Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Forget About "Angie"...

My generation remembers (and adores) Donna PesCOW for her mom roles on such hits as "Out of This World" and "Even Stevens" (co-starring Emmy Award-winning actor, Shia LaBeouf). I've yet to even see proof that a show called "Angie" even existed!

by Anonymousreply 1612/29/2012

Definitely existed. I watched as a child. She was a waitress with doctor husband....does a nyone else remember?

by Anonymousreply 112/29/2012

I watched it too. She was riding high post Night Fever.

by Anonymousreply 212/29/2012

Not only did it exist, I took the theme song to No. 18 on the charts back in '79!

by Anonymousreply 312/29/2012

And Raymond's mother was the mom here too -- she ran a newsstand and shocked the doctor's snooty Dad with a discourse on finance. He looked at her in amazement and she waved a Forbes, informing him that she could read.

by Anonymousreply 412/29/2012

No r1, the OP is onto something. The show is just an urban myth, you have false memories of a show that never actually existed.

by Anonymousreply 512/29/2012

Robert Hays played her boyfriend and Debralee Scott was Angie's kid sister Marie.

by Anonymousreply 612/29/2012

Robert Hayes was hot as fuck to. Like another(HODA) sitcom they killed it by marrying them too soon. It really was a cute show. Nothing historical but cute.

by Anonymousreply 712/29/2012

In modern American comedy, much merriment comes from class or ethnic differences. In Angie, it was about moneyed Philadelphia WASPs vs working class Italian Catholics.

A brief review of most sit-coms shows these difference were and continue to be a staple, although lately, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 812/29/2012

by Anonymousreply 912/29/2012

It wasn't a bad little show...I was pretty young but remember sort of liking it.

Her best role was as dyke Lynn on All My Children. I still remember my mother's pearl-clutching gasp when Devon told Lynn she wanted to munch her carpet.

by Anonymousreply 1012/29/2012

R7 WHAT? That bitch Hoda had her own sitcom? Frank! Cody! Cassidy! Mama's gonna need a whole lotta Chardonnay!

by Anonymousreply 1112/29/2012

Donna Pescow played the first lesbian on National TV

by Anonymousreply 1212/29/2012

Donna was also know as a soap actress. And her famous rubber scene in Saturday Night Fever.And the scene where the guys took turns screwing her in the back set!

Angie was birthed from Saturday Night Fever like other shows like Makin' It and Joe and Valerie. It was the best of the bunch to be honest. Not that there was anything great about that genre to begin with anyway.

by Anonymousreply 1312/29/2012

What is Bob Hays' story. I always thought he was family, but apparently he married (late) and fathered a kid or two, did he not?

by Anonymousreply 1412/29/2012

Think again, r12. I was munching Katherine's whiskey-stained carpet long before you came along and began fucking Devon.

by Anonymousreply 1512/29/2012

The show was funny at first, and marrying the lead characters might have been a mistake, but I think the writing probably would've fizzled out anyway. The premise was only funny for a short period, and then the writers weren't talented enough to keep it afloat.

by Anonymousreply 1612/29/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!