Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What will be the worst movie of 2013?

Based on the trailer, I'd have to say an early frontrunner is "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" starring DL fave Jeremy Renner.

by Anonymousreply 2301/04/2013

Beautiful Creatures. Twilight rip-off Starring Emmy Rossum, Emma Thompson, Viola Davis, and Jeremy Irons. Someone must have lost a bet.

I'll be seeing it in the hope that it becomes a camp classic. It looks more like Dark Shadows than the Burton film.

by Anonymousreply 101/02/2013

That Warm Bodies movie with Nicholas Hoult is another Twilight rip off. Looks very stupid.

by Anonymousreply 201/02/2013

Went to see ZERO DARK THIRTY this past weekend, and saw trailers for two films with Dwayne Johnson, two films with Mark Wahlberg (one was w/him AND Johnson), two "earth far into the future" sci-fi films, one with Cruise and one with Will and Jaden Smith, and GANGSTER SQUAD.

Each trailer was loud, busy, and barely coherent.

So any one of these films could vye for the Worst of 2013,

by Anonymousreply 301/02/2013

Seeing how it was dumped in January, "Gangster Squad"

by Anonymousreply 401/02/2013

Gangster Squad was delayed to reshoot scenes after the Aurora shootings. It looks like it could go either way with that one.

So many end of the world movies- both serious action ones and hipster comedies.

Lee Daniel's The Butler sounds like a complete disaster. He can't do subtle, and the casting strikes me as a huge joke. Alan Rickman as Reagan?

by Anonymousreply 501/02/2013

Gangster Squad was supposed to come out in September but had reshoots certain scenes due to Aurora.

by Anonymousreply 601/02/2013

Movie 43

by Anonymousreply 701/02/2013

Pain and Gain with Mark Wahlberg looks ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 801/02/2013

Pussy Galore: A Bio-pic

Total Trash!

by Anonymousreply 901/02/2013

The Will and Jaden Smith thing looks like a disaster...also it was directed by M. Night Shymalyan.

by Anonymousreply 1001/02/2013

still "Les Miserables".

by Anonymousreply 1101/02/2013

The biggest flop will be The Lone Ranger. Expect much handwringing about Depp's racist performance in the run up to release, followed by numerous bait n switch ad campaigns that alternate between selling serious action adventure starring Armie Hammer to madcap comedy starring Johnny Depp.

Heads will roll.

by Anonymousreply 1201/02/2013

"Gangster Squad was delayed to reshoot scenes after the Aurora shootings. It looks like it could go either way with that one."

Based on Sean Penn's hammy acting in the coming attractions, I think this one is destined for the dustbin.

by Anonymousreply 1301/02/2013

Johnny Depp is playing the Lone Ranger? Couldn't they have cast someone at least 20 years younger?

by Anonymousreply 1401/02/2013

Depp is playing Tonto.

It's a silly piece of jokey stunt casting where he will do yet another variation on Captain Jack, but in monosyllables.

by Anonymousreply 1501/02/2013

I think it will be Movie 43.

Hansel and Gretel looks like cheesy fun and is not pretending to be high brow. Has a lot of cool European actors in it too.

by Anonymousreply 1601/04/2013

Hansel and Gretel looks like a Uwe Boll movie. Which is to say distractingly campy and self-serious. It's been sitting on a shelf a while, only be be dumped in Janaury, no?

by Anonymousreply 1701/04/2013

[quote]That Warm Bodies movie with Nicholas Hoult is another Twilight rip off. Looks very stupid.

It seems like a tongue in cheek knock off of the Twilight films, which makes me interested.

by Anonymousreply 1801/04/2013

That horrible movie about about tacky Las Vegas magicians starring Steve Carrell and Jim Carey as a David Blaine rip off. The trailer was painful.

by Anonymousreply 1901/04/2013

R17 it's not at all self serious. It's an R-rated horror comedy in the same vein as the director's Norwegian film, Dead Snow.

I have no idea if it'll be good or bad, but it tested ok with audiences. It was moved to Jan after Paramount had a big opening in that month with another horror film (at least that's the cover story). My guess it was moved because it's really hard to market.

by Anonymousreply 2001/04/2013

Wall Street Prediction: 'Hunger Games' Sequel Will be Biggest Movie of 2013; 'The Lone Ranger' to Disappoint

by Anonymousreply 2101/04/2013

There's a bunch of horrible Melissa McCarthy "comedies" coming out that looked unwatchable to me in previews.

by Anonymousreply 2201/04/2013

I actually thought "Hansel and Gretel" seemed funny, but lost interest when I saw that Renner was in it. Still, it seems much better than the saccharine "Promised Land" and those dopey CZJ films, "Broken City" and "Side Effects".

by Anonymousreply 2301/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!