Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Delhi Gang Rape Victim - apparently she is near death

Given she already has multiple organ failure and permanent injuries and extreme suffering, I hope she dies. The streets are already filled with protesters - something has been unleashed over there. And in death she would become a very strong martyr, hopefully causing even more lasting impact and change in India than the rallies so far.

by Anonymousreply 15001/07/2013

I read that she suffered severe brain damage too. I hope she dies to end the poor woman's misery.

by Anonymousreply 112/28/2012

The poor thing. What a way to depart this earth. This happened on a public bus. She was tossed from it once they finished. The protesters have been in the streets pretty much since it happened. I've read that the police and security services have been taken about by the intensity of the protests.

by Anonymousreply 312/28/2012

Straight men are disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 512/28/2012

The protesters are demanding the death penalty for the assailants. I don't know what the codified punishment for rape is there, but if she dies, then the perpetrators can be tried for murder, as well, and I believe. India does have the death penalty but Wiki says it's only been used three times since '95.

by Anonymousreply 612/28/2012

I know, R2, bad bad. But really - it's a case where death would have a galvanizing, forward-motion effect on the situation.

Whereas, non-death would just leave her suffering horribly for whatever kind of existence is possible with brain damage, no working kidneys, liver damage, etc. And wouldn't have as huge an impact.

by Anonymousreply 712/28/2012

What will it take to bring Americans to the streets?

I just don't get it. We are the worst sheep in the world. Even Russians and Chinese go out to protest, while we just sit in front of our TVs.

by Anonymousreply 812/28/2012

These rapists deserve death penalty.

by Anonymousreply 912/28/2012

I hope she lives and becomes an international leader.

by Anonymousreply 1012/28/2012

It's not just this one crime. Sexual assault of women is a huge problem in India - that's why the protests, which are calling for permanent legislative and societal changes, not just the death penalty for these particular attackers.

by Anonymousreply 1112/28/2012

Details? How old was the victim, who raped her and where?

by Anonymousreply 1212/28/2012

I agree with OP, i don't understand that "saving of life" when someone is in so horrible condition. Why they need to torture her even more?

by Anonymousreply 1312/28/2012

R12, it's easy to find details about the crime. The story has been in all the newspapers. Just google it.

by Anonymousreply 1412/28/2012

Apparently the bus system over there consists of public transit and also buses that are privately owned and operated. The bus that picked the couple up was driven by a group of men who were pretending to be public transit and when the couple boarded they beat the man and raped and beat the women while driving around the city. Yes they should all die.

by Anonymousreply 1512/28/2012

"Its just a different, but equally valid, culture over there. We should respect and celebrate all cultures."

Because Americans never commit gang rapes.

Oh, wait. They do.

by Anonymousreply 1612/28/2012

R16, if a rape started on a public bus in the U.S., it would be stopped with force. In fact, it wouldn't have even started in the first place. These people are lower than low.

by Anonymousreply 1712/28/2012

R18, link please to a gang rape happening on a public bus with no one stopping it. I'll wait.

by Anonymousreply 1912/28/2012

And ps why don't you move to India if its so great? Hope you like shitting on the street and wiping with your hands.

by Anonymousreply 2012/28/2012

What the fuck is wrong with you, R18? Why is condemning this crime "racist"? Or even conservative? You're a complete and utter moron.

I don't believe in the dealth penalty, so I simply hope that these pigs are caught and spend the rest of their lives being ass-raped in prison.

For the victim, I also hope she dies. Not because it would "galvanize" anything but beause I think she has a right to release from the pain.

by Anonymousreply 2112/28/2012

These gang-rapes of women while police stand by are a trail crime against all of humanity.

by Anonymousreply 2412/28/2012

"And ps why don't you move to India if its so great?"

When did I say I wanted to move to India? I didn't, you racist redneck retard.

