute was flawless.

by Anonymousreply 1101/04/2013

Heart is only just now being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Madonna and the Beastie Boys made it in before they did.

by Anonymousreply 1201/04/2013

Nancy Wilson is a lesbian!

by Anonymousreply 1301/04/2013

When you find yourself wondering what money can do, just say, "Beastie Boys."

by Anonymousreply 1501/04/2013

FUAD R14, you are an asshole. Ann Wilson is an amazing singer and it doesn't matter one bit how fat or thin she is, LeAnn Rimes-Cibrian.

by Anonymousreply 1601/04/2013

Ann Wilso could still blow any other female singer off the stage. Brilliant voice.

by Anonymousreply 1701/04/2013

Why did Cameron and Nancy break up? According to wiki, the divorce was finalized in 2010.

by Anonymousreply 1801/04/2013

Aargh! Wilson, that is.

by Anonymousreply 1901/04/2013

Many years ago in an interview Jimmy Page said he wished there had been a way he could have given Ann Stairway to Heaven first.

by Anonymousreply 2001/04/2013

I'd like to know too, r18. They seemed to have a pretty solid, mutually supportive marriage. I was really sad to see that they didn't make it.

by Anonymousreply 2101/04/2013

and a tribute to Heart. Normally I cringe when I hear someone cover Heart. Ann's voice just can't be beat or even matched. This however comes as close as any other female will get.

by Anonymousreply 2201/04/2013

As much as I loved "Never", the only other 80's Heart song that stood out was "This Man Is Mine". This was more jazz rock leaning R&B. You hardly hear it played on radio now.

by Anonymousreply 2301/04/2013

R23, unfortunately you didn't hear it much on the radio then, either. It was a flop.

by Anonymousreply 2401/04/2013

Roger Fisher was never Ann Wilson's boyfriend. Ann Wilson's "Magic Man" was Mike Fisher, Roger's brother. She was in a band with Roger; Roger's brother Michael came to visit him, and that's how they met. It was "love at first sight for both of us", said Ann.

Mike Fisher was a draft dodger; Ann followed him to Canada, which is where Heart got its first following. Ann asked Nancy to come to Canada and maybe be part of the band. Nancy got there and Roger Fisher "made a beeline" for her, according to Ann. Nancy at first wasn't interested, but he was persistent and eventually she "caved in" to his advances. It was a cozy arrangement; two brothers involved with two sisters. But in time it blew up.

Roger was a druggie who was unfaithful to Nancy. She got tired of this, and became attracted to the band's drummer. Roger's behavior became more hostile and erratic and finally he was kicked out of the band.

Ann's relationship with Mike Fisher ended after nine years. He became involved with another woman, and that ended it.

Ann never married. Nancy married Cameron Crowe and they stayed married a long time, but ended up divorcing. The Wilson sisters were both infertile (infertility runs in their family). Ann adopted two children. Nancy had twin boys via a surrogate. Their former lovers were anything but infertile. Roger Fisher has six children. Mike Fisher has ELEVEN.

by Anonymousreply 2501/04/2013

Best YouTube comment:

[quote]Looks like he stuffed his lightsaber down his jock.

by Anonymousreply 2601/04/2013

What's with the audience? Some of them are sitting inches from the stage Ruth their backs to the group. Seems like a strange thing to allow while taping a TV special.

by Anonymousreply 2701/04/2013

Thanks for the corrections, r25. I got my Wilson sisters and Fisher brothers mixed up. It's been a while since I saw that Behind The Music episode.

by Anonymousreply 2801/04/2013

My favorite later Heart hit was Nothin' at All

by Anonymousreply 2901/04/2013

I had a mad crush on Steve Fossen, the original bass player. Roger Fisher, schlong and all, was too scuzzy.

by Anonymousreply 3001/04/2013

Peter Grant (Led zep manager) once called Barracuda the "best Zeppelin song they never recorded". The guitar riffs in it are very Zeppelinesque.

