Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

DL Fatties, Weigh In!

Does it piss you off when you see fataphobic posts on here? How fat are you? Why are you fat?

by dingDONGSreply 3612/28/2012

by dingDONGSreply 112/28/2012

It doesn't piss me off because I know the only reason I am overweight is because of ME. It's a choice really. And if you choose to eat too much and be lazy, you'll be fat. I chose food over health. I have lost weight recently and have more to go, but at least I am on my way.

by dingDONGSreply 212/28/2012

Oh, hell no! I don't care what anybody says or writes about me, other fat men, or obesity in general. I am 58 years old, and I grew up when obesity was far less prevalent, and I garnered more attention than nowadays when the majority of people are fat. Does any asshole on DL or anywhere else think they can say anything that I have never heard before? The local photographer took pictures of all the newborn babies in the local hospital, and I was fat even in that first picture. At some point you just have to accept yourself the way you are. I am not going to commit suicide because most people don't like fatties. It's their problem, I'm here, I'm fat, and they can just get used to it. I understand that most people are not sexually interested in fat people, and it is not my top preference either. But I am certainly glad there are plenty of chubby-chasers out there, and it greatly enhances my life.

by dingDONGSreply 312/28/2012

lol OP

You little devil*

by dingDONGSreply 412/28/2012

Fuck off, OP. Your obsession with other people's bodies deserves attention, but only the kind provided by mental health professionals.

by dingDONGSreply 512/28/2012

I meant r2

by dingDONGSreply 712/28/2012

Sarcasm aside R3, there aren't plenty of chubby chasers out there. If you're fat in the gay world, you are single and sexless.

Yes, it hurts when people you don't even know throw scorn on you. Yes, it is my choice to be obese. I could exercise more, eat right, spend all my money on the outside of the supermarket instead of going for cheap on the inside aisles.

Generally, there is always one comment among the scorn that does hurt. It usually comes out of nowhere since, as an obese gay man, I have had to develop thick skin. I also tend to only eat at home or at fast food where I can drive thru since being in a restaurant is a horrifying experience. People stare, talk about you (so that you can hear them). I have had men stop at my table and give me tips for how to eat. Imagine a table of gay men being queeny and someone coming over and telling you all how to act more masculine?

So, to your questions OP. It doesn't piss me off, it hurts. I am 350 pounds. How did I get this way? It started with being 1 pound overweight, then 2, then 10, then thinking I would do something about it, but didn't. When I got to be 50 pounds overweight, I swore I would not get heavier, but I did. I am not going into all the reasons why, but there was depression. Then since I was alone and no one would date me, I ate to comfort myself. Then I was 100 pounds overweight. Then, you start to think, how can I lose all this weight? And you usually get more depressed.

Most of my friends are healthy and in relationships and don't have much time for me. One will occasionally ask if I want him to help me start to lose weight, go exercise, but they never follow through. I am so overweight, I am not comfortable going to a gym since I am sure the scorn there is even higher than when I drag my fat ass to a restaurant. And no, it is bullshit when people who are in great shape say that they think it is great when they see an obese person working out. They think we're disgusting and are afraid that they will catch the fatties from us by being near us or having our sweat touch them.

So, yes, I expect your scorn even though it hurts. Thus I avoid most social interaction. I know I am to blame, and that is why I generally avoid situations (including threads like this) that allow people to mock, scorn, or belittle me. My life sucks enough without people who don't know me feeling the need to eviscerate what little self-esteem I have left.

by dingDONGSreply 812/28/2012

Hugs and kisses r8. Don't care what your size, just love you.

by dingDONGSreply 912/28/2012

I agree with R9.

