Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Cavill Thread Part II

We love you Henry! Make us proud!

And by 'us' I mean Superman fans!

by Anonymousreply 15101/15/2013

Henry's face morphed with Chris Reeve, Tom Welling and Brandon Routh (no Dean Cain?)

by Anonymousreply 101/02/2013

Cleaned up somewhat

by Anonymousreply 201/02/2013

Never mind, Cain is there.

by Anonymousreply 301/02/2013

They should have used Welling's lips. And eyes.

The used his cheekbones, right?

by Anonymousreply 401/03/2013

Looks mainly like Brandon Routh to me.

by Anonymousreply 501/04/2013

New still!

by Anonymousreply 601/04/2013

Nobody ever heard of him.

by Anonymousreply 701/06/2013

R7 lives under a rock

by Anonymousreply 801/06/2013

R8 - Raci$t Le$bian Vegan Catholic Troll Alert!

by Anonymousreply 1001/06/2013

Bizarre, R9

by Anonymousreply 1101/06/2013

Isn't she dead? Of an overdose?

by Anonymousreply 1201/06/2013

So why are they bringing back Superman so soon after the failure of the last one?

by Anonymousreply 1401/07/2013

Henry Cavill, Scoot McNairy And More Wanted For Lead Role In GODZILLA Remake

First we learned that two of Godzilla's producers have exited the reboot. Then it was revealed that the script was getting a rewrite from The Walking Dead's Frank Darabont. NOW, a short list of actors has been revealed that the studio wants and it includes some big CBM stars!

by Anonymousreply 1501/07/2013

The Matthew Broderick/Maria Bell 1998 reboot was unwatchable. Godzilla was a total pussy who hiked up his skirts and ran through Manhattan when chased by copters. Even Jean Reno couldn't save it.

by Anonymousreply 1601/07/2013

R14 the studios want a Marvel like franchise= Iron Man/Thor/The Avengers

by Anonymousreply 1701/10/2013

Well hopefully they won't get one, R17

by Anonymousreply 1801/10/2013

Well, apparently, Cavill is out for the role. Some dude name Aaron Johnson was offered it.

by Anonymousreply 1901/11/2013

I'm certainly disappointed that Henry Cavill appears to be bearding not just once but TWICE within the last year alone. But I guess in 2013 it is still unrealistic to expect an openly-gay Superman.

by Anonymousreply 2001/11/2013

It's no surprise that Cavill wants action roles. After all, action roles require the least amount of talent and charisma.

by Anonymousreply 2101/11/2013

And maybe the opportunity to get into action with a lot of hot stuntmen, R21 ?

by Anonymousreply 2201/11/2013

R22 Well, that could very well be too!

by Anonymousreply 2301/11/2013

Do you think Henry has ever sharted while he's working out?

by Anonymousreply 2501/11/2013

Go away, scat troll at R25

by Anonymousreply 2601/11/2013

I've read somewhere that Gina Carano might be a lesbian. Well, that would explain a lot.

Double bearding?

by Anonymousreply 2701/11/2013

She's certainly very butch.

by Anonymousreply 2801/11/2013

Henry and Gina made their red carpet debut last night.

If he is bearding, then this is the most transgressive bearding I have ever seen. A lady wrestler?

And Ellen Whitaker? The reason they were never pictured together is because is would look like a photocall for "The Heiress."

He knows what he's doing.

I don't care what you are Henry, just find someone that makes you happy!

Some of these photos of him (alone) are breathtaking.

by Anonymousreply 2901/11/2013

This is why I love Amy Adams.

by Anonymousreply 3001/11/2013

R29/R30 = IMDB fangurl

by Anonymousreply 3101/11/2013

Henry looks dead behind the eyes, don't you think?

by Anonymousreply 3201/11/2013

Fake

by Anonymousreply 3301/11/2013

[quote]Henry looks dead behind the eyes, don't you think?

Yep. That's what happens when you sell your soul to the Hollywood machine. Oh well, that's his problem.

His PR people keep fucking up. They knew that nobody fell for the whole "engagement" with the last beard since there were no pictures of them together, so now they're making sure that with the new beard to make sure there are plenty of photo ops with them together. The only problem is they've got him bearding with a butch female closet case.

