Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The whispering campaign that is the end Anderson Cooper's high-profile career

Zucker, CNN insiders and the media are all relishing the slow-motion car wreck that is Anderson Cooper's career.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 10703/14/2013

Chris Cuomo is way hawter than AC.

And I think AC's daytime talk show helped destroy his credibility.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 112/30/2012

Yeah, the daytime show was an odd move for someone who wants to be known as a serious journalist. Although Ed Murrow did 'Person to Person' back in the day...

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 312/30/2012

I think so too, R1. I just hope it doesn't play out that his coming out had anything to do with it. It probably doesn't. But we don't need another high profile person losing their job so quickly after coming out. It might be push some people back in the closet when what we need so much right now is more visibility in public figures.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 412/30/2012

I told you guys from day one, that Zucker would start poaching major talent from the other networks.

And that he will in all likelihood ask AC to take a pay cut from is 7 million dollar salary, so he could lure top talent.

But you Andersonfraus wouldn't listen. Insisting that AC is worth every penny of his 7 million dollars.

Zucker will probably give AC an ultimatum. Take a pay cut or leave. And AC will probably go.

At 7 million dollars, AC is not delivering the numbers. That is the bottom line.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 512/30/2012

Anderson Cooper will announce his departure from CNN in January so that he can focus on his daytime show. Oh wait....that was cancelled too.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 612/30/2012

Dont let the door hit ya AC! Boop!

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 712/30/2012

CNN can lure people like Jake Tapper and Chris Cuomo away from ABC, but it won't work. CNN is the network you go to if you want to ruin your career. Remember when CNN lured rising star Campbell Brown away from NBC? Didn't work out so well for Campbell, did it? Or how about when CNN lured Connie Chung away from ABC? Or when CNN lured Paula Zahn away from Fox? CNN is the place where anchors go to die.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 812/30/2012

Being third (after O'Reilly on Fox and The Ed Show on MSNBC) and dangerously close to slipping to fourth (after Nancy Grace), that is not worth $7 million dollars a year,

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 912/30/2012

[quote] Or how about when CNN lured Connie Chung away from ABC

She pulled in 1 million viewers a night, double what AC pulls in now. But CNN was unsatisfied with the quality of the show.

[quote] CNN lured Paula Zahn away from Fox

She was hired to launch CNN Morning, but was then pressed into taking over from Chung at 8PM. She did well in the AM, but not so well at 8PM.

Campbell Brown was a mistake all around.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 1112/30/2012

[R10] Instead tune in to the always gracious Carson Daley

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 1212/30/2012

Oh fuck, that spambot I see on Gawker all the time has invaded us here at R13.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 1412/30/2012

Cooper Anderson is inoffensive, like Lysol.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 1512/30/2012

Anderson should have tried to jump into Regis' chair when he had a chance.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 1612/30/2012

AC just isn't relatable enough to be a successful talk show personality and as others pointed out it undermined his credibility as a serious journalist. He's always done his best work out in the field so that's what he should stick with.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 1712/30/2012

r17 is right. AC is best out in field. He's a second rate anchor. The giggling and drunken chortling were cute, naughty entertainment, but they're not anchor material. Plus the novelty of his being gay wore off a long time ago. Finally, his looks are fading. Stick a fork and all that.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 1812/30/2012

Thank goodness they're hiring a Democrat for a change. It will be interesting, though, if Andrew Cuomo runs for president. I wonder how CNN would handle that?

They should move AC to the morning show. He and Erin Burnett would make a formidable team. I could see them beating the increasingly tired Morning Joe in the ratings.

Is John King out now that Jake Tapper is in?

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 1912/30/2012

Well, at least he'll have more time to spend with Gio Benitez.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 2012/30/2012

[quote]They should move AC to the morning show. He and Erin Burnett would make a formidable team

No. Isnt it apparent through ratings that we are tired of having Erin Burnett foisted upon us? And besides Soledad Obrien is doing a great job in the mornings.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 2112/30/2012

R17: Anderson can't travel anymore, at least never again to places like the Middle East, Egypt, anti-gay places, because according to one of his reasons for not coming out before (maybe it was a reason Kathy Griffin gave as well) is he couldn't talk about his sexuality because he traveled to dangerous places.

He can't travel anymore.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 2212/30/2012

I'm not a fan of AC on his evening show, but I think he would be great on a more casual morning show. It would be a combination of his serious evening show and his more playful daytime talk show. The best of both worlds for him.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 2312/30/2012

Until the talk show, I had no idea how extremely weird he is and it was a major turn off from wanting to hear hard news from him. Him being friends with Andy Cohen also killed the last vestige of respect I had for him. He needs his own reality show now where everyone can follow his strangeness and continue to give him work.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 2412/30/2012

[quote] And besides Soledad Obrien is doing a great job in the mornings.

