Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anybody else sick as a dog?

I'm ready to fling myself off a cliff. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 5410/20/2014

Norovirus, Gojira!

by Anonymousreply 112/30/2012

I must have gotten it from you OP. I have a fever of 102. My throat is so swollen that I can't speak and it hurts to swallow. My head feels like it's about to explode. I'm living off cough drops, throat spray, ibuprofen, and water. I'm not hungry. I've gotten chills, and now I'm either too hot, or too cold. I'm constantly changing my clothes. I was actually seating in a small area of my neck. My limbs hurt in weird areas. It's godawful. I'm in bed. I've been sick since Wednesday. People around me were sick Christmas Eve. I want to kill them. Anyway, I'm somewhat watching reruns of Married with Children on DVD. I'm using my iPhone.

by Anonymousreply 212/30/2012

This seems to be a really bad flu season, which was predicted after a mild one last year. This flu seems to linger for weeks after. I was sick before Thanksgiving and only around Xmas felt normal.

by Anonymousreply 312/30/2012

I was, but I'm better now. Hang in there, OP.

by Anonymousreply 412/30/2012

My right nostril is stuffed and I have a sore throat. I pray I don't get worse.

by Anonymousreply 512/30/2012

Do it, OP. No one will miss you.

by Anonymousreply 612/30/2012

I hate to say I told you so, but you should have gotten your flu shot, dear.

by Anonymousreply 712/30/2012

Got one of the nastiest colds of my life the Friday before Christmas...I've been treating it with OTC decongestants, expectorants, and megadosing VItamin C (also having some local honey in all my tea). I'm definitely better, but still coughing a lot.

by Anonymousreply 812/30/2012

I got a flu shot a couple a weeks before Xmas

I got it on Sunday, by Tuesday I was sick as dog. Fever, sore, the whole works.

I'm still not over it 100%

by Anonymousreply 912/30/2012

Have any of hou been able to pinpoint wherwe you picked it up? I always marvel at people who seem able to do this

by Anonymousreply 1012/30/2012

[quote]I was actually seating in a small area of my neck.

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 1112/30/2012

What about dehydration......having a horrible time with that.

by Anonymousreply 1212/30/2012

I have a really bad cold, cough, and achy and sweaty, yet my boyfriend still had to fuck me this morning. He pouted until I said yes. He said his cum has curative properties. The douche even made me swallow his load. Now I'm in bed feeling like crap and he's off to the bar watching football with his buddies.

by Anonymousreply 1312/30/2012

It took me about 10 days to get over it. Apparently, very contagious. I caught it from my best fried.

by Anonymousreply 1401/01/2013

I could punch you in the mouth, "Mother" at R7.

I got that fucking flu mist shit up my nose and was horrifically sick for a about a week.

Fever, chills, aches, coughing, even fucking diarrhea.

by Anonymousreply 1501/01/2013

Not flu, but I've had a horrible virus since Sunday. Don't know whether to stand up or sit down in the bathroom - vomiting and diarrhea.

by Anonymousreply 1601/02/2013

Something worked its way through the office I work in. 15 people and almost everybody had it. I thought I escaped it and on Sunday night my stomach started feeling weird and I called in sick Monday. Was off yesterday. Spent the past few days on the couch watching TV and not eating much. Ate dinner tonight and now I feel like it's about to work it's way through my digestive system.

by Anonymousreply 1701/02/2013

Have been sick as DOG! Finally just got thru calling my doc and seeing he will call me in Tamiflu. I went and stocked up on cold supplies today.....didn't think I was even going to make it.....thought I would pass out in Krogers. Yeah, dehydration is a big deal....I havent been able to drink Coke....I can handle water a little bit better, but I have to sip on it. My lips are so dry. I didn't eat for 4 days.

Today, at least I have finally felt like I need to take charge.

But, it's my fault for not taking the vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 1801/09/2013

Healthy as a horse and livin it up!

by Anonymousreply 1901/09/2013

Don't sleep in the subway darling!

by Anonymousreply 2001/09/2013

Yes, my nephew was snotting on all the xmas presents. I washed my hands a million times for all the good it did. Started sneezing on the 26th and by Friday I had a 102 temp. I was really bummed because we had a surprise retirement party for my dad that weekend and after 9 month of planning I left after an hour and had to cancel NYE plans as well.

Finishing up my augmentin on Friday and hope to be feeling better by the weekend. My partner already told his folks we're planning to do like all the celebs and go to the Caribbean next year.

by Anonymousreply 2101/09/2013

My bf just texted that he went home sick. Fever, chills, aches, sore throat, the whole thing. He was supposed to go the movies with a friend tonight while my FB came over. For all you pearl clutchers, we have an arrangement, so put down the smelling salts, dears. Anyhoo, I can't go to my FB's place because HIS bf is there and they DON'T have an arrangement.

I have a super-hungry hole that was looking forward to getting it fed tonight. Maybe I'll just stop by the gym and see what I can scrounge up in the sauna before I head home to El Sicko. That always works in a pinch, I guess.

Ugh, the best laid plans. If only he'd gotten his flu shot like I did. I hate to be a little told ya so, but I did warn him to get it, but he just kept putting it off. He never listens to any of my demands and warnings, so why should this be any different, right? Ugh, I can't...I just can't.

by Anonymousreply 2201/09/2013

Scolding me as you glanced back and forth at cue cards seemed to be the cure.

by Anonymousreply 2401/09/2013

Seems like everyone has some kind of cold or flu now. Half my office has it. Almost all my clients. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 2501/09/2013

On Sunday morning I felt fine. By Sunday afternoon I practically couldn't get off the toilet and it's only winding down now, Wednesday. Chills, feeling too warm at times. I don't think it was the flu though. I had a flu shot a few weeks ago and this isn't what I remember from the flu a couple of years ago. It seems more like a bad stomach virus.

by Anonymousreply 2601/09/2013

I've had to lift my caftan so many times today to run to the loo.....

by Anonymousreply 2701/09/2013

[quote] For all you pearl clutchers, we have an arrangement, so put down the smelling salts, dears.

