Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Helpful tips you have used that are actually helpful

1) This Christmas I was asked to bring a side dish at the last minute. I'm no cook, and a friend suggested I use a few bags of Trader Joe's frozen mashed potatoes and throw in a couple fresh potatoes, butter and half and half. They were surprisingly delicious.

2) Three or four cheap aspirin mixed with water to form a paste makes a great facial mask or exfoliant. You can also mix the aspirin with plain Greek yogurt or honey.

by Anonymousreply 15301/06/2013

Egg white beaten with a bit of water makes a good facial mask as well, or for anywhere else you might be acne prone.

by Anonymousreply 112/30/2012

Now, if you want to tidy up in a hurry, think of your living room as a big clock. Start at midnight, and then go around the room working clockwise toward the kitchen. You'll be done in two shakes of a lamb's tail.

by Anonymousreply 212/30/2012

Ripen pears and avocados in a paper bag.

Dry out wet shoes by filling them with crumpled up newspaper.

Lube your hand before fisting someone.

by Anonymousreply 312/30/2012

Fuck you [R3] never again!

by Anonymousreply 412/30/2012

Set timer on microwave for 15 mins. Run around and clean / tidy as much as you can in that time. This really works.

by Anonymousreply 512/30/2012

R3's lover, R4 apparently got fisted with a ripe avocado

by Anonymousreply 612/30/2012

OP are the fresh potatoes boiled? Mashed?

by Anonymousreply 712/30/2012

Oh crap! You mean I was supposed to wash, cut, or clean the potatoes before putting them in? My friend should have mentioned that!

by Anonymousreply 812/30/2012

I made this up one night while emptying the dishwasher...

If your utensil drawer only has a few dividers, store the salad forks and the regular forks in the same compartment, but with the handles pointing opposite ways. Same with regular spoons and teaspoons.

They stack neatly and you always grab the size you want.

by Anonymousreply 912/30/2012

R7, boiled. I just used 2 medium sized potatoes and boiled them as the TJ potatoes were on the other burner. Then I added the fresh boiled potatoes to the TJ's, and mixed in a stick of butter and some half and half with a motorized hand mixer. Really fluffy and flavorful.

Today I made some for myself with just the frozen Trader Joes potatoes I had left over, and they were still pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 1012/30/2012

Wipe front to back.

by Anonymousreply 1112/30/2012

R8 is not me, OP. R10 is.

by Anonymousreply 1212/30/2012

If you use bar soap, slap the old soap sliver onto the new bar once you've used it once or twice. The old bar will melt into the new bar. No waste.

If you garden or putter around in the yard, put a bar of soap into one leg of a pair of old panty hose. Cut the leg off at the thigh. Tie it to the yard spigot with enough clearance so it's not touching the ground. You'll always have soap handy to wash your hands outside.

by Anonymousreply 1312/30/2012

[quote]If you use bar soap, slap the old soap sliver onto the new bar once you've used it once or twice. The old bar will melt into the new bar. No waste.

Genius.

by Anonymousreply 1512/30/2012

If you hate it when your plastic storage containers become stained red after storing things like tomato sauces in them, try this: spray the container (and the inside of the lid) with non-stick cooking spray before adding the food contents to them. Works like a charm!

by Anonymousreply 1612/30/2012

A small bowl of white vinegar will absorb unpleasant odors in a room.

by Anonymousreply 1712/30/2012

Adding vinegar to your cloth on a rag will absorb unpleasant odors.

by Anonymousreply 1812/30/2012

I fear Cheryl might need something stronger than vinegar.

by Anonymousreply 1912/30/2012

The melding bars of soap together works better if you scratch grooves into the sides that will touch.

by Anonymousreply 2012/30/2012

If you have steel or glass cookware that's become cruddy with baked on or burnt on crud, you can clean it with oven cleaner. Spray the crudded piece with oven cleaner and let it sit overnight. Wash it off the next day. Do not try this with aluminum goods.

by Anonymousreply 2112/30/2012

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2212/30/2012

You people are insane! Buy new shit!

by Anonymousreply 2312/30/2012

What else can I do with the little piece of old soap?

by Anonymousreply 2412/30/2012

[quote]What else can I do with the little piece of old soap?

Write things on the mirror.

by Anonymousreply 2512/30/2012

My dog eats the little slivers of soap.

