Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Billy Chrystal

His stardom is a fluke. Lots of talented Jewish men could have achieved the same thing. How did Billy get his showbiz breaks?

by Anonymousreply 1012/29/2012

I used to love Chrystal Bernard in "It's a Living" and "Wings".

by Anonymousreply 112/29/2012

Chrystal????

by Anonymousreply 212/29/2012

He had a tough time playing Judy on Soap as that character was written all over the plays. Harris had no idea what a homosexual was. But he did a great job with the weak material he got.

by Anonymousreply 312/29/2012

Chrystal Conners is still a whore, darlin'.

by Anonymousreply 412/29/2012

What a chatastryphe.

by Anonymousreply 512/29/2012

He was very cute when young, which is easy to forget today.

by Anonymousreply 612/29/2012

[quote]Harris had no idea what a homosexual was. But he did a great job with the weak material he got.

Didn't the "gay" character end up with a wife and child by the end of the series?

by Anonymousreply 712/29/2012

Having watched reruns of SOAP, I agree... Crystal was better than I gave him credit for. His character was impossible to play: a cartoon fairy at the beginning, an out & proud gay man and father one moment, then a confused bisexual the next. But he did manage to give the character some dignity and humanity. It must have been shocking to see a single, gay parent fighting for rights to his child in the late 70s.

by Anonymousreply 812/29/2012

HIs father was in the industry. His uncle was famed producer Milt Gabler.

by Anonymousreply 912/29/2012

Most ridiculous was that Jody was considering a sex change so he could be with his closeted football star boyfriend. Did the writers really not know the difference between being gay and being transgendered? Why would a gay man want to be with a transgender?

by Anonymousreply 1012/29/2012
Need more help? Click Here.