I merely pointed out that terrible crimes happen everywhere, including the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 2612/28/2012

R25, the WHOLE POINT is that it happened in a public space, not in some backroom at a bar. You're such a PC piece of shit, its people like you who have allowed this kind of behavior to slide for so long. you're probably also OK with honor killings, female genital mutilation and forced marriages, right?

by Anonymousreply 2712/28/2012

[quote]What will it take to bring Americans to the streets? I just don't get it. We are the worst sheep in the world. Even Russians and Chinese go out to protest, while we just sit in front of our TVs.

Apparently, you were sleeping on your couch a few weeks ago when protesters were teargassed in Michigan. Or similar protests in Wisconsin. Or the protests after the death of Trayvan Martin. Or the protests after the Affordable Care Act passed. Your head must be buried pretty deep in the sand.

by Anonymousreply 2812/28/2012

And which of the first 17 posts attacked Indian people in general, you illiterate fucker at R25?

by Anonymousreply 2912/28/2012

The media doesn't cover our protests. Protests and unrest only happen "over there".

by Anonymousreply 3012/28/2012

Inja is also racist to Mohammadians

by Anonymousreply 3112/28/2012

R28, none of those protest were as widespread or as massive as the ones going on in India right now.

If fear that if the killing of little children didn't wake us up, nothing will.

by Anonymousreply 3212/28/2012

Good morning! Did nobody read R15? Apparently it was not a public bus, but a rapist crime bus. Something that IS less likely to exist in broad day light in western countries, of course. But this is not a story of nobody helping the victim. Sounds like there were no onlookers.

Anyway, the situation in India seems to be especially bad, which is the whole point of the protesters.

by Anonymousreply 3412/28/2012

India is a huge, complex and dynamic nation. Some of the people are modern and have a much more 21st century view of women's rights. Others are pretty much the same as Pakistan, holding a mindset of centuries ago.

The protests' target is not just rape, it is also how victims are treated when/if they report it, and how justice is carried/miscarried in the courts, and how some communities blame/punish the victims' families. When a woman is raped in India, and sadly in many parts of the world, the rape itself is only part of the damage inflicted.

That's why this huge wave of protests, led mainly by younger women, is so remarkable. It really could make a difference.

by Anonymousreply 3612/28/2012

[quote]Indian men are immature, repressed, and generally fucked up about sexual matters. There is no 'off' switch once they are aroused

I've experienced this first hand. One guy from Mumbai who was a new hire at MS; the other some sort of engineer. Both educated and new to the States and both very polite and well-mannered in public until I was alone with them. It was like fending off a couple of octopuses with all the grabbing, clumsy kissing and begging.

by Anonymousreply 3912/28/2012

[quote]Its just a different, but equally valid, culture over there. We should respect and celebrate all cultures.

As opposed to a culture where believing in "legitimate" rape will get you almost 40% of the vote in a lily white state. Or a culture where believing in bringing a pregnancy to term in case of rape will get you a VP nom of a major political party.

But yeah, let's pretend you're making a point rather than being a bigoted jackass who pretends trying to control women is exclusive to other cultures.

by Anonymousreply 4012/28/2012

R40 those views were seen as batshit, not validated in the wider culture. Keep reaching.

by Anonymousreply 4112/28/2012

R40 why are you arguing for this? WHY IS GANG RAPE OK TO YOU? Why is a public gang rape equivalent to what a few idiot politicians say? I hope you get gang raped and infected.

by Anonymousreply 4212/28/2012

[quote]If westerners knew the real history of yoga--that it is sexist, that the yogis were all drug addicts, and that the whole point of it is to conjure up devils--no one would do this shit.

Eh wot? Is this a troll, or are you some nutty fundie like Mark Driscoll, who believes hatha yoga is demonic? I grew up doing yoga with the wonderful Lilias Folan on TV and I am not possessed by any demons. I also am not concerned with kundalini anything.

It's true that yoga was developed by males for the male body, but since Gita Iyengar women have been adapting the exercises for the female body.

by Anonymousreply 4312/28/2012

Congratulation, OP. You got your wish.