And then throws up bubbles all over the place for 2 hours.

by Anonymousreply 2612/30/2012

If your garbage disposal isn't working (and you can hear it is humming, before the repair guy gets there.....you can turn the disposal with a broom handle. Then hit the switch and it turns on.

by Anonymousreply 2712/30/2012

I once had a dear friend who didn't know what to do with pieces of old soap, and then she died.

by Anonymousreply 2812/30/2012

I think I was related to her R28

For tidying up the kitchen after a big "do" first Throw Away, then Put Away, finally Clean Away.

by Anonymousreply 2912/30/2012

Raw honey makes a really good salve and can treat lots of skin conditions. It's really good for seb derm especially.

by Anonymousreply 3012/30/2012

[quote] A small bowl of white vinegar will absorb unpleasant odors in a room.

No it doesn't. It just makes the room smell like vinegar and the unpleasant odor.

by Anonymousreply 3112/30/2012

If the toity is backing up and pushing the paper down slow.... 1 to 2 cups of dishwashing soap down the toity.. sucks it right up.

by Anonymousreply 3212/30/2012

R32

I was just going to post the exact same thing. Had a weird situation where a bar of soap flew into the toilet and it was just flushed. After that, the toilet wouldn't flush properly and no amount of plunging was helping.

Read online about some dish detergent in the toilet and like magic, no problems.

by Anonymousreply 3312/30/2012

R27, there's a reset button on the bottom of most garbage disposals

by Anonymousreply 3412/31/2012

r34, thanks... ok, after you have tried the button (like I did) and until the repair guy shows up, then try what I said.

by Anonymousreply 3512/31/2012

hahaha r33, how did that soap "fly" into the toilet..

It just sounds like a good story, fess up.

by Anonymousreply 3612/31/2012

r30, thanks.

In the past 2 years I have developed a severe itching at my elbow area (more on top then in the crack). Horrible, quite deep under the skin. usually I ice it. Will try honey. It usually occurs when allergens are high in my area.

Much appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 3712/31/2012

If you are going to the trouble of cooking and mashing the extra potatoes with butter, how is that such a big time saver?

by Anonymousreply 3812/31/2012

thanks R9

by Anonymousreply 3912/31/2012

The cure for hiccups is to hold one's breath and sip a glass of water through a paper towel.

Trust.

by Anonymousreply 4012/31/2012

R36

Ha, it actually did. It was sitting on the sink, on top of a towel, which I grabbed to throw into the laundry, and it flew into the toilet. I was going to pull it out after I threw everything into the washing machine, but forgot about it and flushed it.

by Anonymousreply 4112/31/2012

Vinegar: If you leave your wet laundry in the washer a bit too long and it gets that disgusting wet, mildewy smell, run the rinse cycle again and use a quarter cup or so of white vinegar. The odor will rinse out and your clothes will not smell like vinegar either.

Salt: good for a mild facial scrub. Also good to pour on a wine stain on carpet. Salt absorbs the liquid. Then, blot w/ a dry towel.

Baking soda: a small amount made into a paste w/ water gets rid of the gummy residue from price tags, cleans your sink well, cleans your fingernails white and is a last ditch toothpaste.

Packing tape: a strip pressed over and ripped back is good for peeling off/destroying labels you don't want others to see: price tags, prescription bottle labels you're tossing out, your name and address on a box.

What are we here -- Heloise?

by Anonymousreply 4212/31/2012

For purring cesspools add a packet of yeast to the toilet closest to the connecting pipe. Works like Riddex but cost efficient. Once a month.

by Anonymousreply 4312/31/2012

mint leaves inserted into my anus for one hour makes it tight and pucker

by Anonymousreply 4412/31/2012

With all of this vinegar, isn't everything going to start smelling like a douchebag?

by Anonymousreply 4512/31/2012

They already do R48, they already do.

by Anonymousreply 4612/31/2012

I'm not quite sure what purring cesspools are, but I hope there's a cure.

by Anonymousreply 4712/31/2012

vinegar on a cotton ball for hemhorroids works FAST. keep the cotton ball against the roid overnight.

Non stick coating is not good to consume in any amount, so I use old school pots and pans. Add 1/2 tsp of baking soda in water, and heat up the pot/pan on low for 5 minutes to unstick a caked on mess rather than scrubbing with hot water. It works.

