Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Regarding the great Jay-Z/ Gatsby Datalounge scandal of 2013

Seeing as Jay-Z is a American man who rose from the most desperate of circumstances into the first ranks of glamorous and decadent NYC /Hamptons society, via pure ambition and talent, and self admittedly engaged in illegal business along the way...

and seeing as that narrative almost identically mirrors the back story of Jay Gatsby...

I would say that Jay-Z is probably UNIQUELY QUALIFIED to contribute to the new Luhrman Adaptation of "the Great Gatsby"

To any of the eldergays currently wringing your hands about the idea of a black man (and a hip hop artist no less) being given this opportunity, I ask: Have you even read the damn book?

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 5201/08/2013

So would Rocky, but the movie shouldn't be about boxing.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 101/03/2013

So Beyonce's weave is supposed to be Daisy?

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 201/03/2013

Who cares. NO ONE is going to this movie. It will be a huge flop.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 301/03/2013

OP, I don't know why you bother. The racist eldergays around here will never, ever listen.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 401/04/2013

I simply cannot wait fot the song that will most assuredly win the Best Song category at the the Academy Awards ceremony next year.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 501/04/2013

"what a bunch of dipshits"

That's the name of your band, right, cunty dipshit wigger who licks the anus of dismissive money-grubbing pop-fame whores like no-talent shitbag Jay-Z?

Why u butthurt, cuz yooz a dum wigga?

Fucktard.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 601/04/2013

So Jay-Z's life parallels the Gatsby. Did anybody bother to figure out if he could, like, score a film?

Why couldn't they go with the safe, boring option of a jazz score? Or if they're going to go with Jay-Z, just dump the entire fucking movie into the modern-day Hamptons?

This brainless mixture of historical periods has got to stop. I'm all for mixing up historical periods, if you have the slightest fucking clue of what you're doing.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 701/04/2013

Coming up in 2014:

Sean Pee Diddy Pimp-Pooty Combs' soundtrack to James Joyce's 'Ulysses.'

Nicki Minaj drops single to the biopic of Ayn Rand. The song's title is "Another Cunt Wif a Made-up Name."

Big Krit's duet with Earl Sweatshirt in the CD, "Music from the soundtrack to the film adaptation of Friedrich Nietzsche's 'On Truth and Lies in a Nonmoral Sense.'

El-P and Lil Wayne collaborate on the single for the webisode of the all-puppet remake of Hemingway's "The Sun Also Rises"

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 801/04/2013

F&F for the racist cunt at R6 and R8.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 901/04/2013

F&F for you, bitch, for being a cementheaded dipshit.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 1001/04/2013

What a truly awful person you are, R10.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 1101/04/2013

What a truly desperate, stupid, paranoid screeching harpy you are.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 1201/04/2013

I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one!

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 1301/04/2013

This bitch better get herseff an Oscar, Jay!!!

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 1401/04/2013

And another thing, you insipid twit.

You can't force someone to like shitty "music" by arguing with them.

You can't scream "racist" when people don't like music that happens to be made by African Americans.

Is it racist for me to love Etta James and dismiss Ludikriss (or however you spell these made up bullshit names)?

You are an idiot for screaming racism, and you need to shut the fuck up.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 1501/04/2013

My god, you're an awful piece of shit R15.

Obviously, you're so old and out of touch, your musical taste will never change.

But the race-bating bile you are spewing is just disgusting and shameful. If you truly can't understand that, I feel sorry for you.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 1601/04/2013

Yes, troll; accusing a complete stranger of being old and racist really makes your point so well!

You're so superior being presumably young and annoying!

I shall go out and download every hip hop "artist" "song" there is!

Because you truly are the Rosa Parks of Datalounge!

What a superior person you are, and that's so proven by hating old people who actually read books!

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 1701/04/2013

Where in the book does Jay Gatsby sell crack?

