Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is Meg Ryan in "The Academy"?

I feel like she should/could be, despite never having been nominated for an Oscar. I know nominees are automatically invited to join, but what about people who are huge film stars? Bruce Willis is another one. Not the best actor in the world, but a huge star nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 1301/05/2013

Bump

by Anonymousreply 101/04/2013

I hope not. even when she was n TV shows, he acting was based on her looking surprised. It kills me that she managed to grift parts in movies like Restoration, In the Cut and HurlyBurly.

by Anonymousreply 201/04/2013

Jennifer Jason Leigh is! I know somebody who borrows her screeners.

by Anonymousreply 301/04/2013

Police Academy 2

by Anonymousreply 401/04/2013

They'll basically let anyone in the Academy. I know this firsthand as they let me in and I have no business being in it.

by Anonymousreply 501/04/2013

I think all you need is a couple of Academy members recommending you, or something like that...

by Anonymousreply 601/04/2013

If trash like Russell Brand can be members of the Academy, then I'd be shocked if Meg and Bruce weren't. If you ever wondered why absolute crap gets nominated year after year, just look at the membership.

by Anonymousreply 701/04/2013

Paul Bettany has been a member for many years and he's never been nominated. Though he should have.

by Anonymousreply 801/04/2013

Maybe if Bettany hadn't turned down the role of George VI in The King's Speech, he would already have an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 901/05/2013

tell more about jennifer jason leigh R3!

by Anonymousreply 1001/05/2013

I love Paul Bettany but I can't imagine him in that role. HBC stole the show anyway.

by Anonymousreply 1101/05/2013

Weird, when I saw this thread title I instantly thought of Jennifer Jason Leigh playing Meg Ryan's decapitated sister in "In the Cut" and then there was this reference to her being an Academy member! JJL must be so pissed watching Academy screeners when she was narrowly passed over so many times herself, no wonder she lends them to people.

by Anonymousreply 1201/05/2013

[quote] Is Meg Ryan in "The Academy"?

I haven't seen this film yet, but you can't recognize Meg anyway with that new face!

by Anonymousreply 1301/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.