Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ann Curry Asking to be Released from NBC Contract take over Anderson's spot!

by Anonymousreply 13501/09/2013

R1, nothing is finalized yet.

But I do agree it's outrageous that Anderson Cooper is paid millions of dollars a year.

by Anonymousreply 201/01/2013

[quote] do agree it's outrageous that Anderson Cooper is paid millions of dollars a year.

His show currently sits third after O'Reilly and The Ed Show, and is danger of slipping to fourth after Nancy Grace.

He is most definitely going to be asked to take a pay cut, and get a demotion, with all of the network talent that is being poached right now.

by Anonymousreply 301/01/2013

Anderson could keep his ten o clock slot. It really makes no sense to have two hours of his show sandwiched between Piers to begin with.

NBC is clearly showing that they're the boys club. Such petty jealousy over a decision they made. And now all this cock strutting. I'm surprised the boss hasn't asked Curry to roll around on his desk in her bra and panties so he can "consider" the decision.

by Anonymousreply 401/01/2013

How did Anderson Cooper get into a position where he was able to command such large fees? Being paid millions of dollars puts him up there with many Hollywood movie stars in terms of salary.

What was CNN thinking?

by Anonymousreply 501/01/2013

1) first his boyfriend publicly humiliates him by cheating on him.

2) he looks like a total fool and a cuckold by taking said cheating boyfriend back

3)his talk show gets cancelled

4) now he's going to lose his position at CNN to Ann Curry.

by Anonymousreply 601/01/2013

NBC should do it. People are forgetting that she was fired because she sucked. Remind them.

When Ann's show debuts and is a bigger disaster than Connie Chung's — with her stumbling over every other line and displaying her unwatchably cloying interview style — NBC will be vindicated and Today's ratings will rise.

by Anonymousreply 701/01/2013

[quote] bigger disaster than Connie Chung's

She was pulling in 1 million plus viewers a night.

That is double what AC is now getting at 8PM

Hardly a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 801/01/2013

What R7 said. I think Ann is probably a very fine person, and I believe she was unfairly handled by NBC. But she is just a terrible, terrible host and interviewer. CNN would fall even farther behind with her in the 8 pm slot. Though I agree it's stupid to have Anderson at 8 & 10.

by Anonymousreply 901/01/2013

[quote] What was CNN thinking?

Former management looked at AC as their savior. The guy that is avant-guard, cutting edge, and assumed he could lure the youth audience.

They poured in tons of time and money promoting him all over CNN, and locked him up in a multimillion dollar contract.

Problem is that they alienated their audience base, and then realized young people get their news from the internet, not TV.

His days are now numbered under Zucker.

by Anonymousreply 1101/01/2013

Well, it might not work but they have to try something, right? Anderson is a total failure.

by Anonymousreply 1201/01/2013

not to mention that his boyfriend Ben is on the air with him if only for a minute but I bet Ben was standing there most of the time.

Do other anchors have their spouses and partners on tv with them?

by Anonymousreply 1301/01/2013

I don't need to say anything else R10

Actions speak louder than words.

Happy holidays!

by Anonymousreply 1401/01/2013

I don't think Ann or Anderson are especially good at their jobs.

There's just something ... missing.

by Anonymousreply 1501/01/2013

I think Piers Morgan has better ratings than Anderson now.

by Anonymousreply 1701/01/2013

"People are forgetting that she was fired because she sucked."

She was fired because Matt Lauer wanted her to be.

Why hasn't the ratings gone up or at least maintained if she were that terrible?

by Anonymousreply 1801/01/2013

Like I said R16

Actions speak louder than words.

by Anonymousreply 1901/01/2013

Trashing Anderson is wrongheaded. He made an ass of himself going the daytime talk show route. I agree. But he won't be the first nor the last media personality to do that.

The fact is, he was doing a good job with his segments at 60 Minutes for CBS, and he absolutely did have respect as a journalist a few years ago, when he'd go to combat zones or cover big stories.