I like her well enough but are her ratings good?

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 2512/30/2012

[quote] Anderson can't travel anymore, at least never again to places like the Middle East, Egypt, anti-gay places, because according to one of his reasons for not coming out before

Other openly gay journalists like Jeffrey Kofman of ABC News have gone to those places.

AC would be good anchoring The Today Show. That would be a good fit for him.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 2612/30/2012

R24: what is really the turnoff is that he is friends with Kathy Griffin, and actually ENJOYS doing NYE with her.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 2712/30/2012

I concur, R24. His talk show is soooo patronizing to his target demo. Every topic he covered was how hard it is to be a working mom.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 2812/30/2012

R26: I know other open gays go there, but that reason seemed to be one of Anderson's reason's for "secrecy". Which is bullshit.

Mark my words, the guy will never travel there again. The last time he was over there was when he was pussy-whipped in Egypt and he hid out in a hotel room.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 2912/30/2012

[quote] he was pussy-whipped in Egypt and he hid out in a hotel room.

That was when he said 'I'm scared'

Yet Christiane Amanpour and Katie Couric waded into the crowds in Egypt unafraid.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 3012/30/2012

Maybe he can do a show with a big gay panel!

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 3112/30/2012

My muscles crushed John King, and they will crush that wimp Cuomo.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 3212/30/2012

[quote] It's like you're personally invested in seeing him fail, why is that?

More likely he's personally invested in drawing you out for another entertaining meltdown.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 3412/30/2012

The "meltdown" is more likely to happen to r5:R9/r11/r26/r30 next time she's due for her routine psychiatric evaluation than for anything she might be trying to get out of me, r34. But thank you for playing.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 3512/30/2012

I have to say, there's nothing in this link that says Cooper is going down. It's possible, of course. People come and go. I doubt that would be the end of his career. He's generally well liked.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 3612/30/2012

Any talk of NBC replacing Lauer with Cooper? Makes sense to me.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 3712/30/2012

R33 R34 has it right.

Thanks for playing R33

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 3812/30/2012

"But thank you for playing"

I don't like this puerile attempt at internet snark.

Stop using it so you can maintain at least some dignity.

Find another idiom to mock your opponent.

I have spoken.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 3912/30/2012

Elizabeth Vargas is at the root of it.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 4012/30/2012

[quote]Anderson can't travel anymore, at least never again to places like the Middle East, Egypt, anti-gay places, because according to one of his reasons for not coming out before (maybe it was a reason Kathy Griffin gave as well) is he couldn't talk about his sexuality because he traveled to dangerous places.

That's so true. And we must not forget that Saint Anderson remained a virgin up until sodomy laws were stricken from the books in the United State.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 4112/30/2012

Why would his show get cancelled? He didn't lose any of his audience after the election, unlike Hannity, who lost half of his idiot fundy cult zombies.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 4212/30/2012

Chris Cuomo does not have star quality. Making him the star of the network would be a bad idea.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 4312/30/2012

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 4412/30/2012

Those Wanna-Chew-Em Nips and bangin' bod have star quality.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 4512/30/2012

"Little" Gloria's fading faster than her jeans and he'll get a nice nest egg.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 4612/30/2012

Chris Cuomo is awful to watch, CNN aka Zucker is crazy to think he could replace Anderson.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 4712/30/2012

[quote]CNN aka Zucker is crazy to think he could replace Anderson.

No doubt you predicted that Dubya would never get a second term in the White House.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 4801/01/2013

After tonight's awful performance, I'm certain that Zucker has already called up CNN HR to begin termination proceedings.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 4901/01/2013

R40 aka R48, once again you are predictable and boring.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 5201/01/2013

Countdown to R53 getting chewed out by that fat AC fangurl

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 5401/01/2013

I know, I saw it R55. Please tell me it's not real

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 5601/01/2013

the scary thing is R56 , it is real! That is how obsessed his fans are. Any criticize and they blow a casket!

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 5801/01/2013

She has made her appearance R54 @ R57

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 5901/01/2013

R55 which thread?

