Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Gym Flu: Health clubs are germ havens

"If someone has a common cold, it's common courtesy that he work out at home. Any crowded communal space is a giant petri dish for germs, especially the cold-causing rhinovirus. At gyms, factor in dozens of shared surfaces, damp locker rooms, and towels that stand up on their own-and the place you visit for optimal health may send you to bed for a week."

I can attest to that. Since I've stopped going to the gym and instead work out at home I haven't had a cold or the flu in 4 years!

by Anonymousreply 412/28/2012

I've been an avid gym-goer for the past 20 years and the the only times I've gotten colds were when I took a break from working out (and well outside the incubation period of having picked up the bug at the gym). I always place a towel on any machine I use, even the stationery bike handlebars. I do use the dry sauna, but one is more likely tp catch a cold in the steam room.

by Anonymousreply 112/28/2012

[quote]but one is more likely to catch a cold in the steam room.

Oh, that's not all you can pick up there.

by Anonymousreply 212/28/2012

A lot of people go to the gym to sweat out a cold and flu. They're the ones who create this problem.

by Anonymousreply 312/28/2012

I thought everyone in my gym had a cold because of all the snot snorting. Turns out most of them were doing lines.

by Anonymousreply 412/28/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!