Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Phantom of the Opera-25th Anniversary at Royal Albert Hall

First time I've seen this on Blu-Ray. Pretty amazing. Amazing after-production performance by Sarah Brightman and others. The Raul is a hottie: Hadley Fraser. Any gossip on him? Andrew Lloyd-Webber is all over it. So, why is the lyricist, Charles Hart, in the background. It was Rodgers and Hammerstein, not just Rodgers. Why did AL-W get all the credit? Just asking.

by Anonymousreply 712/29/2012

Wonderful DVD. So much more dramatic and more compelling than the feature film!

by Anonymousreply 112/28/2012

Totally. The head mics are a bit distracting. But better than the black dots on their foreheads they use on Broadway. Michael Crawford didn't look well. And didn't sing with the other Phantoms in the number with Sarah B. The Swedish phantom was hot!!

by Anonymousreply 212/29/2012

ALW nearly always gets all the glory for his shows. He's basically a brand.

Saw Fraser as Javert in Les Mis, he was brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 312/29/2012

I was thinking with the release of Les Mis that they really messed up with the movie Phantom. It was incredibly popular across the country at one time (women loved the Phantaom in a kind of Twilight way) that the movie should have been at least a modest hit. Was the movie that bad (I know the play itself is not the strongest) or did they just wait too long to do the movie after the play had faded from people's minds.

by Anonymousreply 412/29/2012

It is for those who did not see the London or Broadway original productions. Yes, it is far superior to the film, which was ghastly.

by Anonymousreply 512/29/2012

The film was awful. But ALW hits are usually made into lousy films (Jesus Christ Superstar, Evita)

by Anonymousreply 612/29/2012

Hadley Fraser has enormous hands!! Sizemeat perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 712/29/2012
Need more help? Click Here.