Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

GaGa Tour Tanks; Venues Look Like War Zone. (Examiner.com 12/25/2012)

Lady Gaga Tacoma Washington tour opening has thousands of tickets unsold Lady Gaga December 25, 2012 By: Jemuel DaSilva Subscribe

Lady Gaga ticket availability for opening Unites States show

Related topics •Lady Gaga

This morning, the Ticketmaster website began selling Lady Gaga tickets again for the United States opening of the "Born This Way Ball" tour. Tickets were briefly unavailable for the past couple of days. However, this morning's chart, which shows ticket availability, reveals that there are many sections that have an unusually high amount of tickets available.

As you can see from the chart on the top of the page, dark blue represents high availability. The darker the blue, the more seats that are available. Perhaps this is the reason why several Tacoma radio stations have been giving away a lot of tickets this week.

Lady Gaga's "Born This Way Ball" tour has been having a lot of troubles lately. In South America, Lady Gaga's tour was the butt of jokes in the press, with some saying her show in Peru (which sold only 17,000 seats after ticket giveaways, buy-one-get-one-free deals, and reduced prices) was so empty it looked like there was a nuclear war. In Brazil, Lady Gaga allegedly went into poor areas to do "charity" work, but unleashed thousands of tickets.

Moving onto Russia, there were pictures taken during the show of Lady Gaga playing to hundreds of empty seats. However, some reports said that the empty seats were the result of many people leaving the show early. Billboard reported that Lady Gaga played 69 out of 69 sold out shows this year. However, the poorly sold Mexican and South American shows were mysteriously not reported to Billboard this year.

Despite the poor ticket sales, Mother Monster has been receiving great reviews for her performances. The good news is that fans can still buy tickets as Ticketmaster is showing many tickets left for just about every single date.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 7602/13/2013

14 minutes and counting.....

Seriously, her new cd that is coming out in Spring 2013 needs to be a hit. Taylor Swift has taken notes from her in shrewdness and media savvy, white Rihanna, Katy Perry, Adele and even Carly Rae Jepsen have stolen her thunder.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 112/30/2012

"you're one of us"

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 212/30/2012

she's not selling out because she hasn't stopped touring for two years!!! She needs to go away already

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 312/30/2012

Sucks to be her.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 412/30/2012

ALTERNATE TOUR NAME CONTEST! (winner gets 2,500 free GaGa tour tickets)

1. Born This Way Tour Aborted.

2. Born This Way Tour Stillborn.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 512/30/2012

She's already made hundreds of millions, in just a few years. I hope this is her collapse, she's weird and unlikable and vastly overrated.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 612/30/2012

"Born This Way Ball" Castrated.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 712/30/2012

Oh, how I loathe her. I hope she pulls a Greta Garbo. Exceedingly unlikely, but I do so hope for her utter disappearance.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 812/30/2012

She's still touring off that album? Hasn't it been out for almost two years? No wonder no one's buying. Everyone who wants to see her has already seen the schtick she has at the moment.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 912/30/2012

Overplayed her hand.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 1012/30/2012

The good news is she won't be able to use the trick of bundling cd sales with her concert tickets. Like Madonna, she's used that trick to artificially inflate album sales in the past. But no one wants her concert tickets anymore, so her 2013 album will have to sell on genuine interest alone. This is the beginning of the end.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 1112/30/2012

She toured the world for the past four years. She has exhausted her fans' pocketbooks. It will be wise for her not to tour next year. Give the fans a rest.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 1212/30/2012

I forgot she even exsisted.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 1312/30/2012

[quote] In Brazil, Lady Gaga allegedly went into poor areas to do "charity" work, but unleashed thousands of tickets.

What does this mean? She went into poor areas and gave away tickets?

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 1412/30/2012

Yes r14, apparently that's what it means, and she did so while claiming it was charity work!

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 1512/30/2012

Can't stand her!