You can bet this charade will be over a few months after the Superman promotion is done.

by Anonymousreply 3401/11/2013

Does Cavill know this woman? Do you think it's possible that he got to choose the beard and he chose her because they were already friends or something? Just a suggestion. I doubt any publicist would suggest such a butch woman to beard up with.

by Anonymousreply 3501/11/2013

The only reason I can think of why they chose Gina is because she is a fan favorite to play Wonder Woman in Justice League (admittedly a role she looks born to play).

I wonder if they twirl together.

by Anonymousreply 3601/11/2013

R36 Good point. If she indeed is talked to be the next Wonder Woman, it would explain why they are "dating". It would create a lot of buzz for sure.

by Anonymousreply 3701/11/2013

Haha I love all the Jillian Michaels mentions in the Dlisted comments lol!

by Anonymousreply 3801/11/2013

Isn't Henry turning 30 this Spring?

by Anonymousreply 3901/11/2013

Sad. Fame trumps honesty for some people. Bet you he has trouble sleeping at night...regardless of who's next to him.

by Anonymousreply 4001/11/2013

R39 Yep, in May. IMO he looks older.

by Anonymousreply 4101/11/2013

I bet Zack Snyder would've supported him him too if he was out or comes out after Man of Steel. I don't particularly care for all of Snyder's movies but he and his wife seem like good people.

by Anonymousreply 4201/11/2013

R42, isn't money the bottom line in Hollywood, though?

by Anonymousreply 4301/11/2013

He is again wearing shoes with a tall heel. Is his beard very tall or what?

by Anonymousreply 4401/11/2013

They'll support him after he comes out. [italic]After[/italic] Superman.

Seriously, Henry may or may not be gay, he may want to come out or he may not want to, but he will [italic]not[italic] come out, at least explicitly, as long as he is bound to his Superman 3-picture deal. The last two Nolan Batman pictures grossed over a billion each and expectations are high for Man of Steel to be a similarly prolific franchise. Everyone has $$$ tied up into Henry and r43 is right, that is the bottom line.

by Anonymousreply 4501/11/2013

Ugh. We have to go through THREE Superman movies? I hope the first one bombs and they don't make anymore.

by Anonymousreply 4601/11/2013

[/italic][/italic]End Italic.

by Anonymousreply 4701/11/2013

This thread is making my neck hurt.

by Anonymousreply 4801/11/2013

Yes, R49. That's exactly what I'm suggesting.

If we boycott these movies, perhaps they'll end and Henry will come out of the closet sooner.

by Anonymousreply 5001/11/2013

R51, the longer that Henry is involved with the Superman franchise, the longer it will be before he can come out.

If it ends sooner and he goes back to being less high-profile, there's more of a chance he can be himself.

by Anonymousreply 5201/11/2013

I don't feel that way anymore, R53.

I don't normally care about these things that much, but engaging in such obvious bearding is insulting to my intelligence and turns me off.

by Anonymousreply 5401/11/2013

What r54 said. I don't need an actor to validate my life, and I am understanding of actors who choose to be glass closeted or who don't explicitly come out for whatever reason, whether it be family, career, or something else. .

But I have no time or patience for someone in the public eye who actively, knowingly beards. I'm certainly not going to give him my money, not even indirectly. So no, I don't wish him success, at least not until he comes out.

by Anonymousreply 5501/11/2013

But R52.. we don't have any proof he will for sure come out after the Superman movies are done either. He might as well do a great job as Superman and then if he comes out that will be great. But I think boycotting his movies so he can come out faster is a dumb decision.

by Anonymousreply 5601/11/2013

Is it pretty much agreed on this thread then that he is, in fact, gay?

by Anonymousreply 5701/11/2013

The consensus appears to be moving in that direction, R57.

by Anonymousreply 5801/12/2013

Count me in R54 & R55. I am SICK of this DISGUSTING bearding shit that goes on in Hollywood and I refuse to accept it anymore. It's 2013 and nothing's changed since the days of Rock Hudson. I will not spend any of my money on people who care more about fame and fortune than they do making a difference in their community. When they do shit like this, it makes it look like being gay is something shameful and awful that should be hidden and denied.

I also hope the movie flops. Same goes for the movies of any other closeted actor.

He's not even that great of an actor anyway.

by Anonymousreply 5901/12/2013

R53 = Neville Chamberlain

by Anonymousreply 6001/12/2013

Old photo of Henry with some more male friends:

by Anonymousreply 6101/12/2013

Work it, girl!

by Anonymousreply 6201/12/2013

It looks as if he took that pic himself at R62. How precious he looks.

by Anonymousreply 6301/12/2013

This photo of Henry looks like it may have been taken at East/West Lounge in West Hollywood. It's a gay bar that recently closed.