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 6001/01/2013

Nothing and nobody can save CNN. Zucker can try to poach all the big-name journalists he wants, but none of it will make a difference. TV viewers want news with a point of view and attitude. Fox has a lock on conservative viewers, and MSNBC has a lock on liberal viewers. There simply is no prime-time TV audience for "let's present both sides" journalism anymore. CNN does well only when there is big, breaking news.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 6101/01/2013

This one R55

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 6201/01/2013

Right back at you R63

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 6401/01/2013

Nah, I can never be as clever as you R65

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 6601/01/2013

I'm so confused with all the anti-AC and pro-AC banter. I can't keep track of who's who. Why does AC elicit such strong emotions here? Maybe that would be a good thread topic.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 6701/01/2013

I think I'm in love with Ben. except he doesn't have any money.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 6801/01/2013

His New Year's program was terrible. It may have been wise to prevent Griffin from throwing money into the crowd, but literally covering her mouth when she was began needling Christian Mingle was ridiculous. As irritating as Kathy can be he did little more than stand beside her and look uncomfortable.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 7001/01/2013

The crazy benderfrau must be back from x-mas vacation.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 7101/01/2013

The crazy anti-AC troll(R71) has been up since the wee hours posting on threads and masturbating furiously at the thought of AC's perceived demise.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 7201/01/2013

Actually, R72, there's one crazy Anderfrau, and it's you.

The reality is that he's a Repuke, clearly. I'm not supporting a Republican commentator just because he's gay and slightly attractive. I'd rather have a Democrat like Cuomo on the show. Cooper can go back to rolling around in his money with his paid-for stud muffin.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 7301/01/2013

[quote]TV viewers want news with a point of view and attitude.

No, I don't believe this. Local news still gets higher ratings than the cable news networks. (So does NPR, if I'm not mistaken.)

I for one would be happy to watch a straight-forward newscast that does a round-up of the day's stories without any punditry, analysis, political drama, etc., and I know I'm not alone.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 7401/01/2013

Anderson undermined his own credibility, both with the talk show and also with "keeping them honest" as a tagline when he refused to be honest himself.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 7501/01/2013

Exactly, r75. His ridiculous coyness was a huge turnoff to a lot of people.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 7601/01/2013

No, actually the crazy anti-AC troll is the person who CREATES all of these anti-AC threads AND the one who digs them up on a daily basis solely to trash Anderson and that's the OP/R66 and in all likelihood R73.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 7701/01/2013

One's political leanings shouldn't have anything to do with their job. When there were stories about Repugs threatening to fire Dems, everyone was upset.

I personally think both of you are nuts. The anti and the pro.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 7801/01/2013

You really are the in-house ACfrau, r77. You haunt every thread you deem to be anti-AC. Honestly, who cares? Why do you feel the need to defend his honor at every turn? Are you related to him? There are people I like who are constantly verbally assaulted on DL but I don't spend my time trying to "defend" the person in every thread. It's a waste of time.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 7901/01/2013

R78...bullshit. It ABSOUTELY has something to do with their position if it affects their perspective and is enacted through their choice of questions, and how they subjectively position the issue. Cooper cannot hide his conservative leanings. He is not impartial. Partly because he is not smart enough to balance out his opinion in a way that doesn't favor his own perspective.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 8001/01/2013

The same thing can be said about the person who feels it's necessary to post threads about AC's "demise" and his "whore" of a bf? Why should SHE be concerned about that? Why does she try to make Anderson and his bf out to be these awful people that they clearly are not. Why don't you ask yourself that R79? There are people I don't like on DL, but I also don't CREATE THREADS about them in order to bring the entire site down on them so I can get my jollies about it. That's the anti-AC troll and probably R79 too.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 8101/01/2013

Any of you catch AC with Kathy Griffin last night on CNN's New Year's show? (I only watched to catch a glimpse of Sushi in Key West: fabulous lime-green gown.) But the main show was a disaster. Griffin wouldn't shut up, and at one point feigned having oral sex with AC. It was embarrassing and vile.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 8301/01/2013

And YOU can go fuck yourself R82.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 8401/01/2013

Barbra Streisand cleverly got Piers Morgan to admit that he supported Mitt Romney.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 8501/01/2013

r81 you seem off-balance. It's my first post in this thread @79. I'm not really interested in AC but I don't hate the guy. I like media news/gossip so I click on these threads. When there is an AC thread, there's always you posting rabidly. It's insane. You're also in the Ann Curry thread doing the same thing. Click on your post and these threads light up like Rudolph's nose.

I assure you whether or not someone posts a AC hate thread would not affect his downward spiral career at CNN. It's about ratings and AC is not bringing in the same kind of rating he did 5 years ago.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 8601/01/2013

[quote]Griffin wouldn't shut up, and at one point feigned having oral sex with AC. It was embarrassing and vile.

