Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"Michael Douglas Ignores Dying Liberace Lover"

I guess Scott Thorson needed a couple of thousand bucks from the Enquirer and this was the easiest way to get it...

[quote]MICHAEL DOUGLAS snubs SCOTT THORSON, terminally ill for­mer lover of piano legend LIBERACE – even though he’s starring in a movie based on a book written by the dying man! Thorson, who was diag­nosed with advanced anal cancer in August, was Liberace’s lover from 1976 to 1982. His book, “Be­hind the Candelabra: My Life with Liberace,” is the ba­sis of an upcoming HBO film that stars Douglas as the flam­boyant performer.

[quote]But even though the “Wall Street” ac­tor is a fellow cancer sufferer, sources say he rebuffed Thor­son’s request to visit him on the set. “All I wanted do was was meet Michael and talk to him about my cancer,” Thor­son, 54, explained to The ENQUIRER. “But I was bluntly told it would be im­possible. That really hurt.”

by Anonymousreply 3312/28/2012

Douglas will find someway to blame this all on Diandra.

Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 112/28/2012

No reason to get all butt hurt about it

by Anonymousreply 212/28/2012

Why is Michael Douglas obliged to talk to him about his cancer, while he is working?

Why can't he call him and ask to see him as any person would if they desire to contact and speak with them? Do you respond to people calling on you at work who you do not know?

Remember, this is the Inquirer.

by Anonymousreply 312/28/2012

Why is Douglas in any way responsible for this person?

And what kind of ... cancer... are we talking about?

by Anonymousreply 412/28/2012

Ahhemm, Michael has a lot on his plate.

by Anonymousreply 512/28/2012

Anal cancer ?

Is that the same a prostate cancer ?

by Anonymousreply 612/28/2012

Scott has quite a resume, the type of resume that Michael Douglas wouldn't want to be around, esp with his son facing a long sentence for drug addiction.

Thorson was involved in the Wonderland coke murders with John Holmes. He wasn't portrayed in Boogie Nights but he was showed up at Eddie Nash's house after Nash had been robbed. He watched them beat up John Holmes so they could get the address of the Wonderland Gang out of him, which they did. Thorson said Nash threatened to kill him if he snitched about what he witnessed.

by Anonymousreply 712/28/2012

If it was in The Enquirer, then it must be true.

by Anonymousreply 812/28/2012

[quote]Anal cancer?

[quote]Is that the same as prostate cancer?

Nope. It's cancer of the anus. It's what killed Farrah.

by Anonymousreply 912/28/2012

He's got the ass-cancer.

by Anonymousreply 1012/28/2012

Scott Thorson's mooch-tastic!

by Anonymousreply 1212/28/2012

Why would Michael Douglas be expected to care about this man's cancer?

This falls into the same category of that dumb girl taking those hideous little trinkets to the parents of the dead Newtown children.

I'll also include the little Make A Wish kid who decided Ina Garten owed him.

These people are invasive and should not get public sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 1312/28/2012

If you don't know that the Douglas family is anything but selfish lowlifes, you don't know much.

by Anonymousreply 1412/28/2012

[quote]That really hurt.

Not as much as the ass cancer does I bet.

by Anonymousreply 1512/28/2012

Mike wants that gold statue named Oscar. If he has to play a f*g to get it he desperate to do it but that doesn't mean he'll be buddy-buddy with anyone of us.

by Anonymousreply 1612/28/2012

R16, he won't be getting an Oscar for this movie -- it's for HBO, not for movie theaters.

by Anonymousreply 1712/28/2012

Douglas has Oscars for Best Actor and for producing Best Picture "One Flew Over The Cookoo's Nest".

Thorson is a whore.

by Anonymousreply 1812/28/2012

He already has an Oscar anyway. He produced One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and collected a statuette when it won Best Picture.

by Anonymousreply 1912/28/2012

Was Michael supposed to be dead of cancer by now?

Does chemo also wipe away empathy?

by Anonymousreply 2012/28/2012

Mike wants a gold statue named Emmy. If he has to play a f*g to get it he is that desperate to do it but that doesn't mean he'll be buddy-buddy with anyone of us.

by Anonymousreply 2112/28/2012

I think Mr. Douglas should be forced to take this poor man in and pay his way. What is this country coming to? The nerve!

by Anonymousreply 2212/28/2012

R22 is right. That goes for everyone else who has cancer. MD needs to listen to our problems and support all of us.

by Anonymousreply 2312/28/2012

What would it cost MD to have a half an hour chat with the man.

Is MD just so special that he can't take a few moments away to visit with the terminal person?

by Anonymousreply 2412/28/2012

Well he has no problem collecting a paycheck off of the guy. If Thorson didn't write the book, Douglas wouldn't have this job.

Take five minutes and talk to the guy. Don't be an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 2512/28/2012

So let me get this straight: Michael Douglas, who has had a long and mostly distinguished acting career, doesn't want a pow-wow with a dead guy's house whore?

And this is news WHY?

by Anonymousreply 2612/28/2012

R22 = Patricia Heaton

R23 = Michelle Bachmann

by Anonymousreply 2712/28/2012

Does anal cancer come from a lot of anal sex? I think breaking down the tissue of your anus repeatedly over years must have some bad side effects. The vagina is lined with a different type of tissue and lubricates itself. Maybe it's a lack of lube? I'm serious.

by Anonymousreply 2812/28/2012

R27 = Seb White

by Anonymousreply 2912/28/2012

The people I knew that have had anal cancer over the years or wrecked rectums as they liked to joke were bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 3012/28/2012

R28: In many cases, the HPV virus is responsible. Many, not all.

by Anonymousreply 3112/28/2012

Wait, so Farrah Fawcett had a lot of anal sex?

by Anonymousreply 3212/28/2012

It's more common in women R28. As R31 said, it's becoming more prevalent because of HPV, so make your tricks wear a condom.

by Anonymousreply 3312/28/2012
Need more help? Click Here.