Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Killers

Anyone else love this band too? Brandon Flowers is hotness on a stick. I know they are super mormons,but I think they are gay-friendly. Any good stories?

by Anonymousreply 2301/05/2013

No stories, but they played at a tranny bar in Vegas for a few years. See link

by Anonymousreply 101/01/2013

I do like Flowers.

by Anonymousreply 201/01/2013

Their first record was great. Second record has a few great tracks. Third record was horrible. The fourth record is quite good. Very Americana. And yes, The Killers are very much pro-gay, despite the Mormon nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 301/01/2013

They're pro-not offending a core segment of their audience, and I do think I remember Flowers saying something dumb about gays and then quickly apologizing. I'm not going to google it, they're not worth it, but maybe someone else will remember.

by Anonymousreply 401/01/2013

"You don't realize what you could be getting yourselves into with Fall Out Boy," Flowers said, addressing British music fans, "and what kind of impact it could have in a way that you don't really want. Culturally, if it gets as big as it is in America, it could change an entire generation of people growing up here. Emo, pop-punk — whatever you want to call it — is dangerous. We don't wanna dislike anyone, and we've still never met Fall Out Boy, but there's a creature inside me that wants to beat all those bands to death. They just all go into the happy-emo funnel and everyone loves 'em without thinking."

First of all, he sounds like a moron. Second of all, he sounds like a paranoid, fundie moron. If he hates emo music so much, why is he incapable if giving even one example of why it's so "dangerous?" Because if he did more clearly articulate why he's so threatened by it, it'd expose all his nitwit religious beliefs he wants to remain vague about. They guy is a flake.

by Anonymousreply 501/01/2013

Tim Burton directed their most recent video. Brandon Flowers did a solo effort two years ago with Charlize Theron in a music video. He is sexy and he knows it, but doesn't come off as too arrogant.

by Anonymousreply 601/03/2013

I would eat three miles of Brandon's shit just to kiss his pucker hole.

by Anonymousreply 701/03/2013

R-7 Seek professional help.

by Anonymousreply 801/03/2013

Brandon said he was voting for Mitt. He had me until then.

by Anonymousreply 901/03/2013

Was anyone else super shocked that they are religious? I couldn't believe it they came across like hipster alt rockers. I was extremely disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 1001/03/2013

R9, he said he (and the band) was remaining neutral. Romney thought he had his vote because of being Mormon. It didn't work.

by Anonymousreply 1101/03/2013

Well, the "Spaceman" video, and Brandon's outfit in particular, is probably the gayest music video by a bunch of Mormons.

by Anonymousreply 1201/04/2013

I don't love this band but it has produced five or less good songs. I hope in the future this band will get improved. Their first album was their best and that's not cool for a band.

by Anonymousreply 1301/04/2013

R10 being religious is not something that deserves someone's contempt. You are shallow...

Being fanatical is not ok, but being religious may mean a lot of positive things. Why you stuck on the superficial view of 'religion'? That's disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 1401/04/2013

The first time I heard Smile Like You Mean It on the radio, I thought to myself, "Oh, someone covered a Smiths tune." Then I realized it's not a cover, just someone wrote a song that is lyrically very similar to what The Smiths used to do.

by Anonymousreply 1501/04/2013

Didn't someone in the band commit suicide a couple of years ago?

by Anonymousreply 1601/04/2013

[R16] yes saxophonist Tommy Marth in April of last year. He joined the band during the production of the band's second album Sam's Town. He went on tour with them after that and stayed with the band through their most recent album Day and Age, as well as during freelance work during tour breaks.

by Anonymousreply 1701/04/2013

Brandon Flowers is a freeper. They're dead to me.

by Anonymousreply 1801/04/2013

He's right about Green Day. They suck

by Anonymousreply 1901/04/2013

Edit: the Killers most recent album is Battle Born, Tommy effectively left the band after Day and Age was released but would continue to go on the road with them during the promotional tour. After that he went on to perform with a few indie bands (The Big Friendly Corporation, among others). It appears, for the last six months or so he was alive, he was a marketing manager for the Hard Rock Cafe in Las Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 2001/04/2013

Brandon is sexy and I really like their music but the whole Mormon thing is a big disappointment to me.

R12 the first time I saw that video and Brandon's outfit, it looked to me like it was inspired by Queen's It's a hard life.

by Anonymousreply 2101/04/2013

R14 I understand what you say but I am far from shallow. If we are honest than them being religious Mormons is off putting, it's a stereotype yeah but most of the time it is true. In my opinion there is something up if u believe in the Joseph Smith crap...

by Anonymousreply 2201/04/2013

A Brandon Flowers/Adam Levine sex tape. We can dream, can't we?

by Anonymousreply 2301/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!