Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you believe in Bigfoot?

Serious question, even if I am sitting here eating Nutella out of the jar with a spoon...

by Anonymousreply 5705/10/2013

I do. Seriously, I think there have been too many reports.

by Anonymousreply 101/01/2013

Yes! But that's one of those things you can't really tell other people.

by Anonymousreply 201/01/2013

R1, that's my reasoning, too. Too many people have reported seeing something that they know was not a bear or person.

by Anonymousreply 301/02/2013

Ufos, maybe

Ghosts, maybe

by Anonymousreply 401/02/2013

My brain says no but the child in me refuses to rule out the possibility. Same with Nessie. No matter how many times they refute the pictures I still believe there's "something" mysterious living in Loch Ness.

by Anonymousreply 501/02/2013

It's reportedly a smegma smell.

by Anonymousreply 701/02/2013

Frontiersman Daniel Boone reported having shot and killed "a ten-foot, hairy giant he called a Yahoo." Folktale scholar Hugh H. Trotti has argued that Boone’s account may have been the inspiration for some of the Bigfoot stories told in North America.[23]

by Anonymousreply 801/02/2013

Yes. And I am 100% convinced they will find him in my lifetime. I've seen way too much evidence that indicates he exists.

Gigantopithecus existed and it's highly possible some form of it is still around today.

by Anonymousreply 901/02/2013

I used to be a believer when I was younger. Now, no. People are susceptible to all kinds of things when they're out in the woods. You've got all kinds of sounds, sights, smells, even sensations, that can fool the human brain. Introduce the power of suggestion and a person can talk himself into seeing Bigfoot.

Many people don't want to accept the fact that the Bigfoot "film" was a fake. Once you have people who believe in that film, half the work is done.

by Anonymousreply 1101/02/2013

There are some interesing Youtube videos of nests and tree limb structures people think were made by Bigfoot.

by Anonymousreply 1201/02/2013

I bet he has sizemeat.

by Anonymousreply 1301/02/2013

Okay R11, then how do you explain the reported smegma odor?

by Anonymousreply 1401/02/2013

I think it's possible. The legend and stories go way back across continents. The Gorilla was a rumored "monster" til science caught up with it. New species are discovered often.

Now that many people have cell phone cameras. The odds of filming one increases. And that creature in the Patterson film really looks like a beast.

Need more hard evidence though... Bones, Carcass

Use a tranquilizer!

by Anonymousreply 1501/02/2013

Yes; Joan Crawford always tried to hide the size of her hulking Doc Martens under the blanket in that wheelchair.

by Anonymousreply 1701/02/2013

[quote]Frontiersman Daniel Boone reported having shot and killed "a ten-foot, hairy giant he called a Yahoo."

This needs to be taken with a huge grain of salt The "yahoos" were big, hairy human-like creatures in Jonathan Swift’s fictional "Gulliver’s Travels". This was one of Boone's favorite yarns, and he was prone to reference it freely. His claim to have killed a "Yahoo" smacks loudly of self-promotional aggrandizement based on a favorite fantasy. Sort of like Disney's take on him: "killed him a bear when he was only three."

I'm on the fence about Bigfoot. I believe that it is still possible that new megafauna will be discovered, and there is a lot of territory that something like Bigfoot could be living. But none of the so called evidence so far convinces me that it is so.

by Anonymousreply 1801/02/2013

[quote]Many people don't want to accept the fact that the Bigfoot "film" was a fake.

That was never proven. The guy who claimed he was in a costume for the film clip has told three different versions of the story.

by Anonymousreply 1901/02/2013

No, because I'm not an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 2001/02/2013

This thread leaves a funny taste in my mouth.

by Anonymousreply 2101/02/2013

I think any strange creatures that may yet be discovered are living in the deep ocean, and not on land. I just can't logically see how a breeding population of eight-foot tall bipedal primates could be roaming around the Pacific Northwest, very close to human habitats, and have not been discovered yet.

by Anonymousreply 2201/02/2013

Here's the thing--go to North Africa (on Google Earth, not for real), and you will see aerial shots of packs of wildebeasts, lions, and every other animal one would expect there. Where are the Google Earth shots catching a lone bigfoot in the woods? (Ecologists routinely use Google Earth to study animal migration and population.) If they exist at all, there has to be more than one of them--surely, a satellite photo would have caught at least one.