Can anyone here who knows West Hollywood well confirm?

by Anonymousreply 6401/12/2013

Girl, please!

by Anonymousreply 6501/12/2013

R66 = Fangurl

by Anonymousreply 6701/12/2013

Actually R66 is right. Why punish only closeted and bearding actors, but not studios who are forcing them to do it?

And no, I don't condone lying and bearding. It's one thing to refuse to talk about your private life, which I respect, and it's a completely different thing to resort to bearding, which is disgusting and pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 6801/12/2013

Just one thing to say about Miss Cavill:

by Anonymousreply 7001/12/2013

It is the eldergays who are angriest, because labels are the most important thing to them.

by Anonymousreply 7101/12/2013

You may be right, R71. And as an eldergay myself, that makes me sad. Screw labels. It is a new generation of young gay men out there. Let them now take the lead and move forward. The past is important as sacrifices were made and risks were taken to get to the various levels of inclusion today. However, if young men like Cavill choose to live their lives privately,or with girls on their arms, it is their decisions to make. It is hoped that as we continue to progress, the male celebrities who are indeed gay, will be able to come out if they choose so without the risk of career ruination.

by Anonymousreply 7201/12/2013

Almost all gay actors who have achieved some success in Hollywood have bearded in one way or another - and YES, the glass closet is a kind of beard, because it influences behavior - not taking a same sex partner to a premiere or posing for pictures with them, etc., things that straight actors do without second thought.

Henry did not make the rules. If he wants to take this lady wrestler to premieres, I say more power to him.

by Anonymousreply 7301/12/2013

I understand what you are saying, R73, and you make some good points. I just think it's insulting to watch TWO apparent bearding arrangements within the space of a year.

by Anonymousreply 7401/12/2013

Is shame hardwired into gay DNA?

by Anonymousreply 7501/12/2013

Look at the big IMDB thread the Henry fangirls are having about him and Gina!

[quote]I have never gotten the gay vibe from HC. That doesn't mean anything of course, but I just don't see it.

by Anonymousreply 7601/12/2013

So he wants to fool the heteros. So let the heteros be fooled. Look at all those stupid twats on ONTD when he announced his engagement to Ellen: "OMG IM DEVASTED!!! OH NOES NOW HE WON'T MARRY ME!" The cunts couldn't even be happy for him and his pretend bride.

It's like the joke on "Will & Grace" : Someone will buy it.

Henry was literally plucked from high school to be in the movies and then spent the past decade losing roles: Superman (back in 03), Edward Cullen (it was written FOR him!), Cedric Diggory, Batman, James Bond (2nd place) and who knows what else. Now he is give a role that will make him a great movie hero. What bigger movie hero is there than Superman? To really understand how much this means, go to the Comicbookmovie or Superherohype forums, where Superman is worshipped like God, and read what the fans say about Henry. They love him and want him to succeed! They believe he can do justice to the role. Nobody was like that with Brandon Routh.

Henry has the opportunity to definitively define a legendary hero on screen. In a perfect world, people's expectations would only be limited to his onscreen portrayal but like he says quite ominously in the trailer, "If people knew who I really was, they'd reject me out of fear." If Henry is the perfect Superman then maybe, in the future, he can change people's perceptions, and a great thing will have been done. But for now, he's very limited in what he can do and how he can represent himself.

by Anonymousreply 7701/12/2013

[quote]definitively define

Awkward wording.

by Anonymousreply 7801/12/2013

R76, the IMDB thread is seriously hilarious. Look at this breakdown a fangurl had over a suggestion Henry may be gay.

by Anonymousreply 7901/12/2013

Oops. Link in right place now.

by Anonymousreply 8001/12/2013

"Edward Cullen (it was written FOR him!)"

So why didn't he get it then? It's not like Pattinson was any more famous than him without the Twilight part.

by Anonymousreply 8201/12/2013

He was too old (25) by the time the movie got made. At least that's the conventional wisdom.

by Anonymousreply 8301/12/2013

R81 The fangurl is in denial. Henry being gay spoils the dreams of these hormonals teens/twenties.

by Anonymousreply 8401/13/2013

It's already being reported from one critic that "Man of Steel" is the best Superman yet, and Henry Cavill gives a heartbreaking performance. Also, the flying scenes are breathtaking!

by Anonymousreply 8501/13/2013

You lost me at:

[quote] Henry Cavill gives a heartbreaking performance[/quote]

Nope, not buying this critique, when the movie is pretty much top secret.

by Anonymousreply 8601/13/2013

New Trailer!

by Anonymousreply 8701/13/2013

Do you think Henry's ever pumped an ass?

by Anonymousreply 8801/13/2013

[quote]The fangirl is actually articulate and is providing reasonable arguments to someone who is pushing a somewhat insulting "gay by association" thesis.