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 1801/04/2013

OP is a shit stirrer who has issues with his own race, ignore him-her.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 1901/04/2013

Yes!Hit the ignoreon this OP! He' a troll.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 2001/04/2013

R17 et al is truly unhinged. Listen, you don't have to like hip hop. I don't like much of it. But just because you don't see its value, doesn't mean others agree. Such is the subjective nature of art. I would urge you to try and express your opinions in a way that gets your point across without the current insanity that emanates off every single one of your posts. I have total faith you can accomplish this.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 2101/04/2013

It's fine by me. The book is probably one of the most overrated pieces of crap ever published. I'm more concerned about Baz Luhrman directing a 3D movie: what with his buzzsaw style, people will probably be puking in the aisles.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 2201/04/2013

And so R21 continues the mess. Idiot.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 2301/04/2013

"Obviously, you're so old and out of touch, your musical taste will never change. "

No. I will never appreciate "music" about 'bitches and hos,' nor lyrics that repeatedly include the N-word, as this "music" you violently defend does.

I will always prefer quality vocalists and songs with actual melodies.

So get over it and take your inane shit somewhere else, you useless carp of a bitch.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 2401/04/2013

So, we're eldergays or racists because we don't like Jay Zzzz"s "music"? Fuck you. Don't plan to see this shit so I don't really care who does the score but it just sounds like a given shitfest. Let's all meet back here after this masterpiece opens. See who has the last laugh. Till then, TA!

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 2501/04/2013

I'll be waiting for the article announcing Jay-Z being replaced on the project due to "creative differences".

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 2601/04/2013

"Have you even read the damn book?"

Has it occurred to you that the fact that Jay-Z's life story may be somewhat similar to Jay Gatsby's in SOME ways has nothing to do with people objecting to a hip-hop score for a film that's set in the 1920s, with great pains apparently having been taken to recreate the period visually? Moron.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 2701/04/2013

Translation: He ain't readin' no damn book!

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 2801/04/2013

R24 has zero knowledge of hip hop.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 2901/04/2013

And R29 has never heard of the singer I linked, except as a sample some hip hop "Artist" stole.

STFU, bitch. Go take it to Vibe.com

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 3001/04/2013

Oh! What GREAT ART THIS IS!!!

[Intro:] Why haven't you learned anything?

[50 cent:] Uh uh uh 1212 uh uh uh uh

[Hook:] Nigga I run hip hop hip hop hip hop hip hop Nigga G-Unit is hip hop hip hop hip hop hip hop

[Verse 1:] One thing bout my music it hits you feel the pain nigga I take control of your brain listen nigga now im not playin are you ready for that? Soldier soldier grab the gat ill show you who to aim it at bang bang bang run toss the gat no no no no lookin back nigga leave the watch we aint come for that bitch quit playing with a paper hat shit I roll a ace im shootin back every body no how my paper stack 20 inch chrome on the Cadillac automatic shot gun can you handle that? All the bullshit nigga that's a fact ride through your motherfuckin hood strapped put work in nigga thats that d's get the bust and youll blast back got a little money wanna flash that till the wolves come out and blast gats ? for your ass end up in a casgat I said in a casgat. Who shot biggie smalls if we don't get them they gonna kill us all man puffy no who hit that nigga man that nigga soft hes scared them boys from the west side will brake him off jump on his ass so he run ?

[Hook x2:] Nigga I run hip hop hip hop hip hop hip hop Nigga G-Unit is hip hop hip hop hip hop hip hop Nigga I run hip hop hip hop hip hop hip hop Nigga G-Unit is hip hop hip hop hip hop hip hop

[Verse 2:] Oh I guess this means I wont be invited to the white parties in the hamptons I don't give a fuck I don't wanna hang out with your punk ass no way got me motherfuckin runnin around this nigga mase now you wanna play games? You wanna make the deal nigga? Man ill fuck your shit up nigga is you crazy nigga? Matter fact you no what I dont wanna do a deal no more fuck the deal nigga you wanna play games? You wanna waste my motherfuckin time nigga? Time is money nigga you wastin the motherfuckin money nigga aite I see what you tryin to do but I dont no why you doin what your tryin to do what do you wanna make me tell everybody what mase told me huh now you go on and send me 50 thousand dollars for this nigga travel fees you no airfair hotel space for that last tour nigga before I really service your ass nigga hahaha

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 3101/04/2013

PULITZER-WORTHY POETRY!!!

