Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Regarding the great Jay-Z/ Gatsby Datalounge scandal of 2013

Seeing as Jay-Z is a American man who rose from the most desperate of circumstances into the first ranks of glamorous and decadent NYC /Hamptons society, via pure ambition and talent, and self admittedly engaged in illegal business along the way...

and seeing as that narrative almost identically mirrors the back story of Jay Gatsby...

I would say that Jay-Z is probably UNIQUELY QUALIFIED to contribute to the new Luhrman Adaptation of "the Great Gatsby"

To any of the eldergays currently wringing your hands about the idea of a black man (and a hip hop artist no less) being given this opportunity, I ask: Have you even read the damn book?

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 5201/08/2013

So would Rocky, but the movie shouldn't be about boxing.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 101/04/2013

So Beyonce's weave is supposed to be Daisy?

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 201/04/2013

Who cares. NO ONE is going to this movie. It will be a huge flop.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 301/04/2013

OP, I don't know why you bother. The racist eldergays around here will never, ever listen.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 401/04/2013

I simply cannot wait fot the song that will most assuredly win the Best Song category at the the Academy Awards ceremony next year.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 501/04/2013

So Jay-Z's life parallels the Gatsby. Did anybody bother to figure out if he could, like, score a film?

Why couldn't they go with the safe, boring option of a jazz score? Or if they're going to go with Jay-Z, just dump the entire fucking movie into the modern-day Hamptons?

This brainless mixture of historical periods has got to stop. I'm all for mixing up historical periods, if you have the slightest fucking clue of what you're doing.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 701/04/2013

What a truly awful person you are, R10.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 1101/04/2013

I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one!

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 1301/04/2013

This bitch better get herseff an Oscar, Jay!!!

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 1401/04/2013

And another thing, you insipid twit.

You can't force someone to like shitty "music" by arguing with them.

You can't scream "racist" when people don't like music that happens to be made by African Americans.

Is it racist for me to love Etta James and dismiss Ludikriss (or however you spell these made up bullshit names)?

You are an idiot for screaming racism, and you need to shut the fuck up.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 1501/04/2013

Yes, troll; accusing a complete stranger of being old and racist really makes your point so well!

You're so superior being presumably young and annoying!

I shall go out and download every hip hop "artist" "song" there is!

Because you truly are the Rosa Parks of Datalounge!

What a superior person you are, and that's so proven by hating old people who actually read books!

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 1701/04/2013

Where in the book does Jay Gatsby sell crack?

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 1801/04/2013

OP is a shit stirrer who has issues with his own race, ignore him-her.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 1901/04/2013

Yes!Hit the ignoreon this OP! He' a troll.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 2001/04/2013

R17 et al is truly unhinged. Listen, you don't have to like hip hop. I don't like much of it. But just because you don't see its value, doesn't mean others agree. Such is the subjective nature of art. I would urge you to try and express your opinions in a way that gets your point across without the current insanity that emanates off every single one of your posts. I have total faith you can accomplish this.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 2101/04/2013

It's fine by me. The book is probably one of the most overrated pieces of crap ever published. I'm more concerned about Baz Luhrman directing a 3D movie: what with his buzzsaw style, people will probably be puking in the aisles.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 2201/04/2013

And so R21 continues the mess. Idiot.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 2301/04/2013

"Obviously, you're so old and out of touch, your musical taste will never change. "

No. I will never appreciate "music" about 'bitches and hos,' nor lyrics that repeatedly include the N-word, as this "music" you violently defend does.

I will always prefer quality vocalists and songs with actual melodies.

So get over it and take your inane shit somewhere else, you useless carp of a bitch.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 2401/04/2013

So, we're eldergays or racists because we don't like Jay Zzzz"s "music"? Fuck you. Don't plan to see this shit so I don't really care who does the score but it just sounds like a given shitfest. Let's all meet back here after this masterpiece opens. See who has the last laugh. Till then, TA!

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 2501/04/2013

I'll be waiting for the article announcing Jay-Z being replaced on the project due to "creative differences".

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 2601/04/2013

"Have you even read the damn book?"

Has it occurred to you that the fact that Jay-Z's life story may be somewhat similar to Jay Gatsby's in SOME ways has nothing to do with people objecting to a hip-hop score for a film that's set in the 1920s, with great pains apparently having been taken to recreate the period visually? Moron.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 2701/04/2013

Translation: He ain't readin' no damn book!

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 2801/04/2013

R24 has zero knowledge of hip hop.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 2901/04/2013

Come on, guys, it's a Baz Luhrmann movie. He has a reinvention fetish, more power to him. Look how he tracked MOULIN ROUGE. Great movie! Look at film of his Broadway LA BOHEME. Superior stuff. His GATSBY can easily come off as well.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 3601/04/2013

Moulin Rouge! sucked donkey balls, and wasn't even very good at that.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 3701/04/2013

It's funny how the folks yelling "racist" seem not to realize that Jay Z's lyrics have been homophobic in the past. One could make a strong case that HE is racist towards his own people and deeply self loathing. Obviously YOu have never listened to his music.

Knee jerk assholes.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 3801/04/2013

This film is still "being made"?! Didn't they release a trailer a year ago? JayZzz doing score must be some desperate attempt to give this film some young people cred, since, normally, they would not be flocking to see a film with middle aged actors in it.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 3901/04/2013

Funny thing is, they've been showing trailers for GATSBY in theaters -- I saw one before a screening of LES MIZ -- and it's got some stupid, bullshit, very modern-sounding music in it. I assumed that music was just a place-holder, but the fact that it's so modern sounding made me suspect that's how they were going to go with it. Idiots!

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 4001/04/2013

Now, if it were Eminem instead, I'd approve.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 4101/04/2013

The movie is going to flop.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 4201/04/2013

[quote]STFU, bitch. Go take it to Vibe.com

How do you even have a discussion with someone so angry and unhinged?

What a sad person you are. It's not Jay-Z's fault that you are elderly and single with no friends and nothing left to live for.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 4301/04/2013

"How do you even have a discussion with someone so angry and unhinged? "

Dunno. Look in the mirror and figure it out, bitch.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 4401/05/2013

Mostly, this sort of decision--a trendy score--says that they don't trust the primary material at all.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 4501/05/2013

OP us eldergays say colored boys. Thanks.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 4601/05/2013

[quote]Why u butthurt, cuz yooz a dum wigga?

Yet another reason eldergays are ruining this place.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 4701/05/2013

So, leave.

Oh, wait! Another hip hop/rap "artist" shows us all that we're just racist!

--

US rapper Azealia Banks has defended calling the US entertainment blogger Perez Hilton a faggot during a Twitter argument.

The argument began after Hilton posted a criticism of Banks’s feuds with other artists. She then called him “dickbreath” and told him to “gobble a dick”.

Hilton told Banks, who last year said she was bisexual: “Some of your music is cute, but your attention-seeking ways are pathetic and hurtful. You drag while others choose to uplift!”

Banks responded: “Whatever bitch, you tried to sign me to ur little bum ass label in ’11 with them bullsshit ass artists…” She later tweeted: “omg u should just kill yourself… Like for real… lol what a messy faggot you are.”

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 4801/05/2013

[quote]Why u butthurt, cuz yooz a dum wigga?

Keeping it classy, gramps.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 4901/08/2013

Ambition I'll give you but TALENT!?

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 5001/08/2013

Ok....the term "butthurt has got to go...NOW!

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 5101/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.