Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Galloping Gourmet here, posting my New Year's Eve Party Menu!!

I'm throwing a party back at my old place (finally got everything out from my ex's over the holiday week). I have taken ALL of your comments in stride and tried to incorporate them -- namely, simplify!

Tomorrow night I'm having a BIG party (50-plus people), but they will be staggered throughout the evening...and possibly staggering their way home. OK, here's what I am serving, without further adieu:

DRINKS Fish House Punch (a lethal combo of rum, cognac and peach brandy) Pink champagne Coronas with Lime Assorted lime and lemon seltzers, plus my home-made root beer

PASSED APPETIZERS Smoked salmon-caviar pizzettes Hot relish dumplings Miniature pastrami belly sliders; real mustard Shrimp-scallop-chive dumplings Tomato-mozzarella 'popsicles'

STATIONARY APPETIZERS Whipped feta dip Avocado-eel rolls, wasabi, ginger, low-sodium soy Carrot jicama slaw Hot honey ham biscuits Traditional Garden salad, choice of house-made dressings (ranch, honey mustard or spicy Russian)

ENTREES Coq Au Vin Butternut Squash Lasagna Whitefish Pate

DESSERT Nooo clue!! This is what I always save for last/freak out about. Ideas??? Thinking something CLEAN AND SIMPLE, like a fruit tart of some kind, or several sorbets, but do not have time to make from scratch. :(

by GGreply 612/30/2012

If the Galloping Gourmet were ever funny or cute, that time has loooooooooooong passed.

Please go away, troll. Like Umpy, you weren't willing to recognize you've long worn out your welcome.

by GGreply 112/30/2012

Ugh.

by GGreply 212/30/2012

Your formatting screams "copied and pasted from somewhere else", OP. Please fuck off and die.

by GGreply 312/30/2012

I love the GG. May I come to your party?

by GGreply 412/30/2012

Staggered arrivals? With entrees?

EDPT

Elaborate dinner party troll

by GGreply 512/30/2012

(I's a bit hard to figure out what is what, but here's an attempt!)

DRINKS:

Fish House Punch (a lethal combo of rum, cognac and peach brandy)

Pink champagne

Coronas with Lime Assorted lime and lemon seltzers

Home-made root beer

PASSED APPETIZERS:

Smoked salmon-caviar pizzettes

Hot relish dumplings

Miniature pastrami belly sliders

Mustard Shrimp-scallop-chive dumplings

Tomato-mozzarella 'popsicles'

STATIONARY APPETIZERS:

Whipped feta dip

Avocado-eel rolls

wasabi

ginger

Soy Carrot jicama slaw

Hot honey ham biscuits

Garden salad

House-made dressings (ranch, honey mustard or spicy Russian)

ENTREES

Coq Au Vin

Butternut Squash

Lasagna

Whitefish Pate

DESSERT:

Nooo clue!!

by GGreply 612/30/2012
Need more help? Click Here.