She's dead.

by Anonymousreply 4412/28/2012

[quote]"if a rape started on a public bus in the U.S., it would be stopped with force"

Oh bullshit!

Put a Letterman's jacket on each of the rapists and have the setting be a frathouse and not only would no one stop the rape, but the school would do everything to protect the rapists.

We couldn't even get an assistant football coach or a janitor to stop an old guy from raping a child in the shower. And not only was it NOT stopped, but that school let him rape little kids for years.

Burn in hell, "JoePa." BURN. IN. HELL.

by Anonymousreply 4512/28/2012

R12, here you go, your poor, helpless soul.

by Anonymousreply 4612/28/2012

R45, is a frathouse a public bus? Is a shower at Penn State a public bus?

by Anonymousreply 4712/28/2012

There's another Indian girl whose rape has made headline. This girl was pressured by the police to marry one of her attackers. They also pressured her to drop the complaint.

She committed suicide a few days ago. When I read the article, I thought I was reading the same gang-rape victim.

by Anonymousreply 4812/28/2012

She's dead. And now the rapists will go free as Indian courts are corrupt and incompetent without a direct witness with physical evidence. What a sham/what a shame.

by Anonymousreply 4912/28/2012

I read that:

'Reported rape cases have increased drastically over the past 40 years -- from 2,487 in 1971 to 24,206 in 2011, according to official figures. New Delhi alone reported 572 rapes last year and more than 600 in 2012.'

Gang rapists should be forever in jail. They are not human beings,they didn't act like human beings. People must put chains on them, they deserve to rot in a cage.

by Anonymousreply 5012/28/2012

"if a rape started on a public bus in the U.S., it would be stopped with force"

[quote]Oh bullshit!

Have you ever ridden a public bus in the U.S.? The drivers do not put up with any crap. They will stop the bus and either take care of it themselves or call the cops.

by Anonymousreply 5112/28/2012

Another girl committed suicide over being gang raped.

by Anonymousreply 5212/28/2012

r47 as much as we like to think that it wouldn't happen in the US, I'm not so sure. The man who was pushed off the subway and tried to climb back up -- no one tried to help him even though some were standing closer (than the infamous photographer).

You have crime victims who scream for help and neighbors closing the windows so they don't have to hear the scream. This is the reason why it's better to scream "FIRE!" than help.

by Anonymousreply 5312/28/2012

I remember hearing stuff like this in the '70s from religious fundamentalists in the U.S. In the late '80s or early '90s an Italian court attributed a woman's rape to the tight clothing she was wearing. How far behind us are they?

[quote]Abhijit Mukherjee, the president’s son and a Member of the Indian Parliament, dismissed the current anti-rape protesters in the capital Delhi calling them "dented and painted women" who frequented discos, implying that the protests smacked of tokenism.

Seems to be a common theme. Back in '08:

[quote]When women took to the streets to protest following co-ordinated attacks in Mumbai in 2008, Muqtar Abbas Naqvi, a politician from the opposition BJP, said: "Some women wearing lipstick and powder have taken to the streets in Mumbai and are abusing politicians and spreading dissatisfaction... This is what terrorists are doing in Kashmir."

by Anonymousreply 5412/28/2012

R47 It wasn't a public bus. It was a private bus/coach company which seemed to be touting for business. In the account I read there were curtains which were drawn so noone could see in to see what was happening to the two passengers. India needs many different types of new legislation and one of them is far tighter controls on private companies trying to operate often illegal forms of public transport. It is a disgusting crime but you cannot really blame the public for not jumping in to help as it wasn't exactly public. Only the perpetrators and victims saw what happened.

by Anonymousreply 5512/28/2012

R51? I took NYC mass transit for years when I was in school and I still take the bus on occasion. If you asked me if I thought the driver would do anything when I was back in school, I'd say yes. These days, no one helps anyone - they're only looking for "youtube" opportunities.