Baking soda is a superior skin exfoliant as it does not melt like salt or sugar and the grain is like Dr. Brandt's $70 microdermabrasian cream -- but you must reacidify the skin after rinsing. Use AC vinegar or citrus juice.

Walnut oil tastes better than olive, and is great for dipping. Sort of tastes like truffle oil but way cheaper.

Skip acid peels for the skin - they are aging long term. Stick to manual exfoliants or get a good diamond tipped microdermabrasian machine.

Learn the basics of color theory for your wardrobe and home decor, walls etc. It will lift your mood and make you look better.

by Anonymousreply 4812/31/2012

I only know the obvious ones like use hydrogen peroxide to get blood out of carpets.

Make a paste of baking soda and water (add vinegar if you feel like it) to clean stove tops

roll clothing items instead of folding to make room in suitcases. Do this only on things less likely to wrinkle like cottons, shorts, t shirts, pajamas etc.

Put a slice of bread on top of brown sugar and seal it to soften it.

One I haven't tried yet but I might since I've had some issues with bugs getting in open flour and sugar is to place a bay leaf in those bags.

by Anonymousreply 4912/31/2012

wild honey (the kind that that crystallizes and that you must scoop) dabbed on a skin cyst or ingrown hair speeds healing because it is antibiotic. Don't just dab it on once, keep the affected area clean and moistened with honey until it is healed.

put wild honey in your tea when you start to feel sick.

Use a neti pot or meat baster filled with warm salt water to irrigate your sinuses when you begin to feel a cold coming on. It totally works like magic most of the time.

When you begin to feel sick with a cold or flu or even food poisoning etc., moisten a washcolth or hand towel in AC vinegar or citrus juice (no sugar added, best if fresh squeezed). Place it against the skin and leave it this way for hours / sleep with it against skin overnight. If you're like me, you will wake up amazed at how much better you feel.

When you go hiking / out into nature, take iodine or other antiseptic wash AND a potato - a little cut or scrape can turn into blood poisoning quickly. A raw potato slice taped or held against the skin proximal to an injury can thwart blood poisoning. I can vouch for this working.

Learn to recognize blood poisoning symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 5012/31/2012

If you swallow a small fish bone and it gets stuck in your throat or behind your tonsil, eat some chunks of bread.

by Anonymousreply 5112/31/2012

This thread smells like fat people with double chins.

by Anonymousreply 5212/31/2012

It didn't before you got here, R52.

by Anonymousreply 5312/31/2012

For double chins: facial exercises for the platysma muscle totally work.

by Anonymousreply 5412/31/2012

If you are referring to me R52, I'm 5'9" and weigh 165. I ate anchovies a couple weeks ago and a tiny bone got lodged and it hurt and my eyes were running. My friend told me the bread trick.

by Anonymousreply 5512/31/2012

Thinning hair isn't always hormonal or age related - fungus can be a culprit (especially if you live or vacation in a humid place).

Make a habit of spritzing clean dry scalp with a dilution of distilled water an several drops of lavendar or tea tree oil. You can also add a couple of drops of colorless iodine to the spray bottle. You should notice your hair growing in thicker and darker, with less fallout or flakes.

by Anonymousreply 5612/31/2012

Baking soda is not a "last ditch" tooth powder, it is the best thing possible to clean your teeth. Adding a little salt if you have stains will make it even more effective. Follow with weak hydrogen peroxide as a mouth rinse. The dental hygenist never finds any buildup on my teeth.

by Anonymousreply 5712/31/2012

Crico ain't just for frying.

You ever get a sticky something stuck in your hair,like gum? That's right, Crisco. Spread it on a baby's bottom, you won't even know what diaper rash is. Shoot, I seen ladies rub it under they eyes and on they husband's scaly feet.

Clean the goo from a price tag, take the squeak out a door hinge. Lights get cut off, stick a wick in it and burn it like a candle. And after all that, it'll still fry your chicken.

by Anonymousreply 5812/31/2012

[quote] Make a habit of spritzing clean dry scalp with a dilution of distilled water an several drops of lavendar or tea tree oil.

