Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sean Hannity lost half his TV audience after Obama was re-elected

MONDAY, DEC 31, 2012

[quote]Being wrong has consequences

Conservative mouthpiece Sean Hannity lost about half of his TV audience in the weeks after the election while his colleague Bill O’Reily’s viewership only dropped by about a third, the Daily News reported:

The Daily News:

So what happened to Hannity?

The going wisdom is that viewers who basked in his preelection anti-Obama rhetoric tuned him out when they were stunned to wake up on Nov. 7 and discover that the President had won a second term — a scenario that Hannity had all but promised could never happen.

Before the election, Hannity was riding high in the ratings and topped thought leaders on the right, like Dick Morris, Ann Coulter, Peggy Noonan and talk radio bulldog Mark Levin, who predicted Obama would lose in a landslide.

Hannity performed even worse in the “money-demo” of viewers aged 25-54. More than half of them deserted his show.

by Anonymousreply 1702/01/2013

There is a Goddess and she don't like ugly. Or scaly feet.

by Anonymousreply 112/31/2012

Happy New Year, Bobblehead Sean!

by Anonymousreply 212/31/2012

Apparently he is losing ground in the ratings to Rachel Maddow now?

by Anonymousreply 312/31/2012

Now if only he would lose his job. And not be able to find a new one. And become unemployed.

THAT would be sweet.

by Anonymousreply 412/31/2012

Better yet, r4, if he'd never been born. And there was no Clarence the Angel to save him. Dive off that fiscal cliff, asshole. And take Rush Potter with you.

by Anonymousreply 512/31/2012

How much is just attributable to across-the-board decline in viewership of (political) news now that the election is over?

by Anonymousreply 612/31/2012

He needs to lose twice as much.

by Anonymousreply 701/09/2013

The grizzled republicans I know hate his guts and compare him to Luke Russert and Tucker Carlson.

What person under 40 watches his shit?

by Anonymousreply 801/09/2013

I saw this great graph come across my FB timeline... good news indeed:

by Anonymousreply 901/31/2013

I don't know, R8, but he still gets big ratings, even if they've gone down.

by Anonymousreply 1001/31/2013

Surprised this turd face is even still on.

by Anonymousreply 1101/31/2013

Proof that elections have consequences.

by Anonymousreply 1201/31/2013

I love good news.

by Anonymousreply 1301/31/2013

It might be that Republicans don't want to watch the news about Obama, since they are sick of hearing about him, but I wonder if some of those viewers were Democrats wanting to know what was being said about the election?

On election night, everyone turned to Fox to watch the meltdown. That doesn't mean they all loved Fox or Hannity, they just wanted to watch the apoplexy on parade.

by Anonymousreply 1401/31/2013

Easy come easy go. In 1996, he was a failed radio jockey who didn't even have a couch in his apartment, living on an 18K per year job in Huntsville, Alabama. Then he sold his soul to the GOP for cash, and became a millionaire. The sooner this talentless fool sinks back into the morass of failure, the better.

by Anonymousreply 1502/01/2013

[quote] How much is just attributable to across-the-board decline in viewership of (political) news now that the election is over?

I was thinking the same thing. Don't get me wrong; Hannity is a partisan hack. But even I watch MSNBC a heckuva lot less now that the election is over.

by Anonymousreply 1602/01/2013

r16, that may be true, but look at r9's chart. MSNBC is up, FOX is down.

by Anonymousreply 1702/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!