Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Justin Timberlake's Fading Career

His acting in Eastwood's movie is worst than Eastwood's . He was lousy in " In Time" and a distraction in "The Social Network". He is no more a singer than Eddie Fisher. His only interesting work is on SNL. And even that is not great comedy. How soon before his man-child act and voice starts to irritate people, and they see he is nothing but an overgrown teen idol unworthy of half the opportunities he has had. His career should have ended- like Janet Jackson's - after the tit show during the Super Bowl. I just confused and pissed off about how mediocre talent gets to take front and center. Singers, actors, presidents. This country is addicted to third best. Whatever they throw up on the wall. Where are the new Beatles, or DeNiros or Sinatras. Everyone seems auto-tuned. And childish.

by Anonymousreply 13502/13/2013

I agree with much of what you said, yet I think he is one of the best, most versatile guests on SNL ever.

He should be a regular on that show.

by Anonymousreply 101/01/2013

[quote]How soon before his man-child act and voice starts to irritate people

Oh OP, it always did. Are you having an awakening now you are tired of jacking off over Justin for the last few years?

by Anonymousreply 301/01/2013

Timberlake's music career is essentially over. He hasn't done any music in years (does anyone remember whatever hits he had?), he's too old for the MTV crowd now, and he's not talented enough not to rely on gimmicks instead of talent. Justin Bieber essentially took his place. I just can't see him having any kind of comeback in music at his age.

And his $6.5 million showmance wedding was disgusting and did his image more harm than good. The public in this shaky economy was put off by it.

by Anonymousreply 401/01/2013

Eddie Fisher was a great singer and had a terrific career. Look him up online, OP. Your insult is just stupid.

by Anonymousreply 501/01/2013

[quote]His career should have ended- like Janet Jackson's - after the tit show during the Super Bowl.

If signing a production deal with Lionsgate films, touring the globe, penning a #1 NY Times Bestseller and completing two films in as many years means the end of a career, then let mine end that way as well...

by Anonymousreply 601/01/2013

Whatever you may think of his career, he's already very wealthy and only has to work when he wants to. He's not a bad actor, has a good sense of humor, and is goodlooking. He'll be able to work whenever he wants to. Wish I had his "problems."

by Anonymousreply 701/01/2013

Justin's music career is only "over" because he hasn't released an album in years. Radio will welcome a new single from him with open arms. He's guaranteed at least one more hit single regardless of quality.

by Anonymousreply 1001/01/2013

OP your post is so truthful. It's not like he's even good looking. Average on his best day.

by Anonymousreply 1101/01/2013

Fisher may have had a successful singing career, but his ventures into film were just as scattershot as Timberlake's.

by Anonymousreply 1201/01/2013

His biggest moment was Janet's wardrobe trick. It's been downhill all the way.

by Anonymousreply 1301/01/2013

He has done better than most boy banders. He could still release a hit record and is relatively young. The marriage to Jessica Biel seems designed as a career or baby move. They are a boring couple. Limited acting range. I do not see movie stardom. Save money.

by Anonymousreply 1401/01/2013

He isn't a bad actor at all. If he was, I'd be the first to say it because I never found him attractive.

by Anonymousreply 1501/01/2013

Supposedly working on new album, but consider the source.

by Anonymousreply 1601/01/2013

r4, the mocking of the homeless during that execssive extravaganza didn't help at all either.

Timberlake is a privileged spoiled brat and mommy's boy who made it big with the trend of boy bands in the 90s. He's essentially a little boy who was given alot of toys to play with in the recording studios and became emblematic of the everyday suburban johnny sweatsocks who could be a star with the right publicist behind them. He became a sexy symbol for the soccer mom generation. He (and his peers Britney et al) paved the way for American Idol everybodies and YT sensations who are the darlings of the new social media generation (Justin Beiber).

by Anonymousreply 1701/01/2013

FutureSex/LoveSounds is an iconic, legendary, trendsetting album.

by Anonymousreply 1801/01/2013

His career is fading? Wow that's the best news of this year so far. Every time I see his face I want to punch him

by Anonymousreply 1901/01/2013

[quote]FutureSex/LoveSounds is an iconic, legendary, trendsetting album.

by Anonymousreply 2001/01/2013

I saw his wedding photos in People. There is no way a straight guy would pose the way he did in those pics. He has to be gay as a picnic basket.

by Anonymousreply 2101/01/2013

His 2010's clone, the OTHER Justin, has taken the blue-eyed soul title.

by Anonymousreply 2201/01/2013

[quote]Supposedly working on new album, but consider the source.