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 5912/31/2012

For plumper, younger looking skin and more lubricated joints, pop cheap pill form hyaluronic acid caplets (not the expensive gel stuff).

by Anonymousreply 6012/31/2012

A cesspool has not been legal in many years. The poster must mean septic tank. Their tip about using yeast instead of RidX is not right. RidX is bacteria, not yeast. Yeast kills bacteria and vice versa, so flushing live yeast would probably harm rather than help. Eating lots of yogurt with live culture would probably help the septic system, and if you have any yogurt too old to eat, flush it rather than toss in the trash. Avoid putting chlorine bleach or anything known to kill bacteria in the drains or toilet if you have a septic tank.

by Anonymousreply 6112/31/2012

To improve your partner's looks to the point where you agree to feast on his hole, smoke a big fat joint until the munchies set in.

by Anonymousreply 6212/31/2012

IDK r57, I tried the swishing with hydrogen perodixe once and even though I have thick enamel, it really felt like I damaged it from HP exposure.

by Anonymousreply 6312/31/2012

Well have a nice howdy-do with your festering cystic ingrowns and wiglet, r59.

by Anonymousreply 6412/31/2012

R63, Mix peroxide 1/2 & 1/2 with water to use as a mouth rinse. It's too strong right out of the bottle.

by Anonymousreply 6512/31/2012

R65 is a mouth breather with horrible breath.

by Anonymousreply 6612/31/2012

[quote] The cure for hiccups is to hold one's breath and sip a glass of water through a paper towel.

Yes, a friend told me about that one when I was a kid, and it does seem to work. My theory is that your body expects the water to come out of the glass faster, but the paper towel blocks it so the timing is off, and that somehow disrupts the hiccups.

by Anonymousreply 6712/31/2012

R37 the Honey has to be applied for hours and over a number of days. Raw/unpasteurized honey is the best to use.

I use honey for my mild seb derm on my scalp and it works just as well as my expensive prescription but it's a natural and relatively inexpensive.

by Anonymousreply 6812/31/2012

Oh give people credit - I did dilute the HP quite a bit.

I found that for gentle teeth whitening, use a gel and blue LED light combo (they are sold in kits for like $25) works just as good as the dental whitening technology. It's the same stuff even.

by Anonymousreply 6912/31/2012

LOL R53 and R64

by Anonymousreply 7012/31/2012

homemade Vitamin C serum is one of the best topicals you can treat your skin with - and the homemade variety is really cheap and is typically better than store bought because new batches can be made all the time (Vit C is unstable).

buy Vit C crystals and make a 10-20% solution with distilled water and apply to the face every 1 to 3 days. Vit C is a potent anti-oxidant and promotes collagen growth (at the proper % and PH level) among other benefits.

by Anonymousreply 7112/31/2012

More, please!!!

by Anonymousreply 7212/31/2012

That facial exercise device commercial that people make fun of? The facial flex works, and there are some Japanese dental devices that also work to increase facial symmetry and tone, and it tightens up the jaw and jowls. Really increases facial handsomeness. No joke.

I used to do facial resistance exercises (still do on the foreheard and eye area), until I realized that a tool would work for the mouth area and accomplish many of the exercises at once. I read the reviews on Amazon and got acouple of facial resistance thingies, so glad I did. Thirty reps a day / every other day in the shower.

by Anonymousreply 7312/31/2012

[quote] I realized that a tool would work for the mouth area

Well...

by Anonymousreply 7412/31/2012

[quote}One I haven't tried yet but I might since I've had some issues with bugs getting in open flour and sugar is to place a bay leaf in those bags.

Dear God, get some sealed Tupperware, would ya? Who leaves flour and sugar in "bags."

by Anonymousreply 7512/31/2012

I'm not the poster who was concerned about weevils in his flour, but he's on the right track, R75. Flour is often infested before it is brought home.

When I buy flour, I put some bay leaves in it and then I store it in the freezer in a glass container with a screw-on lid. If you don't have enough freezer space to store flour, skip that step but be sure to use bay leaves and a container with a screw-on lid. Very few plastic containers, including Tupperware, have lids that fit well enough to keep out weevils. It helps if you can freeze the flour even for a day or so to kill the weevils.

Make sure you put bay leaves in all dried pantry items that might attract weevils and store them in airtight containers. I have small mesh bags in which I put bay leaves and I keep a couple of them on every shelf of my pantry.

by Anonymousreply 7612/31/2012

Before deciding to refinish a piece of furniture, clean it with a magic eraser. A good rubdown with Briwax or Renaissance wax afterwards may save you twelve hours of stripping/refinishing.

If your seat cushions are dying, a layer of latex foam followed by a layer of linen will plump them back up before you recover them. A latex mattress pad is much cheaper than anything provided by that cunt at Joanne's.