A guy gets pushed on the tracks and instead of trying to help him, they pull out smartphones.

A gang rape on the bus by a bunch of animals would not be stopped by the driver.

by Anonymousreply 5612/28/2012

I remember when 'The Amazing Race' would travel to India and force female contestants to take the(crowded with men) train. They've since stopped doing it because the Indian men were so pervy in that environment; every contestant male and female made note of it.

by Anonymousreply 5712/28/2012

I remember reading about a ferry that capsized in India and a female survivor who said that even as they were drowning the Indian men were molesting her in the water.

by Anonymousreply 5912/28/2012

Is this some kind of contest?

They are hugely fucked up over there on gender issues. Killing of widows, selective abortions of female fetuses, etc. Enough of this respecting other cultures bullshit. If this was a racial issue instead of gender the country would be an outcast like south Africa was a few years back.

by Anonymousreply 6012/28/2012

Hoping for someone to die...welcome to DL.

by Anonymousreply 6112/28/2012

Oh, bu--utt--bbut--India is so spiritual and they know about chakras!

India is so exotic, there are cows shitting everywhere in the streets! They are so evolved!

I'm oh so glad that the Beatles brought this oh-so enlightened culture to young, impressionable western teenagers.

by Anonymousreply 6212/28/2012

Do they do boys?

by Anonymousreply 6312/28/2012

Racism is not the issue here or wether the U.S is better than India. The issue is the atrocious treatment of women after they are raped, no country is perfect but our elected leaders along with most of the civilized world would not find it acceptable to pressure victims to marry the attacker or worse not bring charges against the perp. India needs to address this issue if it wants to become modernized.

I'm at least relieved that this poor woman is at rest now, I hope that her death along with the other victims will spur change.

by Anonymousreply 6412/28/2012

R53, you're comparing an event that lasted less than a minute to a crime that would have taken almost an hour. No how, no way would an American bus driver let that transpire on his/her bus. Neither would American passengers let that happen without hitting 911 on their cell phones. (Yes, I've read the news and know the Indian crime was on a private vehicle under false pretenses.)

And American cops would not get away with refusing to take reports of rape, which has happened repeatedly in India. The recent suicide victim was unable to file a report for two weeks because the Indian cops refused. When they finally did take the complaint, they were abusive. That is not a rarity in India. Check out the Times of India a few times. You should be able to find stories of lower caste women whose rape complaints were ignored.

You know full well that that would not be tolerated in the U.S. Not only would the locals complain, but a mouthpiece lawyer would appear to file a lawsuit.

by Anonymousreply 6512/28/2012

[quote]I'm oh so glad that the Beatles brought this oh-so enlightened culture to young, impressionable western teenagers.

You're a bit...stupid. I mean India is fucked up, but still, you're a bit...stupid

by Anonymousreply 6612/28/2012

[quote]They are hugely fucked up over there on gender issues. Killing of widows, selective abortions of female fetuses, etc. Enough of this respecting other cultures bullshit. If this was a racial issue instead of gender the country would be an outcast like south Africa was a few years back.

If they think they have a problem now wait several more years after killing thousands of female fetus making the gender balance way out of whack. They need more women in that country not less. What kind of insanity is that that you'd want a country filled with more males when that kind of rampant misogyny so already going on?

People should speak up about this. There should be international support for these women.

by Anonymousreply 6812/28/2012

I thought that the victims were beaten up with iron rods, which would explain her head trauma.

[quote][R53], you're comparing an event that lasted less than a minute to a crime that would have taken almost an hour.