He hasn't released an album in 7 years. Will his fanbase from that time even care if he comes out with anything new? Justin Bieber already took his career.

by Anonymousreply 2301/01/2013

r8 - a 21st century soccer mom who listened to the CD during her spinning class.

by Anonymousreply 2401/01/2013

Justin Bieber has brown eyes and Timberlake has never been considered anything other than POP.

by Anonymousreply 2501/01/2013

I not only thought "In Time" was a very good movie, but that Justin Timberlake was pretty good in it.

He was also good in Alpha Dog. He was one of the only good things about "Bad Teacher" (he was hilarious). He was decent in "Friends with Benefits".

He's got two movies in post-production, and one in pre-production.

I think OP is engaging in wishful thinking.

by Anonymousreply 2601/01/2013

He's no Robin Thicke

by Anonymousreply 2701/01/2013

Laugh all you like, R20, but it's the truth. Justin's FSLS album was the template for any pop record post-2006 (ie; Madonna's Hard Candy, Nelly Furtado, Britney's Blackout etc.) That album changed the landscape of the music industry since its inception. The EDM dance music craze hasn't died down since. FutureSex is the equivalent of Lauryn Hill's debut where he won't have to release another record. That album solidified him as a pop icon.

by Anonymousreply 2801/01/2013

His career was hardly over after the incident with Janet. That last album he did with Timbaland was the biggest record he ever had. Huge. This song was in heavy rotation for months. Like r10 said, Justin Timberlake is like pop radio royalty. He could have cranked out millions of albums by now, but he feels like he has accomplished all there is to do in music.

by Anonymousreply 2901/01/2013

Put down the pipe 20/28.

by Anonymousreply 3001/01/2013

Hate him, hope he fades away quickly.

by Anonymousreply 3101/01/2013

Bruno Mars has Timberlake's career right now, not Bieber. Look past skin color, people.

by Anonymousreply 3201/01/2013

I'd agree with r28. I never cared about JT, but my friend liked him and would have that album on in the background for her freelance work.

I remember liking it them, and how set apart it sounded. You can't really judge it now because I think other pop artists have since been inspired by it or maybe have collaborated with its producers.

When it first came out, that album was pretty fresh. You don't necessarily want to follow up with another album so soon after that critically acclaimed one, I'd guess.

by Anonymousreply 3301/01/2013

[quote]Justin's FSLS album was the template for any pop record post-2006 (ie; Madonna's Hard Candy, Nelly Furtado, Britney's Blackout etc.)

That was all Timbaland's doing, and that sound was well illustrated on Aaliyah's remarkable 1997 ONE IN A MILLION album as well. And to compare FSLS to Lauryn Hill's album is just ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 3401/01/2013

He has a movie out with Ben Affleck later this year. That will show if he has any chance to broaden his appeal as a movie actor. I have liked him in small doses, which is true for most pop stars. Most, like JT, Madonna or Janet Jackson, are limited, or frankly quite horrible, as actors.

by Anonymousreply 3501/01/2013

[quote]He has a movie out with Ben Affleck later this year.

Oh, that should be great (rolls eyes).

by Anonymousreply 3601/01/2013

I agree r28. American music has had that same sound since those albums came out in 2006. It bled over into hip-hop and everywhere.

Justin is interesting. He made a choice to keep the gaiety hidden a long time ago lol. You cant tell me he is straight. Janet Jackson was Justin's #1 idol. He hooked up with a super producer just like Janet did so he could make his own identity like she did in the 80s. Rhythm Nation changed how pop sounded just like Future Sex did. I think that choice to stay in the closet killed any motivation he had to do music. He hasnt looked happy in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 3701/01/2013

I'm nether here or there when in comes to Timberlake as an artist, but this thread just reeks with bitter envy at someone else's success. Good luck to him for taking advantage of whatever opportunities he had and used it to great success. OP should do the same and maybe he won't be so bitter.

by Anonymousreply 3801/01/2013

[quote]He is no more a singer than Eddie Fisher.