"Real Hip Hop Shit #3"

Leather jacket, relaxing The movie scenes I’m acting These rappers practice I’m at the plate, enough to bat bitch Fully smoking locomotive, nigga, fuck an adlib In the club celebrating cause I’m self promoted Is it a fire? Cause the crowd smoking! Big Will, she off a pill.. rollin You know a country nigga hungry Waffle house? Open! But they too broke to pay their bills So they’re freeloading But it’s cool, sit down You know that nigga rich? Girl his name.. Chris Brown His chain’s so ugly that it makes a bitch frown I’m serving all these niggas But who ordered hash browns? Nigga, I be like.. yeah I got the check And I just paid your bills, so.. yes I want some sex Hah! But first, can I kiss your neck? And I’mma work you out So you ain’t gotta stretch Hold up! Let me slow up Impregnate your beat, I make that bitch blow up I eat all I can eat Until a nigga throw up I tell that DJ “ay! Pull up, pull up” Man, I’m so sick of these lame motherfuckas A nigga’s still shitting on the game, motherfucka Old niggas as the world change, muthafuckas Y’all niggas still being the same muthafucka? Who else, dawg? Look, let me go in, then I count more ends My tints 11, and your friends in my Benz The engine on that Viper 220 And it’s green in the trunk, but that’s new money Watch.. Frank Mueller, my Ruger Cut that shit – fire. I just shot my jeweler! Another hundred racks just to make my chain a cooler Off that Four Loco, out of my medulla Wow! I be seeing dead people Dead prezzies my besties Nigga, we are not equal How you get the big picture Looking from a peephole? My real niggas in the back, but “He ain’t talking to me tho!” I know you mad cause I afford it TMZ, I’m wiping my ass, so stop recording Supposedly a singer, can’t do hip-hop But I just killed this shit, so let the Shit rock

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 3201/04/2013

AN ARTISTIC GENIUS HAS BEEN FOUND!!!!

[Intro] Turn your radios up You are now allowed to listen to the radio The real niggas are back on the radio

[Verse 1: Nas] Uh, no slackin', no beggin', no askin', no fastin' No disrespect to Islam nor Imam or Pastor No answers to questions the media's askin' Why we fight each other in public in front of these arrogant fascists? They love it; puttin old niggas vs. the youngest Most of our elders failed us, how could they judge us? Niggas There's verbal books published by niggas, produced by niggas Genuine niggas, so I salute my niggas Not mad cause Eminem said nigga, cause he my nigga Wigga, cracker, friend - we all black within, okay? We all African, okay Some Africans don't like us no way! A killng happened in Johannesburg, yesterday Slain artist named Lucky Dube, hijacked Some say N-double A-C-P, keep us sidetracked But I don't buy that, I buy Aston Martins Faster cars than, NASCAR cars and, sparkin while ridin Critics, eat a dick! Journalists see I'm rich With this N-word jargon I'm just starting, bitch!

[Hook: imitating the "Dr. Pepper" commercial jingle] I'm a nigger, he's a nigger, she's a nigger, we some niggers Wouldn't you like to be a nigger, too? To all my kike niggers, spic niggers, guinea niggers, chink niggers That's right, y'all my niggas, too I'm a nigger, he's a nigger, she's a nigger, we some niggers Wouldn't you like to be a nigger, too They like to strangle niggers, blamin' niggers, shootin' niggers, hangin' niggers Still you wanna be a nigger, too? True

[Verse 2: Nas] Wake up in the morning, shake my third leg in the toilet Uzi on the nightstand, I'm the man you go to war with Not the man you go to war against, patience, I'll get you If that means I can't sleep a whole year, I'mma get you I'm official not "A-Tisket" or "A-Tasket" I'll put you in the casket, with the biscuit or the ratchet They smoke hibiscus, they plants or trees, advanc-ed weed Don't forsake us, you all are fake bloods like move make-up I flow tighter as Tootie's braces, who be hatin us? I be on a state bus in shackles if my .8 bust Cause y'all some tellers, opposite of bankers I'm the shit for ages, my clique still real QB gangsters Clique still movin' like Freemasons So if I'm on the flow for the law, there's lodges all across the nation Nas is bred for the plan, to hold the Grand Dragon's head in my hand, come and get me, here I am

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 3301/04/2013

A LYRICAL MAGIC WORTHY OF HOMER!!!!