I hope they prosecute the driver of the private bus. It's worth repeating that there was no one else on the bus except for the victims and their attackers/killers.

by Anonymousreply 6912/28/2012

from the article cited

[quote]The woman and a male friend were traveling in a public bus after watching a film on the evening of Dec. 16 when they were attacked by six men who took turns raping her. They also beat the couple and inserted an iron rod into her body resulting in severe organ damage. Both of them were then stripped and thrown off the bus, according to police.

by Anonymousreply 7112/28/2012

You just know that the people on here trying to claim the US is like India in its attitude towards rape are not women.

by Anonymousreply 7212/28/2012

Every article I read said that they mistook the private bus for a public one.

by Anonymousreply 7312/28/2012

If she lost both her small and large intestine, it means they stuck the iron rod up both holes, probably before and after fucking them both, if gangrene set in so quickly. Classy.

by Anonymousreply 7412/28/2012

I hope there's a violent reaction from the ladies of India. Just mutilate rapist after rapist.

by Anonymousreply 7512/28/2012

Gang rape is a daily occurrence in India. I wonder why this case caught so much attention.

by Anonymousreply 7612/28/2012

Where are the monsters who did this? Were they caught?

by Anonymousreply 7712/28/2012

[quote]Okay so why do men across the globe, and this shit does happen all over the globe to an alarming degree, hate women so much? Why are they such targets for this kind of brutality and wrath? What is going on with these men? I really want to know.

Picking on someone weaker just like they do with gays!!!! Women are a minority group in many places just like gays although they aren't a minority in size.

Rape is mostly about power and I bet you every one of those scumnags are bottom of the scale but they had a chance to feel powerful over someone, just like every other guy anywhere who abuses kids, women and yes, other men too.

by Anonymousreply 7812/28/2012

a woman was raped on a LA bus not too long ago.

by Anonymousreply 7912/28/2012

She has died.

by Anonymousreply 8012/28/2012

This kind of thing is also happening regularly in Africa. Many women mutilated by gang rapes but some are surviving after having the wall between their vagina and anus ripped apart.

by Anonymousreply 8112/28/2012

We know, R80. Did you even bother reading the thread?

by Anonymousreply 8212/28/2012

Muslims have gang-raped white women in Australia and France. Don't be a politically-correct jerk and deny this, it's happening.

And the intent is to damage them for life.

by Anonymousreply 8312/28/2012

What kind of life would she have had had she lived? Severe depression from the trauma; the stigma of being a rape victim is no small burden in India; the years of (painful) medical procedures to endure.

Such savagery.

by Anonymousreply 8412/28/2012

I read the thread, r82, but nobody bothered to post a link.

by Anonymousreply 8512/28/2012

true r81. South Africa is the world's rape capital. Its murder rate is one of the highest in the world.

by Anonymousreply 8612/28/2012

Link please, R83.

by Anonymousreply 8712/28/2012

R87, the Australian incidents were infamous. I've linked to a Wikipedia article. There are plenty of newspaper articles to be found easily.

The French gang rapes I've seen in the news have been Muslim against Muslim women who were deemed to be straying (acting like Western women).

by Anonymousreply 8812/28/2012

In many parts of the world, women, children, and gays are subject to the most vile treatment daily at the hands of straight males. Sanctioned by government, religion, patriarchal attitudes.

Most of the HIV females in Africa were infected by men/husbands. It is commonly believed that having sex with a virgin will cure HIV so many rapes occur.

Child sex trade/rape trade is common.

Stop going on about fish and realize that most women live under the real threat of violence. Much of it fueled by the same sick hetero male values that fuel homophobic violence.

by Anonymousreply 8912/28/2012

God, what a cesspool India is. It's the last place on earth I would ever visit. Backward, disgusting, piggish men. Smelly, shit filled streets, grinding poverty, dead bodies floating in the river people bath and drink from. {{{shudder}}}. If I'm ever reincarnated, I'd rather come back as a dog living in America than a human living in India.

by Anonymousreply 9012/28/2012

I seriously would give the death penalty to rapists. What good is a man capable of rape to society anyhow?

by Anonymousreply 9112/28/2012

[r67]: straight MEN not straight people. Why are men so coy about calling out the gender of perpetrators of rape who are almost exclusively MALE?

by Anonymousreply 9212/28/2012

So, you'd put most Indian men to death then, R91? From the sound of things, they all seem capable--as though it is their right.

by Anonymousreply 9312/28/2012

[r93]: yes, I would. Rapists forfeit the right to live; without them, the world would be a MUCH better place.

by Anonymousreply 9412/28/2012

It is their belief in Karma and reincarnation that allows them to rationalize their evil behavior (woman's fault) and yet, this shitty and retarded belief system has been slowly introduced into this country via Oprah and her minions.

