Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Openly Gay Arizona Sheriff Paul Babeu "The NRA is correct. We need a cop in every school"

Sheriff Babeu said we have created "sitting duck zones" at schools and said training and arming principals who are willing is the best way to help protect students and teachers. "Why not use these people we trust if they are willing to protect themselves and our children?" he said.

Sheriff Babeu said he does not think limiting gun ownership or automatic weapons is the answer.

"We have a people problem, not a gun problem."

See link for the full interview on video

by Anonymousreply 2512/28/2012

You americans are fucked up if you can't even trust your own citizens not to kill school children.

by Anonymousreply 112/28/2012

I wouldn't take that job on a bet as an educator.

Yeah, what sort of lawsuits am I exposing myself to if I accidentally hit and kill a child with "friendly fire?"

Fuck that shit .. I not paid enough as it is for what I am asked to do already.

Would I get 100% immunity? Even then, I would not want killing a child accidentally on my conscience.

by Anonymousreply 212/28/2012

Aside from all of the ethical and moral concerns, we can't afford to pay for our current educational system that's been going to hell for years. How are we going to pay for armed guards when our school buildings are falling down?

by Anonymousreply 312/28/2012

Is that sheriff who threatened his ex-boyfriend and that's how he was outed? I hope he goes back in the closet. We don't need morons like him.

by Anonymousreply 412/28/2012

Well maybe not every school, just the predominately white ones. The black schools are full of guns already.

by Anonymousreply 512/28/2012

Apparently not, R5.

Or have you not been paying attention?

by Anonymousreply 612/28/2012

[quote]Is that sheriff who threatened his ex-boyfriend and that's how he was outed?

Yep. And his own sister has accused him of fucking underage twinks when he was the headmaster at a private school for troubled teens.

by Anonymousreply 712/28/2012

Please don't fucking link to that cunt Erin Burnett's show. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 812/28/2012

Erin is NOT doing the interview. She is on her honeymoon.

by Anonymousreply 912/28/2012

"outfront" is her show. note the website name.

by Anonymousreply 1012/28/2012

Yes but someone is dubbing for her in that segment, because she is on her honeymoon.

by Anonymousreply 1112/28/2012

The chance that your kid will die in a school shooting is about a million to one. We need to arm every school because of a statistical anomaly? Your kid has a greater chance of being struck by lightning. And since mass shootings happen at malls and office buildings and parking lots should we arm those places, too?

It's kind of like how people freak out over "registered sex offenders" when kids are more likely to be molested by a family member than they are by a stranger.

by Anonymousreply 1212/28/2012

Wait, I thought republicans were against higher taxes. Who do they think is going to pay for a cop in every school?

Also, what planet of magical thinking do these guys live on? Why do they think that the people they hire to shoot in schools are going to be expert marksmen who only take out the perp?

Look at the Empire State Building shooting. The cops were responsible for shooting 9 bystanders, and cops, one assumes, are trained to use guns.

by Anonymousreply 1312/28/2012

Well so getting the AIDS is a long shot but people get it all the time. So is winning the Powerball, but someone wins it all the time.

Stop with the racist crap already.

by Anonymousreply 1412/28/2012

The producers must scrape the bottoms for content at year-end.

by Anonymousreply 1512/28/2012

Gays can be just as wrong on this issue as straights.

by Anonymousreply 1612/28/2012

gay doesn't equal smart, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 1712/28/2012

He is retired military, deep in the closet until outed by the scandal. He likes young Mexican guys, so do I. He is a right winger. I think he is hot. I will give him this. When he was outed he stood before the cameras, his deputies standing behind him and faced these accusations head on. He had declared for a congressional seat and was Romneys man in Arizona. He dropped out of the house race and ran to be reelected as sheriff and won in a very conservative county.

by Anonymousreply 1812/28/2012

He was never openly gay. Just the opposite, deep deep in the closet. He was outed and in no way leads an open gay life.

by Anonymousreply 1912/28/2012

[quote]Is that sheriff who threatened his ex-boyfriend and that's how he was outed?

Yup, he is no saint himself.

by Anonymousreply 2012/28/2012

He would say say that...considering he was fucking a 17 year old student at a school where he used to work. By all means, let the foxes guard the CHICKEN coops!

by Anonymousreply 2112/28/2012

He's a criminal. Typical conservative, who's in trouble with the law. They don't know when to disappear. They're too fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 2212/28/2012

NRA troll tread.

by Anonymousreply 2312/28/2012

Sheriff Paul Babeu is a psychotic anti-gay gay. He needs a lesson in humanity, in a dark alley.

by Anonymousreply 2412/28/2012

What a charming guy.

by Anonymousreply 2512/28/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!