Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Lena Dunham is Time Magazine's coolest person of the year?

Even her tongue is fat and she is a fan of Taylor Swift. She's photographed by hipster freak Terry Richardson.

But I'm looking forward to Season 2 of Girls.

by Anonymousreply 3901/11/2013

After sparking controversy when she famously appeared to wear no pants to a event last year, Lena Dunham promised to show her thighs every day until she died.

And living up to her vow Girls creator Lena, who was named Time Magazine's coolest person of the year, posed up for V Magazine without pants.

Obviously poking fun at her critics, who took to the internet to berate her for her revealing look in October last year, the writer and actress grins seductively at the camera in Terry Richardson's shoot for the magazine.

Lena was quick to point out her revealing look at the L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade Culinary Event, was not because she was wearing no pants, it was just down to some very short shorts.

But the V Magazine shoot, which coincidentally is out on January 10 -three days before season 2 of Girls hits US screens, doesn't dwell too much on the pantless - but more on Lena's incredible year.

In the interview Lena, wearing a slinky one piece in one shot - and those dimpled thighs have definitely vanished, reveals one of the major perks of becoming famous - free clothes.

She says: 'Somehow even if I wouldn’t have bought it, the fact that it was free and my grandma’s depression-era mentality make me think it is the most beautiful thing I ever owned, and I wear it for several days straight.'

And the 26-year-old admits she is a huge Talor Swift fan, saying she has even messaged her idol about her albums.

She said: 'We have D.M.’ed. I’m a really big fan. I was like, ‘I just want to let you know that your albums have gotten me through a lot of very hard times.'

At the time of her 'pantless faux-pas' director Lena hit out at nasty bloggers who criticised her look.

She said: 'Last week I wore something to an event...a big top and little shorts, and a bunch of [blog posts] came out that I had been out without pants [trousers],' Lena said at a New Yorker Festival.

'I actually saw it..."Love it or hate it: The no pants look." My mom...thought it was so funny.

'My boyfriend was like, "People seem to be worked up about you going out without pants." But I didn’t go out without pants! I had shorts on.

'My response is, get used to it because I am going to live to be 100, and I am going to show my thighs every day till I die.'

Lena, who just signed at $3.5 million deal with Random House to write an advice book, wears next to nothing on her HBO show all the time.

The star also appeared naked during an opening skit at the Emmy Awards - gorging on birthday cake while sitting on a toilet.

by Anonymousreply 101/04/2013

Yes, as chosen by that loser Joel Stein.

by Anonymousreply 201/04/2013

good for her. she's talented, has self-confidence and is successful. Plus she's making a lot of money.

by Anonymousreply 301/04/2013

She looks like she's made of Play-doh.

by Anonymousreply 401/04/2013

As manufactured as Lana Del Rey.

by Anonymousreply 501/04/2013

The first 2 photos are actually rather cute. The short haircut is working there. And she's dropped a few pounds.

But look at the 4th photo down (turquoise blouse). And her hagged-out face. If she looks like this at 26, can you imagine her in her 40s? Holy cow.

She's either going to be a plastic surgery addict or dead.

by Anonymousreply 601/04/2013

I think Lena is talented and good-natured. But who in recent PR memory has experienced this kind of media worship? (The Palins and the Kardashians don't count because the more upscale media hate them.)

by Anonymousreply 701/04/2013

[quote]Lena Dunham is Time Magazine's fattest person of the year?

Fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 801/04/2013

[quote]I think Lena is talented and good-natured. But who in recent PR memory has experienced this kind of media worship?

It's embarrassing and a little hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 901/04/2013

I like the show but I don't like all the hype around her.

by Anonymousreply 1001/04/2013

She is essentially the anti-Lily Rabe.

by Anonymousreply 1101/04/2013

No one has assassinated her yet?

by Anonymousreply 1201/04/2013

she is a PR triumph.

by Anonymousreply 1301/04/2013

I hate that smug asshole Joel Stein. God, what a douche.

by Anonymousreply 1401/04/2013

On the plus side, she is tattooed with the word "staunch".

by Anonymousreply 1501/04/2013

[quote]I hate that smug asshole Joel Stein. God, what a douche.