I'm with the poster who's holding out for new aquatic animals.

by Anonymousreply 2301/02/2013

Nah, it was just an Armenian woman.

by Anonymousreply 2401/02/2013

It is very unlikely, but I don't rule it out completely. I was a black panther/cougar/puma/wildcat at my campsite in central Arkansas, during the extended drought this past June. I quickly learned that nobody believes reports of melanistic large wildcats. You would think that I was saying that I had seen a creature from the black lagoon, or an extraterrestial being.

by Anonymousreply 2501/02/2013

If you have Netflix, watch the two episodes of Destination Truth that investigate Big Foot/The Yeti. You will believe.

by Anonymousreply 2601/02/2013

R25, looking out my window, I continually witness four different species of animal that "we don't have around here" - officially.

The officially reported distributions do not include my town be several hundred miles, but there they are. (A certain hummingbird, at least one family of golden eagles, and two different sea mammal species). I get many glimpses and plenty of opportunity to verify their markings, so I know that I am not mistaken, but if you mention this to people, they'll argue that "we don't have those around here" and pull up facts.

Whatever, hummingbirds breed, move about and expland their courting radii over time, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 2701/02/2013

R23, how many google earth images are there of gorillas? It's one thing on the plains of Africa, it's another in the jungles and forests.

Of all the crypto-beasties, I'd give bigfoot the best chance of being real. Nessie can't roam, which means if it was only one creature, it would be very, very old. There isn't room in the Loch for a breeding population. Things like chupacabra and whatever other nightmare creatures people have made up just seem unreal, in a nature sense.

As for why no one ever gets a picture of video? Maybe they're nocturnal. I haven't seen many bats in my lifetime, but they're there and there are probably billions of those. If there are only scattered, small populations of bigfoot AND they are nocturnal, we diurnal humans wouldn't come into a lot of visual contact with them.

Why they've never found a body? Things decompose very quickly in the wild. And, if they are a gigantopithicus holdover, they may be advanced enough to do rudimentary burial which would never be detected before the body was decomposed.

Also, if they are a holdover ape species, they may be intelligent enough to avoid human contact for the most part.

As for the bigfoot film, some show I saw tried to recreate the walk with a motion capture camera and a large human about the size of the creature in the film. No matter what the guy did, the anatomy of the human shoulders and pelvis would not allow for the gait shown in the film. He couldn't torque his body enough with the knees at the angles they were at in the film. And, it wasn't bullshit. Anyone with an understanding of anatomy and seeing him trying to match the gait would see it's not possible.

by Anonymousreply 2901/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 3001/04/2013

The BFRO (Bigfoot Field Research Organization) collects reports of Bigfoot sightings and produces Animal Planet's popular "Finding Bigfoot" show.

by Anonymousreply 3101/04/2013

Don't think so.

Large primates have never existed outside of tropical and semitropical zones, except humans. But humans had fire and clothing to help survive the harsher elements. Since these bigfoot and yeti tales come mainly from cold places, I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 3201/04/2013

Take a Bigfoot to lunch.

by Anonymousreply 3301/04/2013

It's been proven the film footage of that bigfoot could not have been a man, as humans cannot replicate the gait it had.

by Anonymousreply 3401/04/2013

not sure how I feel about Bigfoot, OP, but I love you! I'm sitting here eating ice cream out of the carton, with a spoon!

by Anonymousreply 3501/04/2013

Yes. I also have come to believe that they are not fully corporeal, which is why they are so elusive.

by Anonymousreply 3601/04/2013

R32, scientifically, it's established that warm-blooded animals who live in cold climates tend to be larger. Showing up in cold places (although I wouldn't classify the American Northwest as a cold climate) actually works in favor of their size differentiation from other primates.