Page and Plant had a lot of respect for the Wilsons, was glad to see them included in the KC tribute.

by Anonymousreply 3101/04/2013

John Paul Jones has played with Heart on stage.

by Anonymousreply 3201/04/2013

Heart = One of the finest rock bands ever. Ann and Nancy are two of the greatest talents in music. I have been a fan since 1976 (when I was 11). I am a gay man, but I think that the Wilson sisters are two of the sexiest women around. Not just back then, but today as well. Ann may have put on a few pounds, but I think she is still a world-class beauty. Astonishing live act. I met them years ago and they were the sweetest ladies you could ever meet. Total class act. Led Zeppelin may be the greatest rock group of all-time, but Heart is definitely right up there with them.

by Anonymousreply 3301/04/2013

Hate Zepp. LOVE Heart. And agree with your assessment of the Sisters Wilson, R33.

by Anonymousreply 3401/04/2013

Oh, yeah? Well what about Fanny?

by Anonymousreply 3501/04/2013

They owe a lot to Fanny.

by Anonymousreply 3601/04/2013

I watched one of those E true stories or something like that about Heart. It is so hard to believe that Ann felt she was ugly when she was younger. She was just so drop dead gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 3701/05/2013

Has any male vocalist (gay or not) ever covered Magic Man?

Could be brilliant. Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 3801/05/2013

r35/r36, I can't believe anyone else remembers or knew of Fanny. I had 3 of their albums and a t-shirt.

by Anonymousreply 3901/05/2013

Try try try to understand

It's a magic ham...

by Anonymousreply 4101/05/2013

Ann Wilson prefers lady hams.

by Anonymousreply 4201/10/2013

They're homophobic you know. The record company said they was lezzies and the girls quit the company.

by Anonymousreply 4301/10/2013

Just watch...and be amazed

by Anonymousreply 4401/10/2013

Please ignore the they say at the Zoo "Don't Feed the Animals".

by Anonymousreply 4501/10/2013

[quote]Why did Cameron and Nancy break up? According to wiki, the divorce was finalized in 2010.

Sham Scientology marriage.

by Anonymousreply 4601/10/2013

[quote] They're homophobic you know. The record company said they was lezzies and the girls quit the company.

The record company insinuated they were sleeping together. That's why they quit. So, not quite right there.

by Anonymousreply 4701/10/2013

There's something not so great about them, I saw them at the Beacon and the only song that moved me was Billy Steinberg's "Alone." The rest were meh, they really have a lot of shitty songs that were hits, never liked "Magic Man" - and the blonde girl just was ridiculous, half the time doing cliched rock moves the rest of the time looking bored.

by Anonymousreply 4801/10/2013

I don't know how you can wear pants like that, without underwear, and not wind up getting a hardon.

by Anonymousreply 4901/10/2013

Most of their late 80s stuff would sound awful if performed by someone else. I love "Stranded" (which is sung by Nancy, right?) and, of course, "If Looks Could Kill."

by Anonymousreply 5001/10/2013

Those pants were super tight. How did that guy in the white make it through the concert with popping a damn boner? Shit, it took 5 seconds of me watching him to fully inflate!

by Anonymousreply 5101/10/2013

[quote] The record company insinuated they were sleeping together. That's why they quit. So, not quite right there.

If the real thing don't do the trick...

by Anonymousreply 5201/10/2013

That was amazing, R22! Gretchen rocked that shit! Here's a cover of "Alone" by Christelle. This girl has some Ann-like pipes on her too! I'm seriously surprised she's not mainstream by now.

by Anonymousreply 5401/10/2013

These women are not gay at all and they have had women throwing themselves at them for decades.

I saw them interviewed on Joy Behar and was shocked at how boring they were. They seemed pleasant all right, but a little dissociated and dull. I was very disappointed, as I am a Heart fan but their complete lack of personality kind of turned me off.

by Anonymousreply 5501/10/2013

^Fuckin' bitch, R57!

by Anonymousreply 5701/10/2013

I have been wracking my brain trying to think of who that lead guitarist, Shane Fontayne, in the Kennedy Honors band reminds me of and it finally came to me.

