Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I'm so sick of that damn Indian rape thing

Why should some obscure gang rape on the other side of the planet lead-off every newscast for two weeks?

Yeah, sad, terrible, rape is gross. But it happens everywhere, every day. It always has and it always will. Rapists rape.

But there's people in MY neighborhood starving. Pollution so thick it coats my car in the morning. People who have been unemployed for YEARS. Meth heads walking around like zombies.

I've never raped anyone. I've never been raped. Why should my ears be assaulted with this?

I listened to NPR all day and all I heard was: rape... India.... gang... Muslim... Al Qaeda... The Taliban... insurgents... car bomb... rape... India

I don't want to hear about these cretins anymore!!

by Captain Americareply 5701/04/2013

Lucky OP never has to worry about being raped (he thinks) so he decides the rest of the world shouldn't care that a society is so unsafe for women that grievous sexual assault is an everyday occurrence. Try flexing that empathy muscle a bit harder, OP, lest people think you're a shallow, self-centred asshole.

by Captain Americareply 301/03/2013

Too late R3.

by Captain Americareply 401/03/2013

"Pollution so thick it coats my car in the morning."

Where the hell do you live, 1950's Pittsburgh?

by Captain Americareply 501/03/2013

[quote]But it happens everywhere, every day. It always has and it always will.

With that logic, so will pollution, meth heads, unemployment...

Frankly, OP - nothing you listed is even remotely newsworthy.

The Indian Rape story is an atrocity on all levels. And was made even worse because the police all over India refused to take the woman's statement or even hunt down the rapists.

THAT'S what makes it shocking.

It's not just about brutal rape. It's about a country whose most powerful institutions allow it to happen without consequence.

Shithead.

by Captain Americareply 601/03/2013

One of the rapists actually tore part of her intestines out. She was repeatedly raped, while conscious and unconscious, maimed and thrown naked out of the bus.

There's no limit to the hatred some men feel for women.

by Captain Americareply 701/03/2013

[quote] It's about a country whose most powerful institutions allow it to happen without consequence.

I'd argue that it's also about the outrage on a local level and that things may finally start to change. At least it's awakened throngs of protesters

by Captain Americareply 801/03/2013

OP, you can always skip the ones you don't want to hear or see.

by Captain Americareply 1001/03/2013

OP is a voluntary ear rape victim. He asked for it and got it.

by Captain Americareply 1101/03/2013

I kind of agree with OP about NPR though. I love the human interest stories and interviews, but the international news is just so damned depressing. When you listen to it day after day, you start to get the feeling there is no hope.

by Captain Americareply 1201/03/2013

I bet you really think it's hot, OP, you perv.

by Captain Americareply 1301/03/2013

Maybe don't listen to NPR all day?

by Captain Americareply 1401/03/2013

Awww cheer up, OP. We can has gang rape here too, also.

by Captain Americareply 1501/03/2013

This incident is going to change India. That's massively important.

by Captain Americareply 1601/03/2013

Quiet frankly fuck you OP, I am starting to believe that there really is a high number of women haters on here. Of course the hate has to be Disguised Even if poorly.

by Captain Americareply 1701/03/2013

She is the Rosa Parks of rape.

by Captain Americareply 1801/03/2013

did you see the tape Anonymous posted, of the young thug bragging about raping her after she was dead, said: If she was pregnant the baby is now dead to. and then laughing about it?

apparently America is now completely lost. better get more guns. what other answer is there? /s

by Captain Americareply 2001/03/2013

I hope Anonymous makes life hell for those creeps. I wish Anonymous had more power than they really have in cases like this.

by Captain Americareply 2101/03/2013

[quote]It would fit in perfectly in India

Based on OP's description of where he lives, I'm guessing he lives in Delhi.

by Captain Americareply 2201/03/2013

[quote]This incident is going to change India.

Bullshit. They'll do showtrials on this for Western eyes. Once the world has moved on, India will go back to normal. This kind of ingrained baboonery doesn't get fixed overnight.

by Captain Americareply 2301/03/2013

What did Boehner do? What did he do about some volence against women, gays, transgender people? Wasn't there some bill he needed to sign but didn't sign. Seriously, how much shit do we have to take from these Republicans?

by Captain Americareply 2401/03/2013

OP is a rapist and does not belong on a gay forum.

by Captain Americareply 2501/03/2013

It just seems like our country doesn't care about us anymore. It has to go around the world and nosey into other country's problems. Free them from "brutal tyrants". Build schools. Cure hunger.

We can't save the world. Our money is running out.

The U.S. seems like a lifeboat, already overloaded and heading to pick up another bunch more victims. The danger that the boat may tip over hasn't occurred to anyone.

In the words of Annie Lennox: This boat is sinking.

by Captain Americareply 2601/03/2013

[quote]It just seems like our country doesn't care about us anymore. It has to go around the world and nosey into other country's problems. Free them from "brutal tyrants". Build schools. Cure hunger. We can't save the world. Our money is running out.

You should probably look at how much the US spends on domestic social spending and compare it to how much we spend on foreign aid before you make a fool out of yourself.

by Captain Americareply 2701/03/2013

"apparently America is now completely lost"

Because people never committed rape in the past. Oh, wait, they did.

