Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Pitch Perfect

The red head is beautiful.

The main character is meh.

The boy is smoking hot.

by Anonymousreply 1409/25/2013

I just watched this movie over the holidays and was pleasantly surprised. I am always surprised at how much I enjoy Anna Kendrick's work. Love her!

by Anonymousreply 101/03/2013

The red head is the blonde chick from that old show American Dreams. I've always liked her.

by Anonymousreply 201/03/2013

Pretty much same with me R1. Watched this recently with no expectations and was damn surprised at how much I liked it. It reminded me that I really liked Anne Kendrick after watching Up in the Air.

However once I noticed how much the main guy looked like Dane Cook that did distract me throughout the entire movie.

by Anonymousreply 301/03/2013

I was disappointed in it. Much too much vomit, for starters. Must every comedy have gross-out elements now?

Anna Kendrick is a delightful actor. Loved her in Camp, loved her in Up in the Air. But she disappoints in her character's two big musical moments. It's not that she can't carry a tune--it's just that there was no display of ooompf. The song choice didn't help her, either. "Don't You Forget About Me" should've been replaced by "Like a Prayer." That would've been much more enjoyable, and more in keeping with the theme of young women bursting out of their comfort zones--naughty blending of sex and religion, and the chorus is written for, well, a chorus.

by Anonymousreply 404/06/2013

They are showing this a lot on HBO now and I find it very funny.

There were only two two scenes with vomit.

"Cups" is now a hit.

Anna Kendrick is going to be Cinderella in the movie of "Into the Woods."

Brittany Snow was in "American Dreams" and she looks great as a readhead.

Elizabeth Banks and John Michael Higgins are very funny as the a cappella commentators.

I think Rebel Wilson (Fat Amy) was fine, but she got all the good lines. She apparently is going to star in the upcoming sequel. I don't know if that is going to work.

by Anonymousreply 507/21/2013

I loved Hana Mae Lee, who played Lily. She sets fires to feel joy.

by Anonymousreply 607/21/2013

Fat Amy got "all the good lines" because she ad-libbed most of them, R5.

by Anonymousreply 707/21/2013

Watching this on cable now... really enjoying it.

The DJ guy at the radio station is fucking HOT. And the romantic-interest guy is adorkable.

Surprisingly funny and even a bit moving here and there.

by Anonymousreply 808/16/2013

Steve Newlin's wife played the same character in this movie :-)

by Anonymousreply 908/16/2013

There was a lot of hot male eye-candy in this movie. Surprisingly.

by Anonymousreply 1008/16/2013

I watched this a few nights back and I thought it was ok. It wasn't extremely funny. I know a sequel is in the works and I see that flopping.

by Anonymousreply 1108/17/2013

This is my new obsession and go to movie when there is nothing on television that I want to watch. I even bought the soundtrack for my birthday. It's a sweet and funny little movie with an impressive cast.

by Anonymousreply 1208/18/2013

I didn't think any of the males were particularly attractive save the DJ. Is the guy who plays the main character's dad gay in real life?

by Anonymousreply 1309/25/2013

The DJ was played by Freddie Stroma, aka Cormac MacLeggan from the Harry Potter movies. Grew up to be quite the hottie.

by Anonymousreply 1409/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!