Keep a nylon scrub pad in your shower stall/bath tub. Do a soft-shoe while you bathe to keep the floor clean. Corners, Ladies, don't forget the corners; it's a push/twist move.

When wiping down ceilings, that t-shirt on a broom head trick works, but you should rearrange the t-shirt to make sure you're wiping with a clean portion each sweep. Inside out counts as clean.

If you have left-over paint, place a plastic grocery bag on the surface before closing the can; it keeps air away from the paint.

1/4 strength Tide liquid works much better than shampoo in rug shampooers.

WD-40 is perfect for cleaning stainless steel surfaces, but not recommended for your sink if you clean food or dishes. Use a plastic tub inside the sink.

You can stop buying paper towels if you adopt linen napkins. You use them as napkins, then as washcloths to wipe down counters before laundering them.

by Anonymousreply 7712/31/2012

To clean garbage disposal, freeze vinegar in ice cube tray. The vinegar gets into creaves and the ice keeps the blades sharp.

by Anonymousreply 7912/31/2012

R77, I have some painted (white) furniture that needs to be repainted. Are you saying that magic eraser can take the place of sanding entirely? That would be GREAT. Is the waxing done before the new coat of paint, or after?

by Anonymousreply 8012/31/2012

[quote]If you have left-over paint, place a plastic grocery bag on the surface before closing the can; it keeps air away from the paint.

What if you live in one of the many "enlightened" places that have banned plastic bags?

by Anonymousreply 8112/31/2012

Instead of spending money on a Neti Pot use a small plastic water bottle with pull-up spout.

by Anonymousreply 8212/31/2012

No, R80, you'll need medium and then fine grade sand paper, plus a filler for any deep grooves.

On painted furniture, you match up the type of paint (latex or oil), lightly paint three flat coats - with a fine sanding between coats. Then finish up with three coats of varathane in your preferred finish (satin or gloss) with light sanding between coats. There's about a day's drying between each coat. You can use a brush for detail work, but a foam pad is best for large surfaces. The sanding evens out each coat and gets rid of any drips. You do wipe down with cheesecloth every time you sand.

The magic eraser trick works on furniture that has built up dirt and wax. Many times a piece looks like it requires refinishing when it actually just needs a good cleaning.

by Anonymousreply 8312/31/2012

God I love you bitches.

by Anonymousreply 8412/31/2012

Thanks, R83. Sounds like I have a lot of work ahead of me.

by Anonymousreply 8512/31/2012

An ounce of ketchup in your lady ham can be of service at the strangest hour.

by Anonymousreply 8612/31/2012

When packing, place your shoes soles up to prevent soiling of dainty delicates. Remember, "soles" to Heaven". Glory!

Also, place slacks under the mattress so as we sleep, we also press our pants!

by Anonymousreply 8712/31/2012

Word r81

by Anonymousreply 8812/31/2012

Wow, i forget how crazy many of the people are on Datalounge until I read the threads about psych meds, supernatural nonsense, and this thread.

by Anonymousreply 8912/31/2012

[quote] If you are going to the trouble of cooking and mashing the extra potatoes with butter, how is that such a big time saver?

That was my thought. Just make the fucking mashed potatoes or buy Bob Evans.

by Anonymousreply 9012/31/2012

[quote]Vinegar: If you leave your wet laundry in the washer a bit too long and it gets that disgusting wet, mildewy smell, run the rinse cycle again and use a quarter cup or so of white vinegar. The odor will rinse out and your clothes will not smell like vinegar either.

I find that borax works better. 1 cup of vinegar in the rinse still leaves a vinegar odor.

If you have smelly towels, wash them with borax and minimal soap.

by Anonymousreply 9112/31/2012

Yeah, I've rediscovered Borax. I have a kid who sweats a lot in summer, but doesn't want his clothes washed in hot water. So I add Borax along with Tide and it kills the germs/funky smell.

by Anonymousreply 9212/31/2012

Drain deodorizer/cleaner:

Put 1 cup of baking soda in a drain that smells or runs slow. Pour 1 cup of white vinegar in the drain and let it do its work for a minute. Run hot water for 30 to 45 seconds afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 9312/31/2012

I left my oven mitt on one of the burners of my stove and now there are bits of it that are stuck to the burner and I can't get off. Any tips as to how I can get my burner back to normal and free of the bits of oven mitt stuck to it?

by Anonymousreply 9412/31/2012

When packing, don't fold each item separately. Lay your shirts all on top of each other flat, then fold and pack them as one bundle. They'll wrinkle less, and you'll get much more into your bag.