That was before CNN, desperately convinced him to try on a different role. Anderson needs to go back to reporting. He might even consider going full time on a 60 Minutes type magazine show.

As for CNN, until they run Piers Morgan out of town and get rid of that motley 3rd rate crew beginning with Wolf, Candy, Dana, Roland Martin, Gergen, and all the rest, they are doomed.

Back in the day, when Christiane Amanpour and Anderson were reporting, and Fareed Zacharias was commenting, Nic Robertson, etc. they had a good team. John King I'd keep because I like his maps.

Remember the HBO movie with Michael Keaton and David Suchet about the first Gulf War and how CNN got in there, and really reported? Those were the days! Except Ted Turner was still in charge then wasn't he?

If CNN wants to do the world a favor, they could hire Luke Russert. I never watch CNN anymore, but I like MSNBC and NBC. I'd rather not look at Luke. He's such an ass he can't even command the English Language properly in his reports.

I can't comment on Ann Curry. IMO she never did anything to distinguish herself. She's parsley.

by Anonymousreply 2101/01/2013

And like I said crazy anti-AC troll R19, you need a psychiatrist to look into your never ending need to go after Anderson Cooper and start threads here on a daily basis just so he can be trashed. You are sick.

by Anonymousreply 2201/01/2013

Right back at you R20

by Anonymousreply 2301/01/2013

Right back at you R22

by Anonymousreply 2401/01/2013

[quote]As for CNN, until they run Piers Morgan out of town

Piers Morgan has the best-rated show on CNN right now - why would they get rid of him?

by Anonymousreply 2501/01/2013

R10 R16 R20 is a parody. Right?

by Anonymousreply 2601/01/2013

R26 she is actually serious.

by Anonymousreply 2701/01/2013

Right back at you R29

by Anonymousreply 3001/01/2013

Here's the other thread the anti-AC troll started. If you think she's sane, you may need help yourself.

by Anonymousreply 3101/01/2013

I'm not as good as you R32

by Anonymousreply 3301/01/2013

After dragging his cheating, whoring boyfriend up on stage last night, Jeff Zucker must have been saying get this loser off of my network. Poor, poor Anderson it will be so laughable when he's unemployed in 2013. Serves him right after that horribly biased coverage of the 2012 election. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 3401/01/2013

A talk show for housewives was his biggest career-move disaster. I think they felt they could turn him into an Ellen.... but she's genuinely witty. He's not. And the dopey humble-guy shtick gets tired real fast.

Next biggest career move disaster is the NewYearsEve thing. What-in-the-world could doing New Years EVe in Times Square possibly add to his career?

The other disaster is Kathy Griffin. I like her in small doses... but middle America is not going to warm up to her. She thinks she's Joan Rivers but she's a 3rd rate imitation. Besides, Rivers has been in the public eye for nearly 50 years, and there's only room for one.

So why associate himself so closely with Griffin? If anything, it has benefited her career and not his.

They're trying to create for him a young hip image with a broad appeal.... but true cool would have been honing his brand as a genuine journalist.

by Anonymousreply 3501/01/2013

His New Years program was the most interminable, unfocused mess I've ever sat through.

by Anonymousreply 3601/01/2013

I like Anderson but I have to admit last night's show wasn't very good. I was almost embarrassed for him. I had to keep switching channels because it got so boring.

by Anonymousreply 3701/01/2013

I'm just thankful I'm not crazy like you R33.

by Anonymousreply 3801/01/2013

That is one thing to be thankful for R38

by Anonymousreply 4001/01/2013

R7. Ann Curry does not suck. Ann has worked at NBC for 15 years. You don't last at a major television network for 15 years in a variety of on-air roles as she has if you suck.