Same here. Insufferable asshole.

by Anonymousreply 1601/04/2013

I actually find her offensive to look at. I just can't do it.

by Anonymousreply 1701/04/2013

I'm really surprised there hasn't been a backlash against her and "Girls". The media is really pushing this show hard.

by Anonymousreply 1801/04/2013

I sometimes get this feeling that she doesn't wash thoroughly between her legs.

by Anonymousreply 1901/04/2013

I don't hate her, but I'm so tired of these "intellectuals" who claim they're above all the cliches of celebrity, yet are sucking the tit of the mainstream media the second any attention is focused on them. "Oh, I hate being famous!" as they're on every talk show and red carpet. Blah, blah.

Give me Brando and his refusing the oscar and demanding ten million to dress like a hamburger any day. Back then, they fucking walked what they talked. These poseurs today don't even come close.

by Anonymousreply 2001/04/2013

I love it when reality pokes little holes in the bubble that surrounds Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 2101/04/2013

You can tell she is sensitive to the "ugly" press she's been getting. She's striving to look more glamorous and who can blame her?

by Anonymousreply 2201/04/2013

Hard to sympathize, though, with any pressure Dunham is feeling to change her look.

Don't want people looking at you and commenting on your appearance? Don't go on TV in a show based on your life, starring YOU.

by Anonymousreply 2301/04/2013

This morning, Howard Stern complained about how she is ugly and fat and he just doesn't get the appeal.

by Anonymousreply 2401/07/2013

is she the one who is playing Daisy Buchanan? I think she's married to one of the Mumford and sons guys.

by Anonymousreply 2501/07/2013

Well, "cool" hasn't meant anything for at least a couple of decades.

by Anonymousreply 2601/07/2013

[R25] wtf? Stern , who is Jewish, insulted Lena, who is Jewish?

The Daisy of Great Gatsby is being played by Carey Mulligan.

by Anonymousreply 2801/07/2013

And, I actually like the show- it is definitely more realistic than Sex in the City. And why if a gal is on TV does she have to be strikingly beautiful? She is smart and witty. No one complians about Harvey Keitel and Bryan Cranston is no looker either.

by Anonymousreply 2901/07/2013

R29 - Harvey Keitel is ugly but in a hot way. His body was/is amazing, even though he's kind of short.

by Anonymousreply 3001/07/2013

Bryan Cranston makes me cringe every time I see him on TV. The ugliness even smells like stale cigarette smoke.

by Anonymousreply 3101/07/2013

Bryan Cranston is hotness personified even playing a cancer patient. Lena is cute and a very good writer, particularly for her age. I get why there has been such a backlash against her show, though. For people here, it's "Ew. A naked girl who isn't skinny." I think a lot of other people recognize themselves a bit too much in her self-absorbed characters and are made uncomfortable by that. They should give themselves a few years and then take another look.

by Anonymousreply 3201/07/2013

I don't care that she's unattractive, I just don't want to listen to a bunch of spoiled whiners.

by Anonymousreply 3301/07/2013

But at leasts her spoiled whiners are smart. Much more so than the characters on reality trash like Jersey Shore, Buckwild!

by Anonymousreply 3401/07/2013

Wow, R32. You sure do have a strange idea of what constitutes "hotness" and "cute."

by Anonymousreply 3501/07/2013

Different strokes, etc., [r35].

by Anonymousreply 3601/07/2013

Don't miss Lena Dunham on Charlie Rose tonight! Will she be wearing panties?!

by Anonymousreply 3701/11/2013

Ok, we get it. Hideously ugly men are "hot", women who aren't particularly pretty are hideously ugly.

Do men ever get tired of overpraising & overrating themselves?

by Anonymousreply 3801/11/2013

And she has kooky tattoos!

by Anonymousreply 3901/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!