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 1612/30/2012

She can sing better than Taylor, Madonna, Katy Perry, or Rihanna.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 1712/30/2012

Without missing a beat r17. Not even a knock on the head stops her.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 1812/30/2012

The Crispin Glover of musical acts.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 1912/30/2012

Examiner?! Bwahahahaha!!!!

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 2012/30/2012

All elders who can't stand that their Queen of Flop, Grannydonna is over. Miss Gaga has the masses by the balls. She hasn't stopped touring. OP wrote that article. That site = Wikipedia

The croaking of her detractors when her album debuts at #1 and has a hit first single is going to be hilarious.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 2112/30/2012

R21 Bothy Grannydonna AND Gaga are over. People are tired of both of them.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 2212/30/2012

r11, she didn't do that.

She's helped gay rights with the youth of America more than any artist out there. We owe her a lot.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 2312/30/2012

Yes she did r23, I first heard about the bundling cd sales with concert tickets thing when Madonna's MDNA came out. And everyone said GaGa had done the same thing with her last album, and had the same result. A cd that debuted #1 and then plummeted the next week. Madonna's MDNA set the #1 to plummet record, but Gaga had held it previously.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 2412/30/2012

I love R21, sitting back in his several hundred dollar reinforced medi-chair while he makes a quick adjustment to his cpap, chortling with glee about how he sure told them Internet queers.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 2512/30/2012

R25, you've painted such a picture. Can you throw in a urine drainage bag too?

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 2612/30/2012

[R233] What 23 said. The "show" got old pretty quick for me. When it is all over it won't be over because she can sit down and play the piano and just sing. Most of the pop tarts can't sing. She can be an affective cover artist with nothing more than a microphone and those piano keys.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 2712/30/2012

What he needs is a good long enema!

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 2812/30/2012

I can't wait for her stupid pop star phase to be over. She can sing jazz, the blues, maybe some alt country and have a great career doing it. I was never a fan until I saw her duet with Tony Bennett. And no, I'm not an eldergay.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 2912/30/2012

Doubt her fanbase will accept anything but pop GaGa r29

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 3012/30/2012

One thing that pisses me off about her is that she insists she always sings live.

She's been caught falling while the singing remained unchanged and then recently, same as Bieber, threw up while still miraculously singing.

She can sing while sitting at a piano but don't be a hypocrite and slag off others for lip-synching. It's hard to sing and run around but there are people who can manage it. She's not a good enough dancer to make it worth it.

On a more general note, why do people just accept live concerts with lip-syching now? It used to be mocked ( Ashley Simpson) now it's just the norm. I don't care if you sound perfect but why pay for a live show that's not live?

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 3112/30/2012

Sorry, bitches. Rhianna is 100 times the singer that Gaga is. Gaga is all autotune. She needs to retire and step asside for the real queen

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 3212/30/2012

You're deaf, R32. Rhianna uses auto-tune too. Everyone does.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 3312/30/2012

Rihanna live is like watching an android programmed to perform. Technically good, but no presence, no sense of humor, and she barely acknowledges the audience. She could be performing to an empty stadium and her performance wouldn't change.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 3412/30/2012

Karma for fucking with Die Antwoord

Gaga wasn't too pleased with the portrayal and tweeted on Wednesday,

"i fink u freaky but you don't have a hit. hundred thousand tickets sold in SA. #thatmys--t"

She was referencing one of Die Antwoord's bigger songs, "I Fink U Freaky," and her upcoming shows in Johannesburg and Cape Town.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 3512/30/2012

Lady Gaga had a good run. She spoke up for the community and for that she deserves respect, BUT if she pulls in any more "producers" to salvage Art Pop, the number of producers will start to exceed her audience numbers.