You can get any fresh stain out of your clothes if you spot treat it with water and paper towels immediately. Immediately! Run to the kitchen, get a wet paper towel, and dab. Red wine, whatever. Just do it. This works with spills on carpets too, club soda and salt be damned.

by Anonymousreply 9512/31/2012

[quote]If you are going to the trouble of cooking and mashing the extra potatoes with butter, how is that such a big time saver?

I was wondering about that myself. It is just too exhausting to cook/mash more than 2-3 potatoes?

by Anonymousreply 9612/31/2012

It might not be a big time saver, but mixing fresh potatoes with mix results in the best mashed potatoes. Much better than all-fresh.

by Anonymousreply 9712/31/2012

I've have done that with stews that I buy at nice delis, then mix with a few of my own potoatoes to make it a little bigger

by Anonymousreply 9812/31/2012

Put a specially painted rock under your bed for a restful night's sleep.

A bit of Chanel No.5 behind the ears works as a love potion.

by Anonymousreply 9912/31/2012

To cure warts:

You go all by yourself, to the middle of the woods, where you know there's a spunk-water stump, and just as it's midnight you back up against the stump and jam your hand in and say:

'Barley-corn, barley-corn, injun-meal shorts,

Spunk-water, spunk-water, swaller these warts,'

and then walk away quick, eleven steps, with your eyes shut, and then turn around three times and walk home without speaking to anybody.

Because if you speak the charm's busted.

by Anonymousreply 10012/31/2012

Use those shower caps they have in the bathrooms of hotels to put around your shoes in your suitcase.

You can also buy a big package of them really cheap at the discount places.

by Anonymousreply 10112/31/2012

[quote] When you go hiking / out into nature, take iodine or other antiseptic wash AND a potato - a little cut or scrape can turn into blood poisoning quickly. A raw potato slice taped or held against the skin proximal to an injury can thwart blood poisoning. I can vouch for this working.

Or you could just take an antiseptic squirt pen and a little tube of triple antibiotic cream.

by Anonymousreply 10212/31/2012

[quote]When packing, don't fold each item separately. Lay your shirts all on top of each other flat. you'll get much more into your bag.

I call bullshit. Tried that. Not true.

by Anonymousreply 10312/31/2012

[quote] raw potato slice taped or held against the skin proximal to an injury can thwart blood poisoning

But you have to do it the right way.

You take and split the potato and cut the bruise so as to get some blood, and then you put the blood on one piece of the potato and take and dig a hole and bury it 'bout midnight at the crossroads in the dark of the moon, and then you burn up the rest of the potato. You see that piece that's got the blood on it will keep drawing and drawing, trying to fetch the other piece to it, and so that helps the blood to draw the poison, and pretty soon out the poison come. .

by Anonymousreply 10412/31/2012

If you put the lime in the coconut and drink them both up then you'll feel better.

by Anonymousreply 10512/31/2012

[quote]When packing, don't fold each item separately. Lay your shirts all on top of each other flat. you'll get much more into your bag

Seems to me this would be practical only on trips where you intend to unpack everything at once in one place. Otherwise, you'll be stuck unfolding and refolding a hell of a lot when on tour.

Plus, what r103 said

by Anonymousreply 10612/31/2012

R44 Does that leave your hole minty fresh-tasting, too?

by Anonymousreply 10712/31/2012

Stab a few babies, and drain all the blood into several bottles of Ozarka. The drinks make excellent birthday gifts to neighborhood Republicans!

by Anonymousreply 10812/31/2012

Use a Magic Eraser on everything. The those things will clean anything. If you're particular about your sneakers staying white, use a Magic Eraser on them and they'll look as good as they did when you first bought them.

by Anonymousreply 10901/01/2013

I had to laugh at R104.

by Anonymousreply 11001/01/2013

Save the plastic from your dry cleaning and hang your clothes in it when you travel and they won't wrinkle.

Sew buttons back with dental floss. Easy to thread through a needle and very strong.