And if you've noticed, Ann's replacement, Savannah Guthrie, hasn't improved the ratings at the Today Show.

by Anonymousreply 4201/01/2013

Man, Ann has had the last laugh @ NBC's expense, hasn't she? The 'Today" show is a shell of its former self and slipping in ratings. I really don't think a lot of the principals involved in the show will be there in 2014.

by Anonymousreply 4301/01/2013

R35: I get the feeling Gloria (and she's not too bright) befriended Kathy, maybe after years of Kathy fawning over her and over Anderson being a VANDERBILT mind you. I think Glo and Anderson love people who suck up to them, probably for their own personal gain, in this case Kathy's. Glo and Anderson make the mistake that people like them actually care for them.

by Anonymousreply 4401/01/2013

Ann Curry sucked in her role on the Today Show.

Watch her excruciatingly uncomfortable interview with Brad Pitt. It pretty much sums up her off-putting interview style.

Stay tuned for 5.15 into the video.

by Anonymousreply 4501/01/2013

I cringed watching some of her interviews. They were terrible. She was soft and way too gratuitous.

by Anonymousreply 4701/01/2013

[quote]I think Glo and Anderson love people who suck up to them, probably for their own personal gain, in this case Kathy's. Glo and Anderson make the mistake that people like them actually care for them.

R44 cares more for these people than anyone possibly should if they supposedly dislike them so much.

by Anonymousreply 4801/01/2013

Ann was fine. I liked her on Today. I wish she were still there. I probably would still be watching.

by Anonymousreply 4901/01/2013

It's the Today show, so it's not like she would have had a chance to really show her serious journalistic chops with fluff interviews and cooking segments. I mean, the last hour of Today is a drunken shitshow. When she was given on-assignment work, that's when she did her best reporting. I hope that wherever she lands that she's able to get back to more of that.

by Anonymousreply 5001/01/2013

Ann was lousy, she had an odd quality that was unappealing, pretentiousness or cloying, just irritating.

by Anonymousreply 5101/01/2013

I agree, R51. I still liked her more than Matt Lauer.

by Anonymousreply 5201/01/2013

I think Anderson wouldn't care, really - it's obvious he's all about Kathy Griffin's fake blow jobs and Andy Cohen's cocktails. The arena of serious journalism won't miss him.

by Anonymousreply 5301/01/2013

Anderson has made enough money. He's in love. Why would he care about anything else.

by Anonymousreply 5401/01/2013

None of them are real journalists and should not be on TV.

by Anonymousreply 5501/01/2013

I hope Ann brings the team dumplings, egg rolls and fried rice on the first day!!!

by Anonymousreply 5601/01/2013

R54 do you really think that whore he's keeping is going to stick around after the gigs and travel dry up? Anderson is wealthy, but he's cash poor. He needs to work to keep up his current lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 5701/01/2013

R57 and you know this, how? I seriously doubt Anderson is cash poor, making 7+ figures a year.

by Anonymousreply 5801/01/2013

R58, go ahead and assume that whatever Anderson's reported salary is, he sees about 40-45% percent of that after taxes, agents, managers, assistants, etc. Then just add in the cost of living in New York, three homes, etc. He's not poor, but he probably has to work to keep up his current lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 5901/01/2013

Is Piers Morgan really getting higher ratings than Cooper? That's embarrassing.

I wonder if Ann Curry has any awareness of her weaknesses. Surely, when she stumbles reading the news so much, she has to feel it. She was at it for so long, you'd think she'd improve.

