Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

This party I'm invited to tomorrow night

I'm thinking of not going. I was supposed to bring Twister, but I just don't feel up to it.

This would be my fifth year of going. The same five of us do it every year. And I have to say, they're kind of boring.

The host got pissed last year when I came in with wine, which we didn't use, because she feels you can have just as much fun sober as you can drunk. And it was okay. We played scrabble while we watched Turner Classic Movies. The only truly exciting part was when her one friend thought it would be cool if she kissed Ryan Seacrest while he was on the television screen. Some hooting and hollering as she was on her knees frenching the television.

But this year I would rather be at home sipping Irish cream on my sofa watching Antennae TV.

Is it too last minute to back out tomorrow?

by Anonymousreply 3612/31/2012

It's never too late to stay away from a boring party.

by Anonymousreply 112/30/2012

Good God. Run! Save yourself!

by Anonymousreply 212/30/2012

[quote] Is it too last minute to back out tomorrow?

Yes

by Anonymousreply 312/30/2012

Who doesn't drink on New Year's Eve other than recovering alcoholics?

The real question is why did you go back the 2nd, 3rd and 4th years?

by Anonymousreply 412/30/2012

Just tell her something suddenly came up!

by Anonymousreply 512/30/2012

R4 She's not a recovering alcoholic, she just feels that alcohol is vastly overrated.

I go because I get asked so far in advance. Usually in early November. I feel bad if I don't say yes.

by Anonymousreply 612/30/2012

This is so pathetic that just READING it has made me want to kill myself.

Get new friends, dude.

by Anonymousreply 712/30/2012

You could always bring alcohol and make a scene.

by Anonymousreply 812/30/2012

Just tell them that one of your New Year's resolutions is getting rid of all the boring, judgmental people in your life. And then tell them to go fuck themselves.

by Anonymousreply 912/30/2012

What r7 said. Oh.My.God. What boring friends. You poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 1012/30/2012

Fein the flu. Stay home and enjoy yourself.

by Anonymousreply 1112/30/2012

Jesus Christ, I wish I was invited somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 1212/30/2012

It sounds like hell on earth, OP. Feign a stomach bug.

by Anonymousreply 1312/30/2012

Kinda. You already said you were going, go. When one person cancels out, then it can kind of avalanche. You don't want to be the one who ruined someone's party. next year, just say you have other plans.

by Anonymousreply 1412/30/2012

Bring a prostitute. Someone who is really obviously a prostitute. It will at least liven up this year's party and probably get you out of being invited to next year's.

by Anonymousreply 1512/30/2012

You were going to play Twister? That is no fun unless you are drunk. Sorry, sounds like a drag, not the no-alcohol part as much as the hostess part. She sounds obnoxious. A lot of people are coming down with the flu - so can you.!

by Anonymousreply 1612/30/2012

Uh, Twister? Frenching Ryan Seacrest on the television screen? What has DL come to? This is obviously a troll post. He got you good.

by Anonymousreply 1712/30/2012

She can feel alcohol is "overrated" (it's not), but she shouldn't host a New Year's Eve party and not expect her guests to have a drink or two. You don't all have to vomiting in her bathroom, but to make it verboten?

by Anonymousreply 1812/30/2012

[quote]The host got pissed last year when I came in with wine

If the host actually got pissed because you were gracious enough to bring wine, I'd tell her to screw off. What a bitch.

Stay home and enjoy yourself.

by Anonymousreply 1912/30/2012

[quote]The only truly exciting part was when her one friend thought it would be cool if she kissed Ryan Seacrest while he was on the television screen. Some hooting and hollering as she was on her knees frenching the television.

If that was the highlight, I cannot imagine how utterly boring the rest of the night must have been. The host sounds weird and controlling and this "party" sounds like a total snooze-fest.

by Anonymousreply 2012/30/2012

God, that sounds like a New Years party I might have gone to in the 6th Grade. OP, you should BAIL, I think you owe it to yourself.

by Anonymousreply 2112/30/2012

OP, are you in Canada?

by Anonymousreply 2212/30/2012

There's only 5 of you? Go, but take a deck of cards instead. Play poker. At least make the night interesting.

by Anonymousreply 2312/30/2012

Just show up drunk!!

by Anonymousreply 2412/30/2012

Thank you, OP. I haven't laughed this hard all day.

by Anonymousreply 2512/30/2012

Your friends all look like the Carpenters and wear pullover sweaters, right OP?

by Anonymousreply 2612/30/2012

It sounds like a bunch of teenage nerd girls in footie pajamas the way OP describes it.

by Anonymousreply 2712/30/2012

This is why I hate New Year's. It's so frigging overrated. People would rather go to a dreadfully boring party than stay home alone with a good bottle of bubbly and tv. Not me. I decided years ago that I wasn't going to do things just to please other people. So, yes,I cancel at the last minute sometimes if I really don't want to go somewhere. And OP I suggest you do the same. If you've never had a good time at this party then make up any excuse and stay away.

by Anonymousreply 2812/31/2012

The host sounds controlling and ridged. Does she get all pissy and bent out of shape when people don't do what she wants just the way she wants?

by Anonymousreply 2912/31/2012

Stop being a doormat for this control freak host. Call and cancel and don't feel any guilt about it, if you want to. Life's too short to put up with other people's bullshit rules.

by Anonymousreply 3012/31/2012

The year ends with the best EST of 2012! Genius, because it's so deftly dispiriting. Bravo, Brava!

by Anonymousreply 3112/31/2012

This never happened.

Damn, you cunts are gullible.

by Anonymousreply 3212/31/2012

2/10. At least I didn't get sucked in like the rest of you morons.

by Anonymousreply 3312/31/2012

5/10 would have been better with one less anecdote about the party...maybe drop the twister.

by Anonymousreply 3412/31/2012

The host is Reese Witherspoon, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 3512/31/2012

Turner Classic Movies was a just a little too precious for me. This group probably wants to watch Dick Clark.

by Anonymousreply 3612/31/2012
Need more help? Click Here.