He looks like Sheldon Cooper from "The Big Bang Theory." There is an episode where Penny takes Sheldon to buy a suit and the one he eventually gets is almost an exact copy of the one being worn by the guitar player.

by Anonymousreply 5801/10/2013

OP, that video was amazing. Some performers try to sing when they're fucked up. Often doesn't work but that was pretty much perfect.

by Anonymousreply 5901/10/2013

[quote]These women are not gay at all

Ha! Ha! I can't tell you how many times I've seen Ann with her girlfriend, Traci Pucci, around Seattle (whom she addresses as "schmaglet monkeyface" in the credits of the Lovemongers' "Here is Christmas CD." Schmaglet meaning "cuddly" in German.) And listen to Heart Alive in Seattle CD's Sister Wildrose. Then realize that the only lesbian bar in Seattle is called none other than The Wildrose.

Ann's gayness is an open secret in Seattle.

by Anonymousreply 6001/10/2013

I feel the whooshing of a fart I'm clenching here about to shart I stepped down earlier for a bite Left nothing but a chicken bone And my innards are about to blow Leaking last night's tuna casserole On my throne

Kung pao, pork sausage, and five chocolate scones I even ate a bowl of smelly moo shoo And now I push and moan and groan As I explode on my throne As I explode on the thro-o-o-one

by Anonymousreply 6201/11/2013

by Anonymousreply 6301/11/2013

Ann and her first gf, Sue Ennis, gazing lovingly into each others eyes.

by Anonymousreply 6401/11/2013

Total lez.

by Anonymousreply 6501/11/2013

Stop bad mouthing the woman.

by Anonymousreply 6601/11/2013

[quote]Stop bad mouthing the woman.

How is stating that she's a lesbian "badmouthing the woman?" Are you a homophobe?

by Anonymousreply 6901/11/2013

An outstanding collaboration with Heart. Beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 7001/11/2013

I always assumed the Wilson sisters were lesbians. Pity if that's not the case.

by Anonymousreply 7101/11/2013

What's the link at R70. My computer won't let me open it.

by Anonymousreply 7201/12/2013

r72, it's a YouTube video of a Heart Concert at the Sky Church (I think) at the Experience Music Project in Seattle. This particular clip has Alison Krauss singing lead on These Dreams, and they sing very well together.

by Anonymousreply 7301/12/2013

Thanks, R73. I was able to find it from your description. That was wonderful.

For your trouble:

by Anonymousreply 7401/13/2013

Thanks very much r74, outstanding!

by Anonymousreply 7501/13/2013

After watching a few more recent clips of them on Youtube, it seems that they are now billing themselves as "Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart" instead of just "Heart."

Maybe they don't own the name?

by Anonymousreply 7601/14/2013

Conservative talk show, Mr. L's Tavern rags and hates on Ann & Nancy for nearly 30 minutes. If you only listen to a few minutes, you'll get the depth of crazy and hate.

by Anonymousreply 7702/01/2013

Original line up reuniting for the Rockhall Ceremony.

I'm on a Heart kick. They were before my time, but damn.... those first albums were good!

by Anonymousreply 7802/20/2013

Yes, great band, but i have the impression that Ann was (i don't know if she still is) kind of homophobic. She was definitely angry whenever it was implied that she was a lesbian. I don't know about Nancy's attitude towards lesbianism, but i guess that both sisters don't want to be viewed as lesbians. What do you think...?

by Anonymousreply 7902/06/2014

Why Ann got fat? She was very sexy when she was thin.

by Anonymousreply 8002/06/2014

Well, i thought about it and i think that Ann was striving not to like women, so everytime someone reminded her that, she was getting pretty edgy. Maybe that's the case!

by Anonymousreply 8102/06/2014

When they first hit their record company(I think) had an ad campaign that suggested they did the lez lez with each other. Ann and Nancy were NOT pleased. That may be why she is sensitive about lezzie rumors. She was involved back in the early years with Roger Fisher's brother Mike, for whatever that's worth now. Backstage they had a neon lamp that read "Ann & Mike."