Western women have it the best, and should defend their western culture at all costs.

by Anonymousreply 9512/28/2012

If anyone is interested, there was a great journalist and essayist named Jack Holland (he's since passed) who wrote an incredible book about misogyny, trying to explain why it exists and tracing its origin and perpetuation throughout history.

He goes through the centuries and different cultures and civilizations, he touches a lot on religion too, and the modern developing World's attitude to women and why it exists.

It was one of the greatest books about the subject I've ever read, and it was written from a male perspective which was incredibly interesting to read.

It's called Misogyny: The World's Oldest Prejudice

by Anonymousreply 9612/28/2012

It is the best current standard in the world r95, there is still much work to be done though.

I watched a documentary about the rapes and gang rapes that happened in war and conflict. 20 000 to 50 000 in the Bosnian conflict, an estimated 250 000 to 500 000 thousand in the Rwandan conflict.

The shit women have had to go through throughout history is insane.

And men should be pissed too, not just about what's happening to women, but the never spoken but still entirely true reality that the majority of violence perpetrated against men today and throughout history has been at the hands of other men. I don't understand why nobody ever points that out.

It's also why I don't understand the current and historical hatred against women. Most of the horrible things that have happened to men, were perpetrated by other men.

by Anonymousreply 9712/28/2012

Sad, people like our uber-wing nut Republicans would approve of India's turning the blind eye on rape. This is how they want this country to be run.

by Anonymousreply 9912/28/2012

Here's the thing - sexuality is really not displayed in India. Kissing in public is taboo - and talking about sex is forbidden as well.

This is almost as bad as Middle Eastern countries - which has similar issues. And yet prostitution abounds.

I don't get it.

And those fuckers should be tortured themselves until they die. Fuck them with iron rods up their assholes.

by Anonymousreply 10012/28/2012

[quote]What will it take to bring Americans to the streets?

A Super Bowl or World Series championship victory.

by Anonymousreply 10112/28/2012

So we need the athletes to get radical to forment revolution?

by Anonymousreply 10212/28/2012

I agree with others, the rapists are not even human. They need to be executed. I can't fathom how they could grab a stranger and be so evil to her. Evil really is the only word to describe their behavior.

by Anonymousreply 10312/28/2012

BREAKING: She's dead.

by Anonymousreply 10412/28/2012

Thanks for the book recommendation. When I go to the library tomorrow, I'll see if they have a copy.

by Anonymousreply 10512/29/2012

Execution is too good for these assholes. They should be separated from their male parts by multiple blows from an iron rod.

by Anonymousreply 10612/29/2012

Perhaps some peg sitting lessons? Starting small and moving up until death.

by Anonymousreply 10712/29/2012

The poor woman. Her family had apparently been doing without to help her pay for her studies, and had never travelled by air or visited a foreign land until they were taken to visit her in hospital. How goddamn tragic that this happened so they could be by her bedside while she died.

by Anonymousreply 10812/29/2012

It's totally taboo to say how horriblily some countries and cultures treat women. Women suffer from mistreatment everywhere, but it is much worse in certain places/cultures.

by Anonymousreply 10912/29/2012

What you say is true 109 but if you look at our society we perpetuate the woman as object, less than human too. In our culture you see sexualized young woman everywhere. It is such an intrenched part of our culture most of us probably don't see it anymore.