CNN can only capitalize on her notoriety right now, but if she's not trainable it'll hurt in the long run.

by Anonymousreply 6001/01/2013

Matt and Ann BOTH suck.

by Anonymousreply 6201/01/2013

Ann is to NBC what Diana was to the Windsors.

by Anonymousreply 6301/01/2013

They really should just let her go. They can never undo the damage, but if they let her leave it might make them look less douchey.

by Anonymousreply 6401/01/2013

Anderson will be living in a box for the year 2013. Ben will then leave him and begin to stalk the bearded Ryan Seacreast.

by Anonymousreply 6501/01/2013

Lol!!! R56.

by Anonymousreply 6601/01/2013

R63 perfectly sums it up.

by Anonymousreply 6701/01/2013

R65 should be in a straitjacket for the year 2013 and beyond. Go peddle your silly fantasies about a destitute Anderson somewhere else dearie.

by Anonymousreply 6801/01/2013

I mostly skim the Anderson threads because the subject seems to arouse the both equally bizarre and impassioned supporters and detractors and the posts are a repetitive slog. Why do people go on and on about him? He's not so awful or hugely interesting one way or another. He does his bosses' bidding just like the anchors and personalities at other networks. Yes, he became far too much of a personality, but to arouse this much debate and invective? Really? Why?

by Anonymousreply 6901/01/2013

Anderson is a Diane Arbus baby that will not open its eyes.

by Anonymousreply 7001/01/2013

Anderson was happy last night with Kathy and Ben at his side and that kills the anti-AC troll who'd like to believe he's crying his eyes out and suffering because she thinks it's all over for him.

by Anonymousreply 7101/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 7201/01/2013

Aaron Brown's cracking that beer open on a street corner in Arizona, homeless and forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 7301/01/2013

The show was a disaster, R8. I know because I watched it.

Connie's performance was so bad—from basic Teleprompter reading to cringeworthy interviews—that they switched the show from live to tape.

The content was tabloid trash. Ted Turner was quoted as saying the show was "just awful."

They pushed her off at the first opportunity, pre-empting the show for war coverage (you'd think you'd have your new marquee anchor DOING the coverage) and then just sort of forgetting to put her back on the air.

Beginning of the end for CNN.

by Anonymousreply 7401/01/2013

I'm with R69. It's a mystery other than a possible personal motive in the maligning of AC. And R65 Anderson is wealthy in his own right and stands to inherit a nice fortune from Gloria one day. I know what you say is tongue in cheek but it is very exaggerated. Anderson Cooper will NEVER be living in a box. And I'd prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt and assume that Ben loves him for more than his money.

P.s. Since we really have no inside info regarding AC and Ben's relationship it is quite possible that they were having problems when that photo of Ben in the park was taken. They may have even broken up temporarily. Sometimes absence does make the heart grow fonder. Maybe now they are stronger than ever. We have seen more pics emerge of the two of them in the past couple of months than in the previous three years. Food for thought.

by Anonymousreply 7501/01/2013

Aaron Brown had a great show, well rounded, topical and classy. Anderson is a joke. Keeping em honest indeed. His life is one big joke. He's a laughing stock in the industry.

by Anonymousreply 7601/01/2013

If Aaron Brown was so great, they'd be after him to come back to CNN and not Ann Curry (if that's even true). No one's asking Aaron Brown to anchor anything, no one cares about him, he's beyond irrelevance.

by Anonymousreply 7701/01/2013

R69 These threads are full of people with issues that go way beyond anything the DL could handle. It's useless to try and reason with mentally ill fangurls and detractors.

by Anonymousreply 7801/01/2013

R75: Gloria doesn't have a fortune. She blew all of the Vanderbilt money, and was actually living with Anderson for awhile.

Anderson won't be inheriting Vanderbilt money from her.

by Anonymousreply 7901/01/2013

Jeff Zucker is sure doing his best to save NBC news. They must be paying him a fortune to take down CNN.

by Anonymousreply 8001/01/2013

R79 wrong.

by Anonymousreply 8101/01/2013

R79 a little googling and I found her net worth to be at approx. $200 million. Maybe not a fortune to you but I'd sure like a piece of that.

by Anonymousreply 8201/01/2013

Wow, I had no idea GVB was so rich. Anderson's a multi-millionaire already and he'll get all of her money (and her other sons will too I guess).

by Anonymousreply 8301/01/2013

Gloria was never worth $200 million. She's not broke, but there is no great fortune there.....maybe $10 million at most.

by Anonymousreply 8401/01/2013

Gloria admitted herself on Larry King that she was told by her accountants that she didn't have the money to maintain her lifestyle. She blew threw the money she inherited. She was living with Anderson for awhile.

