Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hilary in me the willies

I initially preferred her over Obama, but after O's presidency, I think we'd continue to benefit from new blood. Clinton has so much baggage and seems brittle now. How can she still be in touch with regular people after so many years of power and the merciless spotlight? I wish we could have Bubba back (yes, lots of baggage, but also true charisma and a genius for politics that makes Hilary look clunky by comparison).

I will vote for her is she's the nominee, but I hope someone else emerges over the next couple of years.

by Anonymousreply 3012/30/2012

She won't run unless it's a sure thing to win. To lose a second time would be too much for her.

by Anonymousreply 112/29/2012

Another thread in which to bash Hillary. Lovely.

by Anonymousreply 212/29/2012

OP is not only full of shit, he's a failed troll.

by Anonymousreply 312/29/2012

I disagree. Obama is OK, but hardly "new blood". He's done many of the same things that the old guard has done.

by Anonymousreply 412/29/2012

I don't automatically assume OP is a Republican troll - perhaps he just isn't familiar with the latest polls or trends.

OP, Hillary Clinton currently has huge approval numbers and very big polling numbers for 2016. If the polling numbers she has now hold, she would win in a landslide, by a bigger margin than Obama.

Even Newt Gingrich recently admitted the Republicans probably can't beat Hillary in 2016.

Having said all of that, I don't know whether she will run, though. People seem to assume she will, and Nancy Pelosi and Kirsten Gillibrand want her to as well.

But it depends on her health and what she wants to do.

by Anonymousreply 512/29/2012

Hillary said two weeks ago that she is blessed with extraordinary energy and stamina.

by Anonymousreply 612/29/2012

What do you make of her recent fainting and concussion, R6?

by Anonymousreply 712/29/2012

Hillary will be too old by 2016. We have been there/done that with Reagan being senile while holding the office of President. Perhaps we will have to pass an amendment to stop old geezers over 65 from running for President. I am 58 and I already recognize that my abilities are going downhill.

by Anonymousreply 812/29/2012

They are all crooks and robber barons in the employ of billionaires.

Hillary no worse than any other, and possibly better.

I hope she runs, but I think the planet is fucked no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 1012/29/2012

Go away, R11.

by Anonymousreply 1212/29/2012

Obama has been "new blood"? Have you been paying attention to what he's done, or are you still mesmerized by his skin color? If you consider yourself liberal, progressive, or even just a non-Republican, you have apparently missed the ways in which he is worse than even Bush. To wit - illegal drone strikes, failing to prosecute banksters (even HSBC, caught laundering drug and Al Qaeda money), escalating federal raids on legal marijuana dispensaries, attacks on whistleblowers, torture of Bradley Manning, eagerness to promote Keystone and letting BP off the hook for the biggest oil spill in history, and lately his obsession with raiding the Social Security trust fund.

I voted for him, but Hillary would have been better. Progressives would have kept her in line, and her fans are not a cult as Obamas are.

by Anonymousreply 1312/29/2012

Some people have a visceral dislike of Hillary. Personally, I wish she had the articulation of her husband and Obama. But, ah, she, ah, may be smart, but, uh, sometimes, you know, it takes her, um, a long time to say, uh, the simplest sentence.

My father, a left-wing dem, said he'd actualy vote for McCain if she won the nomination.

Somebody said she reminds men of a certain age of their first wives.

I'd vote for her myself. But I don't think she'll run again.

by Anonymousreply 1412/29/2012

[quote]My father, a left-wing dem, said he'd actualy vote for McCain if she won the nomination.

That makes your father an idiot. No left-wing Dem would vote for McCain.

by Anonymousreply 1512/29/2012

Well, OP posed the question: who could you see running other than Hillary??

The Democratic field is almost as shallow as the Republican one.

by Anonymousreply 1612/29/2012

I might vote for Huntsman. No one else in either party appeals to me. I voted for Hilary over Obama but I agree that she's too old now.

by Anonymousreply 1712/29/2012

R17 is an idiot - a double idiot.

First he says that he 'might vote for Huntsman'. What makes R17 think that Huntsman will run again? And if he runs, he won't get out of the primaries anyway. And of course there's also the small matter that Huntsman is still enormously right-wing.