by Anonymousreply 8202/06/2014

R82, stop beating around the bush. Is Ann a lesbian in the closet, yes or no? Goddamnit!

by Anonymousreply 8302/06/2014

Supposedly Ann has been a closeted lesbian since the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 8402/06/2014

My former vocal coach told me that her parents went to high school with Ann and Nancy (I think in Bellevue?) and she says that Ann and Nancy were hardcore druggies.

by Anonymousreply 8502/06/2014

That's how Ann initially lost weight. The druggie diet. She was forthcoming about it in early interviews. They were hot back in the day, Ann with her dark eyes and hair and Nancy fair haired. R83, I have no idea what her orientation is now. I'm just a longtime fan who turned Lucy Ricardo and sneaked around backstage where I saw the lamp I mentioned. Ann had that lap band surgery several years and was losing weight . Has she kept it off?

by Anonymousreply 8602/06/2014

I saw Heart in concert at the White River Amphitheatre in Auburn, WA back in fall of 2011. They were opening up for Def Leppard.

Ann still looked heavy. But she carried it well.

Impressively, she sang all of her songs in their original keys, and hit all the high notes. Her voice wasn't as powerful as it was when she was in her youth, but she certainly hadn't lost her ability to sing high notes at age 61.

Nancy, on the other hand, had to sing "These Dreams" in a lower key.

by Anonymousreply 8702/06/2014

So did Ann always have a weight problem? Was she fat as a kid?

by Anonymousreply 8802/06/2014

Yup [R1] Rocked my day, thanks

by Anonymousreply 8902/06/2014

What is "lesbian hand"?

by Anonymousreply 9002/06/2014

Ann's voice was still young then and had not come into its full power and glory. I mean, she's good there, but not amazing.

For amazing, check out this clip from 2000. Ok, yes, she is older and heavier, but this vocal = WOW. WOW. WOW.

by Anonymousreply 9102/06/2014

That made my nipples hard,R91!! my God how I loved these women,and Dreamboat Annie was the soundtrack to my sexual awakenings.I firmly believe these women made me feel sexier.Who gives a shit if one or both of them are lesbians,or not,they ROCK.And thats all that SHOULD matter.

by Anonymousreply 9202/06/2014

Ann and Nancy published a biography a year and a half ago and Ann talks about her weight problems. Some of it is just due to genetics as many of the people in her family are prone to be heavyset (though not all, which is why Nancy never had weight problems, though even in the 80s she was pressured to lose weight though she was in amazing shape). Though Ann claims to be beyond body image issues, she seems to harbor a lot of anger about it in her sections of the book. Lifelong Heart fan here...Dreamboat Annie was the first album I bought in 1977 and still love them today.

by Anonymousreply 9302/06/2014

Thanks R92, glad you got into it! That might be the best YouTube example of what she could really do onstage. I saw her live around that same time... AMAZING.

Ann Wilson in full throttle is/was THE best female voice in rock n' roll. Undisputed.

by Anonymousreply 9402/07/2014

R14 = CUNT

by Anonymousreply 9502/07/2014

Ann was so pretty back then. It was such a shock in the 80's when Nancy was being sold as the sexy one - she was such a plain Jane back in the 70s.

I wish they would do more work - I love her voice.

by Anonymousreply 9602/07/2014

That's sad to hear about Nancy but not really surprising, R87. While her voice was attractive she never could compare to Ann vocally. Ann at her best could coo you to sleep or burn down the barn, and in the hard edged numbers her voice never lost its beauty.

by Anonymousreply 9702/09/2014

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 9802/09/2014

Ann and Nancy and some misc. friends rock "Barracuda."

by Anonymousreply 9902/09/2014

Ann and Nancy cunts. They never made a proper solo career.

by Anonymousreply 10002/09/2014

Grace Slick say was a "copy-band" of the Jefferson Starship(From an interview in "Relix" magazine)

Do you agree with her?

by Anonymousreply 10102/15/2014

*Grace Slick said that Heart was a 'copy band' of the Jefferson Starship

by Anonymousreply 10202/15/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!