She's written some books, maybe whored herself out, made some money. But there is no great fortune.

by Anonymousreply 8501/01/2013

GV inheirited $4 million when she turned 21.

by Anonymousreply 8601/01/2013

R83: Gloria only has one other son still living that is still talking to her to inherit from. Who knows if she cut out the one who cut off contact years ago.

by Anonymousreply 8701/01/2013

R86: Yes, she only got 4 million

by Anonymousreply 8801/01/2013

How much is that $4 million in today's dollars?

by Anonymousreply 8901/01/2013

What is it the point of arguing about Gloria's net worth? Are we still trying to decide if Anderson will end up living in a box? I say no. I'll bet my house on it.

by Anonymousreply 9001/01/2013

Anderson's got enough money now to support that entire clan.

by Anonymousreply 9101/01/2013

He could support everyone that posts on DL if he wanted to.

by Anonymousreply 9201/01/2013

Yes, Anderson needs to step down and let someone else make the big bucks. I cant take greedy ass bitches!

by Anonymousreply 9301/01/2013

R89: zero. she blew it all.

by Anonymousreply 9401/01/2013

Bet some of Anderson's relatives in Mississippi are close to living in boxes.

by Anonymousreply 9501/01/2013

[quote]I mostly skim the Anderson threads because the subject seems to arouse the both equally bizarre and impassioned supporters and detractors and the posts are a repetitive slog. Why do people go on and on about him?

They are benderfrau who ambush these threads because they are miserable fucks that have nothing else better to do than to tell other people what they should think about Anderson Cooper. They keep coming back so their plan is obviously not working.

by Anonymousreply 9601/01/2013

When anyone mentions the word "benderfrau", you can rest assured that THEY are the problem. Looking at you R96. Miserable is the definition of your entire pathetic existence.

Don't be fooled by R96's act R69.

by Anonymousreply 9701/01/2013

[quote] P.s. Since we really have no inside info regarding AC and Ben's relationship it is quite possible that they were having problems when that photo of Ben in the park was taken. They may have even broken up temporarily.

Anderson Hayes Vanderbilt Copper is a USER. As long as his “trade” does exactly what he is told there will be no problems. And when I say that I’m not trying to disrespect Ben. That’s just the way Anderson treats him, like his servant. I used to clown Ben all the time but I actually feel sorry for the guy after hearing how Anderson can truly be when in a relationship. As soon as Ben grows some balls like "the others" did and not follow Anderson’s every directive they will break up as well. Anderson will have no use for him anymore.

Now that his daytime show is being cancelled and his evening show may be cancelled or reduced AC is allowing Ben to be seen at times. If you recall a year ago they broke up and Ben was no where to be found because AC had refused to be seen with him even at x-mas parties and events because he was paranoid of what his straight and people in the business might think of him. He was very ashamed. He has nothing to lose anymore. His worst fears have come to fruition but it’s not because of him being gay. It’s the way he turned his nose at his followers (so many of them gay) all these years and refused to acknowledge who he really was.

Now that he’s “out” people could care less. Now that he’s talking about “gay issues” people could care less. Now that he’s speaking up for gay causes people could care less. Now that he has stopped bashing President Obama people could care less. He’s made his bed and now he has to lie in it. Anderson played his hand and lost BIG TIME!