No, no one is presenting a 'gay by association' thesis. What some people are saying is that considering the suspicious timing of the 'engagement' with the announcement of the Superman part, added to the fact that there are dozens of photographs of Henry Cavill with the openly-gay Corey Spears and other gay men in gay bars, there is more likelihood of him being gay than straight.

by Anonymousreply 8901/13/2013

Oh, well. Just one more closeted pussy in Hollywood. I won't be spending my money to see any of his movies. His acting is terrible anyway.

by Anonymousreply 9001/13/2013

I love Henry!

by Anonymousreply 9101/13/2013

Could those of you with IMDB accounts please go onto the Henry thread and make sure our point of view gets represented?

by Anonymousreply 9201/13/2013

[quote]Could those of you with IMDB accounts please go onto the Henry thread and make sure our point of view gets represented?

Don't worry - the fangurls (like at R91) come on this site regularly. I've even seen DL mentioned in a few of the thread there before.

by Anonymousreply 9301/13/2013

From a poster at IMDB:

[quote]Fact: I know he's gay or, at the very least, bisexual. Ask if you want details.

[quote]Okay. I'm acquainted with Corey Spears, and Henry and Corey used to hang (I don't know if they still do). Corey is gay. Henry used to go to East/West which was a gay bar in Santa Monica. One night Corey, Henry and a few other people left E/W for an evening of extra-curricular activities. Fun was had by all that night. All were male.

[quote]And I'll just bring up something else for verification: Henry was known to have a "girly arse" when he was in school. People who are acquainted with him will know that.

by Anonymousreply 9401/13/2013

Hello and welcome fangirl at R96. Thanks for ruining yet another thread. Sorry to say but Cavill is most likely gay. I can't wait to say "told you so" in a few years time when he comes out.

by Anonymousreply 9701/13/2013

Why should he come out? There are no consequences for him if he stays closeted (IF he's gay, that is), as the gays can't muster up a decent protest for love or money and the closet is so respected.

by Anonymousreply 9801/13/2013

Funny:

"you always bring drama here. you are probably a drama queen, or just a queen from datalonge, which´s the same.

btw thanks for not calling us 'fraus' , it must have taken you great efforts not to do that, i appriciate that."

by Anonymousreply 9901/13/2013

[quote]Henry Cavill is "gay friendly'" not gay.

Do gay-friendly straight guys usually spend so much time in gay bars, or with their arms draped around their gay friends?

by Anonymousreply 10001/13/2013

What's funny about it, R99?

by Anonymousreply 10101/13/2013

How many Cavill threads do we need here? Who the hell does he think he is, Anne Hathaway?

by Anonymousreply 10201/13/2013

[quote]Why should he come out? There are no consequences for him if he stays closeted (IF he's gay, that is), as the gays can't muster up a decent protest for love or money and the closet is so respected.

Well.. he won't, obviously. There's a reason he stays closeted, and I don't see him coming out until his career takes a downfall, especially not until superman is over, and even then it will probably take a few years before he comes out. And yeah.. most gays will go see his movies because he's hot. They don't care about his pathetic bearding behavior, which is kinda sad. Maybe we should boycott his movies..

by Anonymousreply 10301/13/2013

Interestingly, Henry and Jodie have the same publicist. She's also Bomer's publicist too, but I don't know how all that is negotiated with Halls in the picture.

by Anonymousreply 10401/14/2013

I wouldn't mind if Henry stayed in the closet as long as he didn't do the bearding routine.

It's when we've seen all the photos of him with gay men in gay bars and with his arms around Corey Spears and then he turns around and beards with women and fake engagements that it becomes insulting to the intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 10501/14/2013

R106, are you being serious?

*A* photograph? Try a couple dozen photographs.