Are you deaf or just plain stupid, OP? Eddie Fisher had a fine voice. Justin Timberflake couldn't even begin to be in the same league as Eddie Fisher.

by Anonymousreply 3901/01/2013

Justin and JC Chasez were a hot gay couple. I agree that JT makes more sense as a closeted gay man now. Cameron Diaz and Jessica Biel never made sense, except as publicity arrangements.

by Anonymousreply 4001/01/2013

I don't think Justin is gay. But he IS a giant pussy.

by Anonymousreply 4101/01/2013

In the music business the Autotune software is called the "Timberfake."

by Anonymousreply 4201/01/2013

He's really short. Like 5'7 or something.

by Anonymousreply 4301/01/2013

But he's had a great career all things considered. Big deal if it's fading. They all fade. I thought he was great in Social Network, if not in anything else.

OP sounds childish.

by Anonymousreply 4401/01/2013

This is talent. You may not care for him. That's fine. But this guy is talented.

by Anonymousreply 4501/01/2013

R42, you're a wacko - Justin Timberlake is 6'1"

He certainly is NOT 5'7"

by Anonymousreply 4601/01/2013

[quote]But he's had a great career all things considered. Big deal if it's fading. They all fade.

No, they don't all fade.

Have you ever heard of Tony Bennett?

by Anonymousreply 4701/01/2013

I think he may have the tinymeat syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 4801/01/2013

The video of the homeless people his friend made for his wedding has really hurt his PR/. In some ways it's not entirely fair since Justin had nothing to do with the making of the video; but it made him look terrible to be friends with such a complete insensitive douchebag.

He should have publicly renounced the friendship forever.

by Anonymousreply 4901/01/2013

It wasn't even played at his wedding. It's so stupid.

Hate Timberlake, but like Biel.

by Anonymousreply 5001/01/2013

r46 - I saw him get turned away from Merrie Melodies Carousel at Six Flags because he didn't meet the height requirement.

by Anonymousreply 5101/01/2013

Grandpa has Internet privileges at the home now, I see.

by Anonymousreply 5201/01/2013

Justin = Beyonce

He's an American staple. He can write his own check. He will never be over.

by Anonymousreply 5301/01/2013

I want him to display a full view of his ass, from behind, on film.

Then he can retire.

by Anonymousreply 5401/01/2013

R54 you see his ass plenty in that Mila Kunis movie.

by Anonymousreply 5501/01/2013

I came here immediately to tell you that you are going to get JANBOT on your ass for your comments about Janet Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 5601/01/2013

He is very lightweight in Friends With Benefits. I liked his pop videos with Nelly - they both seemed ultracamp even at the Playboy mansion. His early videos when he was a kid shows him as the campest kid ever.

by Anonymousreply 5701/01/2013

You don't see a full dorsal, R55.

by Anonymousreply 5801/01/2013

Eddie Fisher did have a great voice - there is no one singing today who has anything even remotely resembling a great voice. I have always thought Trousersnake was a fraud. He was Britney Spears' boyfriend after all. Didn't you see them in matching denim? Please. And Saturday Night Live is as lame as it gets nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 5901/01/2013

Watch @ the :13 mark and tell this guy isn't gay.

Kathy's "Biaaaatch!" is hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 6001/01/2013

"and tell me"

by Anonymousreply 6101/01/2013

Most musicians have nothing but good things to say about him, and many have wanted to and tried to work with him (more than just Madonna & Duran Duran)

by Anonymousreply 6301/01/2013

Um... is anyone else seeing the weird glyphs over R9 and R62? I'm using the iPhone version of the page on mobile Safari.

by Anonymousreply 6401/01/2013

R51, you are crazy.

One only has to look at Justin to see that he is tall.

by Anonymousreply 6501/02/2013

I see them, too. Some sort of coded message.