Severe lack of competition is really her claim to fame, the other female stars are so freaking bad, Katie Pery and Rhianna musics is dog vomit bad.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 3612/30/2012

I think she exploited the gay community. What other audience does she have as a female dance-music artist, of course she sucks up to the gays. She seems too cunty to genuinely care about anything outside of her own personal bubble, which she has stuffed with hundreds of millions.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 3712/30/2012

Well, if the pundits on DL declare anything over these days, it's a safe bet that it will come roaring back.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 3812/30/2012

The elders who are completely delusional and out of touch are funny.

Anyway, Lady Gaga: ArtPop - #1 and sells more than MDOA in no time.

She has the best up-and-coming producers on board. She knows who to work with.

Madonna needs to constantly sing her old hits from 20 years ago when she was still popular to fill seats. She's a frigging Vegas act, and no longer musically relevant.

MDOA was suppose to destroy Gaga according to all her ancient fans. Funny how things turned out. Gaga does just as well as all the current acts out there today when it comes to touring, and she makes more money by touring for four years straight.

Gage's perfume is the #1 celebrity fragrance in the world, while Madonna's stinky shit went no where.

Anyway, Madonna will still be performing Vogue and Ray of Light while not being album to sell albums or singles. Brava! She has nothing else.

BTW, Madge's current tour did worse than her last one, and arenas did not sell out, dates had to be cancelled, and yes, her Aussie didn't happen because she wouldn't be able to sell there. Inside word is, the tour is starting up again next year. She still won't tour Australia. Mark my words.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 3912/30/2012

Madonna is beyond done. She is a Vegas show. No one cares for her new music. The one thing that Gaga had over Madonna was her vocal abilities but after the vomit/lipsynching fiasco well that's out of the window. So in the end they're both wretched, overplayed and unoriginal.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 4012/30/2012

Wait, can't both Madonna and Gaga go the fuck away? I loathe both of them.

Gaga is nothing but a fat, ugly girl who got lucky and overplayed her hand. Silly thing.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 4112/30/2012

[post by racist shit-stain # 2 removed.]

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 4212/30/2012

Poor Lady Gaga overestimated her twink fans. She didn't realize that gays in their early 20's, her bread and butter, only have the attention span that lasts as long as the buzz from a bump of coke. Worse attention spans than tween girls.

She's already old fashioned. Yesterday's curiosity. A passing, passed-up fad.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 4312/30/2012

No one can rely soley on that small demo to be an international pop star, R43. Way too narrow and small. Lots of her "little monsters" are teen/20's girls as well.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 4412/30/2012

She looks like an anteater. NOT an attractive girl, poor thing, so she could never pull off "glamour."

Her entire persona, music, and act was a re-tread of Madonna, anyway. Repackaged for the millenium and younger gays who didn't get THEIR Madonna.

Since she was not original in the first place but pushed her act as something fresh and new, she had no longevity. There was nothing new to see in Lady Gaga except for those who were too young to have seen it all the FIRST time around.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 4512/30/2012

[quote] Madonna is beyond done. She is a Vegas show. No one cares for her new music.

Doesn't change the fact she's been one of the most popular and famous women on earth for around 30 years and is the best selling female pop star of all time. She may be "beyond done," but it took her years to become "beyond done." And Madonna could stop everything, disappear today and never be seen in public and still be remembered always.

Lady Gaga has been around for four years and been "beyond done" for at least two of those years.

Not a fan really of either woman, but you have to admit that no matter what you say about Madonna, it will NOT make Lady Gaga any more relevant.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 4612/30/2012

It's weird... her last album is arguably her best, and it fared poorly.

I do think she probably needs to take a breather. Maybe spend a few extra months refining her next album, and not release it until the fall.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 4712/30/2012

[quote]I forgot she even exsisted.

A Madonna fan hissed at me!