A lot of the argument against animals existing but never coming into contact with humans depends on the premise that there aren't any places anymore that aren't frequented by humans. Actually, geographically, that's not true at all. You'd be surprised at how empty a lot of the Earth is. Humans tend to congregate in specific areas but there is a lot of rough terrain out there where humans barely tread.

by Anonymousreply 3701/05/2013

I hear what you're saying r37. But we're talking primates here. Even the small ones do not really exist in the wild outside the tropics, except those snow monkeys in Japan. But they survive thanks to the hotsprings they hang out in.

by Anonymousreply 3801/05/2013

lloyd pye makes an interesting argument

by Anonymousreply 3901/05/2013

[quote]The BFRO (Bigfoot Field Research Organization) collects reports of Bigfoot sightings and produces Animal Planet's popular "Finding Bigfoot" show.

I watch every week wondering if they will find one. With Night Vision, Heat Seeking and satellites and state of the art equipment they get ohhh so close, so close. It's ever so exciting. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

by Anonymousreply 4001/05/2013

He would have an enormous schwanzstucker!!!

by Anonymousreply 4101/05/2013

Hell, half the times that hunters go out, equipped to the gills in the latest tracking equipment, they can't even find a deer.

Remember that guy who bombed the Atlanta Olympics? Dumb hick hid from the FBI and police for something like 5 years...and they had a general idea where he was.

It's not easy finding things in the forest, especially if they are timid and intelligent enough to hide.

by Anonymousreply 4201/06/2013

You know what they say about a Bigfoot.

Bigfoot, big sock.

by Anonymousreply 4401/06/2013

With all of the people on the planet and all of the technology, the only place left for creatures to hide is in the oceans. That's where new species will be found. Mythical land creatures like chupacabras, wolves, and bigfoot don't exist are they would have been found by now. It's just people chasing creatures from childhood storybooks.

by Anonymousreply 4501/06/2013

Yes, Bigfoot exists.

Bitch took a huge dump on my lawn just last week.

by Anonymousreply 4601/06/2013

Is this another foot fetish thread?

by Anonymousreply 4701/08/2013

what about gorillas walking upright?

by Anonymousreply 4801/08/2013

No. A big no. People who believe in Yetis and UFOs are usually the biggest conspiracy freaks.

While I do believe there is alien life, I don't believe they have visited Earth to vaginally probe the women.

by Anonymousreply 4901/08/2013

[quote]Mythical land creatures like chupacabras, wolves, and bigfoot don't exist are they would have been found by now.

Actually, there have been a few significant new species found in a very remote jungle region of Vietnam in recent years. I'd look for a link but I've got the flu.

by Anonymousreply 5001/08/2013

The Finding Bigfoot folk go to Vietnam next Sunday. They also went to Australia and to Indonesia, to find the elusive "Orang Pendek."

by Anonymousreply 5103/26/2013

The coelacanth was believed to be extinct until 1938 when it was caught on a line. The idea that "it must not exist because we haven't seen one yet" just doesn't hold water. I have no trouble believing in life elsewhere in the universe but I don't think ancient aliens built the pyramids. I have no trouble believing that bigfoot is an undiscovered species on earth. Like the coelacanth used to be.

by Anonymousreply 5203/26/2013

Other than Bigfoot, the star of "Finding Bigfoot" is James "Bobo" Fay. The producer even filmed Bobo's home in California, as part of a special episode.

by Anonymousreply 5304/02/2013

BOBO claims to have seen Bigfoot, not once but twice.

by Anonymousreply 5404/04/2013

Sometimes, very late at night, you can hear them knocking huge branches against the trunks of trees, rhythmically. A spare, somewhat close to the yard..and then, an answering spate, further away. Communicating. Scary as hell.

by Anonymousreply 5504/04/2013

Bigfoot lives!

by Anonymousreply 5605/07/2013

[quote]Frontiersman Daniel Boone reported having shot and killed "a ten-foot, hairy giant he called a Yahoo."

Daniel Boone was the daddy of 'em all.

by Anonymousreply 5705/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!