Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Are hit 'n runs intentional?

Reading this article about a box turtle experiment, and thinking about how many mammals I see dead in the road... makes me wonder if there are psychopaths out there who actually "hunt" humans. Just go out driving looking for someone in the wrong place at the wrong time, to satisfy their bloodlust.

Most of these perps are never caught.

by Anonymousreply 1301/05/2013

How dreadful! Regarding the turtles.

Intentional hit and runs - I can see it ...

by Anonymousreply 101/02/2013

I had to step into the street from the sidewalk to avoid a snowdrift one recent dark morning, and there was an SUV heading in my direction. I literally heard it accelerate. No one would have been around to witness it.

by Anonymousreply 201/03/2013

It's always accidental!

by Anonymousreply 301/03/2013

My Aunt is best friends with her minister's wife (sanctimoniously religious bitch who acts like she lives for the bible). The wife told me that she hates squirrels so much that she aims for them and hits them when she sees them trying to cross the road

WTF kind of sick person does this to an animal? A bad person that's who

by Anonymousreply 401/03/2013

The Great Santini would aim his car at the tortoises crossing the highway at night.

by Anonymousreply 501/04/2013

Yes, OP. All of them are intentional and they are never, ever accidental. The voices in my head told me so.

by Anonymousreply 601/04/2013

R2, that's frightening. Glad you're ok.

by Anonymousreply 701/04/2013

I crossed against the light by accident as a pedestrian last week because it was a tiny intersection and it never occurred to me oncoming traffic had a left turn arrow. I started across, saw the left turner coming and speeded up past the center line, where I slowed down, but after she saw me and yelled "idiot" out the window, she actually accelerated and swerved into the empty lane headed opposite her turn direction to try to hit me. Fortunately she just missed, but it was not for want of trying.

by Anonymousreply 801/04/2013

As far as hit and runs... I think some of them have to do with drunk driving laws. d.

If someone can get away at the time of the accident instead of being busted for felony drunk driving and going to jail... they will try to.

Even if they're found later, the alcohol will be out of their system and the hit and run is considered lesser crime than a felony DWI.

by Anonymousreply 901/04/2013

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1001/04/2013

Years ago, I was out on a date with a guy I knew in college. He was driving us somewhere and a small animal (might have been a chipmunk) ran across the road. He delibrately swirved to hit him and yelled out "Gotcha".

He did not appreciate the dirty look I gave him and we didn't date much after that.

No idea if he ever started hitting humans, but it wouldn't surprise me.

by Anonymousreply 1101/04/2013

Yes, some are, OP.

It's well-known that suicides rise after a notable one makes the news. There's a study which establishes a similar effect with car "accidents". After a newsworthy murder, incidents where cars hit and maim or kill someone spike, as do "accidents" where the driver dies rise after a notable suicide.

A cousin of mine, who had a hard life, died when she crashed her car. I can't help think it was intentional.

And if you look at threads here about cyclists you'll see the sociopathic motorists come out and plainly threaten to harm people with their cars.

by Anonymousreply 1201/05/2013

R12 another sad think to know.

by Anonymousreply 1301/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!