Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The worse New Year's Eve broadcast ever has gone viral. "Shockingly", it is from LA.

It's a cavalcade of stars! Jamie Kennedy! Shannon Elizabeth! Bone Thugs 'n Harmony! Macy Gray, barely alive! And somewhere in the background, Nickelodeon kids star Drake Bell!

"On 12/31/2012, KDOC in LA aired a LIVE (NO DELAY) New Year's Eve show. ALL of the F-bombs, audio and video glitches, awkward pauses and drunk teleprompter mimics are 100% how the show aired. No tape doctoring necessary. Enjoy what probably is the last time KDOC will ever do anything live ever again. OH, and the best part...the info said "Featuring Mario Lopez, Eva Longoria, Joey Lawrence and Jennifer Love Hewitt". NONE of them showed up and instead they filled 90 minutes with Jamie Kennedy, a clearly high Macy Gray, and Bone Thugs N' Harmony who didn't get the memo not to curse. ENJOY."

by Anonymousreply 3701/04/2013

Flawless

by Anonymousreply 101/03/2013

If you don't want to or can't watch the video:

Some of the highlights:

At one point, the show interviews one of Hugh Hefner‘s ex-girlfriends holding a Carl’s Jr. cheeseburger because the burger chain sponsored this hot steaming pile of disaster.

Macy Gray (remember her?!?!?!) dropped by to give what seems like a completely stoned performance of that song that won her a Grammy 12 friggin’ years ago.

On multiple occasions, Kennedy and/or the show’s producers ask on a hot mic whether the show is currently live (hint: it was) while liberally peppering in some profanity for the sake of it. The first few seconds of one return from commercial break began with Kennedy on-stage looking around confusedly while off-camera voices asked “Where’s my stage manager?” and declared: “Don’t fucking give me shit.”

The control room couldn’t seem to figure out how to press the right buttons and so interviews were cut off mid-sentence, camera shots sometimes never changed, random Carl’s Jr. ads ran during the middle of broadcast, and a video of Jamie Kennedy at a comedy club took about 10 seconds to load.

One random woman in the crowd figured out how to read teleprompter behind co-host Stu Stone and mimicked his read for an entire two minutes. Sheer brilliance.

Some guy dropped a big ol’ “motherfucker” live on-air.

Oh hey, Bone Thugs-n-Harmony (remember THEM?!?!?!?!) must’ve time-traveled from the 1990s to perform a few songs, seemingly missing the memo about “not cursing on air,” because… umm… they cursed. A lot.

Kennedy channels the 2003 film that made him relevant for 10 whole minutes — Malibu’s Most Wanted — [bold]and tries his best at hitting on a drunk black woman: “You should go white, because it’ll keep your vagina very tight.”[/bold]

The show ends with a spontaneous fight on-stage behind the hosts… and then silence as the credits roll. Perfection.

by Anonymousreply 201/03/2013

Here I thought "The Fall of the House of Usher" starring Ray Walston and Charlene Tilton was as low as it ever got.

by Anonymousreply 301/03/2013

According to the twitter of the guy who posted the vid, they also rang in New Year's LATE because their live clock stopped.

by Anonymousreply 401/03/2013

Kennedy channels the 2003 film that made him relevant for 10 whole minutes — Malibu’s Most Wanted — and tries his best at hitting on a drunk black woman: “You should go white, because it’ll keep your vagina very tight.”

No,no. Jaime it's once you've gone white you know you've got it right! As corny as that line is, at least you could have had a chance to screw that girl.No black woman once they are used to big ,black cock want a white boy hung like a pimple!

by Anonymousreply 501/03/2013

What a fucking train wreck.

by Anonymousreply 601/03/2013

Thank you guys, at some points I thought it was a parody. This is gold.

by Anonymousreply 701/03/2013

Perfection

by Anonymousreply 801/03/2013

The guy who posted it has promised to post a longer vid soon.

by Anonymousreply 901/03/2013

I love the note that the guy who edited down and posted the video added:

[quote]I just have to say...this is the first comment thread I've seen in a long time that stayed on topic and didn't somehow devolve into a debate on health care or why the President shouldn't be black. Bravo, people.

by Anonymousreply 1001/03/2013

[quote]It's a cavalcade of stars! Jamie Kennedy! Shannon Elizabeth! Bone Thugs 'n Harmony! Macy Gray, barely alive!