Not to mention an 'engagement' in which the two people engaged were never photographed or seen together.

by Anonymousreply 10701/14/2013

To be fair, R106, they were photographed once together. :)

by Anonymousreply 10801/14/2013

All of that might suggest that Henry might be gay, but the limited view Henry has given of his personal life has also included references to girlfriends, so he clearly is not ready to be defined as gay, if that is what he indeed is.

by Anonymousreply 10901/14/2013

[quote]they were photographed once together. :)

Who were? Heny & Corey are in numerous photos together. Did you scroll through all the Henry threads?

by Anonymousreply 11001/14/2013

[quote]so he clearly is not ready to be defined as gay

No kidding.

by Anonymousreply 11101/14/2013

Ugh, fangurl at R109, what part of "won't/can't come out" do you not understand? Of course he is seen with girlfriends.. that is what bearding means! And if you think he's so straight, good for you.. there's millions of other websites where you can discuss his straightness with other fraus. If we want to discuss him being gay, we will.. despite you insisting otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 11201/14/2013

Henry now a collectible statue for your home or office

by Anonymousreply 11301/14/2013

it is interesting to me that there is such a pervasive narrow minded point of you on this thread.

Being seen with gay men in no way is proof he is gay. Just like being seen with women is not proof he is straight.

You accuse people who post on imdb as being desperate to prove he is straight, and yet, many on here seem equally or more desperate to believe he is gay.

In the photos with Corey Spears where he has his arm around him, note that Corey's long time bf was also at that gathering. A lot of people pose for pictures with their arms around each other and it doesn't mean they are gay/straight/bi, etc. It is just a common way to pose.

I have no idea what he is, but why not just let it evolve over time. I imagine if he is gay, he will come out eventually. And sadly, if he isn't, none of you will ever believe it. When confronted with a reality that doesn't agree with yours you just stubbornly stick to your impressions.

by Anonymousreply 11401/14/2013

R114, I think most people here are mature enough to realize that having a gay friend, being at a gay bar, or posing in a photograph with gay men does not necessarily mean a man is gay. I think most of us know there are gay-friendly straight guys out there who sometimes do that.

But we are not talking about one photo or one gay friend. Have you seen all the photos posted on this thread and the other Cavill threads? Henry is photographed in various gay bars, not just with Corey Spears, but with other gay men as well.

Add that to the bizarre engagement last year that only lasted a few months and that was with a woman who Henry was barely even photographed with more than once, and things begin to add up to something unusual going on in the life of a supposedly straight guy.

by Anonymousreply 11501/14/2013

I want it, R113. But would it kill these toy manufacturers to make these figurines a little more adult-like in the crotchetal area?

My niece is better hung than that, for crying out loud! Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 11601/14/2013

R116, maybe they are implying that Henry has a small cock?

by Anonymousreply 11701/14/2013

I agree the engagement was odd. And yes, I have seen the other pictures. They seem to be several pictures from the same one or two events. Corey himself spoke out on his blog that HC is not gay.

I don't really care if he is or not. But you guys are wrong to jump to conclusions. HC is European, and many European men are much less uptight about the gay/straight thing. They are also more comfortable showing affection.

I just honestly feel bad for people who are not allowed to tell their own story in their own time, and also who are not believed, even when they come out and directly answer the questions. I have read comments on openly gay/lesbian actors boards where they are accused of pretending to be gay because it is "cool". So it seems that if you are gay, no one believes you, if you are straight no one believes you.

In my own personal opinion sexuality is pretty fluid. Some are more to one end of the spectrum than the other, and many who are not. As attitudes change people will feel more comfortable blending the lines even more.

Maybe HC decided to dabble, maybe he always has been open either way, or maybe he full on gay or straight and just likes to keep us guessing.

But stop trying to make him fit what your own issues and fantasies. And stop the whole indignant "Oh he is awful for bearding", because you just don't know anything for certain. You may wish you did, but you don't.

by Anonymousreply 11801/14/2013

[quote]Corey himself spoke out on his blog that HC is not gay.

Link please. Even if he did, he would be expected to provide cover for Henry. And didn't he post a photo of Henry looking into a mirror several years ago that he described as 'my love' or something like that?

[quote]HC is European, and many European men are much less uptight about the gay/straight thing. They are also more comfortable showing affection.

Not really - not in the sense you are suggesting. Most European straight guys are not quite that affectionate with other men.

by Anonymousreply 11901/14/2013

"...But! ...But! ...But!"