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 4812/30/2012

Madonna was a unique and different artist for her time in the early 80's, but the biggest difference between Madonna and Gaga besides singing prowess, is that Madonna was seen as accessible, relatable, and "real." She marketed herself as an ambitious Michigan girl who moved to NYC with ambition and a dream to be famous and did it. Of course the truth is a lot more complex, but this was the image Madonna, Freddy DeMann, and Liz Rosenberg sold to the masses that worked. Initially, she wore tattered up clothes, but young girls and women could emulate her look quite easily compared to the Haute Coture and unrealistic crap Gaga wears in public. Madonna changed her image in the mid-80's and started wearing different, more conventional and glamorous clothing and the public ate it up. A pop star radically changing their image is mundane, calculating, and expected nowadays, but Madonna changing her image the way she did was seen as being revolutionary. But it was still accessible - She presented her image change as a reflection of her growing and maturing fan base. Of course, once she started believing her own press and no longer had anything to prove, things changed quite a bit.

Gaga is none of those things. The clothes, the weirdness, the banal interviews, she's too out there and that wears thin easily after awhile. Where do you have to go after that? I agree Her audience of twinks and young women have the attention spans of gnats, and are on to the next thing. Her music has to speak for itself, and all the odd clothing choices and behavior cannot change that. Gaga would have to radically change her image, but still churn out the hits for the record company. She has the vocal chops and musical talent to do it, but her next step will have to be a very cautious one. She doesn't want to wind up irrelevant and directionless like Christina Aguilera - who has the vocal chops and talent, but has low Q-ratings and is all over the place with her music and image.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 4912/30/2012

r49 - agreed. Madonna is due for a reinvention.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 5012/30/2012

And Britney soldiers on - fabulous cameo on the new will i am song, while Rihanna continues breaking records. Who are these two guidettes?

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 5112/30/2012

I was surprised to hear Britney on Will's song. I never thought of her doing the featured artist thing on someone else's track, but her part very meta so I like it.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 5212/30/2012

R50 - Madinna has to face the music and realize thtat she's considered a nostalgia act by most people nowadays. Her ego won't let her accept that, but she's going to have to go the Cher/Tina Turner/Sade route and worry more about touring rather than trying to keep up with musical trends or gain new fans. It's not happening. She's an elder-stateswoman in the music industry who has sealed her place in history and doesn't need to prove anything anymore. Flopping out her titties and showing her ass in concert to gain press and attention is just pathetic, she doesn't have to do these things.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 5312/30/2012

"Art Pop" is a salvage operation at this point.

Expect massive over hype to boost sales before people realize how bad the songs actually are....typical Gaga Marketing Inc. strategy. All fluff no substance.

Hiring very pretty and young "heterosexual" DJs like Madeon, will not save this lemon because these are teenbeat DJs, selected for their sex appeal to 14 year old girls, not because of their songwriting or production ability.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 5412/30/2012

Has anyone heard ArtPop? Any leaks? I'm wondering what direction Gaga is taking...

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 5512/30/2012

If GaGa had eschewed the meat dress for a pork dress, she could have been favorably compared to Madonna as the "other white meat".

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 5612/30/2012

I've heard that Gaga's next album will be about various iconic blondes of the past (Monroe, Dietrich, etc.). Not sure how true it is, but that'd be an interesting concept.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 5712/30/2012

When it comes to pop music, I hate concept albums. I think that's been one of Madonna's problems for a while. She has an idea of an image or message she wants to push and the music is secondary. Just make some good fucking music. There's your concept. Good songs will inform the concept, not the other way around.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 5812/30/2012

R48 actually Madonna only sings about 6 classic songs on her tours.

Most of her set lists is made up of new material.

According to both Billboard and now PollStar ALL 88 dates of the MDNA tour, you know the years top grossing and the 10th top grossing tour of ALL TIME L, were sold out.

Madonna added dates continuously throughout the tour including an extra Yankee Stadium date and an extra Madison Square Garden date.

It was only a rumor that Madonna would continue her tour in Australia in 2013. Venues were never booked, dates were never announced and tickets sure in the hell never went on sale!