And R8, when I see an obese person at the gym, I think it's fantastic. Many times I want to give encouragement, but am afraid I'll come off as patronizing.

by dingDONGSreply 1012/28/2012

They'll sit on you, hon.

by dingDONGSreply 1112/28/2012

At Planet Fitness in Austin, there are lots of fatties of both sexes and nobody cares. The staff will help you with the equipment. It's pnly $10 a month. Hugs to you R8 and don't give up.

by dingDONGSreply 1212/28/2012

I dated a fat man once, who now lives in Austin with his wife; guess he was bi. He was very, very handsome, but, alas, tinymeat and arrogance= no thanks.

by dingDONGSreply 1312/28/2012

For R3.

by dingDONGSreply 1412/28/2012

Weigh it for yourself honey

by dingDONGSreply 1512/28/2012

[R3] [R9] Thank you both for your comments. It helps to know about your experience. I don't disrespect anyone on the basis of what they look like. I try not to criticize anyone because I don't walk in their shoes. Briefly I walked in your shoes and it gives me new respect for your struggle. We all have struggles, most not seen by others. You guys have to wear yours everyday.

by dingDONGSreply 1612/28/2012

In Chicago shark fins are illegal as of January 1st. Get them while you can boys

by dingDONGSreply 1712/28/2012

R8 here, I just re-read my post and I hope it doesn't read as a victim. I am far from playing the victim card. It is just some observations that I have seen. Unfortunately, there is no way to discuss it without someone seeing it as a victim issue. If I complain, then I am a victim. If I am trying to overcome it, then I am a victim.

My weight does impact my life, but that's because I let it. I am not a victim, I just get tired of watching people stare at me or whisper about it. As Eldergays might remember, Bette Midler did a bit before singing Hello in There, where she talked about a woman with a fried egg on her head. The woman begged for people not to notice, but if they did, don't let them talk. But if they did talk, don't let her hear.

That's the way I feel a lot of days. I just don't want to hear it anymore. I know what's wrong with me and I may or may not try to fix it, but I don't need smug-ass queens telling me how fat I am.

Thanks to those who mentioned that seeing someone working out doesn't bother them. Maybe I have just been to the wrong places. I may give it another try. Me personally, I would like for someone to approach me and help me, or offer to be a work out buddy.

And yes, R11, if I can find you, I sure as shit am going to sit on you!

by dingDONGSreply 1812/28/2012

[R18] You did not come across as a victim in any way.

by dingDONGSreply 1912/28/2012

I was 5'7 and 246 pounds last May. Now, I'm 5'7 and 160 pounds currently, still overweight (should be 140 according to BMI) and want to lose more. Did the comments bother me? No, I'm realizing how true they can be even if the way the majority of the comments are worded harshly.

by dingDONGSreply 2012/28/2012

Anyone here had their fat CoolScupted? I'm curious to hear.

by dingDONGSreply 2212/28/2012

The DLers who are most obsessed with weight tend to be the older ones, the ones who think "eldergay" wounds.

by dingDONGSreply 2312/28/2012

I'm not fat, I'm just big-boned!

by dingDONGSreply 2412/28/2012

[bold]How To Lose Weight[/bold]

Step 1: Stop buying fast/junk food, snacks, pastries, cheese, desserts, fried foods, prepared foods, pasta and carbs in general. Replace them with skinless chicken, fish, turkey, tofu, nuts, beans, and legumes. Eat approximately 6 oz from this category per meal, 3 times per day. Yogurt is excellent, too.

Step 2: Do buy vegetables...lots of them. Vegetables are your friends: broccoli, lettuce, spinach, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, eggplant, squash, asparagus, kale, collard greens, bell peppers, green beans, etc. This should be your #1 staple, about 5 cups per day. Buy a vegetarian cookbook for a variety of recipe ideas.

Step 3: Don't eat ANYTHING after 6 PM.

Step 4: Don't eat large meals! Spread your meals throughout the course of the day, from when you wake up until your last one (no later that 6 PM!).

Step 5: Drink lots and lots of water. Absolutely no sodas (not even diet) or sweetened drinks. Unsweetened tea is okay, on occasion.

Step 6: Get out of the house; go for walks, work in the yard; do something that requires you to exert a fair amount of energy for at least an hour at a time. Gradually, increase that time.