We [italic]know[/italic] there is circumstantial evidence that Henry might be gay. But it is [bold]circumstantial[/bold]. Stop trying to act like it's anything but.

by Anonymousreply 12001/14/2013

R120, isn't the evidence that he is straight also circumstantial?

by Anonymousreply 12101/14/2013

Wow, R117. You think so? The Man Of Steel screen caps show a very healthy bulge, though. I wonder if Henry is uncut and long, or if he's thick. The shape of the fingers is usually a good rule of thumb.

by Anonymousreply 12201/14/2013

The Corey Blog is odd. He had a lot more pics posted about 2 years ago. As soon as HC got the Superman thing, the pics were gone, as was his post about HC not being gay.

He wrote a paragraph about it, where he says that HC is a sweetheart, and very open and accepting of people, but is not gay.

Someone skilled at advanced searches could probably find it and I think there was an old Fan site that had re-posted it in in one of the threads.

Clearly Corey could have just posted that as a favor to help HC with some spin control after the big MOS announcement.

by Anonymousreply 12301/14/2013

[quote]Henry now a collectible statue for your home or office

Where can I get that statue??

by Anonymousreply 12401/14/2013

[quote]he says that HC is a sweetheart, and very open and accepting of people, but is not gay.

Does he explain why Henry likes spending time in gay bars?

by Anonymousreply 12501/14/2013

Well, hard to say on that one. Cavill himself has talked about past hetero relationships, dating women, so that would possibly tip the scales away from circumstantial evidence.

While the rumors he is gay hinge on pictures, and supposedly being at a gay bar a few times, and for a brief time having a gay roommate.

In a "court of law" that would be considered far weaker evidence than his past history or his own words.

There isn't a lot known about his private life. He has been pictured on what might seem like "dates" with some women in the past. The Jillian Michaels thing seems like a rumor without any substantiation.

The first engagement was odd, but who knows, it may have been real, and he has been photographed with Carano several times, before it was publicly known and under the radar, when their were no known paps nearby to record the relationship to disprove Gay Rumors. They have been spotted here and there quietly since about September. And if he really was bearding, it would seem he would have made sure that he was photographed with her in Puerto Rico to sell the idea that they are soooo in luuvvv that they can't be apart even for work.

They seemed pretty chummy in their pics and seemed to have some sort of affection for each other.

So really the preponderance of evidence, taken at face value, with no deeper interpretations placed on it, would seem to indicate that he is straight.

by Anonymousreply 12601/14/2013

[quote]Cavill himself has talked about past hetero relationships, dating women

Because gay men have never done such things in the past, right?

by Anonymousreply 12701/14/2013

[quote]In a "court of law" that would be considered far weaker evidence than his past history or his own words.

Thank you, Marcia Clark, but this isn't a fucking court drama.

The question is whether Henry sucks cock, gets his ass fucked (and/or fuck ass), and swallows cum instead of eating/fucking twat.

Most everyone here assumes he does, except for twatsquatters lke you. Get over it!

by Anonymousreply 12801/14/2013

R126, your 5th paragraph sounds suspiciously like what the fangirls are saying on the Henry thread at IMDB

by Anonymousreply 12901/14/2013

[quote]In a "court of law" that would be considered far weaker evidence than his past history or his own words.

You're getting WAY too carried away with this one. I already conceded above that Henry has claimed publicly that he is straight and that he has talked about women in the past. I even said that I'm open to the possibility Henry may not be gay.

But it's ridiculous to think that because an actor says he is straight that it is compelling evidence of heterosexuality when dozens of actors who later came out as gay have done the same thing.

Taylor Lautner also claims to be straight and like women (eg. he 'dated' Taylor Swift). Do you believe him?

by Anonymousreply 13001/14/2013

RE: HC and the gay bar, I thought the story was he came to Hollyweird with pretty much no money. While he had some films, British film and TV don't pay near as well as US industry does.

Anyway, it sounded like he got a job either at that bar, or at another bar. He had bartended in his home town before between acting jobs, so that was a skill he had.

I get the feeling that he met Corey working at the bar, like maybe they were co-workers and that was how they ended up as roomies.

As far as hanging out at the bar, the pics seem to be from the same one or two events. And they look like after hours kind of parties or something. Could be HC, living with Corey got to know his circle of friends, and that was who he hung out with. I have gay friends and have gone to a gay bar with them for a birthday or other celebration and it was lots of fun.

I don't know if HC was a regular at that bar, but it does seem as if was there, with a group of people who were the same people each time, at least once or twice.

