Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

It's Going To Be Senator Frank After All

This morning on Morning Joe, Barney Frank stated that although he has no interest in running for a full term, he's informed Deval Patrick that if he's asked to take John Kerry's seat until the special election is held, he will say yes, because he feels it's important that Massachusetts has two good Senators during some of the forthcoming wrangling over the debt ceiling, filibuster reform, and fixing the rest of the fiscal cliff mess.

He also said that after 32 years in the House, he'd still prefer to be referred to as "Congressman" not "Senator."

by The Voice of the Nightreply 2101/04/2013

[quote]he feels it's important that Massachusetts has two good Senators

What an EGO.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 101/04/2013

Has the gov actually NAMED him yet?

by The Voice of the Nightreply 201/04/2013

Maybe this was the plan all along? He's sort of a Blue Dog at heart, and will keep a progressive like Warren from winning.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 301/04/2013

I think it's smart to appoint him for what looks to be one of the most challenging times our government has faced in recent years. Democrats need an experienced and vocal person in that seat during the debt ceiling and entitlement debate.

I'm hoping that Republicans fuck up the whole debt ceiling/entitlement debate so severely that it turns MA voters off to the Republican party, including Scott Brown. Unfortunately, I don't have enough faith in MA voters.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 401/04/2013

Well, considering he's not the one who first suggested himself.

But of course, let's tear down another gay man.

There are two new ones in the house now. I'm sure we can come up with nasty things to say about them.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 501/04/2013

[quote]Has the gov actually NAMED him yet?

No, because there won't be vacancy until Kerry resigns. But people were saying that when Kerry gets confirmed at State, Deval Patrick should appoint Frank, who initially said that he didn't want to. And he's apparently such an ego maniac, as per R1, that he doesn't want to actually run for the remainder of Kerry's term.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 601/04/2013

Bravo, Barney!

So much know-how, experience, courage.

Snubs to naysayers! Great news!

by The Voice of the Nightreply 701/04/2013

Get off the cross, Voice. There are plenty of reasons to dislike Frank that have nothing to do with him being gay - nor are we required to like him just because he is gay. I think he's great - but who gives a shit if he's a bossy bottom?

by The Voice of the Nightreply 801/04/2013

"but who gives a shit if he's a bossy bottom?"

So you've fucked Frank, R8, or are you just pulling shit out of your prolapsed asshole?

by The Voice of the Nightreply 901/04/2013

We would have 2 openly gay Senators in Congress if he's appointed. Who would've thunk it?

by The Voice of the Nightreply 1001/04/2013

Deval Patrick should be running for Kerry's seat. There is little excitement for Markey. Brown will thump him

by The Voice of the Nightreply 1101/04/2013

[quote]We would have 2 openly gay Senators in Congress if he's appointed. Who would've thunk it?

And one of 'em's married.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 1201/04/2013

According to Patrick, he promised his wife he'd return to the private sector when his term is up.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 1301/04/2013

A blue dog #3? You're an idiot.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 1401/04/2013

No, it's not going to be Senator Frank, OP.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 1501/04/2013

The chances of Frank not running for a full term if he gets appointed temporarily are next to nil. The words will be "still have too much work to finish" or variations thereupon.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 1601/04/2013

If Frank wanted to be Senator, he shouldn't have retired. He should have stayed in another term.

It's a new era now and people have moved on to the next generation.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 1701/04/2013

There's no way in hell that Barney could beat Scott Brown in an election.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 1801/04/2013

I know we're supposed to love him because he's gay, but I find his garrulous self-love obnoxious. Yes, he's one of the 'good guys', but he - like his protege Jared Polis - just grates. Give someone else a turn at the wheel, Barney.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 1901/04/2013

What on earth is R3 talking about? Elizabeth Warren already won. What the hell?

by The Voice of the Nightreply 2001/04/2013

And why is that, R18?

What does that tell us about the people of Massachusetts?

by The Voice of the Nightreply 2101/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.