When porn and strip clubs became mainstream and became cool to talk about in movies, tv and in rap songs (thanks Howard Stern you rotting piece of garbage) it made the trading of female flesh into a joke, into something that made women and men cool who didn't make a big deal out of it. No one seemed to notice that it just further cemented the fact that being used for sex is still one of the main ways available to a woman even in our great society to fend for herself and any children she is left with by men who refuse to take care of their progeny. These women who probably have been raped or molested in their lives. Just because it looks different over here doesn't make it any better.

by Anonymousreply 11012/29/2012

There is sexism and mistreatment of women everywhere, but it is definitely worse in other countries. Read human rights websites. It gets little attention in the mainstream (and even in left alternative press) because it is taboo. Huge amount of rapes, murder. Woman is raped than blamed for it or murdered. Child brides. Women not allowed to leave the house without a man. Acid attacks. Burning women. No chance for legal justice whatsoever.

In Western countries, epecially the US all of the newer sexism against women was started with the backlash against women and women's rights of the 1980s. All of that crap porn thug culture is unquestioned and celebrated because of that, and money.

by Anonymousreply 11112/29/2012

Of course bad things happen in the US too, and the US does have it's ridiculous hip-hop urban "hood" culture that denigrates women...but there is no equivalency between the US and India (or for that matter Pakistan, the Middle East) and the treatment of women. None. Zero.

To say so, is an insult to women of those countries.

by Anonymousreply 11212/29/2012

I could not agree more. (We posted at about the same time with the same thoughts).

by Anonymousreply 11312/29/2012

Yes - I thought your post was good, too, R112. We speak the truth!

by Anonymousreply 11412/29/2012

The men have been charged with murder and face the Death Penalty if convicted.

by Anonymousreply 11512/29/2012

by Anonymousreply 11612/29/2012

I never understood the concept of calling humans, who have been accused of some heinous crime, "animals"? We are capable of the full spectrum of "human" behavior and that includes rape and murder..

by Anonymousreply 11712/29/2012

I'm actually surprised that they found the animals that did this.

by Anonymousreply 11812/29/2012

There was an incident in Toronto a couple years ago where 4 or 5 South Asian guys in a van pulled a young woman off a busy downtown street and raped her. I don't think they were ever caught.

The shocking part to me is how one guy can suggest this to his buddies and they all think it's a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 11912/29/2012

It appears that the group of men might not have all known each other, aside from the two brothers. Their photos and identities will be published at some point:

[quote]The suspects in the rape - five men, including two brothers, aged between 20 and 40, and a 15-year-old - were arrested within hours of the attack and are in custody. The suspects, all from a slum in south Delhi, will be formally charged with murder, New Delhi Deputy Commissioner of Police Chhaya Sharma told Reuters.

by Anonymousreply 12012/29/2012

So sad she has died. And of course, it it is horribly sad that this happened to her or anyone. Only humans do this kind of shit to each other. Yet we are superior to every other being...?

by Anonymousreply 12112/29/2012

This puzzles me too, R119. How do these men find each other? How does one man dare to suggest something like this with the risk of his buddies thinking he's a piece of shit for even saying it? Or is this kind of misogyny simply so widespread in some cultures that you can more or less expect everyone to be accepting of the idea?

by Anonymousreply 12212/29/2012

Land of enchantment!

by Anonymousreply 12312/29/2012

r112 in no way was I comparing Western women with other women in the world who suffer brutality at the hands of men. My intention was to point out that we don't really show respect to women either. We should be better than we are in regards to women and how they are treated by men. There is still a culture in our civilized society that blames the victims etc.

No there is no comparison, but we need to clean up the misogynism in our own country as well. We should be a better example. The world watches us you know? We need to give them something better to look at as an example.

by Anonymousreply 12512/29/2012

R124 = American pedo.

by Anonymousreply 12612/29/2012

agree R125

by Anonymousreply 12712/29/2012

R4's viewpoint is so stereotypically Republican. Why do Republicans love rape so much?

by Anonymousreply 12812/29/2012

See photo No 6. Average numbers say every 22 min that there is a reported rape in India.