And Cooper [italic]loved[/italic] it.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 8701/01/2013

Kathy called out Anderson last night for having too many Republican guests on his show.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 8801/01/2013

I'm not off balanced and what you're saying about me applies to someone else, since you're not interested in AC, you don't know the history of the person who STARTS these anti-AC threads, it's NOT me, it's ONE person who has an agenda AGAINST Anderson. The reason I go to those threads is to point out what exactly is happening and why she does it. It's one thing to dislike someone like AC, most normal people will say that and let it go, but that person has to start NUMEROUS threads on DL, start vile rumors about him and his bf and then try to turn things around to make the people who actually admire and respect him look like THEY are crazy, that's her trick and you have fallen for it R86. I am a fan of Anderson Cooper, I don't think he deserves the kind of trashing that the troll brings here, but if you want to agree with her, that's your deal.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 8901/01/2013

r88 It's not just AC's show though. Pretty much all of CNN. Every time I channel flip to CNN, there's a GOP pundit/talking head. You can have a panel of ALL GOP, but if there's even 1 Dem/liberal, s/he must be "balanced" with 3 GOP on the same panel.

I don't watch CNN. It has lost its way. They bring on guests they know will say something inflammatory and then that's the ratings grabber when the comments go viral. They bring on polemic guest just for the soundbites.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 9001/01/2013

[quote]Chris Cuomo is way hawter than AC.

But anti-gay.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 9101/01/2013

I'm no fan of Cooper's either. He's not a very good reporter, not a good reporter at all. That said, he did a fine job on the ABC early morning show that he hosted many years ago now. I have no interest in seeing his career come to an end. The bitterness expressed on DL is over the top, but so is everything here. Unfortunately, it's what we do.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 9201/01/2013

[quote]Chris Cuomo is way hawter than AC.

No.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 9301/01/2013

Chris Cuomo, the brother of Andrew, son of Mario?

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 9401/01/2013

Very few people are neutral these days. Even old hands like Bob Schieffer show who they are (Much to my disappointment. I used to like him more.) You take it with a grain of salt and move on. I'm sure you're fine with someone who shows Dem leanings.

Anyway, you accuse the Anderfan of being unbalanced, but your weird bitterness makes you just as bad. Anderson hides who he is. Even now that he's out, he hides who he is. WHO DOESN'T KNOW THIS? So does almost everyone in TV and movies. It does seem like Anderson is trying to be more honest about who he is but perhaps that's just another front of his.

Anyway, I hope Anderson comes out of this well because I like him. He was good to New Orleans and is still good to us. And he'll always have a place in my heart for that.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 9501/01/2013

Now that Anderson is officially, the fact that Kathy Griffin still tries to come on to him and says on live TV on NYE that she wants to fuck him (ok, she used other terms, but she wants to fuck him) it is a little old and not funny anymore.

In the past, I suppose people would watch wondering if she would out him. that is a non-issue now. it's boring.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 9601/01/2013

Yall some hating ass bitches!

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 9701/01/2013

R89 unless you're his mother, you have no reason to so passionately "defend" Cooper and your tirades are even more tiresome than his worst critics. Just let it go; no one cares.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 9801/01/2013

Yet you cared enough to respond R98. What's tiresome is the person who starts these threads in order to start all of the trouble. If anyone needs to "let it go" it's them.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 9901/01/2013

It was funny when Kathy said that she wanted Sanjay Gupta to give her a pap smear.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 10001/01/2013

The split screen was too hard to watch do I just switched to ABC.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 10101/01/2013

Sad to say when Anderson "came out" cnn was probably already plotting to bring in a "straight" alpha male to take the reigns like Chris Cuomo. Not everybody out there is comfortable with a flaming gay man who flaunts his sexuality to be the "posterboy" for a major news network. This IS how America thinks folks.

If anybody's to blame for AC's demise it will be cnn for buckling to consumer request and not supporting him when he really needed it (along with Anderson putting his other endeavors ahead of his cnn gig). Anderson has made a lot of money off of cnn. He will be good.

That Cuomo guy is to die for!

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 10203/12/2013

[quote]a flaming gay man who flaunts his sexuality

You're talking about Anderson Cooper?

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 10303/12/2013

They should put him on the Today Show. They don't have anyone there and he seems to like a mix of news and light stuff.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 10403/12/2013

He probably could do well with a Today type morning show format.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 10503/13/2013

Straight people love him. Even if he was fired by CNN, he would be snapped up by another network instantly.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 10603/13/2013

He can't just choose any type of fluff. He also shouldn't allow people in his ear that tell him he would be good at this or that. He needs to find his niche and know in his heart what he's good at.

People tend to respond to his stories that lend a voice to people who don't have a voice ie Hurricane Katrina, Haiti earthquake, The Sissy Boy project. He does well with those types. I can see him working for a station (even cnn) where he travels all over the world and shares stories of the impoverished. Shedding a light on big corporations taking advantage of the little people.

Kind of like the documenteries on the now defunct Current tv.

by They build you up, and tear you down...reply 10703/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.