Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The year's most hideous real estate listings...

Have at it tasteful friends.

by Anonymousreply 4012/29/2012

Tax the rich.

by Anonymousreply 112/27/2012

Those are hideous. Celine Dion's house actually looks lovely and sedate compared to all of the rest of them

by Anonymousreply 212/27/2012

Wow, although the one in Houston clearly doesn't belong being nothing like rich. Most of these you figure the designer is some child relative who is not qualified in design, but that one in Sulphur, Louisiana, takes your breath away. The one in Mulkiteo, I kinda liked. And I could live in the one in Destin too.

by Anonymousreply 312/27/2012

Wow - it's amazing how over the top these are. The only two that are OK are Celine's house and the one in Olympia, WA - but that's only if you love living in a museum.

Sulpher, LA's "castle" is hilarious - tons of concrete and the cheapest looking kitchen.

I'm wondering how many people laughed at the owners when they went through the place.

I personally can't STAND "over" elegant furniture. You're not royalty.

by Anonymousreply 412/27/2012

I was going for a French Chateau look, you prostitution whores!

by Anonymousreply 512/28/2012

R5 - speaking of which, the Miami one is the house in RHOMiami - that obnoxious German guy who is also friends with Kim Solziak.

by Anonymousreply 612/28/2012

The second one looks like a Serbian warlord's house.

White Castle founder in Sulpher, I hope. The walls aren't even finished. They're cheap cement block.

Meet the owner (picture) of Chateau de Bon Reve:

This castle was the vision of one man, Dwaine Allen Ellender, the third of five children born to Arnold and Florence Ellender. A self proclaimed workaholic, Dwaine founded Dwaine Ellender Portable Buildings at the young age of 19. Through determination and hard work he was able to retire at age 42, therefore allowing him to build what was to become the dream home of a lifetime for himself, Lisa and the people of Sulphur, Louisiana.

[bold]Dwaine designed and built the castle with his own two hands,[/bold] with alot of sweat and determination. Having the experience of building several homes, thousands of buildings and warehouses, he was well prepared for the task at hand. [bold]He would soon discover that many professionals in their field would quit after two or three days of work, saying "it was just too big of a job - too difficult to build."[/bold] It was then that Dwaine took on the job to finish the castle himself with the help of family, friends and people from various places, it was completed in three years and two months.

Still at the young age of 54, his dream was completed with the opening of the castle in March 2007. Dwaine wanted his vision to be experienced by others. He designed the Banquet Hall to adjoin the private living quarters where he truly is the king of his castle. This 35 ft. X 60 ft., two story Great Hall has an adjoining commercial sized kitchen, Bride and Groom dressing areas, restrooms, and is able to comfortably hold 225 guests. Making it the perfect place for people of all ages to make their dream event come true.

Before completion, Dwaine sat with a friend's mother to decide on a name befitting this accomplishment of a lifetime. From this conversation came a name that would encompass what he had envisioned, "Chateau de Bon Reve" which means "House of Good Dreams".

by Anonymousreply 712/28/2012

I don't think they'd allow same sex couples at Chateau de Bon Reve's banquet and reception hall facilities. I think that works out best for all. How many gay couples would want to be married with a cement block wall in the background?

by Anonymousreply 812/28/2012

I quite like the first one and Celine's isn't really bad. The Houston house is just a dated Grandma house, and a wallpaper museum from 1974. The Fort Lauderdale one is the worst to me. So, so tacky.

by Anonymousreply 912/28/2012

The mansion in Indy is lovely outside but repulsive inside.

by Anonymousreply 1012/28/2012

There is something very haunting/surreal/still life about Celine's house. I quite like it. It's almost Tim Burton-ish.

by Anonymousreply 1112/28/2012

Both of the houses from Indiana look like Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza hotels.

The one from Houston is only $499K - how did it get included with these?

by Anonymousreply 1212/28/2012

Jesus Christ.

The ones in Nassau Bay, Carmel and in Louisiana are possibly the worst I've ever seen.

I feel like the people in the Indiana one just don't know better.

The Brooklyn, Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Destin, and L.A. ones could be saved with remodeling.

Houston = disgusting

by Anonymousreply 1312/28/2012

Why on earth would anyone want to own a glasshouse? That's ridiculous!

by Anonymousreply 1412/28/2012

What's up with the his and his twin urinals in Indiana? Between those and the well-equipped gym, I think it must belong to a gay couple. If not, it should be.

Most of them would be lovely if you just ripped down all that tacky drapery. The floors in the Washington property are gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 1512/28/2012

Good God OP I was so nauseated by these houses I actually had to quick search out a house that I wouldn't mind living in. Great detail but not gaudy– the wall paper might be flowery for some but still, great bones.

by Anonymousreply 1612/28/2012

I kinda like that Miami Beach one. It's so beyond the pale of bad taste it's actually fun! Of course, the furniture has to stay.

by Anonymousreply 1712/28/2012

[quote]that obnoxious German guy

surprised how they've managed to cover up all his homophobic rantings from the 90's.

by Anonymousreply 1812/28/2012

Their decor is hideous but this is what I think of when I think of dream house. Something like this. How do people live in those monstrosities?

by Anonymousreply 1912/28/2012

That one in Nassau Bay is a hop, skip and a jump from me. Yikes. Someone likes purple.