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 5912/30/2012

Not to mention that Madonna at 53 is a better dancer and better live performer than gaga can ever hope to be. And her tour brought in hundreds of millions of dollars. Oh, and gaga's fat.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 6012/30/2012

R39 Madonna's Truth or Dare fragrance was so successful that a second fragrance was rushed out in time for Christmas.

And for the record Madonna is the biggest selling female artist of all time.

She is also the highest grossing solo touring artist of all time with ticket sales of over 1.3 BILLION and that's without inflation.

If Madonna would have toured Australia she would have set records like she did the last time she was their 20 years ago. She's also the biggest selling female artist of all time in Australia.

Gaga will be playing gay pride parades and hard rock cafes in another 5 years.

Madonna now has the top 2 highest grossing tours from a female artist of all time.

And Gaga does not. The end.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 6112/30/2012

Who?

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 6212/30/2012

From the (UK) Financial Times:

[quote]Lady Gaga did herself few financial favours during her last major world tour, The Monster Ball, which she began in 2009 to promote her album The Fame Monster. One of the most successful promotional tours ever, it quite literally bankrupted her. Her habit of redesigning, reformatting and revising it from the ground up, all of which experiments and changes she paid for out of her own pocket, certainly made the tour one of the most extraordinarily varied and unpredictable in history, but also one of the least profitable.

[quote]"I actually went bankrupt after the first extension of The Monster Ball. And it was funny because I didn’t know! And I remember I called everybody and said, "Why is every­one saying I have no money? This is ridiculous, I have five number one singles – and they said, 'Well, you’re $3m in debt.'"

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 6312/30/2012

What are the cost of her tickets?

I mean, it's great that she changes it up so many times to keep it fresh but only her hard core fans will see it more then once. It's not like the average person will appreciate it.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 6412/30/2012

Hype, dancing, age, themes, none of it matters to the big picture. It is all about who can come up with the best dance tunes.

"Holiday" made Madonna

"Poker Face" made Gaga

.....everything else is frivolous decoration

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 6512/30/2012

Great dance music doesn't begin and end with Madonna and Gaga. They are extremely hyped dance music artists, but that doesn't mean they make the best dance music. That's not even close to being true.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 6612/30/2012

[quote]Rihanna, Katy Perry, Adele and even Carly Rae Jepsen have stolen her thunder.

I'm not a Gaga fan, but this scenario is a truly unfortunate reflection upon many things. Except maybe the Adele part, though she's also overrated.

A few years ago, many pop divas cropped up at basically the same time. And they all became incredibly stale very quickly, but they're all lingering.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 6712/30/2012

[quote]Venues Look Like War Zone

Your headline makes no fucking sense OP. A half-empty arena doesn't look anything like a war zone.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 6812/30/2012

Madonna would retire before she'd resort to playing Vegas. She doesn't have the financial problems like Elton and others, who've HAD to go that route.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 6912/31/2012

Are both tours done already?

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 7012/31/2012

[68], I didn't write the headline or the post, I merely cut and pasted it from The Examiner.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 7112/31/2012

Great Dance music begins and ends with quality songwriting, like most other music genres.

(The Teenbeat genre is all about magazine covers and always has been, See: Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, New Kids on the Block, Tiffany, Lief Garret, The Monkees etc.)

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 7212/31/2012

Madonna's "sold out" tour stop in Miami.

Even the person who posted the video comments on the numerous empty seats.

And this is taped for a DVD release!

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 7312/31/2012

Gaga just cancelled her remaining tour dates for "health reasons". OK.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 7402/13/2013

Too bad about the Ga Ga cancellations since I was going to see her at MSG next Friday.

BTW, I'm just looking at the Madonna link at R73, and it made me wonder if those seats are really empty or if they're like that only temporarily because the people who were seated there are the ones crowding around the stage.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 7502/13/2013

Yeah, just saw a news item that Gaga needs hip surgery. Poor ol' thang.

I hope her new record has some good stuff on it.

by I Ate GaGa's Liverreply 7602/13/2013
Need more help? Click Here.