Was it a 1999-themed New Year's Eve celebration or something?

You know something is REALLY bad when even Joey Lawrence and Jennifer Love Hewitt back out.

by Anonymousreply 1101/03/2013

[quote] The worse

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 1201/03/2013

Oh how sad. KDOC had it taken down due to copyright infringement. I'm one of the lucky few to have seen it.

by Anonymousreply 1301/03/2013

Truly incredible. If someone made it up I'd tell them it would be impossible.

by Anonymousreply 1401/03/2013

This is best thing I've seen in a while. Ironically, it provokes more LoLs than any comedy Hollywood has produced in at least ten years.

by Anonymousreply 1501/03/2013

Damn it's gone from You Tube.

by Anonymousreply 1601/03/2013

[quote]Damn it's gone from You Tube.

You can still find other videos of it on YouTube if you type in "KDOC New" in the search.

by Anonymousreply 1701/03/2013

What a mess! The event didn't draw much of a crowd either. The Carl'r jr. exc who pitched the idea of sponsoring this disaster to corporate is probably unemployed now.

Are all LA Z-list wannabe celebs Douchebags?

by Anonymousreply 1801/03/2013

It's *still* less cringe-inducing and shameful than Kathy's fake fellatio on Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 1901/03/2013

I kept seeing commercials for this from one of the second-tier broadcast channels in Sacramento (I was visiting there last week.) In addition to all of the has-beens mentioned, they also kept bragging about MENA SUVARI, for fuck's sake. Did she even show up? Talk about someone whose career went into the dumper fast.

Anyway, the big claim to fame for this ceremony was that it was supposed to be the only LIVE telecast of NYE in the Pacific Time Zone. I think they tried something like that many years ago, sponsored by TV stations in the major cities (e.g., Seattle, Las Vegas, SF, LA, etc.) but it didn't become a recurring event.

by Anonymousreply 2001/03/2013

you can watch it at mediaite

by Anonymousreply 2101/03/2013

New link with highlights... Too fucking funny

by Anonymousreply 2201/03/2013

[quote]It's *still* less cringe-inducing and shameful than Kathy's fake fellatio on Anderson.

Well, you got a point there.

by Anonymousreply 2301/03/2013

That was really ghetto.

by Anonymousreply 2401/04/2013

That was hilarious. I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.

by Anonymousreply 2501/04/2013

Bullshit R19. Whoever threw this thing together should never show their face in public again.

by Anonymousreply 2601/04/2013

Everyone's name rolled on the credits at the end. Every single last one, it seemed like.

by Anonymousreply 2701/04/2013

How did the two street walkers end up on the stage with jamie Kennedy?

by Anonymousreply 2801/04/2013

R28 No one else had shown up so they paid the whores to come up on stage and entertain everyone!

What a mess this was. Why didn't they claim that Speilberg,Lindsay Buckingham and Obama were showing up as well!This will be the death knell for Kennedy and Shannon Elizabeth's career, oh then again their careers were already over to begin with!

What was that female host on? She seemed like a drag queen version of Michelle Visage from RuPaul's drag show. She was absolutely clueless!

by Anonymousreply 2901/04/2013

Is Macy Gray prepping for "The Aretha Franklin Story?" Sure looks like it...

by Anonymousreply 3001/04/2013

Nice try, r19, but no.

by Anonymousreply 3101/04/2013

They're all looking at massive FCC fines.

by Anonymousreply 3201/04/2013

Does the FCC fine anyone anymore? It doesn't feel like there have been any attempt to have standards in the past couple of decades.

by Anonymousreply 3301/04/2013

Does this ring a bell, R33?

by Anonymousreply 3401/04/2013

It is a rare occassion when anything is called out as gross, R34. To most people, that was a big joke - no one was shocked. We are long gone from the days when a tv show says "damn" (was it MTM or MASH?) and gets in trouble for it. South Park to reality tv is nothing but grossness.

by Anonymousreply 3501/04/2013

Is this BET?

by Anonymousreply 3601/04/2013

A couple are still up on Youtube

by Anonymousreply 3701/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.