The young woman was questioned by the police several times and was able to describe her attackers and give a statement. There is a video recording of the bus in question. Those things helped the police in catching the rapist/murderers.

by Anonymousreply 12912/29/2012

[quote] Average numbers say every 22 min that there is a reported rape in India.

Sorry about that.

On average, there is a rape reported every 22 min.

by Anonymousreply 13012/29/2012

It's nice to see so many men in those photos, R130. I'm glad the good, decent men are just as outraged as the women are.

by Anonymousreply 13112/29/2012

jesus. is the male gender really needed any longer? how many children, women, animals have to die or be abused because some dick has to spew.

enough already.

by Anonymousreply 13212/29/2012

Watch what a Delhi high court lawyer says about law and rape in India, and it will be perfectly clear why things are so fucked up over there. He is basically saying: was it rape rape?

The women's rights activist just shakes her head in disbelief.

Starts 7 min. in:

by Anonymousreply 13312/29/2012

US in No2 in the world in reported rape cases. I had no idea. South Africa, where every fourth male admit to rape, is No1.

by Anonymousreply 13412/29/2012

admit - admits

by Anonymousreply 13512/29/2012

[quote]I never understood the concept of calling humans, who have been accused of some heinous crime, "animals"? We are capable of the full spectrum of "human" behavior and that includes rape and murder..

Most of us wouldn't behave the way a cat plays with it's prey.

by Anonymousreply 13612/29/2012

Those numbers have little meaning. They don't say what the total population is for each country and they are only showing the numbers for REPORTED rapes. In places like India, probably only 1 in a 1000 are reported because of the intense shaming/blaming of the victim and the uphill battle victims face with the police and courts.

by Anonymousreply 13712/29/2012

What about Newtown, that was worse 'cause it was kids.

by Anonymousreply 13812/29/2012

What about Newtown? We're discussing rape.

by Anonymousreply 13912/29/2012

Reported rapes r134. Imagine in countries that do not encourage reports!

by Anonymousreply 14012/29/2012

r38 , WTF, yoga demons?

by Anonymousreply 14112/29/2012

Well she is now dead.

by Anonymousreply 14212/29/2012

The lady that pushed the Injun guy in the subway pit and killed him said, she did it because she didn't like Injuns, from Inja that is, not American Natives.

by Anonymousreply 14412/30/2012

R122, it's the power of group think. Idiot, low-class males are especially prone to following the leader.

As mentioned above, if the civilized part of the world reacted to the horrific treatment of women the same way they reacted to apartheid in South Africa, this would be a much better world. Women are worthless beyond their ability to fuck and reproduce in about 95% of the world but no one fucking cares.

by Anonymousreply 14512/30/2012

by Anonymousreply 14612/31/2012

"Why do Republicans love rape so much?"

The treatment of rape is actually one of the big differences between the kind of patriarchal, authoritarian society they admire, and a democratic, egalitarian society.

In an egalitarian soceity, a rapist recieves severe punishment for sexually violating someone. In an authoritarian, patriarchal society, the sexuality of dominant males is unchecked, and the victim is punished for being raped! Usually the victim is considered so dishonored that they lose everything, but in some places the courts actually punish women for being rape victims.

And not just women, read up on the "dancing boys of Afghanistan" etc. If a powerful man kidnaps and rapes a boy, the family may disown him for being dishonored, while nothing happens to the rapist.

by Anonymousreply 14712/31/2012

This girl was #1

#2 is Hillary

#3 is GW Bush

by Anonymousreply 14812/31/2012

Where can I buy toilet paper that doesn't make my butt itch?

I'm tired of always picking my seat.

I don't got to the movies till Sunday

by Anonymousreply 14912/31/2012

Her family revealed her identity. She was quite beautiful and, according to her parents, said in the hospital that she did not want to die.

by Anonymousreply 15001/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!