Don't bother to travel with shaving cream. The samples of conditioners in the hotel bathrooms works just as well for a close shave.

by Anonymousreply 11101/01/2013

Hydrogen peroxide is DANGEROUS to use and it should never be diluted 50/50. It can be used occasionally at a very low concentration -- but knowing what that is is the thing. HP can be fatal, damage teeth or cause skin injuries. The American Dental Association does NOT approve mouthwashes made with HP. Yes, they are sold over the counter, so WTF?

by Anonymousreply 11201/01/2013

OP can I use baby aspirin for the facial or does it have to be regular aspirin?

Also Those who have used Facial Flex - did any of you get weird lines by your upper lips after regular use??

by Anonymousreply 11301/01/2013

R78, or they could stop having sex with men. Odor problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 11401/01/2013

To attract men, put something behind your ears. Start with perfume. If that doesn't work, try your legs.

by Anonymousreply 11501/01/2013

Another cure for hiccups is a spoonful of canned pineapple juice. Can be either "juice" juice or from the juice from a can of prepared pineapple. Works instantly.

by Anonymousreply 11601/01/2013

r113, best way to use facialflex is to purse out your lips as if kissing (this will be hard to do, but make sure the lip muscle sphincter -feels- like it is puckering outward as with a kiss). Don't curl the lips in and down to hold on to the devise.

There is an exercise for upper lip wrinkles, but I don't have them and I've been using FF for a while. It's easy to overdo FF, I say don't use it for more than 2 minutes every day.

Then just get a veriety pack of rubber bands and use those, don't bother with hunting down the flimsy ones on offer. You can change the resistance to your liking that way, too.

by Anonymousreply 11701/01/2013

I agree with r112. I diluted HP once for a mouth rince (the bottles say that you can do this), but within seconds it did feel like my enamel was affected.

by Anonymousreply 11801/01/2013

A few squirts of Dawn dishwashing liquid, a 15 minute run, and then squat. Your boy-pussy will be fresh and fuckable with little effort!

by Anonymousreply 11901/01/2013

Build a fire and then say the Charm of Making. Soon you'll be a crazy old loon with a tin hat! Anál nathrach, orth’ bháis’s bethad, do chél dénmha

by Anonymousreply 12001/01/2013

The Conjurer Troll (R100 & R104) is my new favorite on DL.

I'm looking forward to advice on burying a frizzly chicken foot tied with an enemy's hair under a porch.

by Anonymousreply 12101/01/2013

Before a night on the town, turn down your bed and lay out your PJs. Put two Aspirin and a glass of water at your bedside. You'll be grateful for the forethought.

by Anonymousreply 12201/01/2013

LOVE R100 and R104 ...Granny Clampett's Home Healin' remedies!

Laughed out loud

by Anonymousreply 12301/01/2013

R111 finds Luke Russert attractive!

by Anonymousreply 12401/01/2013

I must agree R121 ...the Conjurer Troll/ Granny Clampbett needs his/her/its own thread ....solving the world's miseries one chicken foot at a time!

by Anonymousreply 12501/01/2013

[quote]Before a night on the town, turn down your bed and lay out your PJs. Put two Aspirin and a glass of water at your bedside. You'll be grateful for the forethought.

BWAHAHAHA! Fast forward to the next day, and there you are, face down on top of folded jammies, with your clothes and shoes on (pool of vomit optional) next to an untouched glass of water with a floating bug in it, and one aspirin. The other one you chewed, thinking it was a) a mint b) chewing gum c) ecstasy.

by Anonymousreply 12601/02/2013

"BWAHAHAHA!" = retard

by Anonymousreply 12701/02/2013

Hilarious thread - with more drop-ins from smartasses, it could become another DL classic!

by Anonymousreply 12801/02/2013

Any good natural tips for undereye moisturizers?

by Anonymousreply 12901/02/2013

[quote]Mix peroxide 1/2 & 1/2 with water to use as a mouth rinse. It's too strong right out of the bottle.

Peroxide and Half 'n Half as a mouth rinse? Ew!

by Anonymousreply 13001/02/2013

When someone sticks his dick through a gloryhole, sniff it first (a little wave action with your hand is helpful). If it's nasty, don't put it in your mouth!

by Anonymousreply 13101/02/2013

[quote]To clean garbage disposal, freeze vinegar in ice cube tray. The vinegar gets into creaves and the ice keeps the blades sharp.

I tried this but the vinegar ice cubes are still just sitting in the freezer and the disposal is the same as ever. How long does it take to work?

by Anonymousreply 13201/05/2013

Lighter fluid is better that "Goo Gone" at removing adhesive glue left from price tags, etc. and doesn't have that horrible petroleum smell.