"The Wrong Nigga To Fuck With"

[Verse One] God damn, it's a brand new payback From the straight gangsta mack in straight gangsta black How many motherfuckers gotta pay Went to the shelf and dusted off the AK Caps gotta get pealed Cause "The Nigga Ya Love to hate" still can "Kill at Will" It ain't no pop cause that sucks And you can New Jack SWING on my nuts Down wit the niggaz that I bail out I'm platinum bitch and I didn't have to sell out Fuck you Ice Cube, that's what the people say Fuck AmeriKKKa, still wit hthe triple K Cause you know when my nine goes buck it'll bust your head like a watermelon dropped from 12 stories up Now let's see who'll drop Punk motherfuckers tryin to ban hip-hop Fuck R&B and the runnin man I'm the one that stand, with the gun in hand Make sure before you buck wit duck quick Punk, cause I'm the wrong nigga to fuck wit

"I'ma let y'all know one thing man.."

[Verse Two] Hell yeah it's on, you better tell 'em Ice Cube and I'm rolling with the motherfuckin L.M. It's the number one crew in the area Make a move for your gat and I'll bury ya Ashes to ashes, dirt to dirt Punks roll when I put in work cause Lench Mob niggaz are the craziest And y'all motherfuckers can't fade my shit South Central, that's where the Lench Mob dwell Hittin fools up with the big ass L One time can't hold me back Sweatshirt, khakis and crokersacs Stop givin juice to the Raiders Cause Al Davis, never paid us I hope he wear a vest It's all about the L-E-N-C-H y'all know the rest Motherfuckin crew, motherfuckin mob Do a motherfuckin job in a motherfuckin squad In '91 Ice Cube grew stronger and bigger And I'm the wrong nigga to fuck with

"One-and-two, ah-three-e-and-ah-four-and.." "Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute"

[Cube] Drop a old school beat!

[Verse Three] Like I said, it's a brand new payback 9-91, Let's see who beats the jack Sir Jinx grew a little bit taller (Keep the wack beats out) true motherfuckin baller And hoes can't roll on Even bitches looking like En Vogue gotta "Hold On" Don't let me catch Daryl Gates in traffic I gotta have it, to peel his cap backwards I hope he wear a vest too, and his best blew goin up against the Zulu Break his spine like a jellyfish Kick his ass til I'm smellin shit Off wit the head, off wit the head I say And watch the devil start kickin Run around like a chicken, grand dragon finger lickin Yo, turn him over wit a spatula Now we got, Kentucky Fried Cracker Mess with the Cube, you get punked quick Pig, cause I'm the wrong nigga to fuck with!

"Last person in the world you wanna fuck with.." [repeat 3X]

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 3401/04/2013

WORTHY OF THE NEXT HEMINGWAY CINEMATIC EPIC FOR THE SOUNDTRACK!!!!

Artist: Dr. Dre Album: The Chronic Song: A Nigga Witta Gun Typed by: davpaul@dove.net.au

Who is the man with the masterplan? A nigga witta motherfuckin gun

44 reason come to mind Why you motherfuckin brothers' hard to find He be walkin on the streets and fuckin with mine Stupid punk can't fuck with a mastermind See I never take a step on a Compton block or LA without the AK ready to pop Cos them punk motherfuckers in black and white Ain't the only motherfuckers I gots to fight I thinks it's better to be retellin the facts than cuffed up and jacked and fucked up What you niggas lookin at? You goin goddamn! Cos it's the city and for you to survive a nigga gotta be a gangsta And I'm a nigga you can't remove Took out a lot of motherfuckers for tryin to prove To their homies that they can hang by dealin with me But once again in the end they D-E-A-D I never did time on a murder yet Cos I relax and back, do a job and jet Yo I know you understand my flow So here we go with Death Row Come let a motherfucker know

Who is the man with the masterplan? A nigga witta motherfuckin gun Who is the man with the masterplan? A nigga witta motherfuckin gun

D-R-E A motherfucker who's known for carryin gats and kick raps that make snaps Adapts to anything violent that I'm located at If you see me on the solo moves best believe that I'm strapped 4-4, .tre-8 or AK-47 Cos slowly but surely send you on a stairway to heaven Just put my finger on the trigger and pull back and lay a punk motherfucker flat As he wonder what popped before he got popped I told you I was Dre and you know it don't stop Now I know you understand my flow So here we go with Death Row Come let a motherfucker know

Who is the man with the masterplan? A nigga witta motherfuckin gun Who is the man with the masterplan? A nigga witta motherfuckin gun Who is the man with the masterplan? A nigga witta motherfuckin gun Who is the man with the masterplan? A nigga witta motherfuckin gun

