Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

JUICING?

Or should I get a Nutribullet? THis is a cheaper investment than a big juicer. Anyone try one?

by Anonymousreply 3401/25/2013

I bought one, and it's changed the way I eat. I was already a vegetarian, but now I'm mostly a juicetarian! I only eat maybe one solid meal a day; the rest is juice. I make bunch once a week and freeze it. That way, I don't have to clean the juicer every day. Buy a good one. I initially bought a cheap Black and Decker model, but it broke after a week. I splurged and bought a Breville. It was worth it. The motor is stronger, plus it gets more juice out of the vegetable than the cheaper model, so it ultimately pay for itself.

by Anonymousreply 101/04/2013

If you are new to this get the Nutribullet. If you're still using it in a few months, get a Breville.

Personally, I like the Blendtec (which I have) and even something like the Nutribullet, because you get ALL of the fiber in the fruits and vegetables. I have a Breville as well, but I mostly use the Blendtec, unless I just want a pure juice.. Carrot, for example. You can't get carrot juice from a Nutribullet / Blendtec / Vitamix.

by Anonymousreply 201/04/2013

A friend just got the Nutribullet and loves it. I can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 301/09/2013

I agree with R2. Go with something like a Nutribullet, Blendtec, or Vitamix. I have a Nutribullet and I couldn't be happier with it. And only $100.

by Anonymousreply 401/24/2013

you must poop less if all you primarily consume is juice...

by Anonymousreply 501/24/2013

Acme, worth the money.

by Anonymousreply 601/24/2013

It's better to eat whole fruit than fruit juice, so forget it.

by Anonymousreply 701/24/2013

Don't juice. That is so 20 years ago.

You want to use the WHOLE food and get more nutrition and fiber.

Buy a Vitamix. I did last week and it is amazing.

by Anonymousreply 801/24/2013

Vitamix or Blendtec. Juicing is over.

by Anonymousreply 901/24/2013

Well, it's better than a margaritaville.

by Anonymousreply 1001/24/2013

This headline on Gawker made me laugh yesterday:

[quote]January 23, 2013 – Expensive "whole-food juicers" chop produce "into a high-fiber drink." Not to be confused with blenders, which they are.

by Anonymousreply 1101/24/2013

Love my Nutribullet. It's fantastic. I use it everyday. So easy to clean. And it does a great job of pulverizing my fruits and veggies.

by Anonymousreply 1201/24/2013

[quote]you must poop less if all you primarily consume is juice...

And if you use a Blendtec, Nutribullet, or Vitamix, you will poop more than ever.

by Anonymousreply 1301/24/2013

juicing? juice is mother nature's way of getting you to eat the whole fruit/vegetable. you'll be throwing away the bulk of where the nutrients are at including your money.

by Anonymousreply 1401/24/2013

OMG! Juicing is the hottest new trend!!!

EVERYBODY is doing it!!!

by Anonymousreply 1501/24/2013

Wasn't juicing meant for those who physically could not chew?

by Anonymousreply 1601/24/2013

Juicing is a GREAT way to add a lot of sugar to your diet.

by Anonymousreply 1701/24/2013

I have a Vitamix. When I feel like juice I blend all the vegetables (I don't do fruit juice since it's FULL of sugar) and then strain what is essentially a smoothie with a milk nut bag. The nut bag is easier to clean than any juicer.

I get perfect green juice this way.

by Anonymousreply 1801/24/2013

[quote]Juicing is a GREAT way to add a lot of sugar to your diet.

AND you avoid all that annoying fiber and those nutrients!

by Anonymousreply 1901/24/2013

Yeah, I don't get it. I'd rather eat the whole fruit. I keep reading it's better for you.

by Anonymousreply 2101/24/2013

Juicing is gay slang for drinking piss.

by Anonymousreply 2201/24/2013

bitch please

by Anonymousreply 2301/24/2013

I got a Ninja - Kale, Spinach, frozen strawberries, 1 cup egg whites and a lil cranberry all day long. So good.

by Anonymousreply 2401/24/2013

I was looking to jump in a few weeks ago when Macys had them on sale but I was turned off by how much vegetables just one cup needs to make a full cup.

Not only is it expensive, but if you're not going to go organic (even more expensive), the whole thing is pointless as you just take in all the toxins from the non-organic products.

by Anonymousreply 2501/24/2013

My sister has the Ninja. It is not in the same league as the Vitamix. It leaves uneven chunks.

I find it very unsatisfactory in chopping vegetables, too. If I put an opinion in, half of it will be over-processed watery mush and the other half will be under-processed big pieces of onion.

by Anonymousreply 2601/24/2013

If you want to drink vegetables why not have a V8 and skip the hassle?

by Anonymousreply 2701/24/2013

V8 is 90% fruit juice (tomatoes) and isn't fresh.

I throw in kale, celery, cucumber, ginger, parsley and apple and a lime.

by Anonymousreply 2801/24/2013

That's exactly what I put in my Vitamix, R28. Then I strain it to get the juice. Most of the time I do green smoothies.

by Anonymousreply 2901/24/2013

"My sister has the Ninja. It is not in the same league as the Vitamix. It leaves uneven chunks."

Is that a Ninja with just the large blending container, R26?

I bought a Ninja that has the large container (with multiple food-processor style blades), and two single-serve containers with conventional blender blades. I haven't used the large container for anything yet, but I've been really impressed with the single-serve ones.

Comparing my smoothies to the ones from Jugo Juice (where they use heavy-duty Vitamix machines), I think mine are just as smooth, with less blending time, at a quarter of the Vitamix price. (The Ninja won't stand up to the same use, of course, but my blending needs are pretty simple.)

by Anonymousreply 3001/24/2013

I regretfully did not buy a Vitamix to save money and now I regret it. I bought a cheaper version and it's now sitting on my baker's rack because it sucks.

by Anonymousreply 3101/24/2013

What did you buy, R31?

by Anonymousreply 3201/25/2013

[quote]Then I strain it to get the juice.

What a moroon.

by Anonymousreply 3301/25/2013

I use the smaller blending container as well on the ninja I have had zero issues - it will turn frozen strawberries, raw kale, spinach and egg whites into a amazing tasting smoothing I drink through a straw..no chunks here.

by Anonymousreply 3401/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.