Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Climate Risks Have Been Underestimated for the Last 20 Years

The world's most authoritative voice on climate science has consistently understated the rate and intensity of climate change and the danger those impacts represent, say a growing number of studies:

by Anonymousreply 1103/31/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 101/04/2013

Just read a headline today that the melting of the poles and Greenland is now considered inevitable. Humans disgust me.

by Anonymousreply 201/04/2013

Even the most "alarmist" predictions are proving to be rather conservative.

by Anonymousreply 301/06/2013

Of course it has been known by the powers that be, why do you think the money grab began? Only the richest of the rich will survive, and in the end we all get treated the same.

by Anonymousreply 401/06/2013

The global warming deniers are sounding more and more like flat earthers.

by Anonymousreply 501/06/2013

There are just too many people on the planet. Mother Nature will make the necessary corrections.

by Anonymousreply 601/06/2013

" "Many scientists felt that report erred by underplaying the degree of confidence in the linkage between climate change and certain types of severe weather, including heat wave severity, heavy precipitation and drought, and HURRICANE INTENSITY,” he said. "

From the OP's article.

Emphasis mine.

by Anonymousreply 701/06/2013

I can't believe there are still morons that deny the reality of global warming.

by Anonymousreply 801/25/2013

An appropriate day to bump this

by Anonymousreply 902/17/2013

It's telling that the most extreme of the predictions haven't been extreme enough.

by Anonymousreply 1003/31/2013

The Economist has two interesting articles thus week that cast doubt on the extreme predictions. There is now some consensus of revising forecasts downward. Scientists still don't understand why, for example, there hasn't been appreciable warming over the past 10 years when there should have been. The Economist recommends an ounce of prevention being worth a pound of cure, but it still gives me hope that things aren't as fucked up as they seem.

by Anonymousreply 1103/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.