Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I'm glad the holidays are over. Is that weird?

I am left ten pounds heavier, with a credit card balance, wine bloat, fatigue from socializing, and a cold from my sister's kids. Call me a scrooge, but I'm excited for a hermetic January. You?

by Anonymousreply 3001/03/2013

I don't really celebrate the holidays but am always glad when they pass. I don't like the short days of early winter and now the days will be getting longer.

by Anonymousreply 112/30/2012

Tell me more about your wine bloat please.

by Anonymousreply 212/30/2012

They aren't over, and I hate them with a passion! The morning of Jan 2nd will be glorious indeed.

by Anonymousreply 312/30/2012

Am always glad when they are over.

by Anonymousreply 412/30/2012

I'm glad they're over, too. SO glad!

by Anonymousreply 512/30/2012

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo glaaaaaaaad!

by Anonymousreply 612/30/2012

NOT WEIRD AT ALL.

by Anonymousreply 712/30/2012

It's a relief, for sure... from all the stress, scheduled activities, and obligation.

by Anonymousreply 812/30/2012

paid time off = happy

by Anonymousreply 912/30/2012

Still got New Year's.

by Anonymousreply 1012/30/2012

The whole time I'm putting up decorations, I'm thinking about how happy I'll be when I get to take them down. I love the restoration of normalcy.

by Anonymousreply 1112/30/2012

Exactly r10. Wo says they`re over

by Anonymousreply 1212/30/2012

R11, I'm the opposite. I love decorating, but while I'm doing it I'm absolutely dreading the chore of having to take all that shit down and put it away.

by Anonymousreply 1312/30/2012

No sane person enjoys the holidays unless they are rich, have children, or ARE children.

by Anonymousreply 1412/30/2012

When you're not on the same calendar with the Walmart hoards, you can enjoy a wonderful Christmas season that begins on the night of December 24th.

Happy sixth day of Christmas!

by Anonymousreply 1512/30/2012

Almost all my friends and family are now dead. Hardly any gifts to buy at all. And I must say that's one advantage to old age. Gift buying obligations and visiting-for-the-holiday obligations destroy the joy of the holidays.

by Anonymousreply 1612/30/2012

I definitely feel relief at being done with seeing relatives I'm not crazy about, except for a funeral I have this week. Old people love to croak around Christmas.

We celebrate a Catholic Christmas minus going to church and financially supporting those evil old queens. With this year's gospel sequence the season officially lasts until January 14. We leave our tree up until the end of January, so I get to enjoy my favorite thing about Christmas with no pesky relatives about.

by Anonymousreply 1712/30/2012

Happy eighth day of Christmas. Are you planning a brunch for the milkmaids?

by Anonymousreply 1801/01/2013

I love the holidays. Two weeks off work, full pay.

I'd like another month or two of Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 1901/01/2013

[quote] Old people love to croak around Christmas.

I fucking hate that. My aunt died, my FIL had surgery and now has a serious infection, my mother is being dragged to see him and she is elderly and doesn't want to go, but she feels obliged because it is my MIL's birthday. All of this started a week before Christmas. So I have a funeral, a stressful hospital visit, an elderly birthday, a possible death and then I'll have to watch my mother for signs of C diff.

by Anonymousreply 2001/01/2013

I never buy music unless someone gives meecitunes cards. This holiday season I am shocked to see Apple charging $1.30 for one song. Fuck you, Apple. I'm going to regift iTunes cards and make sure everyone knows next year to get me amazon gift cards.

by Anonymousreply 2101/01/2013

I never listen to music. I read a lot of books though.

by Anonymousreply 2201/01/2013

I am VERY glad things will be going back to normal. I don't like the holidays.

by Anonymousreply 2301/01/2013

I enjoyed the holidays this year because I didn't travel. I will see my family in the spring when traveling is easier and less expensive.

I also worked which was heaven because most people were gone. I came and went as I pleased. Didn't do hardly anything. It was the most relaxing week.

Plus I liked Xmas and New Year's on a Tuesday. Most everyone took Monday off. The office was so peaceful, and I barely worked. Left early so it was sort of like having off myself.

by Anonymousreply 2401/01/2013

Nine women are dancing all over my front lawn while sixteen women are milking a herd of cows. I just chased 21 swans out of the swimming pool and am stepping in goose eggs all around the lanai. What's that all about?

by Anonymousreply 2501/02/2013

Very depressing.

by Anonymousreply 2601/02/2013

Ten lords a-leaping through the house.

by Anonymousreply 2701/03/2013

I hardly decorated at all this year, just wasn't in the mood, so I am so relieved I have nothing to clean up and put away. I cut way back on gift giving, and now just exchange gifts with my parents, bf and his mom. This year I ordered everything online and had it giftwrapped so didn't have to deal with shopping and wrapping either. I think for me simplicity is the best way to enjoy the holidays.

I enjoyed my time off from work (was off Dec 14 - Jan 1) and am re-energized and excited about my job again.

However, my clothes all seem to have shrunk, so I need to eat very light for the next few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 2801/03/2013

We had a low key Christmas and New Years. Today I am simmering a big pot of split pea with ham soup, and another pot of butter beans. When hubby gets home, I'll make hush puppy corn bread in my spider pan.

And before you snark me, neither of us are gassy.

by Anonymousreply 2901/03/2013

I agree with R19. I wish I could figure out a way to make this permanent. With pay, of course.

by Anonymousreply 3001/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.