Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Gym Flu: Health clubs are germ havens

"If someone has a common cold, it's common courtesy that he work out at home. Any crowded communal space is a giant petri dish for germs, especially the cold-causing rhinovirus. At gyms, factor in dozens of shared surfaces, damp locker rooms, and towels that stand up on their own-and the place you visit for optimal health may send you to bed for a week."

I can attest to that. Since I've stopped going to the gym and instead work out at home I haven't had a cold or the flu in 4 years!

by Anonymousreply 412/28/2012

I've been an avid gym-goer for the past 20 years and the the only times I've gotten colds were when I took a break from working out (and well outside the incubation period of having picked up the bug at the gym). I always place a towel on any machine I use, even the stationery bike handlebars. I do use the dry sauna, but one is more likely tp catch a cold in the steam room.

by Anonymousreply 112/28/2012

[quote]but one is more likely to catch a cold in the steam room.

Oh, that's not all you can pick up there.

by Anonymousreply 212/28/2012

A lot of people go to the gym to sweat out a cold and flu. They're the ones who create this problem.

by Anonymousreply 312/28/2012

I thought everyone in my gym had a cold because of all the snot snorting. Turns out most of them were doing lines.

by Anonymousreply 412/28/2012
Need more help? Click Here.