Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Are You A 'Militant Gay?'

Well?

by Anonymousreply 2306/05/2014

I'm becoming one. I'm mad as hell and I can't take it any more.

by Anonymousreply 101/04/2013

I'm a bit of a gay supremacist.

by Anonymousreply 201/04/2013

Completely.

by Anonymousreply 301/04/2013

I am, I believe that ONLY gays should serve in the military

by Anonymousreply 401/04/2013

I'm a gay-extremist

by Anonymousreply 501/04/2013

I'm unabashedly out and outspokenly liberal, but to look at me you'd think I was a suburban dad or generic middle-management type. Draw your own conclusions.

by Anonymousreply 601/04/2013

More like an astonished gay. Sometimes I can't believe the progress we've made in just the past ten years. It's been amazing to witness.

by Anonymousreply 701/04/2013

NO, just a mainstream dude who happens to "get with dudes" sometime.

by Anonymousreply 801/04/2013

R8

Ditto.

by Anonymousreply 901/04/2013

Death to Heterosexist Culture!

by Anonymousreply 1001/04/2013

ZZZZZZ, R8. Whatever makes you feel straighter.

by Anonymousreply 1101/04/2013

I've become a lot more obnoxiously gay recently. I think it comes from living in the suburbs where straight culture is so dominant. I was shopping in a mall over the holidays, and this woman held up a Giants jersey and said to me (out of nowhere) "I want to get this, but you know, they're having such a bad season." I got so annoyed that I was immediately expected to know what she was talking about, and to give half a shit about it. It would be like if I ran up to some straight frat guy and struck up a conversation saying "You know, I don't know who should win this season of All-Stars: Raven or Chad Michaels" and expected him to know what the fuck I was talking about.

I think part of it comes with aging, and starting to not be embarrassed by my super gay interests because generic straight people who haven't had an original thought in their head might snicker at it.

by Anonymousreply 1201/04/2013

[R12] -- my then-bf and I had the OPPOSITE problem while at an Asian food superstore several years ago. Another (white) customer asked if they sold "harissa" there? We replied that was a middle eastern product, directing her to a grocer in town who carries those products. She replied, "Thanks! I thought YOU'D know!" we were like, "Oh sure! Ask the fag couple foodie questions!"

With the jersey lady, I would've responded politely, "Sorry, I don't follow football" and left it at that - no reason to resent her comment.

by Anonymousreply 1301/04/2013

That's true, R13. I was really only using it as an example because it was kind of the tip of the iceberg and when I finally had enough of people talking about that kind of stuff with me. But I probably should have said what you suggested.

by Anonymousreply 1401/04/2013

As I get older, I find I have less and less patience for explaining things to well meaning heterosexuals ONE MORE TIME.

I'm more likely to just walk away these days. Life is too short to be ANYBODY's "gay."

by Anonymousreply 1501/04/2013

r12, a lot of people would take offense with your assertion that being gay means not being into sports or not knowing about the same cultural pasttimes everyone else is. You seem to equate your personal, individual interests and inclinations with what is generally true about gay people. You are making a huge leap.

by Anonymousreply 1601/04/2013

I'm a get-along-gay. I have friends who are militant gays who are always putting a foot in their mouths.

In the Castro, a friend complained that straight people were taking over. At the Cafe Flore he went up to a woman with a stroller and told her she should go somewhere else, that this is "our" place.

I guess I then becamse a militant gay, but not in the ordinary way. I told my friend he had a lot of nerve going up to a woman like that, that she could be a lesbian and that, even if she wasn't, the rudeness of his remark marked him as a complete asshole.

To this day, we don't talk.

by Anonymousreply 1701/04/2013

I was going to ask what you meant by that, but fuck it. Yes, I am a militant gay.

by Anonymousreply 1801/04/2013

I ammmm!

by Anonymousreply 1901/04/2013

F*UCK YEAH! ... A Dyke Warrior to the Death!!!

by Anonymousreply 2001/05/2013

yes

by Anonymousreply 2106/05/2014

R12, you will have a short life if an innocent even like that gets you all worked up.

by Anonymousreply 2206/05/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!