I don't think it's the pearls YOU'LL be clutching.

You're terrible, Muriel! ; - )

by Anonymousreply 2801/09/2013

I hate discussin the "D"...I was on the potty and started throwing up......couldn't stop, so I had to just throw up on the bathroom, on the floor. I called my doc today, to see if he can call me something in. I don't think I have the strength to get cleaned up (I know) Havent even been able to brush my teeth, cuz I was afraid it would make me throw. It's funny, the female that I got my "best" with in high school.....she come down with it as the same time.....28 Days.

by Anonymousreply 2901/09/2013

Man up, Pussies.

by Anonymousreply 3001/09/2013

r29, are you posting from some sort of mental health facility?

by Anonymousreply 3101/09/2013

So sorry about your hungry hole, R22.

by Anonymousreply 3201/09/2013

Die, bitches, die!

End the viral spread and decrease the surplus population!

by Anonymousreply 3301/09/2013

I haven't had a cold since I quit smoking 12 years ago. I sneeze a few times a day and wake up with a stuffed nose every day, though. I need a new Nasonex prescription. (Not as good as Rhinocort, but my insurance won't cover Rhinocort). I haven't had the flu since the 1980s when I started getting free vaccines through my job.

My parents had dogs and they were never sick. They both died after strokes. So I don't know if I've ever been "sick as a dog." If I have a stroke, I guess I'll know.

by Anonymousreply 3401/09/2013

I get sick around this time every year. Not the flu just a bad cold and chest congestion. I figured out I must be getting it from my nephews when I visit with them at Christmas. Little kids are like walking petri dishes of germs.

by Anonymousreply 3501/09/2013

[quote] By Sunday afternoon I practically couldn't get off the toilet and it's only winding down now, Wednesday. Chills, feeling too warm at times. I don't think it was the flu though. I had a flu shot a few weeks ago

Influenza isn't a diarrhea disease. Some people call a gastrointestinal infection a "stomach flu" but they really oughtn't do that. Flu is short for influenza and influenza is a respiratory tract illness. It's better to say "stomach bug" or "stomach virus." And, of course, there's always "the shits," "the trots," "the runs," "the squirts." All are acceptable nicknames for a gastrointestinal infection causing diarrhea.

Just pray you don't have C Diff.

by Anonymousreply 3601/09/2013

I have not had a fever since 1984. I have beaten Jerry Seinfeld's "no vomit" record.

I even had a protozoan disease similar to malaria that is characterized by recurring fever, but I never had a fever.

I wonder if a fever will mean death to me?

If I get West Nile virus and get a fever, it will be Death From the Nile for me.

by Anonymousreply 3701/09/2013

Cry me a fucking river.

by Anonymousreply 3801/09/2013

Sinus infection here. Not the flu. Still, it's amazing to me how these things flare up together.

Do these various infections gather mass as they travel, like a hurricane?

by Anonymousreply 3901/10/2013

Gah, I thought I was getting better and today I'm back to burning eyes, chills, body aches, etc. Of course my doctor closes at noon on Friday. I am so ticked off!

by Anonymousreply 4001/11/2013

I have a sinus infection that I can't seem to shake. I'm pretty sure I caught on a flight. There's no sinus pressure, thankfully, just gallons of yellowish snot every time I blow my nose.

by Anonymousreply 4101/11/2013

I'm getting better from a bout with Norovirus. It ain't pretty. It's the first time since I was two that I thought I might need to wear a diaper.

by Anonymousreply 4301/15/2013

It's all in your head.

by Anonymousreply 4401/15/2013

I'm bumping an old thread to bitch about a nasty cold that I caught from one of the idiots at work. The idiots I work with ALWAYS come into work when they're sick, hacking and sneezing all day, and it pisses me off because they do nothing but get everyone else sick. What really makes me mad is that I don't get sick days since I'm part time, but they do get sick days and don't use them! Therefore when I get sick, I have to take off work and don't get paid for those day.

Ugh! Anyone else sick and want to bitch with me?

by Anonymousreply 4510/19/2014

a-HA! Ebola's been here all along!

by Anonymousreply 4610/19/2014

I was sick 2 weeks ago. I had a cold, nothing too serious but it lasted longer than the ones I'm used to. Getting older sucks.

Get well soon R45. You will be well in no time. Hang in there!

by Anonymousreply 4710/19/2014

I've never had a dog get as sick as I've been at times with flu or bronchitis, that sort of thing. It makes more sense to say "sick as a human."

by Anonymousreply 4810/19/2014

R47 Wow, someone on DL was actually nice! Thanks for the kind words!

by Anonymousreply 4910/19/2014

I had the flu on Friday. I found out my father also had it that day and my mother got it the next.

by Anonymousreply 5010/20/2014

Do dogs get colds or flus?

by Anonymousreply 5110/20/2014

Dogs can get colds. My basset had one a few years ago and it's actually a really serious thing. Most dogs won't eat what they can't smell.

by Anonymousreply 5210/20/2014

I wonder how many of us didn't notice the date and thought wow, the Ebola sure is going after the gays.

by Anonymousreply 5310/20/2014

Ebola-Aids?

by Anonymousreply 5410/20/2014
Need more help? Click Here.