Any cryptography experts here?

by Anonymousreply 6601/02/2013

I think those are Satanic messages.

by Anonymousreply 6701/02/2013

Yes, I see the glyphs. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 6801/02/2013

It looks like the matrix is showing itself.

by Anonymousreply 6901/02/2013

Xenu is landing! Xenu is landing! Everyone off to the volcano!

by Anonymousreply 7001/02/2013

R67, can you delete those cryptic messages? That's scarey and weird.

by Anonymousreply 7101/02/2013

I think someone is trying to type in a virus, but it didn't work.

by Anonymousreply 7201/02/2013

Shut up! SHUT UP!!!

You are talking about the man who put "ex" in "sexy"!

by Anonymousreply 7301/02/2013

I fucked him twice and he fucked me non stop during our 1989 tour

by Anonymousreply 7401/02/2013

R63 = hiding under the desks of MANY musicians since he knows for a fact!

by Anonymousreply 7501/02/2013

For real, Lance? Omg!

by Anonymousreply 7601/02/2013

[quote]I fucked him twice and he fucked me non stop during our 1989 tour

Justin was 10 in 1989. I think you're confusing them with New Kids on the Block, dear.

by Anonymousreply 7701/02/2013

Who is this persistent demon trying to make contact with the denizens of DL? Begone, foul beast!

by Anonymousreply 7901/02/2013

Timberfake is a hack. And he's like 5'6" with a 4" penis. I know because I've sucked it.

by Anonymousreply 8001/02/2013

JT looks to be about 2 - 3" shorter than Ben Affleck, going by secretly obtained pap shots of them together in hot, sensual Puerto Rico.

by Anonymousreply 8201/02/2013

Join us, r81. He's no more than 5'7" as I was seriously on line with him at The Six Flags. We talked, we joked, we even exchanged twitters and all was well until the guy in charge of the ride told Justin he would not have the privilege of riding due to predetermined height limits.

To Timberlake's credit he handled it like a pro. His words were something like "don't worry bro, this happens to me all of the time."

by Anonymousreply 8301/02/2013

R78, most of "his hit movies" are not because of him though. His role could have been filed by anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 8401/02/2013

R45- that video only proves how poor a singer he is. His emotion is flat. His voice sounds like a thinner, less soulful version of Michael Jackson. And it is clear he doesn't understand the lyrical points of the song. He just thinks it is cool because others think it is cool. Bet you he doesn't know any other Leonard Cohen song.And before he can really get into the song he has a backup singer. He is talent is looking cool while imitating other more talented people. He is a child who is always saying look at me mommy. Too much attention for too little reward. And no self awareness. Those poor people in Haiti. Didn't they suffer enough. First Sean Penn, then Justin Timberlake.

by Anonymousreply 8501/02/2013

Justin Timberlake has been enormously successful - most people could only dream to be as successful as he has been.

If some people on DL want to continue pretending that he has accomplished nothing it just makes them look pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 8601/03/2013

I`m not sure he himself knows what he wants to do next,if anything.

by Anonymousreply 8701/03/2013

He reminds of Britney in that they both have a lot of raw talent and musical ability (both are skilled and successful songwriters) but they both were primarily motivated by money, a trait likely attributable to their parents. Once they have tons of cash, they're no longer that interested in writing new songs and performing well, so they either stop all together (Justin) or outsource all the creative aspects of one's career to others (Britney). I think the driving force behind their artistry was the ability to provide for their families. Once they were able to do that, their creativity dried up, so to speak. They were no longer "hungry" enough to try to impress their public and sell their art.

by Anonymousreply 8801/03/2013

Britney was the Sondheim of our time!

Blackout is a timeless masterwork of 20th Century music!

Britney Spears and "artistry" belong in the same sentence!

by Anonymousreply 8901/03/2013

He & Britney are not songwriters, their crappy songs are all written for them, jerkwad at r88. And they both have zero charisma, intelligence or musical ability. The standards have been lowered in music for each successive generation.

by Anonymousreply 9001/03/2013

Dear r86, He is enormously successful, however he is simply not enormous. I saw him order Starbucks in Taiwan a few years ago and the barrista mistook Justin for a child due to his dwarfish stature and told him that his parents would have to consent to him having caffeine as it may stunt his growth.