SOunds like most of you in here are gay. Are you really going to say that you have never had a straight friend? You have never had a straight friend come to a gay bar? Your own judgmental attitudes are almost as bad as the redneck homophobes or the crazy fan girls who need HC to be straight for their fantasies.

by Anonymousreply 13101/14/2013

[quote]British film and TV don't pay near as well as US industry does

Probably pays far more a year than the average Joe is making though, yes?

by Anonymousreply 13201/15/2013

"[R126], your 5th paragraph sounds suspiciously like what the fangirls are saying on the Henry thread at IMDB"

Let's compare:

R126: "And if he really was bearding, it would seem he would have made sure that he was photographed with her in Puerto Rico to sell the idea that they are soooo in luuvvv that they can't be apart even for work."

From IMDB: "If HC was gay, I don't see why he'd go to PR to visit Gina, where no paps even took pics."

by Anonymousreply 13301/15/2013

R131, have you ever seen The Wizard of Oz? Because you ain't in Kansas anymore, Dorothy! Go stroke your pussy on some other thread while filling your head with hearts of Henry.

The truth is that he hung out in gay bars with other gay boys, he swam in swimming pools (at the Mondrian!) with other gay boys, and he really [bold]really[/bold] feels uncomfortable filming sex scenes with women (just Google his several interviews on the subject). How many str8 boys do that?! Now really, go latch on to a truly het star and get your panties wet over that unfortunate slob.

by Anonymousreply 13401/15/2013

@R130,

I wasn't getting carried away, I was making a joke, which is why I said "Court of Law" in quotes.

From strictly the available evidence, there is more "evidence" he is straight. But as I said, that is just looking at the surface of the evidence, not digging deeper into motives behind what he says or does.

If you were to make a little chart, and have known evidence he is straight on one side and evidence he is gay on the other, there would be more entries on the straight side.

But being able to prove that each piece of evidence is absolutely true, well that is where it gets tricky.

I do think HC likes women, at least some of the time. There are some pics out there of him with the actress who played Ann Boleyn in the Tudors. She is rubbing up and down all over him and he isn't shying away. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is there too, and there is "0" chemistry between he and the actress. Of course JRM was probably drunk or stoned at the time.

He is a good looking guy, personality seems a bit wooden when he is at events or making work related appearances. In candids he seems looser. But really why not just wish him to be bi, and then there is some to go around to satisfy everyone's fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 13501/15/2013

R134, I'm open to hearing alternative theories from people such as R131 as to why it's possible Henry could be straight, but when they do so I think they need to do a better job explaining why a straight guy would spend so much time around gay bars and gay men.

Now as for the Mondrian, is it predominantly a gay swimming pool/resort area? I've never been there. Is the clientele entirely gay or do straight couples go there as well? I can't quite tell from the photos and I've never been there so I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 13601/15/2013

R135, you do realize that Jonathan Rhys Meyers has been rumored to be gay or bi for many years too, right?

by Anonymousreply 13701/15/2013

R135, Henry [bold]DOES NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE FILMING SEX SCENES WITH WOMEN[/bold]. He's not straight. Not even bi. Get over it already.

by Anonymousreply 13801/15/2013

R138, aren't there straight actors who also feel uncomfortable doing nudity and sex scenes too?

by Anonymousreply 13901/15/2013

Instead of attacking why don't you answer?

Why would he go to PR and fly under the radar if he was just bearding with GC? How does that make sense. If he was trying to convince the world he is straight, it seems like he would want lots of photographic evidence.

Why did they date for 3 or so months before an official outing together if it is just a beard?

And why can't you be an adult and talk about it instead of being a whiny little bitch who has to put people down who disagree or who at least are open to the fact that there could be more than one answer to the question.

You are all so sure of yourselves, but why? Why do you care so much. And I have never said he was definitely straight, I just answered the question that the evidence was circumstantial either way.

Some of you have made up your minds and are not able to conceive that you may be wrong.

In your world, a man who dates women, is still gay, a man who is married is still gay, a man who denies being gay is still gay.

And honestly, if you are working in show business as a straight man, there is a huge chance that a lot of your friends and associates are going to be gay. So unless you plan to never socialize with other actors, Just about every straight actor out there has gay friends. So are they all gay now?

As I have said before, it makes no difference to me at all about Henry. I just think it is a good idea to try to be objective.

Yes, there is some reason to consider he could be gay. And yes there is as much reason to consider he could be bi or straight. I suppose he could also be asexual and not really care, or pansexual and not really care who or what he gets it on with.

by Anonymousreply 14001/15/2013

Yes, R139. There are indeed other "straight actors" who also feel uncomfortable doing nudity and sex scenes.

