Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The U.K.'s "Drunken Streets of Shame" on New Year's Eve

The Daily Mail's articles about Britain's binge drinking culture crack me up. Here's the latest. I wonder if the lass in the fourth picture put her eyebrows on before or after she commenced drinking.

This is probably the last installment before Ladies' Day at Aintree rolls around in April.

by Anonymousreply 2301/05/2013

How warm is it in Newcastle at this time of year for the sad lass in red dressed like she's table-dancing in Ibiza in mid July?

by Anonymousreply 101/01/2013

It's Newcastle. They are stereotyped in the UK for going out partying in skimpy clothes without a coat no matter how cold it gets. Temperature in this case was reasonably warm for the time of year - probably about 5C/40F. E.g. no where near warm enough for that.

by Anonymousreply 201/01/2013

Told you we were hardcore, pet!!!

by Anonymousreply 301/01/2013

the straight lifestyle

by Anonymousreply 401/01/2013

City on fire! City on fire!

by Anonymousreply 501/01/2013

If we had known England was such a fun place, we'd never have separated from them 230 years go. Party on, Garth!

by Anonymousreply 601/01/2013

chavs rule!

by Anonymousreply 701/01/2013

There was an actor on Telly a few nights ago lamenting what he sees in Britain's streets.

by Anonymousreply 801/01/2013

And they don't take advice to wear their coats. During the record cold snap a couple of years ago (or was it last year?) people were wearing clothes just as skimpy. One girl was passed out near a pile of snow and turning blue. I don't know if that was a photoshop effect. It must be frustrating to be a taxpayer and see NHS pounds poured into scraping drunks off the street on a weekly basis.

by Anonymousreply 901/02/2013

How classy!

by Anonymousreply 1001/02/2013

They need a few Bushmasters over there.

by Anonymousreply 1101/02/2013

Ha!

by Anonymousreply 1201/04/2013

How the have Brits fallen.

AYB, what are your thoughts on this issue?

by Anonymousreply 1301/04/2013

If Diogenes had wandered the streets of England looking for an attractive person rather than an honest one, he'd still be on foot in despair.

by Anonymousreply 1401/04/2013

Can you blame them? Britian's a boring shithole little island. They've got nothing else to do but drown their sorrows.

by Anonymousreply 1501/04/2013

"Can you blame them? Britian's a boring shithole little island. They've got nothing else to do but drown their sorrows."

Ah, yes, meanwhile our under- or overmedicated psychos shoot children. Much bettah!

by Anonymousreply 1601/04/2013

One of the reasons why guys age so fast in the UK.

Look at the faces of guys in their 40s, they look 60 because of years of alcohol abuse.

by Anonymousreply 1701/05/2013

Eh, it's Newcastle on NYE. That's like taking photos of college kids in Cancun during Spring Break and holding them up as representative of all Americans.

Dear God that girl's eyebrows though.

by Anonymousreply 1801/05/2013

I can' remember if it was in an article or a tv show that I saw one of these young binge drinkers dressed in almost nothing and passed out in a pile of snow.

They have ambulances specifically for rounding up vomitting/passed out teens who need to be taken to the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 1901/05/2013

The Daily Mail crack me up with this caption:

[quote]I never go out without my plant: A woman under the influence of alcohol dragging an uprooted plant through Swansea

by Anonymousreply 2001/05/2013

[quote]One of the reasons why guys age so fast in the UK.

I've also noticed it among a lot of British actors. The guys I remember watching in their 20's as young actors are virtually unrecognizable when they hit middle-age.

by Anonymousreply 2101/05/2013

The pet plant did make me laugh. I didn't even notice the eyebrows because I was so fascinated by the idea of taking a plant for a walk.

by Anonymousreply 2201/05/2013

A friend in college uprooted and took a potted begonia from the outdoor courtyard at Fondue Fred on Telegraph in Berkeley many, many years ago. They used to have unlimited beer and wine options with their all-you-can-eat fondue. Walked off with it under her coat.

by Anonymousreply 2301/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.