Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Vanity vs Apollonia

Which Prince Princess was your favorite?

by Anonymousreply 3612/30/2012

This should have been a poll.

by Anonymousreply 112/30/2012

I love Apollonia, so much so, that it was my name for 7th grade confirmation.

by Anonymousreply 212/30/2012

Apples had the big tits. Vanity had the curvy figure and great ass. Prince saw Vanity as the female version of himself.

by Anonymousreply 312/30/2012

Sheila E.

She could actually play a musical instrument.

by Anonymousreply 412/30/2012

Sheila was bad, but she wasn't as sexy as V&A.

by Anonymousreply 512/30/2012

R4, Now, it's getting serious! Sheila is perfect!

by Anonymousreply 612/30/2012

I'd be the meat in that lady ham sandwich!

by Anonymousreply 712/30/2012

Sheila E, and Wendy and Lisa, were NEVER Prince's proteges. They all were fierce bitches on their own and musicians in their own right.

The contribution that Wendy and Lisa, in particular, made to the sound of The Revolution is vastly undervalued (and often attributed in error to Prince).

Not to be confused with Vanity, Apollonia, Carmen Electra, or any other number of mumbling tartlets that Prince tried to make famous.

by Anonymousreply 812/30/2012

Vanity turned it out whenever she performed on various TV shows. She had stage presence to burn.

by Anonymousreply 912/30/2012

Apollonia doing "Sex Shooter" solo on FANTASTICO

by Anonymousreply 1012/30/2012

Real Prince fans know how important Wendy and Lisa was to The Revolution. I still remember when the were featured with Prince on the Rolling Stone cover. Those bitches are bass ass and then some.

Sheila is one of the best drummer's on the planet. My fav drum solo is in the Sign O' the Times movie...just brilliant!

by Anonymousreply 1112/30/2012

by Anonymousreply 1212/30/2012

The good old days...I remember this cover so well.

by Anonymousreply 1312/30/2012

Wendy and Lisa really are underrated talents. Their songs "Waterfalls", "Honeymoon Express" and "Strung Out On Love" are genius. And Sheila E. really is a kickass drummer. One of the best in the world.

Alas, this is a Vanity vs Apollonia thread. Now which was your fave?

by Anonymousreply 1412/30/2012

R3, are you saying that Prince had a curvy figure and great ass?

by Anonymousreply 1512/30/2012

Well, R15, he did have a nice ass, but that's not what I meant. Prince saw Vanity as the female version of himself--a mirror image, if you will. It wasn't her figure, just the entire persona.

by Anonymousreply 1612/30/2012

Prince had a great ass.

by Anonymousreply 1712/30/2012

It's hard to choose, Appy had that hot Latino thang going on and Vanity had that German/Black thing going on. Both of them were hot as heck. Lisa Lo Cicero from GH reminds me of Appy quite a bit...

Wendy and Lisa were not hot at all BUT they were talented though. The Carmens, Diamond and Pearls and all of the other ethnically ambiguous Prince girls might have been front and center but W & L were the heart of Prince's music. Then again Prince has done albums where he played all the instruments all by himself!

by Anonymousreply 1812/30/2012

Wendy and Lisa were very underrated. Did you notice when Wendy and Lisa parted with Prince the quality of his music declined? The LoveSexy album was the beginning of his decline.

by Anonymousreply 1912/30/2012

I love LoveSexy!! I even saw that tour in '88 in NYC.

Rain is wet, sugar is sweet. Clap your hands, stomp your feet. Everybody knows, when love calls, you gotta go!

by Anonymousreply 2012/30/2012

That was Ingrid Chavez delivering that great line on the LOVESEXY album, R20.

As for V&A, Vanity was all set to star in Purple Rain, but she abruptly left the Prince camp and headed for a lucrative album/film deal with Motown. They did a quick search and found Apollonia in LA, and the rest is history.

by Anonymousreply 2112/30/2012

Prince did The Black album before Lovesexy and one could tell the quality was going down from that legendary (then at the time unreleased) album.Prince queens overrate Black Album when in fact Lovesexy was a better album.

by Anonymousreply 2212/30/2012

Black Album has his best song, "Bob George."

by Anonymousreply 2312/30/2012

Are you people forgetting his best album Sign O' The TImes? Wendy and Lisa was well gone when the album was released. Prince has so much material that is incomprehensible. So much that we haven't heard and will never be released. I spent most of my teens and 20's collecting his unreleased songs, b-sides, surprise concerts, etc.

by Anonymousreply 2412/30/2012

And which one of them is the hardcore Born Again now who completely disowns her former career?

by Anonymousreply 2512/30/2012

Found it.. Vanity is the Born Again.

by Anonymousreply 2612/30/2012

Vanity. She was also asked out by the infamous Mark Fuhrman of the OJ Trial. She refused because she had a boyfriend!

by Anonymousreply 2712/30/2012

[quote]Are you people forgetting his best album Sign O' The TImes? Wendy and Lisa was well gone when the album was released.

Actually, Wendy and Lisa played on that album, as did the rest of the Revolution, but when the movie was made and by the time Prince toured with it, he'd axed them all and replaced them with Sheila E., Mico Weaver, Cat, etc.

by Anonymousreply 2812/30/2012

The music of Prince needs it's on thread. Loved his "Dirty Mind" album. "When You Were Mine" and "Uptown" are my all time favorite Prince songs. Why do we have over a 100 threads on the overrated Madonna and hardly no Prince threads? The man was a genuis and ahead of his time.

by Anonymousreply 2912/30/2012

I agree, R29. It's too bad he forbids his music to be on Youtube, because he is a genius. Many of his unreleased tracks are as genius as the stuff that's seen the light of day.

by Anonymousreply 3012/30/2012

I love Ani Difranco's cover of When You Were Mine.

Thanks for reminding me of it.

by Anonymousreply 3112/30/2012

Vanity and Apollonia both did pre-Prince soft core flicks. Vanity's was the Canadian beastiality-filled B-flick "Tanya's Island"...

by Anonymousreply 3212/30/2012

...and Apollonia's was the all-in-Spanish "Amor Ciego", about a beautiful young woman whose luggage is stolen, prompting her to stay with a hunky, hairy blind stranger...

by Anonymousreply 3312/30/2012

I would still love to hear "Roadhouse Garden" which was an album that was Prince and Wendy & Lisa, but which was shelved long ago.

It's supposed to be amazing. I hope they eventually release it.

by Anonymousreply 3412/30/2012

Babylonia had her moments, most of them substandard.

by Anonymousreply 3512/30/2012

Apollonia was in the wonderfully cheesey late '80s flick "Black Magic Woman" with Mark Hamill

by Anonymousreply 3612/30/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!