Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Has Hathaway replaced Madonna?

As DL's most hated celeb?

Personally, I don't get the hatred for Anne but to each his own, I suppose...

by Anonymousreply 2112/29/2012

Oh good! Another Madonna replacement thread!

by Anonymousreply 112/29/2012

Madonna will ONLY be replaced by Lourdes.

by Anonymousreply 212/29/2012

I don't understand the hatred for Hathaway on DL. I admit I don't pay a lot of attention to threads about her. Please enlighten me as to what she has done to receive all this negative feedback. Has she come across as a bitch during the interviews for Les Miz?

by Anonymousreply 312/29/2012

What am I, liquid poop?

by Anonymousreply 412/29/2012

Hold on just a damn minute...while I dislike Anne Hathaway for being forced down the public's throat despite being merely cute and moderately talented, I don't hate her. She's also nowhere near as insufferable as Gwyneth, Julia, or Grandmadonna. It's just that her faux earnestness is nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 612/29/2012

[quote]I don't get the anti-Anne thing either. She's been nothing but extremely LGBT-supportive in any interview I've read, talks openly and warmly about her gay brother.

You're new to DL aren't you? Nothing brings out the hate here more than a gay-friendly celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 712/29/2012

The anti-Anne thing only really got going with Lynn Stairmaster's hysterically over-the-top early review of the preview screening of "Les Miserables," which seemed almost calculated to annoy everyone. If he and the other Les Miz freaks would have chilled out a bit about their obnoxious enthusiasm for the film, people wouln't harsh on either Hathaway or the Les Miz film so much here. but they know they can easily rile the Les Miz fans up, and they delight in doing so (just as DLers do with all rabid fans of anyone and anything who post here, which is also why Madonna and Streisand get so much hate here--people love baiting their fans because they know they'll always, always rise to it and overreact).

by Anonymousreply 812/29/2012

Datalounge loves to hate. It's its lifeline. No hate and pointless bitchery = death!

by Anonymousreply 912/29/2012

She's just this year's Oscar season hotpoint vs Sally Field Program. Last year it was M/Viola. No one really hates her, its just DL awards season tradition to create a catty rivalry.

Now Madonna - we really hate her.

by Anonymousreply 1012/29/2012

There's a section of DL eldergays that are obsessed with this notion that anything a celebrity does is dictated by this intangible force called "PR". "Oh, she's out to dinner? What an obvious PR ploy!" "Oh, she's on a talk show? What a desperate tactic by her PR campaign."

It's weird. I think they'd be shocked how little input and manipulation these PR people have over a celebrity like Anne. She's going to premeieres and doing talk show interviews just like anyone who promotes their films.

by Anonymousreply 1112/29/2012

Ann Hathaway became a Protestant from a Catholic because of her stand on gay marriage. I love that. However I hate the fact that she married in a Jewish ceremony.He looks like a twink that was passed around a ton of elderqueens. How lame. She should have joined the far more powerful lavender mafia and really moved up in the world!

She's also suppposed to be bi,which is interesting.She went bi with Heather Matarazzo that skinny thing from Welcome To The Dollhouse.couldn't have she gone with someone more fabulously looking than that stick figure with a face made for radio!

by Anonymousreply 1212/29/2012

R11 yes but it's the calculated effort that's put into the PR stuff which makes everything she says or do disingenuous. I don't hate Anne. In fact I rarely think about her but I've experienced the annoying PR effort for Les Miz while reading blogs and movie based websites and she probably seriously thinks she deserves an Oscar® by now and for what career? Princess Diaries, Brokeback Mountain and Devil wears Prada? Gurl please. Have several seats.

by Anonymousreply 1312/29/2012

R11 is correct. It's very clear many of you have absolutely no idea how Hollywood works.

by Anonymousreply 1412/29/2012

She tries too hard.

She seems oblivious and self-absorbed, without compensating wit or style.

Her attempts at humility seems fake.

She's like the showoff dramacunt in high school who kissed all the teachers' asses and walked through the halls practicing scales until you wanted to punch her in the throat.

Thus, she needs to be taken down a peg.

Have I covered it all?

by Anonymousreply 1512/29/2012

I think yall are just some motherfucking haters.

by Anonymousreply 1712/29/2012

I don't think Madonna is hated on DL, moreso she inspires extreme emotions in people that range from love TO hate. People just hate Anne or are disinterested in what she does.

by Anonymousreply 1912/29/2012

She ran out her string with me when she enjoyed the money and lifestyle provided by her criminal boyfriend, then she turned on him. Beginning to end, it left a bad taste in my mouth where she's concerned.

I disliked the Oscar mess, but I blame Franco for that more than her. Even so, she deserves part of the criticism.

I won't see Les Miz because I don't like musicals and I don't like her.

by Anonymousreply 2012/29/2012

R15 You're fucked.

by Anonymousreply 2112/29/2012
Need more help? Click Here.