P.S. Arguing with the benderfrau is useless. Just state what you have to say and ignore those two.

by Anonymousreply 9801/01/2013

You know there are some truly horrible people in this world but I don't believe Anderson Cooper is one of them. Nor is his boyfriend Ben, whose only crime, it seems, is being associated with AC. So, why they take so much abuse here is beyond me. Maybe it's jealousy. That is a very strong emotion and very powerful too. I'll leave it at that.

by Anonymousreply 9901/01/2013

I'm one of the few that actually likes Ann and does not like Anderson. Ann is serious and professional while Anderson is embarassing to watch since he always acts like a giggling school girl all the time. I like how Ann just goes straight to the interviews rather than ramble about stupid stuff like Anderson, Kathy Lee, etc.

by Anonymousreply 10001/01/2013

Exactly R99.

Why call anyone a "benderfrau" unless you have a problem with reality? The facts say that Anderson and Ben are a happy, stable and committed couple and the only ones who disagree with that and try to throw water on it are those crazies like R98 who can't face facts and therefore have to name-call those of us who deal in reality and facts. There is nothing in R98's scenario about AC and Ben that is remotely true, if it were, they would not be together, but they are and that's what gets to the crazies like R98.

And maybe R98 if you "cared less" about AC and Ben the way you think others do or should (btw the term is actually "couldn't care less",) you wouldn't feel the need to post nonsense and lies about either of them, but you care VERY MUCH about this subject and you know it.

by Anonymousreply 10101/01/2013

I suspect that we will be seeing a lot more of Ben in the coming weeks. Anderson is no idiot, he hearing the gossip and knows that Zucker wants him gone. So he is going to trot his piece out in public, to put Jeff in an interesting position. Does Zucker really want to be the new guy in charge and his first big move is to fire the out gay guy?

by Anonymousreply 10201/01/2013

Bullshit R102.

by Anonymousreply 10301/01/2013

Theres this GORGEOUS asian anchor on msnbc right now as we speak talking about the fiscal cliff. I think I'm in love. How can Anderson compete against guys like that? He seems really smart too. Unlike Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 10401/01/2013

R104=CRAZY reality denier.

by Anonymousreply 10501/01/2013

[quote](btw the term is actually "couldn't care less",) you wouldn't feel the need to post nonsense and lies about either of them, but you care VERY MUCH about this subject and you know it.

You are confusing CARING with people who like to GOSSIP. This is a gossip site isn't it? Please don't create even more creases in your face worrying about what other people think and SAY about AC. Move to Pakistan if you believe in censorship. Again I COULD CARE LESS about his fake allegiance to the gay community all of a sudden.

by Anonymousreply 10601/01/2013

Anderson can compete through the power of his giggle.

by Anonymousreply 10701/01/2013

Oh dear, r106.

by Anonymousreply 10801/01/2013

R106, get it together dear.

by Anonymousreply 10901/01/2013

Anybody watching Richard Lui on msnbc. He is so gorgeous. Is he taken?

by Anonymousreply 11001/01/2013

Ann is rarely seen on NBC now - they should honor her request and let her go. Everyone needs to put that chapter to bed.

by Anonymousreply 11101/02/2013

I think it would be great if Ann got the job at CNN. Giggles should aim for hosting some reality shows. He would do a very good job at that.

by Anonymousreply 11201/02/2013

Any updates?

by Anonymousreply 11301/03/2013

I read that NBC will not let her out of her contract - at least as of this moment. Considering everything she's been through, sees like a foolish decision on NBC's part.

by Anonymousreply 11401/03/2013

Surely, NBC could use her salary to fund another reporter or two. It's not as though they're keeping an ace.

by Anonymousreply 11501/03/2013

Exellent point, R15.

by Anonymousreply 11601/03/2013

OOPS, that would be R115.

by Anonymousreply 11701/03/2013

Oh, my:

Whatever its ratings or its commercial prospects — the network is still believed to be profitable — I cannot help but wonder if CNN may have already jumped that shark. On Monday night, news of a deal to avert the fiscal cliff had already broken, and most networks were killing time with retrospectives and celebrity interviews. With midnight approaching, I flipped to CNN, where Anderson Cooper was camped out in Times Square. It wasn’t pretty.