With other members of the same sex.

by Anonymousreply 14101/15/2013

@ 135,, if you listen to just about any actor, male, female, straight, gay, they all say that filming sex scenes is uncomfortable. They aren't sexy.

They have a camera shoved in their face, they have to choreograph the movements, placement of their hands, angle to kiss, etc so it shows to the best advantage of filming. It isn't like they just say "Ok, just pretend to fuck and we will be over here ready to throw some cold water on you if you get too carried away".

So if that is your final proof that he is gay, then all of Hollywood is gay.

And seriously, I don't think even this crazy group would actually believe that.

by Anonymousreply 14201/15/2013

[quote]Why would he go to PR and fly under the radar if he was just bearding with GC?

Who knows right now? But I'm not sure the question is relevant. In any situation it's important to see the forest from the trees.

That means that if someone is involved in a bearding relationship, they may not necessarily always have along a huge group of photographers in tow to document it or watch it. That doesn't mean the relationship is real just because they didn't try to 'show it' to the press each day of its existence.

by Anonymousreply 14301/15/2013

No actor feels really comfortable doing any sex scenes. They're always awkward.

by Anonymousreply 14401/15/2013

R140, it's because we've been through this same shit before. From Rock Hudson, to Ricky Martin, to John Travolta, to Tom Cruise, to Jodie Foster. For all of your elaborate court-drama scenarios, you're too busy making up fantasies to recognize facts when they bite you squarely in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 14501/15/2013

Okay, R142. Watch this one. The male interviewer is absolutely sure that Henry would've been hot for his co-star. Guess what? Not even a little bit. Ha!

And his mannerisms were a little less practiced back then, no?

by Anonymousreply 14601/15/2013

@145,

Yes, there have been other actors who hid their sexual orientation, but less and less now.

But you can't make the jump that because Rock Hudson his is orientation, then all manly actors must be gay.

No doubt there are a lot of gay men in show business. And there are probably some actors who continue to successfully hide it and have married, had kids, had very public affairs with women, etc.

But that still isn't enough, on an individual basis to assume that HC is absolutely gay. It might be enough to raise the question, but it isn't the logical extension of the situation.

There is no logic to say because Joe is gay then John must be gay. It just doesn't work that way.

If it did the converse would be true. Meaning that if an actor has straight friends he must be straight.

I am not saying that I know for certain HC is straight. I am saying that I don't know what he is, but on face value only, he is communicating through his actions and his words that he is straight. That is how he presents himself to the world.

If he is doing that because it is true or not, isn't the debate. At this point only he and his closest friends know the truth.

So you can sit here and debate it, fantasize he is gay, hope he is straight, all you want but the fact is none of you know anything for 100% sure.

by Anonymousreply 14701/15/2013

Interesting, R146. I haven't seen a clip of Henry that young before. He had only just turned 20 in that interview since they are talking about his recent birthday. That means he was still 19 when he filmed the movie they are talking about.

by Anonymousreply 14801/15/2013

R147, you are simply delusional. Henry's earliest actions indicate that he had (has?) a preference for hanging out with a gay crowd. No girlfriends in sight. Whatsoever. Conclusion: Gay.

He has now (at the age of 29), been linked to only three women (all of them mannish) during his entire career. One of then is an out lesbian, and the other two are rumored to be lesbians themselves. And there are no obvious displays of affection (kissing, etc.) depicted in any images that I've seen. And yet the rampant rumors of his homosexuality persist. Conclusion: Closeted.

Yet, like an obstinate child you refuses to see reason, you continue to stubbornly insist that "on face value only" he is "straight." You're reasoning skills are absolutely ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 14901/15/2013

Exactly, R148. Which means that his "straight" hormones should have given him a raging hard-on at the slightest touch by a hot naked female. But obviously that didn't happen. Gee...

by Anonymousreply 15001/15/2013

@146, his co star in that film was quite a bit older than he was I believe, and played the mother in the film.

I don't think it is too surprising that a boy of 19 might not find a woman 10-15 or more years older not his cup of tea. They didn't ask if he thought the girl who played his love interest was attractive or not. Who knows what his answer would have been.

I think that is a cute interview of him and he is much more spontaneous than he is now. Someone got to him and has coached him to within an inch of his life and now he comes across so stiff and awkward. When he lets his guard down a bit, he seems to have a good sense of humor, but he is way to rehearsed. His press rounds for MOS might be very painful

by Anonymousreply 15101/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.