Luckily, I stepped in and claimed to be his uncle. "Let him have a half-caff," I said.

by Anonymousreply 9101/03/2013

R59, turn off the radio and start listening to some actual singers. As for truly great singers/voices of our time, I give you Clay Aiken. Check out his PBS live concert special or his Christmas CD/concerts. He is legitimately awesomely amazing.

by Anonymousreply 9201/03/2013

He's cute and dances...interestingly.

As an actor, he's a good singer - as a singer, well?

by Anonymousreply 9301/03/2013

He doesn't want to be in the spotlight anymore. He's "fading" because he wants to. Maybe he's hoping to become under the radar enough that he can finally let the gay out.

by Anonymousreply 9401/03/2013

[quote]Maybe he's hoping to become under the radar enough that he can finally let the gay out.

So why did he go through the trouble of getting married? He is strange.

by Anonymousreply 9501/03/2013

He's the poor man's Robin Thicke. But unlike Thicke, who writes and produces his stuff, Justin the solo artist is a creation of Timbaland and the Neptunes.

I'd love to know when the memo got circulated that he was some major actor. The guy had a string of shitty flops before surfacing in SOCIAL NETWORK, and all of a sudden people are acting like he's Gosling. Not to mention he oozed glitter playing someone who was supposed to be a ladies man.

by Anonymousreply 9601/03/2013

R96, it sounds like you're jealous to me. I don't think Timberlake considers himself Laurence Oliver. But nor is he a terrible actor. He's been cast a in a number of high-profile and successful movies. If you don't like that, it's your problem - not his.

by Anonymousreply 9701/04/2013

WHO'S JEALOUS OF TIMBERLAKE? I just think he should stick to music, instead of acting. Some of his movies have gone straight to video.

by Anonymousreply 9801/04/2013

R96=Ryan gosling

by Anonymousreply 9901/04/2013

Justin is a terrible actor. He was terrible in The Social Network. It was embarrassing to watch.

He should stick to music.

by Anonymousreply 10001/04/2013

That's a cut and paste up there--it's replicating.

by Anonymousreply 10201/04/2013

He was basically playing himself in The Social Network.

by Anonymousreply 10301/04/2013

[quote]Not to mention he oozed glitter playing someone who was supposed to be a ladies man.

Heh! Loved that mention.

by Anonymousreply 10401/04/2013

[quote]So why did he go through the trouble of getting married?

His secret boyfriend is a florist and he needed the business.

by Anonymousreply 10501/04/2013

He's not fading OP. He's faded.

by Anonymousreply 10801/04/2013

Justin is pro-gay. Don't get why he is bashed here.

And he received good reviews for his acting way back when he did "Alpha Dog".

by Anonymousreply 10901/04/2013

I thought the scene where he dry-humped Cameron Diaz in [italic]Bad Teacher[/italic] was actually hot. Plus he showed off his pretty feets.

by Anonymousreply 11001/04/2013

[quote]Justin is pro-gay. Don't get why he is bashed here.

Being pro-gay doesn't get you automatic approval for everything you do. We are not the slaves of straight people, and we are by no means required to admire those who merely concede our equality.

by Anonymousreply 11101/04/2013

Agree R111.

by Anonymousreply 11201/04/2013

Nobody shit on him. But I wish someone would.

by Anonymousreply 11401/04/2013

When is the Elton John picture that he's supposed to be attached to going to be made?

by Anonymousreply 11501/04/2013

Ok - I have a bit of a Justin Timberlake story. I can't believe that I'm confessing this here, but I used to be a car thief. I'm still one, but I used to be one too. Anyways, I was retired from stealing cars at the time but my younger brother was in trouble so I had to steal like 50 cars in one night to appease Christopher Eccelston.