It was bad enough that Cooper — an intelligent, impartial journalist who’s put his life on the line in disaster areas and war zones often in his career — was paired, once again, with the thoroughly unentertaining Kathy Griffin, who is apparently also famous for some reason. (I’m not being intentionally dismissive — I honestly have no idea what else she is known for, but I grant that the first time I saw on on the New Year’s Eve CNN special, she was vaguely familiar.) Griffin’s purpose in the broadcast seems primarily to make Anderson Cooper giggle and blush — which she accomplished this year by pretending to perform oral sex on him live on air.

by Anonymousreply 11801/03/2013

Anderson likes young good looking bucks. One guy has never and will never be enough for him. Nothing wrong with that. I'm sure Ben is the same way. Leave them alone.

by Anonymousreply 11901/03/2013

I don't know about that R119, they seem to be pretty settled and exclusive. Maybe they have others on the side, but it just doesn't seem likely to me.

by Anonymousreply 12001/03/2013

Does Conrad Black still own the National Post? Though he's right in his conclusion about the crap the CNN serves up, it figures that a conservative paper's columnist calls Cooper "impartial" when he has been tougher on the Democrats throughout the election process and was leading their Benghazi charge (WTF ever happened with that?). The people commenting actually think that CNN leans towards the Democrats. OK. Either they are Canadians who don't watch CNN and have no clue as to the content or they're tea bagger types who drink the Fox Koolaid.

by Anonymousreply 12101/03/2013

Ann Curry did some exellent reporting when she worked with Dateline NBC. She's also done some great stuff from overseas. I hope she gets a shot at her own news/interview show on CNN.

by Anonymousreply 12201/03/2013

I think the Aspers own it now R121, but they're just as conservative

by Anonymousreply 12301/03/2013

Anderson has a glamour and a mystique about him - how many other reporters are on the cover of Vanity Fair?

If CNN drops him he will be quickly hired elsewhere - though not for $ 7 million per year.

by Anonymousreply 12401/03/2013

I agree R124, he'll get work. He might be disliked here but he has a good reputation and a good history in spite of bad ratings, he wouldn't have a difficult time getting another job if CNN was dumb enough to drop him.

by Anonymousreply 12501/03/2013

Unless they tape and heavily edit her show and send her to Darfur every other week, she's fucked, R122.

by Anonymousreply 12601/03/2013

More made up gossip.

Anderson is doing riveting reporting from CT.

CNN would have to be fools to fire him, now.

by Anonymousreply 12701/03/2013

[quote]She was soft and way too gratuitous.

I don't like her either, but what does "too gratuitous" mean?

by Anonymousreply 12801/03/2013

I'm guessing they meant "obsequious" or "unctuous," R128. Both of which she is.

by Anonymousreply 12901/03/2013

[quote]I think the Aspers own it now

They lost it, too.

by Anonymousreply 13001/03/2013

[quote]Anderson is doing riveting reporting from CT

If they had monthly school killings with Katrinas in between, he could end up with a reputation as a journalist. People might forget all the giggles and his trashy fangurl attachment to NeNe Leakes and other reality celebs.

by Anonymousreply 13101/03/2013

The thing about AC is that he can go both ways, serious and funny without losing his cred. When he's talking to political figures on 360, I don't think about talk show AC and vice versa. He's always been able to do both easily. Lots of talk shows fail these days, Katie is doing ok but she's not a blockbuster hit either.

by Anonymousreply 13201/03/2013

[quote]When he's talking to political figures on 360, I don't think about talk show AC and vice versa.

Just because this is your way of viewing him doesn't mean that thousands of others don't do the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 13301/08/2013

R133, just because that is your way of viewing him doesn't mean that thousands of others don't do the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 13401/08/2013

Apparently her people are still in talks with Zucker.

by Anonymousreply 13501/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!