Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What does/did your Christmas Tree look like?

I was in love with my Christmas tree this year. We tried something different with the blue lights and I really liked it. My BF was away for Christmas, so we are celebrating tonight. I wanted to snap a pic before we started ripping into the gifts.

Any DLers have pics to share of their Christmas trees this year?

by Anonymousreply 4612/30/2012

Dear God. The striped walls are hidjus. Too poor for real chair rail?

by Anonymousreply 112/29/2012

Very pretty, OP.

by Anonymousreply 212/29/2012

Pretty tree. Nice idea for a thread.

by Anonymousreply 312/29/2012

I'm just not going to comment on this.

In respect of Jesus's birthday..... I'm just not going to comment on this tree.

by Anonymousreply 412/29/2012

Chair rails? R1, you type old.

by Anonymousreply 512/29/2012

Nice tree.

The lamps in the room should have been dimmed a bit more for the pic...

Otherwise I like it. Looks pretty with the presents.

by Anonymousreply 612/29/2012

No tree this year. I thought I'd get a Grinch tree. Under four feet. The Canuck tree sellers at Astor Place wanted thirty dollars for a tree that came up to my nose. I'm five feet tall. Fuck that. My past few trees have been very pretty. Bronze, gold and green color scheme with some purple and gem colors thrown in.The best part were the lights. To my horror, my Christmas tree lights died and I was forced to go to Walmart on Christmas Eve to try and find some new lights. I found two boxes of lights that create different patterns and they were on sale. The quality of the lights was the tits. It really made my tree and that was five years ago. I still use them.

by Anonymousreply 712/29/2012

Nice Moravian star on top of your tree, OP. Thanks for sharing. Have a great Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 812/29/2012

Nice subject. I like the blue lights. A maroon or garnet might work well with the blue next year.

I took walks last night and Thursday night and was surprised by the number of households that have already thrown their trees out. Didn't even bother to keep it over this weekend. What's up with that?

by Anonymousreply 912/29/2012

Very nicely done.

by Anonymousreply 1012/29/2012

My tree is very vintage - frasier fir pine tree with old fashion lights (not the LED kind), bubble lights, glass ornaments, and glass garland. Looks like the tree of someone without kids or pets...

by Anonymousreply 1112/29/2012

[quote]Didn't even bother to keep it over this weekend. What's up with that?

They don't celebrate Christmas. They're part of the moronic Walmart Giftmas Brigade. Typical Americans who think the holiday ends when presents are opened.

by Anonymousreply 1212/29/2012

R7, I live in NYC as well. The prices for trees in the city are absolutely ridiculous. Each year my partner and I make a trek to Stew Leonard's just north of the city. Fortunately I have access to a car. Our tree cost $35 and it's about 6'5" tall. In the city we would have easily paid $80 for it.

and thanks R8, I made it myself. I usually make one every year, or at least re-wrap the one from the previous year in my favorite wrapping paper.

by Anonymousreply 1412/29/2012

Looks like a Fourth of July tree.

by Anonymousreply 1512/29/2012

Funny you say that r15. I said it was my Election Year tree.

I usually take down my tree the first weekend after new years. It stays up about a month. If you get it really fresh, they last that long without falling apart.

by Anonymousreply 1612/29/2012

[quote]I made it myself. I usually make one every year, or at least re-wrap the one from the previous year in my favorite wrapping paper.

I have one that's about 12-inches across from tip to tip. Heavy white plastic with a light inside. I made it from a kit purchased in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania where they have all kinds of Moravian ornaments. Right now it's on loan in the window of a department store that has elaborate Christmas decorations.

by Anonymousreply 1712/29/2012

Okay, here's mine.

by Anonymousreply 1812/29/2012

I clicked on this link thinking I would be peeking in on a tragedy, not so. Your tree is cheery and bright. I didn't decorate and probably will never have a tree again. it's too much work and I don't like buying stuff associated with holidays.

by Anonymousreply 1912/29/2012

Is that an elf on the shelf in the background?

by Anonymousreply 2012/29/2012

[quote] I like the blue lights. A maroon or garnet might work well with the blue next year.

Excellent suggestion.

Yes, it looks like an election tree as is. Nice job, OP. You seem extremely neat and ordered.

Many years ago I stopped with all the big tree stuff. I used to get 8 foot tall very slim trees and just put tons of white lights, sprigs of baby's breath and maybe s few velvet wine colored ribbons here and there. I found some lovely fake silk moire material in wine and bunched it at the base as a tree skirt. But alas after rearranging my condo it had become too full to clear out that big a space for a tree. I then started with table top trees and worked my way down to, well, nothing.