They are all way over the top. How on earth do they live in these things and why do they think they need that much space?

The house in WA is interesting to me architecturally but has cheap looking wood laminate work inside. Great views though.

by Anonymousreply 2012/28/2012

Fort Lauderdale, FL belongs to a hoarder. There is clutter along with too much furniture crammed in absolutely EVERYWHERE.

by Anonymousreply 2112/28/2012

I like the purple one in an odd way.

by Anonymousreply 2212/28/2012

That's a handsome house R19. That's what I mean by great bones. Of course you'd spend a fortune in wall paper removal but the detail on the staircase is gorgeous. That and the price makes it worth it, assuming the location made sense for the buyer.

by Anonymousreply 2312/28/2012

Wouldn't that be House of Good Dream? I don't see a plural there.

What a waste of time and money - I hope the non-rented part of the house is actually well done. Something tells me it isn't.

by Anonymousreply 2412/28/2012

I'm curious where that Houston house is. There's water in the background, which is not that common here.

by Anonymousreply 2512/28/2012

R25 are you talking about the big house in Nassau Bay or that old ranch style home with the pool?

I'm guessing the ranch style could be in the Memorial/Hunters Creek area which still has a lot of those old 50's ranches and many backed up to bayous.

Nassau Bay is a suburb of Houston down near NASA and it's on Clear Lake which is fed by Galveston Bay. Monied area.

by Anonymousreply 2612/28/2012

They are all fine, they just need new wallpapers.

by Anonymousreply 2712/28/2012

I'm talking about the one labeled "Houson, [sic]TX $499,000." There's a circular garden thing with a statute in front of the house.

by Anonymousreply 2812/28/2012

Probably a bayou or canal R28. Lots of those in Houston.

by Anonymousreply 2912/28/2012

There are lots of bayous in Houston, but not that many houses back up onto them. In the city limits, they have been channeled for flood control.

by Anonymousreply 3012/28/2012

The room covered in dead animals in the Fort Lauderdale, Fla. home has got to be one of the tackiest fucking things I've ever witnessed. To think that all of those animals lost their lives so that they could be had by some waste of a carbon with infinitely more money than taste just hurts my soul. May God damn the human race for such an abomination.

by Anonymousreply 3112/28/2012

ITA R31.

The homes in Los Angeles and Olympia, while gaudy, have at least been finished with great attention to detail and using top notch finishes. I have to LOL at the description of the Louisiana home with the "commercial grade kitchen, ideal for catering". It's less equipped than a kitchen in an average 2,500 sq ft home!

by Anonymousreply 3212/28/2012

Are we sure the Brooklyn home isn't actually a house of ill repute?

by Anonymousreply 3312/28/2012

Oh yeah and how the FUCK is that Brooklyn home worth anything close to $14M?

by Anonymousreply 3412/28/2012

[quote]Are we sure the Brooklyn home isn't actually a house of ill repute?

It was built by Iranians of the [italic]Shahs of Sunset[/italic] ilk.

by Anonymousreply 3512/28/2012

I could only stomach the one in Texas. I like ramblers and I like white kitchens. The purple monstrosity would be my second "favorite."

The rest made me sick to look at.

I will say that some had lovely outdoor spaces and views.

Okay, Celine's wasn't that bad I guess.

by Anonymousreply 3612/28/2012

The bubble house rocks - if it retains heat. Please note there's a fireplace in every room.

by Anonymousreply 3712/28/2012

The one house had wallpaper on the ceiling. And they had low ceilings anyway so the wallpaper makes them look lower

Each house was more hideous than the next. Can you imagine being the real estate agent selling those homes? How about if you live in one of those homes and you think your place is fabulous and then you find out your house is on a website about hideous homes?

by Anonymousreply 3812/29/2012

I remember some HGTV decorating show years ago where ordinary people would get a spotlight of their homes. This one woman was so proud of her home, which was hideous with black, pink and purple highlights. I remember the tub was two mermaids or something and pink. The couple themselves were tacky. She had bleached blonde hair teased up and too tight clothing and he looked like a big, hairy Italian guido.

It was in Las Vegas I think. Anyway, I wish I could find pictures of that home.

by Anonymousreply 3912/29/2012

The house in Olympia is actually pretty good. It's over-the-top but the furnishings and details are beautiful and the colors palates are pleasant. But the one on Carmel, Indiana is a house of horrors. And the Fort Lauderdale one and the Chateau D'Or in LA are beyond bad taste. Lady Gaga shot her Paparazzi video there.

Check out this video and how the real estate broker says Chateau D'Or. It's a riot. She says it like Chateau duh'Or.

by Anonymousreply 4012/29/2012
Need more help? Click Here.