You might be asking "what the hell does this have to do with TJ?" And I will tell you, I promise. One of the cars I had to steal belonged to Justin. It was easy to steal as far as the door being unlocked and the keys in the ignition. But what really gave me trouble was the booster setup that was installed on the driver's seat - the guy must be like 5'4" if he needed that much of a lift to see over the steering wheel.

by Anonymousreply 11601/04/2013

...aaaaand, R116's credibility is gone in sixty seconds.

by Anonymousreply 11701/04/2013

Oh, come on! I'm 5'5" and I don't need a booster seat.

by Anonymousreply 11801/04/2013

Once he drops new music, radio will eat it up. Radio djs and programmers are douchebags and JT is their king.

by Anonymousreply 11901/04/2013

I don't like Timberlake but think he did a good job in TSN

by Anonymousreply 12001/04/2013

I wonder what kind of guys JT is into. You know. In his secret life!

by Anonymousreply 12101/04/2013

R118: It was an Escalade So There could be some discrepancy as far as people needing a boost for some cars and not others. For all I know Justin fits just fine in his Ferrari.

by Anonymousreply 12201/04/2013

Black guys, duh.

by Anonymousreply 12301/04/2013

I don't hate him, he seems like a nice enough guy. He's just a gay guy trying to make it in Hollywood. It's the norm.

by Anonymousreply 12401/04/2013

[bold]Justin Timberlake to Release New Album Soon: [/bold]

Is Justin Timberlake about to release a new album? Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter and Billboard that a cryptic tweet posted by the singer-actor late on Wednesday night -- which simply read: "Thursday, January 10th, 2013 at 9:01 am PST..." -- signifies the announcement and possibly instant arrival of new music.

And not just a song, but a full album produced by longtime collaborator Timbaland. Timberlake is believed to have around 20 new tracks recorded. A source familiar with the project confirms to Billboard that Timberlake is definitely releasing a new album more sooner than later.

Timberlake's rep could not be reached for comment.

Timberlake's last studio effort, the enduring "FutureSex/LoveSounds," came out in 2006. It has been certified four-times platinum, marking domestic sales of over 4 million units.

Although Timberlake has focused much of his energy in recent years on movies (he will next be seen in the Coen brothers' highly-anticipated Inside Llewyn Davis) and tech (he's a key principal in the new Myspace), an insider says the former NSync star has been quietly and methodically preparing to release an album with almost no warning.

To wit: the 9 p.m. tweet that hinted at something transpiring just hours later. Within an hour, Justin Timberlake was the top trending topic on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 12501/11/2013

Well whoop-dee-do-dah-day. Another boring Timbaland-produced album. Why doesn't he try working with someone else?

by Anonymousreply 12601/11/2013

Olivia Newton-Lez had hit album after hit album with John Farrar (producer) from 1971 to 1982. Then she dumped him and that was the end of her career.

by Anonymousreply 12701/11/2013

He should take his shirt off and make out with Usher.

by Anonymousreply 12801/11/2013

What, what kind of fool tears it apart

Leaving me pain and sorrow....

by Anonymousreply 12901/11/2013

R127 - Exactly. Sometimes, performers/singers are only as good as their producers. You see how Janet Jackson's music output turned to shit once she stopped working exclusively with Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis. Very few pop singers can hold their own with multiple producers, you'd have to have a lot of insight into what works.

And R126 - Although the thought of another Timbaland-Timberlake collaboration may be boring, they need each other more then we (the public) need them. And Timbaland's production did evolve with the times, unlike many producers. His 90's output with Missy Elliott/Aaliyah/Ginuwine, etc. are a lot different than his output in the 2000's.

by Anonymousreply 13001/11/2013

That was the only thing that was funny. Britney is awful and Justin's hair!

by Anonymousreply 13101/11/2013

He brought sexy back, but evidently he can't afford an iron

by Anonymousreply 13201/13/2013

Anyone hear his new song 'Mirrors'? I have to admit I like it, even though it's pretty much canned pop. It also has the exact same melody as 'Cry Me a River'.

by Anonymousreply 13302/13/2013

Who is Justin Timberlake?

by Anonymousreply 13402/13/2013

Am surprised to find self liking Suit & Tie.

by Anonymousreply 13502/13/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!