Step 7: Join a gym. Turn off the TV and go to the gym instead! Make sure to pick one where there are a variety of members, not just beefed up bodybuilders. Don't be shy to ask others for tips on using the machines! Remember, there are rude people anywhere, but there are many friendly and helpful people as well; don't let any single rude person discourage you. Always remember your mission!

Step 8: Keep diaries and logs: prepare your daily menu [bold]the day before[/bold]; keep track of your weight loss; write notes of encouragement to yourself in a journal.

Step 9: If possible, recruit a partner who can lose the weight with you.

Step 10: DO NOT GIVE UP. If you remain dedicated, [bold]you will lose weight![/bold]

Also: Get a check-up. You may have a condition (diabetes, hypertension, hyperthyroidism) that may be working against your attempt at weight loss and needs to be controlled. The older you are, the more important it is to get regular check-ups.

Ten simple steps. Follow them, and you will lose the weight, gain confidence, and enjoy a happier life. Good luck, and happy 2013!

by dingDONGSreply 2512/28/2012

It pisses me off in the sense that there are worse things than being fat, and that some fat people sincerely do the best they can. But you wouldn't know that it isn't just bigoted hatred that's being spewed by some (or most) of the posters in threads about weight. It doesn't make sense, and you aren't going to reduce the world's excessive body fat by going on extreme rants about your hatred of it and all the people who have it.

by dingDONGSreply 2612/28/2012

One more thing: NO ALCOHOL, or any other substance that depletes you of energy or causes you to become even more depressed. This may be difficult for some, but it is absolutely crucial.

by dingDONGSreply 2712/28/2012

I paid 2k for coolscultping on my upper and lower abs and it didn't do a damn thing.

by dingDONGSreply 2812/28/2012

Gays have a lot of self-hatred. They're basically women. They have nothing else but body image. A very shallow community.

by dingDONGSreply 2912/28/2012

R25... is that some judgment leveled at "gays" from the outside? Hrm?

by dingDONGSreply 3012/28/2012

Hey stupid R25, fat people know a lot more about healthy eating than you do. Nor do they eat any more of that stuff than you do.

What I hate is the automatic equation of obesity with bad health because it's clear to me looking around that this is untrue. And I'm not like a smoker who denies it's bad for them, although I do think it tends to be exaggerated since not a few but many smokers live to be 80 or 90 or even 100. But extra weight is really a help in keeping off those opportunistic diseases of cold and rain.

by dingDONGSreply 3112/28/2012

R25 sounds like a hoot. I'd rather be fat than go through all that horseshit.

by dingDONGSreply 3212/28/2012

R 30 through 32: R25 was a post for those who'd like some friendly advice losing weight; the advice given is sound and will work.

As for helping pinheads with chronic bitterness, I'm not a mental professional, so you twats will have to find help on your own.

Snap.

by dingDONGSreply 3312/28/2012

R25, don't be ridiculous. It is unhealthy to go so long without food and it will just slow your metabolism down. Not to mention how hard it will be to fall asleep with your stomach growling at you because you haven't eaten in 11 hours.

by dingDONGSreply 3412/28/2012

R25 doesn't apply to you, R34. In your case, stuff your face with jelly donuts at least 10 minutes prior to going to bed. Repeat each night until your lower intestine finally explodes.

by dingDONGSreply 3512/28/2012

I agree with R2, though I don't like the fact that fatties seem to get more hate on here than killers and rapists. On the other hand, check out the "body-positive" losers on Tumblr, for some hilarious "sexy and fit at any size" denial. Get a grip, chubsters.

I need to lose 30 pounds, and I'm going to do it once and for all, because I'm sick to death of my weight fluctuating over the past 20 years. At 5'4, I've been close to 200 lbs and an emaciated 110 on a Macroneurotic diet.

Since I'm over 40 I'm making like Catherine Deneuve and choosing my face over a skinny ass, but the excess weight is coming off and this is gonna be my year, dammit.

by dingDONGSreply 3612/28/2012
Need more help? Click Here.