A friend who owned an antique shop took pity on me and gave me a fake 18 inch tree with pretty and simple decorations on it. I thought it was stupid and tacky until one Christmas I was working right up to late Christmas Eve and was too lazy to do anything - I took all my lights - literally hundreds of tiny white lights - and wrapped them in and around the tree. It was lovely. That simple little tree with tons of lights was my tree for years.

One year I left the little thing up cause I was too lazy to put it back up in the closet - come 4th of July it was still there in the window so I just stuck about 25 American flags in it and Voila! I had a Patriot Tree.

Whatever works for you.

by Anonymousreply 2112/29/2012

I like the tree, too.

Are you going to tell us about the elf on the windowsill?

by Anonymousreply 2212/29/2012

It is sweet. I love Christmas trees. I generally don't do one unless I have a BF. It has been a few years. :-(

But my family always have several in their home - one in the family room that is informal and has all of the decorations we made as kids, and that soft of thing. That tree means a lot to everyone.

Then there are the pretty trees in the formal rooms - they look nice and all.

by Anonymousreply 2312/29/2012

[quote]Is that an elf on the shelf in the background?

Yes, it's Hermey from Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer.

by Anonymousreply 2412/29/2012

Here's mine.

by Anonymousreply 2512/29/2012

Nice tree OP.

by Anonymousreply 2612/29/2012

I cropped a photo of my tree on my iPad, but when I put it into my shutterfly app it reverts to the uncropped photo. I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 2712/29/2012

Very nice, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2812/29/2012

R18 ... Really?

by Anonymousreply 2912/30/2012

R25... REALLY??

by Anonymousreply 3012/30/2012

What a very nice tree, OP. Thank you for sharing.

by Anonymousreply 3112/30/2012

That was one of the quickest callouts I've seen r30

by Anonymousreply 3212/30/2012

R30 and R32, stop being Negative Nancys and just enjoy the wonderful, festive sharing that OP has bestowed upon us. Methinks thou art a wee bit jealous of OP's sudden rise to fame here.

by Anonymousreply 3312/30/2012

OP, you have a lovely tree! Thanks for sharing.

Also, whichever of you received a Christmas card that starts "SON..." is obviously well loved by a parent/parents and should cherish that.

I love this time of year. My partner always indulges me by helping me setup and decorate our 7 foot artificial tree. We'll keep it up until next weekend. I am happy with how it turned out this year, but I'm not brave enough to share with most of these bitches.

by Anonymousreply 3412/30/2012

PO has beige walls. I didn't know they still made beige paint. Definitely a 99%er.

by Anonymousreply 3512/30/2012

"PO"?????

by Anonymousreply 3612/30/2012

[quote]Also, whichever of you received a Christmas card that starts "SON..." is obviously well loved by a parent/parents and should cherish that.

My parents are dead. However, I always get cards from my sister that starts "BROTHER". Does that count?

My partner get the "SON" ones from his mom.

by Anonymousreply 3712/30/2012

Love the blue color, OP

by Anonymousreply 3812/30/2012

My mom says I'm not allowed to put up a Christmas tree with lights down here in the basement because it might catch fire. Besides, Captain Howdy doesn't like Christmas trees much anyway.

by Anonymousreply 3912/30/2012

Listen to her r39. She's right.

by Anonymousreply 4012/30/2012

Here's mine. I found room after all. At the bottom you can see some neighbors who came over to check it out. Ignore that building in the background - that's, um, ah, a mural I put up to recreate childhood memories.

by Anonymousreply 4112/30/2012

Your tree looks really nice.

by Anonymousreply 4212/30/2012

Beautiful tree, OP. Thanks so much for sharing.

by Anonymousreply 4312/30/2012

Thank to everyone who shared their Christmas trees, I enjoyed seeing them. Ours was not very fancy this year, we have a cat who considers it a climbing device with chewy little cat toys hanging from it.

by Anonymousreply 4412/30/2012

It's currently a pile of bent metal branches and cracked ornaments - as my husband gave me the silent treatment for the hundredth time, I felt like I had to beat the shit out of something, and that god damned fake tree had it coming.

by Anonymousreply 4512/30/2012

[quote] Thanks to all who shared their christmas trees. I enjoyed seeing them.

Only one person shared their Christmas tree. Three people posted trees that didn't belong to them, including the Rock Center tree.

by Anonymousreply 4612/30/2012
Need more help? Click Here.