(Rape is actually going down in the U.S., and has been going down for years)

by Captain Americareply 2801/03/2013

OP is a weirdo.

by Captain Americareply 2901/03/2013

So first you complain about the prominence of this issue in the news, and now you think the US can't afford the resources (what resources?) it's directing towards this matter? in the words of Annie Lennox: how could you be so uncool?

by Captain Americareply 3001/03/2013

OP if it's too much for you, just listen to local news on radio.

by Captain Americareply 3101/03/2013

[quote]did you see the tape Anonymous posted

link

by Captain Americareply 3201/03/2013

I'm glad that NPR still covers world events.

by Captain Americareply 3401/03/2013

Op is just a Thorn in My Side.

by Captain Americareply 3501/03/2013

If the OP is trolling, fine. Gotcha.

But if this lunatic drivel is intended as a serious defense of - what? Not hearing international news? Not caring about culturally embedded crimes against women? What, OP, you roiling mess of inane babble, you?

The idea that coverage of a very important story in India somehow takes away from the food available to the OP's neighbors and undermining the American economy is a disgusting revelation of a mind that - wherever it belongs - doesn't belong on a site like this. Even Chicken Little, the OP's ancestor, would have understood this.

Shoo.

by Captain Americareply 3601/03/2013

[quote] And maybe you don't care because you are a gay man

Enough. As bad as OP. F&F

by Captain Americareply 3701/03/2013

[quote]did you see the tape Anonymous posted, of the young thug bragging about raping her after she was dead, said: If she was pregnant the baby is now dead to. and then laughing about it?

What tape? She died in the hospital so she was not "raped after she died."

by Captain Americareply 3801/03/2013

I dont think that you are a Freeper OP, but the shit you Said Sounds like the things rightwingers would say.

by Captain Americareply 3901/03/2013

@r38 - the Anonymous leak relates to the Steubenville rape case (16 yr old girl raped by football players w/ suspicions of cover-up), not the gang-rape/murder in India.

by Captain Americareply 4001/03/2013

I think what OP means is that even though this rape in India was horrifying, there ARE a lot of equally - or nearly - horrifying crimes that happen in THIS country too. America is too long worrying about other countries' problems and not so much about our own (homelessness, poverty, kids going hungry, etc.) Don't even get me started about Americans dying abroad for OTHER countries' fucking problems.

by Captain Americareply 4101/03/2013

OP is not the only one trolling here

by Captain Americareply 4301/03/2013

The U.S isn't a safest place, you can get shot dead when watching a movie and while learning ABC in school. I feel you OP.

by Captain Americareply 4401/03/2013

R44 but what I don't understand is...... Don't u think that the Autora incident and all the others got plenty news reporting it. I'm not American yet I know what's goin on in the US as its always covered over here.

by Captain Americareply 4501/03/2013

Can't you just turn the channel?

Listen to some nice relaxing music until you get home and can tune into the local news.

by Captain Americareply 4601/03/2013

R45 I'm not American either yet they kept shoving the american news down to our throats like crazy. But I never whine like the OP, because i really feel bad for the victims's family and fear that this could as well happen outside the U.S., as the shooting spree is becoming a popular hobby.

by Captain Americareply 4701/03/2013

R47 Yup, OP if u think that you are being spammed with foreign news, then come to Europe and watch tv they always report everything that happens in the US. I actually like it, before the election they even showed documentaries on the tea party.

by Captain Americareply 4801/03/2013

It's not out of context when it's your prejudice and generalization

by Captain Americareply 5001/03/2013

It was rape; but was it rape-rape?

by Captain Americareply 5101/03/2013

OP has to be trolling or he's just a big loser. The media attention might put pressure on those Indians to clean up their act when it comes to women.

by Captain Americareply 5201/03/2013

r50, I am not straight. It was a criticism of the OP. It was not prejudice or generalization. Did you read MAYBE as I was trying to figure out what in the world would be the OPs reasoning for such a post.

But you are defending the OP apparently.

by Captain Americareply 5301/04/2013

Wow OP for all your bitching about the India rape story dominating the news... I don't know why you're complaining about it because you obviously haven't paid attention to the story. To read your infantile whining one would think it's "just another rape, we've go our own rapes, so why waste our time with it" story. What a dumbass.

by Captain Americareply 5401/04/2013

"But there's people in MY neighborhood starving. Pollution so thick it coats my car in the morning. People who have been unemployed for YEARS. Meth heads walking around like zombies. "

And you don't see how the contempt for the rights of others, and the devaluation of the powerless, has created those conditions? It's all interconnected, and you shouldn't comment on public life until you get that.

by Captain Americareply 5501/04/2013

OP, I know you're trolling, but at some level you must believe what you're saying, or you wouldn't have written it.

So here's one for you: Why should anyone else in the world care about the people starving and the pollution in YOUR neighborhood if YOU don't care about a woman gangraped to death with a metal rod somewhere else?

by Captain Americareply 5601/04/2013

Pakistan is using it to show how much more moral Mohammadians are than Injuns.

by Captain Americareply 5701/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.