It can be used on all sorts of surfaces, including leather to remove adhesives (might want to use a bit of leather cleaner afterwards, though to protect the leather). Lighter fluid is also cheaper, at about $1.50 a bottle. AND you can fill your lighter with it.

by Anonymousreply 13301/05/2013

I need more helpful hints!!!

by Anonymousreply 13401/05/2013

If you have a pan with a lot of baked on crud, fill it with hot water and a cap full of fabric softener. Something in the product loosens the crud and helps it wash off easier. I've even used half of a fabric softener dryer sheet and it works just as well.

Speaking of... I read somewhere that the fabric softener sheets are good for cleaning glass shower doors. Dampen and wipe/rub. Haven't tried it though.

by Anonymousreply 13501/05/2013

WD 40 is a great sticker remover as well. By the way, why do stores like Home Goods insist on putting price stickers on the front of pictures instead of the back?

by Anonymousreply 13601/05/2013

Rub two jars of gingko salve on your unwanted breasts, place the offensive breasts directly in freezing weather (15 minutes), and then slam them both with hammers. Your breasts will shatter off, and you can begin your new life as a male.

If you would like the breasts to return (or if you would like to develop them for the first time), kiss a snake on the lips, kill it, and eat it with eggplants. You will have buds the next morning! You will have to take estrogen to develop the rest of the tissue, though.

by Anonymousreply 13701/05/2013

Country Music and a NRA membership sticker keeps away the homosexuals.

by Anonymousreply 13801/05/2013

R137's post cracked me up.

by Anonymousreply 13901/05/2013

[R126] LOL!

To remove paint from tile (ceramic, saltillo), boil equal parts water and white vinegar. Soak the tile with the mixture using a rag. It should lift off. For large or completely painted tiles, use a coin to lift the paint and then just peel.

by Anonymousreply 14001/05/2013

To remove paint from your hands, boil equal parts water and white vinegar. Bring the water to a rolling boil and soak your hands. The paint-covered skin should lift right off. Use a coin to purchase skin grafts.

by Anonymousreply 14101/05/2013

To remove acrylic - acrylic latex paint from clothes or other surfaces (wood floors, carpets, whatever), apply a little rubbing alcohol and let it sit for 30 seconds. It will disintegrate the paint without damaging the surface (except plastics)

by Anonymousreply 14201/05/2013

Give R141 his own show on HGTV!

by Anonymousreply 14301/05/2013

Lol, r141!

by Anonymousreply 14401/05/2013

For safe and effective anal bleaching, center a traffic cone over a puddle of turpentine, then mount the cone rectally and sit there as long as it takes to smoke two Kools.

by Anonymousreply 14501/05/2013

Even oil-based paint can be removed by rubbing with oil and salt.

by Anonymousreply 14601/06/2013

A little bit of Witch Hazel rubbed on the back of the neck eliminates ring around the collar on your man's dress shirts.

by Anonymousreply 14701/06/2013

Tired of those nasty yellowish underarm stains on your man's undershirts that are caused by his manly anti perspirant? A little dab of baby shampoo on each stain, wash as usual, and presto! His undershirts are all clean!

by Anonymousreply 14801/06/2013

R148 is correct but the stains mean you need to change deodorants. It's a negative chemical reaction.

by Anonymousreply 14901/06/2013

[quote]To clean garbage disposal, freeze vinegar in ice cube tray. The vinegar gets into creaves and the ice keeps the blades sharp.

[quote]I tried this but the vinegar ice cubes are still just sitting in the freezer and the disposal is the same as ever. How long does it take to work?

Maybe the vinegar is stuck in the creaves.

by Anonymousreply 15001/06/2013

Plain salad oil (like canola) removes adhesive residue just as well as lighter fluid, WD40, & Goo Gone. It's cheaper than any of those, odorless, & always on hand.

by Anonymousreply 15101/06/2013

"Plain salad oil (is) always on hand."

In whose kitchen?

by Anonymousreply 15201/06/2013

I keep mine in the garage, R152, where I store pantry items that aren't needed daily. It can be heated to a higher temperature than olive oil & works better for frying chicken & fish, which my dad enjoys sometimes (he's over 90 & going strong, so I don't preach to him about his diet).

by Anonymousreply 15301/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.