I breaks em off, I breaks em off yeah I breaks em off, I breaks em off yeah I breaks em off but I ain't speakin about between the thighs I'm talkin about cockin a gauge in between your eyes That'll make you drop to your knees cos you realise that a gat will make any nigga civilised Old buster ass nigga talkin bullshit Don't know that I'm the wrong nigga to fuck with Get lit or hit up by the doctor A nigga that breaks em off proper-ly Real G so doubt it I'm the one who's doin it while these other niggas talk about it And if motherfuckers come at me wrong I straight put my .44 Desert Eagle to his motherfuckin dome And show him why they call me the notorious one The name's Dre Eastwood when I'm packin a gun You don't believe me, well step up and give it a try And if you die youse a buster cos real niggas don't die But some still don't hear me though You're too near me not to hear me, nigga yo So now you know

Who is the man with the masterplan? A nigga witta motherfuckin gun Who is the man with the masterplan? A nigga witta motherfuckin gun Who is the man with the masterplan? A nigga witta motherfuckin gun Who is the man with the masterplan? A nigga witta motherfuckin gun

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 3501/04/2013

Come on, guys, it's a Baz Luhrmann movie. He has a reinvention fetish, more power to him. Look how he tracked MOULIN ROUGE. Great movie! Look at film of his Broadway LA BOHEME. Superior stuff. His GATSBY can easily come off as well.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 3601/04/2013

Moulin Rouge! sucked donkey balls, and wasn't even very good at that.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 3701/04/2013

It's funny how the folks yelling "racist" seem not to realize that Jay Z's lyrics have been homophobic in the past. One could make a strong case that HE is racist towards his own people and deeply self loathing. Obviously YOu have never listened to his music.

Knee jerk assholes.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 3801/04/2013

This film is still "being made"?! Didn't they release a trailer a year ago? JayZzz doing score must be some desperate attempt to give this film some young people cred, since, normally, they would not be flocking to see a film with middle aged actors in it.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 3901/04/2013

Funny thing is, they've been showing trailers for GATSBY in theaters -- I saw one before a screening of LES MIZ -- and it's got some stupid, bullshit, very modern-sounding music in it. I assumed that music was just a place-holder, but the fact that it's so modern sounding made me suspect that's how they were going to go with it. Idiots!

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 4001/04/2013

Now, if it were Eminem instead, I'd approve.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 4101/04/2013

The movie is going to flop.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 4201/04/2013

[quote]STFU, bitch. Go take it to Vibe.com

How do you even have a discussion with someone so angry and unhinged?

What a sad person you are. It's not Jay-Z's fault that you are elderly and single with no friends and nothing left to live for.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 4301/04/2013

"How do you even have a discussion with someone so angry and unhinged? "

Dunno. Look in the mirror and figure it out, bitch.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 4401/04/2013

Mostly, this sort of decision--a trendy score--says that they don't trust the primary material at all.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 4501/04/2013

OP us eldergays say colored boys. Thanks.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 4601/04/2013

[quote]Why u butthurt, cuz yooz a dum wigga?

Yet another reason eldergays are ruining this place.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 4701/05/2013

So, leave.

Oh, wait! Another hip hop/rap "artist" shows us all that we're just racist!

--

US rapper Azealia Banks has defended calling the US entertainment blogger Perez Hilton a faggot during a Twitter argument.

The argument began after Hilton posted a criticism of Banks’s feuds with other artists. She then called him “dickbreath” and told him to “gobble a dick”.

Hilton told Banks, who last year said she was bisexual: “Some of your music is cute, but your attention-seeking ways are pathetic and hurtful. You drag while others choose to uplift!”

Banks responded: “Whatever bitch, you tried to sign me to ur little bum ass label in ’11 with them bullsshit ass artists…” She later tweeted: “omg u should just kill yourself… Like for real… lol what a messy faggot you are.”

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 4801/05/2013

[quote]Why u butthurt, cuz yooz a dum wigga?

Keeping it classy, gramps.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 4901/08/2013

Ambition I'll give you but TALENT!?

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 5001/08/2013

Ok....the term "butthurt has got to go...NOW!

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 5101/08/2013

OP, I can't tell if you're an ignoramus, or a niggeranus.

by what a bunch of dipshitsreply 5201/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!