Secondly he says that Hillary is too old even though she would be younger than Reagan would be when he was President. Ridiculous nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 1812/29/2012

Obama is a covard. He has done NOTHING to change the gun laws after the tragedy in Connecticut. He's the worst negotiator I have ever seen. He has no balls what so ever. He easily gives up and let the repugs get what they want. He never stand up to them.. never. He said he would run "down the middle" and compromise with the repugs, which is exactly what he's doing. He's definitely no liberal, he's willing to slash social security. Remember that time he called social security "entitlements"? yep. me too. That really should show you where Obama is in all of this. He's a right leaning democrat. I hope a real liberal or progressive will run in the next election, because that's what USA needs, someone to stand up to workers right.. not some fake liberal like Obama.

by Anonymousreply 2012/29/2012

Wait, OP -- you don't want to vote for Hillary because she has too much baggage, but you'd like Bill back?

Talk about baggage.

by Anonymousreply 2112/29/2012

by Anonymousreply 2212/29/2012

[quote] He has done NOTHING to change the gun laws after the tragedy in Connecticut.

I know! It's been a whole TWO WEEKS since the tragedy, and Obama hasn't magically changed the national and state laws. Can't he just wave a magic wand and make new gun laws suddenly appear?

by Anonymousreply 2312/29/2012

If she runs in 2016, she'd better find some new blood for her campaign team. If she surrounds herself with nasty, unappealing people like Mark Penn, Terry McAuliffe, James Carville, and Lanny Davis again, we'll see a repeat of 2008. That will be the challenge for Hillary if she runs in 2016: Can she run a modern-style campaign with fresh faces, or will she rely on tired old Democratic hacks and Clinton loyalists?

by Anonymousreply 2412/29/2012

R24, Hillary's numbers are so high she can win regardless of what type of team she assembles

by Anonymousreply 2512/30/2012

R20 All of that may seem to be true, but it isn't by design. He is not right-leaning in any way. He just has no idea of what is going on.

by Anonymousreply 2612/30/2012

How much did it hurt John McCain that his questioner (planted?) called Hillary the B-word? Politically, I don't know but linguistically I do. Calling Hillary a Bee is like telling Cyrano de Bergerac "You have a big nose." When you are dealing with grandeur of this magnitude you need to punch up your vocabulary. Oh, madam, what you could have said! How about tartar, shrew, vixen, scold, stormy petrel, or best of all, Xanthippe? Or the one somebody pinned on Bette Davis: "Mother Goddam." Or what they called Archduchess Sophie, mother of Austrian Emperor Franz Josef: "The only man the Hapsburgs ever produced." Or what Franz Josef called his daughter-in-law, Princess Stephanie of Belgium: "an obelisk of tactlessness."

I don't know that Hillary is especially tactless but you could change it to "an obelisk of clapping." It's not so much her B-ness that is coming across lately, but an element of strangeness. There she stands like a stone, staring straight ahead, the lug nuts holding her smile on screwed as tight as they'll go ... clapping, clapping, clapping. For herself, for the other candidates, for the debate emcees, for anybody and everybody. When the audience claps she claps.

It rings a bell to anyone who remembers the heyday of the Soviet Union. The line of bundled-up men on the Kremlin balcony; Khrushchev or Brezhnev and their minions, all wearing thick Russian greatcoats made of spun-steel thread, bulky scarves up to their ears, and identical homburgs planted squarely atop their heads without the slightest rakish tilt in evidence. The whole line continually clapped for everybody who spoke, for the missiles passing by in the parade below, and for the Chairman, who always clapped for himself. -- Florence King 2007

by Anonymousreply 2712/30/2012

r27 is unhinged.

She will still run, win and rule.

Deal with it, imbecile.

by Anonymousreply 2812/30/2012

She needs

by Anonymousreply 2912/30/2012

[quote]he says that Hillary is too old even though she would be younger than Reagan would be when he was President. Ridiculous nonsense.

And Reagan was such a super President!

by Anonymousreply 3012/30/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!