Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Billy Chrystal

His stardom is a fluke. Lots of talented Jewish men could have achieved the same thing. How did Billy get his showbiz breaks?

by Anonymousreply 1012/29/2012

I used to love Chrystal Bernard in "It's a Living" and "Wings".

by Anonymousreply 112/29/2012

by Anonymousreply 212/29/2012

He had a tough time playing Judy on Soap as that character was written all over the plays. Harris had no idea what a homosexual was. But he did a great job with the weak material he got.

by Anonymousreply 312/29/2012

Chrystal Conners is still a whore, darlin'.

by Anonymousreply 412/29/2012

What a chatastryphe.

by Anonymousreply 512/29/2012

He was very cute when young, which is easy to forget today.

by Anonymousreply 612/29/2012

[quote]Harris had no idea what a homosexual was. But he did a great job with the weak material he got.

Didn't the "gay" character end up with a wife and child by the end of the series?

by Anonymousreply 712/29/2012

Having watched reruns of SOAP, I agree... Crystal was better than I gave him credit for. His character was impossible to play: a cartoon fairy at the beginning, an out & proud gay man and father one moment, then a confused bisexual the next. But he did manage to give the character some dignity and humanity. It must have been shocking to see a single, gay parent fighting for rights to his child in the late 70s.

by Anonymousreply 812/29/2012

HIs father was in the industry. His uncle was famed producer Milt Gabler.

by Anonymousreply 912/29/2012

Most ridiculous was that Jody was considering a sex change so he could be with his closeted football star boyfriend. Did the writers really not know the difference between being gay and being transgendered? Why would a gay man want to be with a transgender?

by Anonymousreply 1012/29/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!